ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

KcMizzou 08-09-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan4Life (Post 4904554)
Because I don't agree that it's a great film? Ha

I think I'll download a movie tonight just for you

I haven't seen it, but movies are a matter of personal tastes. One man's trash...

I think it's pretty silly to call someone a moron for not liking a particular film.

Fire Me Boy! 08-09-2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan4Life (Post 4904554)
Because I don't agree that it's a great film? Ha

I think I'll download a movie tonight just for you

Yeah, because neg rep and illegal activity is really something to do because I called you moron... in jest. Get a ****ing life.

:rolleyes:

In all seriousness... you're downing a movie that was widely praised, by both critics and audiences alike (92 percent at Rotten Tomatoes), and I'm the one who's out of step.

Fire Me Boy! 08-09-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4904643)
I haven't seen it, but movies are a matter of personal tastes. One man's trash...

I think it's pretty silly to call someone a moron for not liking a particular film.

Forgot to add the :p smiley. I thought "clearly" was being somewhat sarcastic. I also thought, apparently mistakenly, that my history on this board of being open to others' tastes in movies would speak for itself.

KcMizzou 08-09-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 4904847)
Forgot to add the :p smiley. I thought "clearly" was being somewhat sarcastic. I also thought, apparently mistakenly, that my history on this board of being open to others' tastes in movies would speak for itself.

Good... because I like some pretty shitty movies. I know they're shitty... but damnit... sometimes they're entertaining.

Just depends on what kind of mood you're in...

Sure-Oz 08-09-2008 11:29 PM

Im in the middle of it....it is interesting so far...

Nzoner 08-09-2008 11:34 PM

I finally saw Dark Knight tonight at the IMAX in KC,Ledger was awesome and it was entertaining as hell.Not going to move into my top 20 or anything like that but I can see buying it on DVD.

irishjayhawk 08-10-2008 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4904855)
Good... because I like some pretty shitty movies. I know they're shitty... but damnit... sometimes they're entertaining.

Just depends on what kind of mood you're in...

Let's see if you're a moron.

KcMizzou 08-10-2008 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4905185)
Let's see if you're a moron.

Do you have a test in mind or something?

Fire Me Boy! 08-10-2008 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4905188)
Do you have a test in mind or something?

"Clearly" irish can sense his own kind.

:p

ChiefsFan4Life 08-10-2008 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 4904845)
Yeah, because neg rep and illegal activity is really something to do because I called you moron... in jest. Get a ****ing life.

:rolleyes:

In all seriousness... you're downing a movie that was widely praised, by both critics and audiences alike (92 percent at Rotten Tomatoes), and I'm the one who's out of step.

Hey why don't you go act like a bitch and start a thread saying you are leaving forever to draw attention to yourself and then come back as you are here now...oh wait...you already did that

Fire Me Boy! 08-10-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan4Life (Post 4905297)
Hey why don't you go act like a bitch and start a thread saying you are leaving forever to draw attention to yourself and then come back as you are here now...oh wait...you already did that

Why don't YOU go look at that thread (I'll be happy to link it here) and tell me where I said I was leaving forever.

Matter of fact, I'll link it here for you. CLICK HERE.

When Phil called me, I told him I'd be back. How is that saying I'm leaving forever? Maybe I missed it. :shrug:

ChiefsFan4Life 08-10-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 4905588)
Why don't YOU go look at that thread (I'll be happy to link it here) and tell me where I said I was leaving forever.

Matter of fact, I'll link it here for you. CLICK HERE.

When Phil called me, I told him I'd be back. How is that saying I'm leaving forever? Maybe I missed it. :shrug:

That's even worse - so you made a big deal about leaving? Wow, that's so awesome of you.

Fire Me Boy! 08-10-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan4Life (Post 4905617)
That's even worse - so you made a big deal about leaving? Wow, that's so awesome of you.

Unwad the panties, man. Like I said in a previous post, I forgot the stupid smiley. I thought the "clearly" was a note of sarcasm (obviously, I was wrong), and you're getting all bent out of shape.

And yes, for the record, the note about me leaving was to make a "point". I wasn't crying, trying to get everyone to talk me back in. I was off the board for three or four months or something like that. Honestly can't remember how long I was gone. The "point" of the thread was that because of a number of douchebags CP was losing a fairly long-time, productive member for a while. And call me a drama queen if you wish (though you're making a rather large stink over a pretty innocuous comment yourself), but I wanted it known that I was pissed.

If you want to know what really led me to the hiatus, I'll be happy to let you know. The American Gangster thread was just the tip of the iceberg. Certainly not the straw that broke the camel's back.

Maybe now we can just let it rest and get back to talking about movies? I'll make sure next time I call you a moron to include the smiley so there's no confusion. Like whatever you like man, don't like whatever you don't like.

Here's a few for me that go against the flow: I think Will Farrell movies absolutely suck ass. Can't stand the guy. Feel the same way about Jim Carrey comedies. Can't stand Monty Python. I like Dick Tracy. I didn't think Battlefield Earth was really that bad. I don't think Pamela Anderson is attractive, nor do I think Jada Pinkett Smith is attractive. I do, however, find Maggie Gyllenhaal very sexy.

Feel free to call me a moron on any and/or of the above.

QuikSsurfer 08-10-2008 12:37 PM

Knock this shit off. Lets keep it to movie talk.

Anyone see Pineapple Express yet?

Fire Me Boy! 08-10-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4905649)
Knock this shit off. Lets keep it to movie talk.

Anyone see Pineapple Express yet?

Didn't look that interesting to me.

I watched Guide for the Married Man this morning. That movie is friggin' funny as hell. Great cast, including Robert Morse and Walter Mathau.