ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

Pants 07-18-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8751143)
Yeah he is major ****ed up in the book. Own sister doesn't know who his prematurely aged ass is. Maybe you're right, maybe HBO will soften up the story for the masses.

Does that actually happen to people who are subjected to prolonged extreme mental and physical anguish brought on by continuous torture? I mean, I felt like GRRM went a little over the top with the Theon change in the books... I never visualized him as an old man (even though that's how he was described), I just imagined him as a ****ed up, toothless shell of Theon.

DaneMcCloud 07-18-2012 11:51 PM

I've never read any of GRRM's books. I'd rather read them after the HBO series concludes but I have to admit, I've never seen so much ****ed up, crazy assed shit in a TV series or movie before, so I'm jonesing for the series to finish up.

Silock 07-19-2012 01:30 AM

Lol welcome back, you rusty ****!

SAUTO 07-19-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8752386)
I've never read any of GRRM's books. I'd rather read them after the HBO series concludes but I have to admit, I've never seen so much ****ed up, crazy assed shit in a TV series or movie before, so I'm jonesing for the series to finish up.

holy shit, whats up man?

Setsuna 07-19-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8751143)
Yeah he is major ****ed up in the book. Own sister doesn't know who his prematurely aged ass is. Maybe you're right, maybe HBO will soften up the story for the masses.

Yep. Thanks for playing! PBJ

Pants 07-19-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Read the ****ing books, Dane.

Huffmeister 07-19-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

so I'm jonesing for the series to finish up.

It turns out that everything after Ned's beheading was just a figment of his imagination as his head went rolling down the steps of the Great Sept of Baelor.

Bowser 07-19-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8752930)
Read the ****ing books, Dane.

Yeah, this. All of these books are forever long. Plus, you get better inside info as you read them. A lot of this stuff makes more sense as you watch the series...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8752955)
It turns out that everything after Ned's beheading was just a figment of his imagination as his head went rolling down the steps of the Great Sept of Baelor.

Spoiler that shit for the n00b, man. Just don't tell him that after Ned's head goes a-flyin', Bob Newhart wakes up and tells us it's all a dream.

Ah, crap.

vailpass 07-19-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8751279)
Does that actually happen to people who are subjected to prolonged extreme mental and physical anguish brought on by continuous torture? I mean, I felt like GRRM went a little over the top with the Theon change in the books... I never visualized him as an old man (even though that's how he was described), I just imagined him as a ****ed up, toothless shell of Theon.

Don't know what the long-term effects of torture look. I picture the black and white snapshots of Jewish prisoners in my grandfather's strong box that he brought home from the war.

IMHO that's why books are better sometimes because we all picture characters in our own way whereas the movie only lets us see the character as the filmaker sees it. Will be interesting to see Theon all broke-ass and tore down.

Bowser 07-19-2012 02:30 PM

She even works as a brunette....

http://www.hawtcelebs.com/wp-content...an-Diego-2.jpg

Hawk 07-19-2012 02:38 PM

Some of the new season 3 cast members:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rpSDSgChsaI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vailpass 07-19-2012 03:31 PM

The kid that plays Jojen Reed looks exactly like a greenseer to me. Missandei is a cute little girl isn't she?

Bowser 07-19-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8753746)
The kid that plays Jojen Reed looks exactly like a greenseer to me. Missandei is a cute little girl isn't she?

She is. Love that accent.

I know this show is all kinds of expensive, but I really, really hope they find a way to up the number of episodes for season three to at least 15. Just the sheer number of characters that keep getting introduced are going to demaand it.

vailpass 07-19-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8753760)
She is. Love that accent.

I know this show is all kinds of expensive, but I really, really hope they find a way to up the number of episodes for season three to at least 15. Just the sheer number of characters that keep getting introduced are going to demaand it.

X2

Hawk 07-19-2012 04:07 PM

They won't do more than 10 episodes, but they have said that book 3 will be split out over two seasons, so they won't try to get through all of book 3 in one 10 episode season if that's what you mean. The producers basically said that can't be done and do it justice.

So they have 20 episodes to get all of book 3 in (assuming the show renews for season 4, which is pretty much a given at this point). I assume they will end season 3 with the red wedding in episode 9 which is ususally the climactic episode, but who knows?