ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Browns sign Kareem Hunt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321263)

BryanBusby 08-09-2019 10:01 PM

Pat is going to be carrying the team for years and years. Why is everyone worked up about a RB, yet again?

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2019 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14387752)
Pat is going to be carrying the team for years and years. Why is everyone worked up about a RB, yet again?

I agree, but I'm not sure why we couldn't simply have both. I don't see the downside in trotting out an elite RB on a rookie contract.

Best22 08-09-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14387664)
Watch ANY highlights of the Chiefs/donx the last few years. Hunt carries the Chiefs.

What games were you watching?

He’s had a single 100 yard game vs. Denver (MNF comeback), and we were actually trailing by 10 when we abandoned the run and put the ball in the MVP’s hands

Sassy Squatch 08-09-2019 10:36 PM

Because he kicked a girl in a drunken stupor and then lied about it multiple times over months. That's why.

comochiefsfan 08-09-2019 10:40 PM

I will never forgive Clark if the Browns somehow win a super bowl before us.

This league is about one thing and one thing only, winning championships. If we miss out on a championship because Clark got his feelings hurt then he should sell the team. It’s been 50 years, I don’t care if we have a team full of convicts. Get it done.

Deberg_1990 08-09-2019 10:52 PM

Hunt will ram it down the Chiefs throats in the AFC championship game.

Cause Chiefs....

TEX 08-09-2019 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 14387783)
What games were you watching?

He’s had a single 100 yard game vs. Denver (MNF comeback), and we were actually trailing by 10 when we abandoned the run and put the ball in the MVP’s hands

Much more to a game than rushing for 100 yards. The game at Arrowhead last year against the Cheating Donx, Hunt was certainly a difference maker.

stevieray 08-09-2019 11:33 PM

...Loved that guy! Him & Pat were tight......I thought they were going to tear it up for years.

alas, water under the bridge.

BryanBusby 08-09-2019 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14387781)
I agree, but I'm not sure why we couldn't simply have both. I don't see the downside in trotting out an elite RB on a rookie contract.

He did it to himself and he's 100% responsible for himself. It sucks, but it's time to move on.

You gotta really **** Andy Reid over hard to get him to give up on you. Keep that in perspective.

Best22 08-10-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14387801)
Much more to a game than rushing for 100 yards. The game at Arrowhead last year against the Cheating Donx, Hunt was certainly a difference maker.

As was Tanoh Kpassognon with his key tackle for loss

Doesn’t mean he carried the team to the win

PAChiefsGuy 08-10-2019 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14387784)
Because he kicked a girl in a drunken stupor and then lied about it multiple times over months. That's why.

Who cares? He is a kid. People make mistakes. Girl was being a bitch. No way in hell should he have been released. Chiefs clearly made a mistake, only an idiot would think otherwise.

Sassy Squatch 08-10-2019 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14387842)
Who cares? He is a kid. People make mistakes. Girl was being a bitch. No way in hell should he have been released. Chiefs clearly made a mistake, only an idiot would think otherwise.

LMAO Damien Williams stepped in and gave us the same production. Not to mention the fact that Hunt already got in trouble AGAIN in Cleveland. The only idiots are the ones still sitting here pissing and bitching and moaning about this fool getting himself kicked off the team.

IUsedToBeATightEnd 08-10-2019 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14387846)
LMAO Damien Williams stepped in and gave us the same production. Not to mention the fact that Hunt already got in trouble AGAIN in Cleveland. The only idiots are the ones still sitting here pissing and bitching and moaning about this fool getting himself kicked off the team.

The only idiots here are those who believe Damien Williams is as good as Kareem, those who rate players on stats, and those who do not realize how much pressure a RB like K.Hunt can take off a QB.

penchief 08-10-2019 05:09 AM

I've moved on and feel like we will eventually be able to fill that void but we haven't yet. A lot of people are comparing apples to oranges when talking about production. Statistics are not the same thing as effectiveness.

Hunt was a tone setter. He beat defenses down and stole their will. He was that rare back that had big play explosiveness but also punished defenses physically. Having to defend both Hunt and Hill was a freaking nightmare for opposing teams.

I know I am in the minority but I wouldn't have traded Hunt for any other back in the league. That said, Andy is building an offensive juggernaut. And with each passing day the impact of Hunt's loss is mitigated more and more.

notorious 08-10-2019 06:33 AM

Hopefully he tears it up and Cleveland over pays to keep him, then he blows he his Achilles to strap them.