ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Drink of choice tonight? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490)

CHIEF4EVER 03-17-2007 08:19 PM

A glass or 2 or 3 or...... of homemade Riesling well chilled.

Mr. Kotter 03-17-2007 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
I met him at Sam's Club and delivered his new smoker to his house.

Well, that's definitely worthy of some Pale Ale.

Hope the smoker treats him well. :toast:

I've thought of getting a pickup, but I'm kind of a pushover when friends ask for shit--and the four kids wouldn't have anywhere to sit...so I'm probably better off without it.

Phobia 03-17-2007 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
Well, that's definitely worthy of some Pale Ale.

Hope the smoker treats him well. :toast:

I've thought of getting a pickup, but I'm kind of a pushover when friends ask for shit--and the four kids wouldn't have anywhere to sit...so I'm probably better off without it.

Yeah, it was probably worth a case but he also put $15 towards gas so I'm not complaining too much. I enjoyed his company. We talked about cooking and stuff. For some strange reason I stuck around and helped him assemble the thing.

Mr. Kotter 03-17-2007 08:28 PM

Quote:

... For some strange reason I stuck around and helped him assemble the thing.

Damn. That's mighty white of you. Heh. ROFL

Seriously though, that's cool.

So, you gonna buy this joint from Kyle, or what? ;)

kstater 03-17-2007 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa949
Tanq and tonic baby. Its going to be a good night.

Damn Straight. It's always Beefeater or Tanq. Screw the tonic though, just pour it over ice.

noa 03-17-2007 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater
Screw the tonic though, just pour it over ice.

That's hardcore.

Mr. Kotter 03-17-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa949
That's hardcore.

No, shit.....GIN, on the rocks? :spock:

kstater 03-17-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

No, shit.....GIN, on the rocks? :spock:

Weaklings, just a Martini minus the Vermuth.

Phobia 03-17-2007 08:39 PM

Quote:

Damn. That's mighty white of you. Heh. ROFL

Seriously though, that's cool.

So, you gonna buy this joint from Kyle, or what? ;)

Yeah, I'll buy it right after I get my new Ferrari.

I've been kicking around the thought of a new site - not necessarily Chiefs specific. The more I think about it, the more I don't want to.

kstater 03-17-2007 08:39 PM

Granted you can't drink 10 like Bob Dole and his white russians. Two is good for me.

Mr. Kotter 03-17-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I'll buy it right after I get my new Ferrari.

I've been kicking around the thought of a new site - not necessarily Chiefs specific. The more I think about it, the more I don't want to.

It's tough. Knowing what to do. Priorities and talents merely confuse the issue though, from my perspective. :(

Mr. Kotter 03-17-2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater
Weaklings, just a Martini minus the Vermuth.

I'm not a Martini man....so I wouldn't know. :shrug:

Gin....the whole pine needles aura....just makes me nauseous.

To each his own though.

unothadeal 03-17-2007 08:49 PM

Milk

Nzoner 03-17-2007 09:25 PM

Before going out today I decided to check on th net for low carb drinks and decideds on jack and diet coke,well place we went had jack and diet pepsi so i tried it and a lil weet but holy shit amn i be ficked uo.

yeti 03-17-2007 10:02 PM

ya i am not a big fan of mixing the pepsi with anything really. just doesn't mix well for me.

boogblaster 03-17-2007 10:03 PM

Red-beer .. burpppp.....

Crush 03-17-2007 10:03 PM

Rum and Coke

plbrdude 03-17-2007 10:06 PM

had a glass of cran-grape a little while ago

L.A. Chieffan 03-17-2007 10:07 PM

Pacifico with lime....can't believe it's been st pats day all day and this is the first drink i've had

Sam Hall 03-17-2007 11:06 PM

Nobody had an Irish Car Bomb today?

Raiderhater 03-18-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall
Nobody had an Irish Car Bomb today?

I had one right before I went into work. I love those things.

StcChief 03-18-2007 10:04 PM

Corona

Nzoner 03-18-2007 10:13 PM

I'm still feeling the day after effect,one of these days I'll learn that when partying with Mr Daniels he will always get the last word.

Raiderhater 04-20-2007 05:42 PM

Mint Julep using Russle's Reserve bourbon. Good stuff.

Raiderhater 04-20-2007 05:44 PM

Good grief, this place is dragging. It's been a month since the last time this thread was posted on? Did you all sober up or something?

luv 04-20-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader
Mint Julep using Russle's Reserve bourbon. Good stuff.

I'll ask. What is a Mint Julep?

Raiderhater 04-20-2007 05:48 PM

A mint julep is a lovely little drink. You muddle a couple of sugar cubes and 8-12 mint leaves in a little soda water in a collins glass. Fill with crushed ice and fill with bourbon (a good quality bourbon since you are drinking it almost straight). Some add a splash of soda on the top, but they are not considered to be "purists".

Mr. Flopnuts 04-20-2007 05:50 PM

Tonight will be an Alaskan Amber night. Life is good. :toast:

SLAG 04-20-2007 05:51 PM

Im off of work in 5 min.. and then im off to have a Lawrence Free State.. Ad Astra

luv 04-20-2007 05:51 PM

Quote:

A mint julep is a lovely little drink. You muddle a couple of sugar cubes and 8-12 mint leaves in a little soda water in a collins glass. Fill with crushed ice and fill with bourbon (a good quality bourbon since you are drinking it almost straight). Some add a splash of soda on the top, but they are not considered to be "purists".

I've never had bourbon, but I'm not big on mint. Sounds pretty classy, though.

Raiderhater 04-20-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
I've never had bourbon, but I'm not big on mint. Sounds pretty classy, though.

It is the offial drink of the Kentucky Derby and a southern favorite.

Bourbon is teh king of whiskey.

luv 04-20-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

It is the offial drink of the Kentucky Derby and a southern favorite.

Bourbon is teh king of whiskey.

Now, I do like me some fine whiskey. (said in best southern bell accent)

Raiderhater 04-20-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
Now, I do like me some fine whiskey. (said in best southern bell accent)

Pick up a bottle of Knob Creek Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. It is aged 9 years and is 100 proof. VERY smooth whiskey, especially for a higher proof.

Dr. Johnny Fever 04-20-2007 06:12 PM

Sweet tea at the moment.

luv 04-20-2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me
Sweet tea at the moment.

Oh crap! Speaking of sweet, I've got cookies and slaw to make to take to the bbq tomorrow.

Raiderhater 04-20-2007 06:41 PM

I saw a shot in one of the bar guides at work today that I decided I was going to try when I got home to see if it was worth knowing or not. It's called A Monkey's Lunchbox. You layer Kahlua, Banana Schnapps and Bailey's. I just had about 4 or 5 of them trying to get it to layer the way they showed it in the book, with the banana in the middle. It kept sinking to the bottom, which it actually should being the heaviest of the three. I don't know how they managed to get it in the middle, but it really doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

It'll be a decent chick shot to suggest when the girls don't know what they want. I'll have something to offer them that they are likely unfamiliar with (at least in these parts). And that just makes me look cool and knowledgeable as a bartender.

luv 04-20-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

I saw a shot in one of the bar guides at work today that I decided I was going to try when I got home to see if it was worth knowing or not. It's called A Monkey's Lunchbox. You layer Kahlua, Banana Schnapps and Bailey's. I just had about 4 or 5 of them trying to get it to layer the way they showed it in the book, with the banana in the middle. It kept sinking to the bottom, which it actually should being the heaviest of the three. I don't know how they managed to get it in the middle, but it really doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

It'll be a decent chick shot to suggest when the girls don't know what they want. I'll have something to offer them that they are likely unfamiliar with (at least in these parts). And that just makes me look cool and knowledgeable as a bartender.

That sounds yummy. I'd say offer them a Scooby Snack (very good shot), but they might take it the wrong way.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-20-2007 06:51 PM

Quote:

Sweet tea at the moment.

The one thing I miss the most about the South and Midwest. McDonald's had some AWESOME sweet tea. Seattle McDonald's? Ice fuggin coffee. Stick to what you know assholes. Coffee ain't it.

Raiderhater 04-20-2007 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
That sounds yummy. I'd say offer them a Scooby Snack (very good shot), but they might take it the wrong way.

Only if I'm lucky....

My bartending mentor taught a neat little shot/joke to give to the customer who wants you to surprise them. First a quick liquor lesson: Crown is often times refered to in drink names as "pussy", because it is that good.

Now this shot is equal parts Gran Mariner, peach scnapps, and Crown. Serve the shot and afterwords when asked what it is you give tell the name - Grandma's Peach Pussy.

luv 04-20-2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

Only if I'm lucky....

My bartending mentor taught a neat little shot/joke to give to the customer who wants you to surprise them. First a quick liquor lesson: Crown is often times refered to in drink names as "pussy", because it is that good.

Now this shot is equal parts Gran Mariner, peach scnapps, and Crown. Serve the shot and afterwords when asked what it is you give tell the name - Grandma's Peach Pussy.

I've heard of Crown and Peach Scnapps as a Southern Peach, I think. Those are good. Not that I know what pussy tastes like, but I love Crown.

Raiderhater 04-20-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts
The one thing I miss the most about the South and Midwest. McDonald's had some AWESOME sweet tea. Seattle McDonald's? Ice fuggin coffee. Stick to what you know assholes. Coffee ain't it.

First of all, what Seattle knows is coffee, not sweet tea.

Secondly, being in the food service industry in the south I have a question for you sweet tea drinkers: why in the hell when you go into an eating establishment and ask for sweet tea and are informed that they only have regular iced tea do you then proceed to order a Dr. Pepper or whatever (most commonly Dr. Pepper in my experience)? We have fucking sugar on the table. Why not get a regular tea and sweeten it like has been done for, well, forever?

Freaks.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-20-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Secondly, being in the food service industry in the south I have a question for you sweet tea drinkers: why in the hell when you go into an eating establishment and ask for sweet tea and are informed that they only have regular iced tea do you then proceed to order a Dr. Pepper or whatever (most commonly Dr. Pepper in my experience)? We have fucking sugar on the table. Why not get a regular tea and sweeten it like has been done for, well, forever?

Freaks.

ROFL Good question.

Raiderhater 04-20-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
I've heard of Crown and Peach Scnapps as a Southern Peach, I think. Those are good. Not that I know what pussy tastes like, but I love Crown.

I'll have to look into that, Crown is a Candian whisky; why the name of the drink would be a southern peach seems a bit off to me.

SoCo and peach or bourbon and peach I could see. I dunno'.

luv 04-20-2007 07:01 PM

Quote:

I'll have to look into that, Crown is a Candian whisky; why the name of the drink would be a southern peach seems a bit off to me.

I got to thinking about that as I was putting a batch of cookies in the oven. I think it was SoCo. Makes more sense.

Dr. Johnny Fever 04-20-2007 07:02 PM

graduated to Coke now.

luv 04-20-2007 07:03 PM

Quote:

graduated to Coke now.

Can't have Coke without Rum.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-20-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv

Depends on the coke.

KcMizzou 04-20-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Sounds tasty, but way too sweet. Sweet drinks make me ill.

luv 04-20-2007 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou

Something sweet, but not too much so, is my ever-loved Royal Flush Shot. Crown, Peach Schnapps, and Cranberry juice.

KcMizzou 04-20-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
Something sweet, but not too much so, is my ever-loved Royal Flush Shot. Crown, Peach Schnapps, and Cranberry juice.

Hmmm... that doesn't sound bad at all.

Joie 04-20-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Freaks.

It's not the same. If the sugar isn't added while the tea is still hot it doesn't blend in well enough and just sinks to the bottom. Some people can drink sweet and low in their tea and be fine. Not me. If it isn't already sweet I will order something else every time.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-20-2007 07:08 PM

I've seen this thread since the beginning of my tenure here. I am sad to say this is the first time I've noticed that it's the Drink of cholce thread. How I missed it, I will never know. Let's chalk it up to pot.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-20-2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joie
It's not the same. If the sugar isn't added while the tea is still hot it doesn't blend in well enough and just sinks to the bottom. Some people can drink sweet and low in their tea and be fine. Not me. If it isn't already sweet I will order something else every time.

I've never ever added sugar to tea. If it isn't already sweet I just don't order it. Now I have an excuse. Before it was laziness.

luv 04-20-2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

I've seen this thread since the beginning of my tenure here. I am sad to say this is the first time I've noticed that it's the Drink of cholce thread. How I missed it, I will never know. Let's chalk it up to pot.

Happy 4/20.

luv 04-20-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Hmmm... that doesn't sound bad at all.

Muy, muy bien, mi amigo.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-20-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
Happy 4/20.

I quit again. I'm starting a business and that shit muddles my brain.

Dr. Johnny Fever 04-20-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv

Don't like rum even a little.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-20-2007 07:10 PM

Thanks anyway though.

KcMizzou 04-20-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

I quit again. I'm starting a business and that shit muddles my brain.

Only for a while... speaking of which... If and when I smoke... after the first puff, I have absolutely no interest in alcohol. Doritos are another story.

KcMizzou 04-20-2007 07:12 PM

Quote:

Don't like rum even a little.

Me either. Again... too sweet.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-20-2007 07:13 PM

Quote:

Only for a while... speaking of which... If and when I smoke... after the first puff, I have absolutely no interest in alcohol. Doritos are another story.

Same. Minus the Doritos. Some people have the joy of just eating Doritos, others like myself have to wear the fuggin things for years to come.

luv 04-20-2007 07:14 PM

Quote:

Me either. Again... too sweet.

Rum is too sweet?

KcMizzou 04-20-2007 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
Rum is too sweet?

Well, Cap'n Morgan and Coke is.

I'm used to beer. :shrug:

luv 04-20-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Beer....let's see....pale ales or lagers for me.

Joie 04-20-2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
Beer....let's see....pale ales or lagers for me.

I don't like beer. At all.

Dr. Johnny Fever 04-20-2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

I enjoy beer.

SLAG 04-20-2007 08:05 PM

after my Large Freestate I am now home sipping on some Ancient Age Whiskey and Coke

Delano 04-20-2007 08:28 PM

I mixed a stiff Bloody Mary when I got off work. Good stuff.

stanleychief 04-20-2007 09:01 PM

Hobgoblin, Messiah Bold, Grolsch, Rouge Red, Rouge Dead Guy, Liberty Ale.

Yummy!

Mr. Kotter 04-20-2007 09:18 PM

22 months later, I still prefer the stuff I drank in the thread opener. ;)

Although, I've "diversified" my tastes a tad.

Here's to white russians and pale ale? :toast:

Bobs47 is is nice night-cap though.... :)

stanleychief 04-20-2007 09:56 PM

Quote:

22 months later, I still prefer the stuff I drank in the thread opener. ;)

Although, I've "diversified" my tastes a tad.

Here's to white russians and pale ale? :toast:

Bobs47 is is nice night-cap though.... :)

Bobs47 is one of my favorite lagers and I consider myself somewhat of a beer snob. We are lucky to have such a fine microbrewery in our town. I still appreciate a Blvd. Pale Ale once in a while (even one in my fridge right now!)

Have you tried Blvd. Lunar? I have mixed feelings about it. It's smooth enough, but it is a confusing beer to me. I want to like it or hate it, but it's just so middle of the road that I can't figure out if I like it or not.

Mr. Kotter 04-20-2007 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleychief
Bobs47 is one of my favorite lagers and I consider myself somewhat of a beer snob. We are lucky to have such a fine microbrewery in our town. I still appreciate a Blvd. Pale Ale once in a while (even one in my fridge right now!)

Have you tried Blvd. Lunar? I have mixed feelings about it. It's smooth enough, but it is a confusing beer to me. I want to like it or hate it, but it's just so middle of the road that I can't figure out if I like it or not.

I have not tried Boulevard Lunar. If you would like to send me a 6 pack, please PM me for my address. FTR, I'm a poor teacher in South Dakota...the lowest paid teachers in the U.S.A. I'd gladly accept your genorisity.

Otherwise, I'll pick it up the next time I'm in town. ;)

luv 04-20-2007 11:30 PM

One, single, solitary Boulevard Pale Ale to help me get sleepy. Leaving town in eight hours.

greg63 04-20-2007 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
One, single, solitary Boulevard Pale Ale to help me get sleepy. Leaving town in eight hours.

So yer ditchin out early huh??? :D

luv 04-20-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg63
So yer ditchin out early huh??? :D

Yeah. Gonna try to.

DJJasonp 04-20-2007 11:40 PM

grey goose and sprite....

Third Eye 04-21-2007 12:52 AM

Maker's Mark, rocks.

cadmonkey 04-21-2007 08:08 AM

20 days sober.................i am feeling great.

Raiderhater 04-21-2007 08:25 AM

Quote:

It would be with the SoCo, but not so much with the bourbon. Unless of course you are using a lot of peach and very little bourbon...

Raiderhater 04-21-2007 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joie

:spock: My, aren't we particular? Like I said, freaks.