ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

Baby Lee 07-19-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8753560)
Some of the new season 3 cast members:

Had meant to post this, if for no other reason than to make sure all were aware that the guy playing the Warg Orell [McKenzie Crook] was Gareth aka the original Dwight on the BBC Office.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PZWjzHtnZCA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vailpass 07-19-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8753829)
They won't do more than 10 episodes, but they have said that book 3 will be split out over two seasons, so they won't try to get through all of book 3 in one 10 episode season if that's what you mean. The producers basically said that can't be done and do it justice.

So they have 20 episodes to get all of book 3 in (assuming the show renews for season 4, which is pretty much a given at this point). I assume they will end season 3 with the red wedding in episode 9 which is ususally the climactic episode, but who knows?

God they're going to drag it out that long? Every year that goes by the chances that we won't see the entire series on HBO get larger and larger.

Hawk 07-19-2012 05:05 PM

I think it's a good thing. Anything we get beyond book 3 is a bonus, but I'm okay with that as long as we get book 3 done right. You simply cannot cram it all into one 10 episode season. That being said, I am sure parts of books 4 and 5 will end up coming into the second half of season 4.

Not sure that it's likely we'll ever get all the books on HBO, hell the books might not even be finished in time to do that at GRRM's current pace. Still, it could happen. Ratings have been good, and book sales are still going strong meaning more and more people are reading the books meaning a larger and larger built in audience for the show. With those dynamics, it is certainly a realistic possibility that we get all of the books covered on HBO.

Pants 07-19-2012 05:21 PM

Holy crap, I'm usually super pissed about bad casting (and I know it's totally unfair) but I really, really like the new peeps (minus Missandei, she looks like she's way older than the little girl in the book). I personally envisioned Blackfish as an old retired Navy SEAL Team 6 operator when I was reading the books, but the dude they cast is good too.

Freaking Reeds are perfect, IMO, as is Orell.

Hawk 07-20-2012 07:57 AM

They have aged up Missandei to a more appropriate level as they have done with all the kids in the books. In the books Bran is 8, Arya is 10, Sansa is 12, Robb is 15, Jon is 14, etc. GRRM is very talented, but he doesn't seem to have the firmest grip on kids' ages and the things they can actually do at those ages. The show has aged them all up to more realistic ages.

I always thought Missandei was waaaaaay too smart to be as young as she was said to be in the books. It's not just that she speaks several languages, but it's the way she knew without being told how to smoothly leave out the insults and threats and get to the heart of what was being said. Very intuitive, way too nuanced for a young girl. I'm in the middle of re-reading book 3, and was just thinking that when reading the chapter where she is first interpreting between Dany and the slavemasters.

Setsuna 07-20-2012 10:54 AM

I can't wait to see who they choose for Darkstar/ Dark Star.

DaneMcCloud 07-20-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8752930)
Read the ****ing books, Dane.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8753293)
Yeah, this. All of these books are forever long. Plus, you get better inside info as you read them. A lot of this stuff makes more sense as you watch the series...

Thanks guys but I probably won't have the kind of time required to read these books for about 14-18 years.

:doh!:

vailpass 07-20-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8754920)
They have aged up Missandei to a more appropriate level as they have done with all the kids in the books. In the books Bran is 8, Arya is 10, Sansa is 12, Robb is 15, Jon is 14, etc. GRRM is very talented, but he doesn't seem to have the firmest grip on kids' ages and the things they can actually do at those ages. The show has aged them all up to more realistic ages.

I always thought Missandei was waaaaaay too smart to be as young as she was said to be in the books. It's not just that she speaks several languages, but it's the way she knew without being told how to smoothly leave out the insults and threats and get to the heart of what was being said. Very intuitive, way too nuanced for a young girl. I'm in the middle of re-reading book 3, and was just thinking that when reading the chapter where she is first interpreting between Dany and the slavemasters.

Yeah they kind of had to age everybody up. Can't have a bunch of naked 12 year olds running around killing, marrying and ****ing like they do in the books.
TBH I always picture them older while reading the books because the acts of the characters just aren't plausible for children.

Hawk 07-27-2012 01:46 PM

Looks like they cast Ramsay Snow/Bolton. I think he looks like he can pull that part off, plus he has some real actor chops which is good because he needs to nail this role. There is talk of him filming already, so i guess they are going to show the Theon/Ramsay arc at least some this season which i am really happy about. There is a lot of potential for excellent scenes between Ramsay and Theon that were never shown in the books.

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/07/iw...me-of-thrones/

Pasta Little Brioni 07-27-2012 07:22 PM

I pictured him like Bam Margera, so I think it's spot on looks wise to me at least.

Great Expectations 07-27-2012 07:34 PM

Is it accepted that Jon survived the attack?

L.A. Chieffan 07-27-2012 08:49 PM

Robb and Jon are key characters that they'll never get rid of.

SAUTO 07-27-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8773120)

Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 07-28-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8773120)

This. Possibly.

Huffmeister 07-28-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 8772870)
Is it accepted that Jon survived the attack?

If he didn't, then he's going to rise again and join his Uncle Benjen as a white walker.