ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid with 2nd Most Playoff Wins in NFL History (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352456)

FloridaMan88 02-29-2024 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17423332)
Doug Pederson would win here. Hell Matt Nagy took Trubisky to the playoffs. Bieniemy probably could from an xs and Os standpoint. His personality would grate after some time so the longevity is questionable, but to be able to send Mahomes out there and attack the opposing defense?

Andy went from a 45% playoff win rate before Mahomes to 83%.

Essentially, point 15 in the right direction and get out of his way. Don't do dumb shit like take his best personell off the field on crucial downs.

Profit.

Doug Peterson who was fired from the Eagles after the franchise collapsed into a dumpster fire of epic failure and whose Jagwads team collapsed/missed the playoffs after an 8-3 start last year... you'd rather have over Andy?

Matt Nagy who rode Vic Fangio's defense to his only playoff appearance in Chicago and then flamed out... you'd rather have over Andy?

And EB... who has been rejected by virtually every team in the NFL... and is now so desperate he's coaching at UCLA... who just lost their HC to a COORDINATOR position at another school... you'd rather have over Andy?

REEEEERUNNNNNNN. ROFL

RunKC 02-29-2024 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17423124)
Refuted.

I'm sorry, but wah wahhh I didn't have a hall of fame qb in the game I was STILL expected to win, but I made terrible calls and choked in, is not a valid excuse.

Are you going on record saying that NO coach alive could have taken those Eagles teams to a Superbowl victory because McNabb was not a HOF qb? Just the franchise leader in all passing categories. Top 5 statistical qb at the time.

Not even a coach who could balance run and pass, and manage the clock and take advantage of that ferocious defense?

That's a surface of the sun temperature take if so.

You probably also think it wasn't John Harbaughs fault that the Ravens lost the AFCCG in their house this year as well, despite abandoning the leagues best running game.

He just doesn't have a hall of fame qb guys. He can't be held responsible for a shitty gameplan and worse execution.

The Eagles should thank Andy for them winning a Super Bowl. Foles was drafted by Andy. Pederson was brought up under Andy.

Andy Reid even gave Rosman info to draft Jalen Hurts.

Andy never had his star QB and that’s the difference. This year more than proves that theory with how the offense played.

Your opinion on Andy is bizarre bc you need a star QB to win a ring. 90% of the time it’s the same guys. Look at the AFC for proof of that. Mahomes, Brady, Manning and Big Ben are the AFC Champions in all but 2 years since 2002.

McNabb was overrated as hell and was made to look better by Andy’s scheme.

RealSNR 02-29-2024 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17423332)
Doug Pederson would win here. I Hell Matt Nagy took Trubisky to the playoffs. ****ed Bieniemy probably could from an xs and Os standpoint. Your His personality would grate after some time so the longevity is questionable, but to be able to send Mahomes out there and attack the opposing defense? Sister

Andy went from a 45% playoff win rate before Mahomes to 83%. And

Essentially, point 15 in the right direction and get out of his way. Whore Don't do dumb shit like take his best personell off the field on crucial downs. Mother

Profit.

Profit indeed.

tredadda 03-01-2024 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17422413)
Well he's got himself 3 rings now doesn't he.

An apt summation of Andy's career would be a nice animation of Andy standing outside the Hall of Fame with the doors closed to him, as he prattle on about how many regular season ganes he won, division titles, multiple title game trips, yet the doors remain closed.

Mahomes enters the screen, in uniform, flowing red cape, kicks the doors off the hinges and takes Andy by the hand and leads him into the Hall of Fame.

11-13. 0 titles. That's your boy's record. Many of those losses, favored to win.

15-3 with Superman. Ray Charles could see this. It's strange so many can't/won't.

It's fine to admit you got the best qb that ever lived, and he's the reason for your dynasty.

If Mahomes is kidnapped by aliens to play in the interstellar league week 16, do you think Big Red is taking the team to the superbowl and winning?

The reason anyone has faith in these games that start to get away from us, is because of Mahomes. It's never OH WE GOT ANDY! ANDY WILL COOK SOMETHING UP AND GET US OUT OF THIS!

It's 15. It's always been 15 from the jump, and will be until he's physically unable to perform at his level.

Oh my. You just compared Pederson to some of the greatest coaches ever in a vain attempt to discredit Andy. Congratulations on that! But this discussion is pointless anymore as you are right and everyone else is wrong. It’s clear that you have something against Andy and won’t budge from that position no matter what anyone says or shows you.

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsbundle of sticks88 (Post 17423336)
Post the HC's you rank ahead of Andy Reid in the all time pantheon of great HC's.

Are you afraid to reveal your list?

Already done, repeatedly.

Again, try to keep up.

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17423756)
Oh my. You just compared Pederson to some of the greatest coaches ever in a vain attempt to discredit Andy. Congratulations on that! But this discussion is pointless anymore as you are right and everyone else is wrong. It’s clear that you have something against Andy and won’t budge from that position no matter what anyone says or shows you.

So you believe that the coach who lost his starting qb that was playing at an mvp level, and had to make a playoff run with Nick Foles, culminating in defeating Brady and Belichick in the Superbowl, would not be able to have success if he had Patrick Mahomes and this offense?

That's eh...interesting.

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsbundle of sticks88 (Post 17423341)
Doug Peterson who was fired from the Eagles after the franchise collapsed into a dumpster fire of epic failure and whose Jagwads team collapsed/missed the playoffs after an 8-3 start last year... you'd rather have over Andy?

Matt Nagy who rode Vic Fangio's defense to his only playoff appearance in Chicago and then flamed out... you'd rather have over Andy?

And EB... who has been rejected by virtually every team in the NFL... and is now so desperate he's coaching at UCLA... who just lost their HC to a COORDINATOR position at another school... you'd rather have over Andy?

REEEEERUNNNNNNN. ROFL

You really need someone to read to you. You're illiterate.

Take note that nowhere do I state, "I'd rather have x coach".

Simply stating that those coaches would have success with 15 and this offense does not equate to that.

The point....AGAINis that Andy went from 45% win rate in post season before 15, to 83% after. It was not due to some massive change in the way Andy coaches. The only change was at qb.

Probably stop calling people reerun. Glass houses and all that.

RunKC 03-01-2024 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17423778)
So you believe that the coach who lost his starting qb that was playing at an mvp level, and had to make a playoff run with Nick Foles, culminating in defeating Brady and Belichick in the Superbowl, would not be able to have success if he had Patrick Mahomes and this offense?

That's eh...interesting.

Outliers are outliers.

Doug has had Trevor Lawrence for 2 years and hasn’t done Jack shit

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 17423388)
Profit indeed.

Tapout accepted, I knew you wouldn't be in the discussion long. You rarely are.

Bye now.

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17423795)
Outliers are outliers.

Doug has had Trevor Lawrence for 2 years and hasn’t done Jack shit

Roughly translated: He ran into the best qb in the universe in the playoffs 2 years in a row.

FloridaMan88 03-01-2024 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17423760)
Already done, repeatedly.

Again, try to keep up.

Not in this thread… list the HC’s you’d rank higher than Andy.

Are you stalling because you are scared?

Looks like it.

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsbundle of sticks88 (Post 17423898)
Not in this thread… list the HC’s you’d rank higher than Andy.

Are you stalling because you are scared?

Looks like it.

Oh. Terrified.

Because there's nothing scarier than the judgements or disapproval of random reeruns on a message board.

It could just be that I'm sick of all the reeruned:

"UHHHH?!! OH YAH?!! WELL....WELL UHHHH WHO DO YOU THINK IS BETTER HUH??

YEAH?! U WANNA GO?!!

Who I rank higher than Andy is irrelevant in the discussion of Andy Reids coaching history, and discussion of the reason for a jump to 83% playoff win rate over 45% previously.

It's a completely different and irrelevant side conversation.

Moreover, I've already posted my list in previous discussions along with detailed reasoning.

You seem like a resourceful dipshit, if you want to know bad enough, I'm sure you can find it.

FloridaMan88 03-01-2024 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17423910)
Oh. Terrified.

Because there's nothing scarier than the judgements or disapproval of random reeruns on a message board.

It could just be that I'm sick of all the reeruned.

"UHHHH?!! OH YAH?!! WELL....WELL UHHHH WHO DO YOU THINK IS BETTER HUH??

YEAH?! U WANNA GO?!!

Who I rank higher than Andy is irrelevant in the discussion of Andy Reids coaching history, and discussion of the reason for a jump to 83% playoff win rate over 45% previously.

Nice non-answer. LMAO

So for the record you are too afraid to reveal the HC’s you rank higher than Andy.

You just want to shit all over Andy as part of your Reerun act.

Tap out acknowledged.

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsbundle of sticks88 (Post 17423917)
Nice non-answer. LMAO

Was it? Thanks.
So for the record you are too afraid to reveal the HC’s you rank higher than Andy.

Suuuuuure. I'm so afraid to reveal that list, that *gasp!* I've already posted it previously! Christ you're stupid lmmfgdao.

You just want to shit all over Andy as part of your Reerun act.

If discussing Andy's post season failures is shitting all over him, sure.

Tap out acknowledged.

You know, if you're not really resourceful and don't know how to search for what I posted, you could just simply ask for help.

Doubling down on the too scared? Hilarious.

So scared to post it that I've literally already posted it previously.

Yes.

FloridaMan88 03-01-2024 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17423959)
You know, if you're not really resourceful and don't know how to search for what I posted, you could just simply ask for help.

Doubling down on the too scared? Hilarious.

So scared to post it that I've literally already posted it previously.

Yes.

You didn’t post it in this thread and I am not searching through your entire Reeruned history of previous posts.

The fact you are clearly less than eager to share which HC’s you rank higher than Andy says it all.

You’ve tapped out, your surrender is acknowledged.

RunKC 03-01-2024 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17423889)
Roughly translated: He ran into the best qb in the universe in the playoffs 2 years in a row.

Why does Doug get a pass for that but not Andy?

Brady 3X, Warner 2X, Brees 2X, Rodgers

First ballot HOF’s

FloridaMan88 03-01-2024 11:44 AM

Fun fact… Bill Walsh was 6-19 before Joe Montana became his full time starting QB and won exactly zero career playoff games without Joe Montana or Steve Young… both in the HOF… as his QB.

Another fun fact… Joe Gibbs won two of his Super Bowls during strike shortened seasons.

And another fun fact… Vince Lombardi won exactly zero career postseason games without Bart Starr… in the HOF… as his QB.

Let’s see a certain Anti-Andy Reid Reerun try to defend those “random” fun facts.

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-01-2024 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17423778)

That's eh...interesting.

And then missed the playoffs entirely with Trevor Lawrence this last year.

The Nick Foles SB win over Tom Brady is looking more and more like a total fluke, and Doug Pederson looks very pedestrian, even with a star QB.

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17424009)
Why does Doug get a pass for that but not Andy?

Brady 3X, Warner 2X, Brees 2X, Rodgers

First ballot HOF’s

Was Doug favored to win?

kcgreene 03-01-2024 12:25 PM

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/LuFLcWzTDHEDo3qVSy" width="300" height="300" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/bird-effin-birds-effinbirds-LuFLcWzTDHEDo3qVSy"></a></p>

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/Qu7IwQIHS5rsZlxFjH" width="360" height="190" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/futurithmic-Qu7IwQIHS5rsZlxFjH"></a></p>

FloridaMan88 03-01-2024 12:34 PM

Doug Pederson is obviously a better HC than Vince Lombardi since Lombardi has zero postseason wins/championships without a HOF QB.

Signed, Reerun Crawler

Pepe Silvia 03-01-2024 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17424085)

The Nick Foles SB win over Tom Brady is looking more and more like a total fluke, and Doug Pederson looks very pedestrian, even with a star QB.

He's lucky the Eagles defense played out of their minds that year or the SB with Foles wouldn't have been possible. imo

tk13 03-01-2024 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17423354)
The Eagles should thank Andy for them winning a Super Bowl. Foles was drafted by Andy. Pederson was brought up under Andy.

Andy Reid even gave Rosman info to draft Jalen Hurts.

Andy never had his star QB and that’s the difference. This year more than proves that theory with how the offense played.

It goes deeper than that. Foles was burned out on football and was going to retire and Reid convinced him to give it one more ride as the backup in KC. Pretty sure Foles has said he wouldn't have stayed in football to win that SB if not for the year in KC because it made playing football fun for him again.

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 17424138)
He's lucky the Eagles defense played out of their minds that year or the SB with Foles wouldn't have been possible. imo

How about this past season?

Is Andy lucky Spags and the defense played out of their minds?

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsbundle of sticks88 (Post 17424030)
Fun fact… Bill Walsh was 6-19 before Joe Montana became his full time starting QB and won exactly zero career playoff games without Joe Montana or Steve Young… both in the HOF… as his QB.

Your point, please?

Another fun fact… Joe Gibbs won two of his Super Bowls during strike shortened seasons.

And? What? Is it your contention that if the season were longer, Gibbs wouldn't have made the playoffs? Were the playoffs shortened? Was it still a gauntlet of win or go home games?

Hey guys, Joe Gibbs sucks actually. Lmao. Yes.

And another fun fact… Vince Lombardi won exactly zero career postseason games without Bart Starr… in the HOF… as his QB.

Yeah Lombardi's ONLY contribution to the sport was his win/loss record. Now, the guy that got his name on that Superbowl Trophy....gosh what was that darn thing called.......

Let’s see a certain Anti-Andy Reid Reerun try to defend those “random” fun facts.

How about let's see you get a ****ing literate person to read what you're responding to, before I interact with you again.

Jesus Christ there you go with the anti-Andy shit.

Spoiler alert, you can address a coach's weaknesses without needing pure hatred to do so.

Well, maybe you and SNR and the other mouth breathers can't. But really. Discussion can be had on why his record is what it is, and how it drastically turned around, without some ulterior motive wanting him fired.

Hopefully you're just intentionally obtuse, but I'm more inclined to believe you're just a ****ing idiot.

Most points I've made have flown over your head and landed about 100 yards from you. You're a clown.

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17424085)

But what if......

Wait for it now.......

What if........

Doug Pederson had Patrick Mahomes? Would he have success?

Or are you really trying to compare Sunshine to the GOAT?

The entire point, which once again has eluded everyone, is that I firmly believe that Patrick Mahomes is so ****ing good, he would change the fortunes of ANY halfway competent offensive coach.

Andy: 45% win rate prior, 83% win rate after. It's not a ****ing coincidence, and Andy sure as hell didn't change his stripes.

FloridaMan88 03-01-2024 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17424183)
How about let's see you get a ****ing literate person to read what you're responding to, before I interact with you again.

Jesus Christ there you go with the anti-Andy shit.

Spoiler alert, you can address a coach's weaknesses without needing pure hatred to do so.

Well, maybe you and SNR and the other mouth breathers can't. But really. Discussion can be had on why his record is what it is, and how it drastically turned around, without some ulterior motive wanting him fired.

Hopefully you're just intentionally obtuse, but I'm more inclined to believe you're just a ****ing idiot.

Most points I've made have flown over your head and landed about 100 yards from you. You're a clown.

You are here criticizing Andy for not winning in the postseason without Mahomes as his QB… yet the HC’s you rank as the best of all time didn’t win in the postseason without HOF QB’s.

How many postseason wins does Lombardi and Walsh have without HOF QB’s?

Spoiler alert… Andy has more postseason wins without a HOF-caliber QB than those two… COMBINED.

And freaking Joe Gibbs beating up on replacement players during strike-shortened seasons… that impresses you?

LMAO

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-01-2024 01:05 PM

Quote:

Your point, please?
A. Bill Walsh was just as much of a loser, in fact MORE of a loser, without Joe Montana or Steve Young as Andy Reid was without Patrick Mahomes.

B. Bill Walsh is considered to be one of the greatest coaches of all time.

Therefore...

C. Andy Reid should also be considered one of the greatest coaches of all time.

And you can replace Bill Walsh with Belichick and Montana with Brady, or any Head Coach/QB Combo in there, and it pretty much comes out the same way.

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17424213)
A. Bill Walsh was just as much of a loser, in fact MORE of a loser, without Joe Montana or Steve Young as Andy Reid was without Patrick Mahomes.

B. Bill Walsh is considered to be one of the greatest coaches of all time.

Therefore...

C. Andy Reid should also be considered one of the greatest coaches of all time.

And you can replace Bill Walsh with Belichick and Montana with Brady, or any Head Coach/QB Combo in there, and it pretty much comes out the same way.

Do you believe Bill Walsh was considered one of the greatest coaches of all time simply because if his win loss record?

Hint: say no.

It's quite possible....and I'm just really reaching for whatever shit might stick to the wall on this one let me tell you, but I'm inclined to believe Walshs status is what it is because he created the west coast offense.

We saw what he was able to do with that kid picked in the 3rd round out of Notre Dame and the Superbowls, but Bill Walsh was more than a w/l record. He created his own offensive scheme and won 3 superbowls, one of which he absolutely humiliated Don Shula and Dan Marino with his dime defense, daring Shula to beat him with the run.

ThaVirus 03-01-2024 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 17424143)
It goes deeper than that. Foles was burned out on football and was going to retire and Reid convinced him to give it one more ride as the backup in KC. Pretty sure Foles has said he wouldn't have stayed in football to win that SB if not for the year in KC because it made playing football fun for him again.

Reid really is a QB whisperer

Pasta Little Brioni 03-01-2024 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17419292)
And yet, Bill Belichick managed to win 6 with Brady while doing absolutely **** all before and after Brady. He's a career turd without TB12. Unless you really do believe that Bill Belichick is some great coach, which at this point I wouldn't put past you.

Do keep in mind though, that absolute legend, this dynasty creator Bill Belichick, didn't get a coaching job for next sessin. That's how great that turd is.

As much as I'd love to know for sure you're right and experience a Marvel "What If?" scenario, it's irrelevant. Andy isn't going anywhere for 15s prime.

Why would he?

That would be dumber than surrendering one of your two challenges and a timeout on a ball spot beef in the first quarter of an AFC title game.

So who are the good coaches in the NFL?

Top 5?

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-01-2024 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17424234)
Do you believe Bill Walsh was considered one of the greatest coaches of all time simply because if his win loss record?

It's quite possible....and I'm just really reaching for whatever shit might stick to the wall on this one let me tell you, but I'm inclined to believe Walshs status is what it is because he created the west coast offense.

We saw what he was able to do with that kid picked in the 3rd round out of Notre Dame and the Superbowls, but Bill Walsh was more than a w/l record. He created his own offensive scheme and won 3 superbowls, one of which he absolutely humiliated Don Shula and Dan Marino with his dime defense, daring Shula to beat him with the run.

You're purposefully disregarding my point.

Bill Walsh did all of those things, yes. However, when Bill Walsh didn't have Montana or Young under center, he looked like a mediocre coach.

His QB's made him look good. He never would've won those Super Bowls and used his dime defense against the Dolphins without Joe Montana.

That's the point. Without the Hall of Fame QB, Bill Walsh is a pumpkin.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-01-2024 01:31 PM

Legendary QBs plus good coaches equals Dynastys. Great QBs plus mediocre coaches equal some one off wins. Good coaches plus mediocre QBs equal playoff losses.

Webcrawler why can't you simply understand this?

FloridaMan88 03-01-2024 01:33 PM

Quote:

Actually Paul Brown created the origins of the West Coast Offense… so you fail again.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-01-2024 01:36 PM

Quote:

You didn't answer the question. How was he without a HOF QB?

FloridaMan88 03-01-2024 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17424243)
So who are the good coaches in the NFL?

Top 5?

Reerun Crawler’s top three HC’s of all time are:

1) Vince Lombardi: Zero postseason wins without a HOF QB.

2) Bill Walsh: Zero postseason wins without a HOF QB.

3) Joe Gibbs: Won two of his Super Bowls in strike-shortened seasons vs replacement players.

LMAO

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17424248)
You're purposefully disregarding my point.

Pot, meet kettle.

That's the point. Without the Hall of Fame QB, Bill Walsh is a pumpkin.

What happened when I said Mahomes made Andy?

Rabid fanboy squee at the suggestion of such "blasphemy".

The clear point of contention here is that you, and the rest of the Stans, believe that those Eagles teams were not championship caliber teams, despite reaching 5vstraight NFCCG and being favored in 4 of them.

I disagree, and believe it took a Unicorn named Patrick Mahomes to overcome Andy's warts and get him some title wins.

He's had to be a superhero literally every time.

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsbundle of sticks88 (Post 17424274)
Reerun Crawler’s top three HC’s of all time are:

1) Vince Lombardi: Zero postseason wins without a HOF QB.

2) Bill Walsh: Zero postseason wins without a HOF QB.

3) Joe Gibbs: Won two of his Super Bowls in strike-shortened seasons vs replacement players.

LMAO

I see you have little chubby going for Joe Gibbs.

Who doesn't belong in that top 3?

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-01-2024 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17424284)
What happened when I said Mahomes made Andy?

Rabid fanboy squee at the suggestion of such "blasphemy".

The clear point of contention here is that you, and the rest of the Stans, believe that those Eagles teams were not championship caliber teams, despite reaching 5vstraight NFCCG and being favored in 4 of them.

I disagree, and believe it took a Unicorn named Patrick Mahomes to overcome Andy's warts and get him some title wins.

He's had to be a superhero literally every time.

We're not changing the subject.

How good of a coach is Walsh without Montana/Young? Noll without Bradshaw? Cowher without Roethlisberger? Sean Payton without Brees?

You've already admitted Belichick is a fraud without Brady. Now do it for the rest of them.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-01-2024 01:54 PM

Marvel comics suck fyi...

FloridaMan88 03-01-2024 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17424292)
I see you have little chubby going for Joe Gibbs.

Who doesn't belong in that top 3?

It’s more about who DOES belong in the top 3… Andy Reid.

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17424296)
Marvel comics suck fyi...

TsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssS!!

Sick burn.

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsbundle of sticks88 (Post 17424298)
It’s more about who DOES belong in the top 3… Andy Reid.

I'd like to hear more about just how bad Joe Gibbs was.

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17424295)
We're not changing the subject.

How good of a coach is Walsh without Montana/Young? Noll without Bradshaw? Cowher without Roethlisberger? Sean Payton without Brees?

You've already admitted Belichick is a fraud without Brady. Now do it for the rest of them.

You want me to say Andy is a fraud without Mahomes?

I wouldn't go so far as fraud, but definitely couldn't win the big one. Lot of pant shitting with those Eagles teams.

11-13 record. Is that good? Just so you know, im operating under the understanding that usually the larger number should be on the left for best results.

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-01-2024 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17424321)

I wouldn't go so far as fraud, but definitely couldn't win the big one. Lot of pant shitting with those Eagles teams.

11-13 record. Is that good? Just so you know, im operating under the understanding that usually the larger number should be on the left for best results.

Cool, as long as you understand that makes Andy Reid a Top 3 coach of all time, then we're all gravy.

FloridaMan88 03-01-2024 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17424312)
I'd like to hear more about just how bad Joe Gibbs was.

Two of his Super Bowl wins were in strike-shortened seasons.

And there is no need to debate that his success was the product of coaching in an era without a salary cap when you could win with an ultra-talented team around a non-elite QB.

Why is there no debate?

Because when he returned and coached in the salary cap-era his record was 31-36 and 1-2 in the playoffs.

Are you seriously arguing that Joe Gibbs was a better HC than Andy?

tredadda 03-01-2024 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17424030)

Don’t bring up those other coaches. It creates an awkwardness and something about statistical top five passer and Doug Pederson comparisons.

FloridaMan88 03-01-2024 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17424321)

Those 11 wins include more postseason wins with a non-HOF caliber QB than Lombardi + Walsh combined.

RealSNR 03-01-2024 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17423796)
Tapout accepted, I knew you wouldn't be in the discussion long. You rarely are.

Bye now.

Oh, this isn't goodbye. You wish it was goodbye. The only thing that's changed is I'm no longer buying your bullshit of "MY OPINION IS NUANCED AND U NO READ GOOD". You hate Andy. Plain and simple. I've given you plenty of chances to show otherwise, and you take each opportunity as another moment to keep talking like another braindead Eagles fan.

So that's what you get. Troll posts. If that's something you don't want in your CP experience, I strongly advise you put me on ignore.

Otherwise, pucker up bitch.

FloridaMan88 03-01-2024 05:51 PM

LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17290435)
Had Lombardi not died so early of cancer, I think he would have led the Redskins to similar success.

The guy is the GOAT and it his name on the trophy everyone is after.

1b is Walsh. Created his own offense down to perfection and won 3 superbowls with it.

Gibbs 3 titles with 3 different qbs is a massive achievement also.

It's strange how Lombardis massive success is just handwaved away. I guess it's similar to the MJ always considered the GOAT over a guy like Bill Russel that had double the championships.

Anyone picking Andy Reid over Lombardi, Walsh, or Gibbs is simply stricken with homer bias.

FloridaMan88 03-01-2024 05:53 PM

Reerun-Crawler is impressed that Bill Walsh won three Super Bowls with a HOF QB and Paul Brown’s offense.

Rain Man 03-01-2024 06:14 PM

Coaches like Lombardi, Walsh, Noll, Landry, and Gibbs were great coaches, of course, but there's a key difference.

Those guys more or less built one team and rode it to glory. Sure they had to make a few personnel changes over their era, but they built championship rosters and then tweaked them here and there each year.

In the free agency era, you're building a new team constantly. Andy hasn't won three Super Bowls with one team, he's won three Super Bowls with three teams in five years. (And screw that cheating brady guy for stealing one from us.) Who started all three Super Bowls for the Chiefs? Mahomes, Kelce, Chris Jones, Butker ... anyone else? Maybe Nnadi if not for the injury.

Vince Lombardi lined up Starr, Hornung, Taylor, Gregg, Kramer, Ringo, Thurston, Willie Davis, Hanner, Jordan, Nitschke, Dave Robinson, Willie Wood, Herb Adderley, and probably some others for a full decade.

tredadda 03-01-2024 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17424677)
Coaches like Lombardi, Walsh, Noll, Landry, and Gibbs were great coaches, of course, but there's a key difference.

Those guys more or less built one team and rode it to glory. Sure they had to make a few personnel changes over their era, but they built championship rosters and then tweaked them here and there each year.

In the free agency era, you're building a new team constantly. Andy hasn't won three Super Bowls with one team, he's won three Super Bowls with three teams in five years. (And screw that cheating brady guy for stealing one from us.) Who started all three Super Bowls for the Chiefs? Mahomes, Kelce, Chris Jones, Butker ... anyone else? Maybe Nnadi if not for the injury.

Vince Lombardi lined up Starr, Hornung, Taylor, Gregg, Kramer, Ringo, Thurston, Willie Davis, Hanner, Jordan, Nitschke, Dave Robinson, Willie Wood, Herb Adderley, and probably some others for a full decade.

Despite all that these legendary coaches (outside Gibbs) needed a HOF QB to win. It’s by no means an indictment on them, as you can still be a legendary coach, but without HOF QB their playoff records are anything but spectacular. That’s why the knock on Andy for what he did prior to Mahomes is silly. He’s probably one of the most successful of the “legends” when they didn’t have a HOF QB.

You bring up a great point about how they built their teams without having to worry about silly things like the salary cap or free agency.

Oh and Hardman, Winchester started all three SBs while Alegretti was on this team for three.

Pablo 03-01-2024 08:29 PM

I've read so many posts by Mahomes Magic and Wallcrawler today. ****ing christ why did I do that to myself...

Those two just make me think about the duality of man or something like that.

https://imgb.ifunny.co/images/861c91...48437d0b_1.jpg

Wallcrawler 03-02-2024 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsbundle of sticks88 (Post 17424657)
Reerun-Crawler is impressed that Bill Walsh won three Super Bowls with a HOF QB and Paul Brown’s offense.

Wow, you really are clinically reeruned. I don't want to laugh at you anymore. Like, we all make the reerun jokes and stuff because we know that it's fine, because nobody is actually reeruned.

I didn't know you actually were. I apologize.

I'll just go ahead and post a really cool NFL Films presentation on the topic, and then you won't have to post things that people will make fun of you for not knowing as a football fan.

https://youtu.be/X6mFQvZxX88?si=jGD3Kk9Kl5SgDMz2

FloridaMan88 03-02-2024 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17425067)
Wow, you really are clinically reeruned. I don't want to laugh at you anymore. Like, we all make the reerun jokes and stuff because we know that it's fine, because nobody is actually reeruned.

I'll just go ahead and post a really cool NFL Films presentation on the topic, and then you won't have to post things that people will make fun of you for not knowing as a football fan.

Andy Reid, an offensive innovator wins Super Bowls with a HOF-caliber QB and Reerun-Crawler attacks him for it.

Meanwhile Bill Walsh also an offensive innovator who wins Super Bowls with a HOF-caliber QB, gets sucked off by Reerun-Crawker as one of the best HC’s ever.

The only thing more hilarious about your Reeruned stupidity is how obviously clueless and unaware you are of it. LMAO

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-02-2024 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17425067)

I hope you know NFL Films is gonna make videos about Andy Reid's genius too.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-02-2024 10:54 AM

No one is winning a ****ing title with McNabb or Alex Smith

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-02-2024 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17425121)
No one is winning a ****ing title with McNabb or Alex Smith

"But muh statistical top 5 QB."

I've actually never seen anyone white knight McNabb so hard in my life, while at the same time nailing Andy Reid to the ****ing cross.

RealSNR 03-02-2024 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17425117)
I hope you know NFL Films is gonna make videos about Andy Reid's genius too.

Some Wallcrawler-type moron 50 years into the future:

"Andy Reid invented the West Coast offense!"

Pasta Little Brioni 03-02-2024 11:40 AM

Imagine winning 3 titles in 5 years and people STILL pitch about Chris Jones and Reid

CapsLockKey 03-02-2024 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17425125)
"But muh statistical top 5 QB."

I've actually never seen anyone white knight McNabb so hard in my life, while at the same time nailing Andy Reid to the ****ing cross.

Nevermind Reid also won games with guys like AJ Feely, Kevin Kolb, Koy Detmer, Matt Moore. Hell the ghost of Mike Vick had his best statistical passing years with Reid. He knows how to win with and coach up any QB.

It's just that if you are going to go all the way to a getting a SB you either need a top tier QB or a top tier defense. Those Niner, Cowboy and Patriot teams had both. To not recognize the scheme genius of Reid is shortsighted. Chad or Blaine could have thrown those corndog touchdowns.

Wallcrawler 03-02-2024 12:12 PM

Imagine holding the position of a coach being favored to win a football game, then mismanaging the football game and losing, but is absolved of any culpability because his qb wasn't a hall of famer.

Why does any coach without a hall of fame qb ever get fired I wonder?

It's obviously not their fault, winning is impossible without a HoF qb.

Andy lost an NFCCG in 2004 to the Carolina panthers.

Despite the table pounding that a HoF qb was required to defeat this team so Andy could get a superbowl berth, let's have a look at the quarterbacks that handed these legendary Panthers their 5 losses that season.

1. Steve McNair.

2. David Carr.

3. Quincy Carter

4. Doug Johnson

5. *drum roll*..

Donovan Mcnabb

What's this? Andy Reid defeated these legends with Donovan McNabb in November? But but but....but hooow?

Favored to win in the NFCCG but lost 14-3 to a team he had already defeated previously.

But it's all right. Andy needed a HoF qb to win a game he was favored to win over a team he'd already defeated without one, and that numerous other teams had done so as well.

Orrrrrrr....the guy just choked like he regularly did.

RealSNR 03-02-2024 12:17 PM

Do you know what the **** a paragraph is?

You don't have to type every sentence on its own line.

It's possible to string together multiple sentences into one idea or concept, and then add more of those ideas or concepts consisting of multiple sentences if you need to.

If you give each sentence its own line, you're just a rambling dickeater.

See how ****ing annoying this is?

Suck my dick.

Wallcrawler 03-02-2024 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapsLockKey (Post 17425194)
To not recognize the scheme genius of Reid is shortsighted. Chad or Blaine could have thrown those corndog touchdowns.

Heh.

After the game, we learned that now-former Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy noticed the play while watching film of the Eagles’ Week 4 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars, in which Jaguars’ head coach Doug Pederson called the play for two different Jacksonville touchdowns.

FloridaMan88 03-02-2024 12:20 PM

Reerun-Crawler, list the number of Super Bowls/championships that Lombardi and Walsh… your top two HC’s of all time… won without a HOF-caliber QB.

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-02-2024 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17425204)
Imagine holding the position of a coach being favored to win a football game, then mismanaging the football game and losing, but is absolved of any culpability because his qb wasn't a hall of famer.

Despite the table pounding that a HoF qb was required to defeat this team so Abdy could get a superbowl berth, let's have a look at the quarterbacks that handed these legendary Panthers their 5 losses that season.

1. Steve McNair.

2. David Carr.

3. Quincy Carter

4. Doug Johnson

5. *drum roll*..

Donovan Mcnabb

What's this? Andy Reid defeated these legends with Donovan McNabb in November? But but but....but hooow?

Favored to win in the NFCCG but lost 14-3 to a team he had already defeated previously.

But it's all right. Andy needed a HoF qb to win a game he was favored to win over a team he'd already defeated without one, and that numerous other teams had done it as well.

Sure.

Lmfao dude I think you might be the only person on this board that continues to bring up Andy's past failings.

You're alone. We've all moved on.

No one cares about the Philly losses. No one cares about the 4 TD lead to Indy anymore. No one cares about the Steeler 6 FG game. No one cares about the Mariotta TD to himself.

Yeah, they happened, but once you win not 1, but 3 Super Bowls, no one really cares about the past failings they got to that point. They just simply don't matter, dude. Ask anyone here, ask anyone you go to work with, ask like 99% of planet Earth, they'll all tell you you're a ****ing moron.

Cause you are. You're alone.

Wallcrawler 03-02-2024 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 17425210)
Do you know what the **** a paragraph is?

You don't have to type every sentence on its own line.

It's possible to string together multiple sentences into one idea or concept, and then add more of those ideas or concepts consisting of multiple sentences if you need to.

If you give each sentence its own line, you're just a rambling dickeater.

See how ****ing annoying this is?

Suck my dick.

You should look into ADD medication, you're off topic again.

You should also probably upgrade your verbal fencing repertoire from 4th grade playground level.

Yes, you'll likely lose your only friend, but there will be hope that your next 90k posts from grandma's basement will be taken seriously.

Haha. Nah. There's not really any hope of that but it would at least make them less insufferable to look at.

Enjoy your redass, the butthurt is strong in you.

CapsLockKey 03-02-2024 12:27 PM

Quote:

Despite the table pounding that a HoF qb was required to defeat this team so Andy could get a superbowl berth, let's have a look at the quarterbacks that handed these legendary Panthers their 5 losses that season.

1. Steve McNair.

2. David Carr.

3. Quincy Carter

4. Doug Johnson

5. *drum roll*..

Donovan Mcnabb

But it's all right. Andy needed a HoF qb to win a game he was favored to win over a team he'd already defeated without one, and that numerous other teams had done so as well.

You are right, McNabb choked a lot in big games. He literally threw up on the field in the SB.

Wallcrawler 03-02-2024 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17425222)
Lmfao dude I think you might be the only person on this board that continues to bring up Andy's past failings.

You're alone. We've all moved on.

No one cares about the Philly losses. No one cares about the 4 TD lead to Indy anymore. No one cares about the Steeler 6 FG game. No one cares about the Mariotta TD to himself.

Yeah, they happened, but once you win not 1, but 3 Super Bowls, no one really cares about the past failings they got to that point. They just simply don't matter, dude. Ask anyone here, ask anyone you go to work with, ask like 99% of planet Earth, they'll all tell you you're a ****ing moron.

Cause you are. You're alone.

Way to miss the point. You're really good at it.

My initial statement, which sandpapered the asses of the Andy Stans like yourself was along the lines of:

Shocking development: Best qb in the universe falls into notorious multi franchise playoff choker's lap and his post season fortunes drastically improve.

There's nothing false in that statement. Just reminders that Andy was a flaming hot L machine before he got football Jesus.

And for someone that doesn't care, about a point that "doesn't matter" you sure are fervently defending him in this thread.

philfree 03-02-2024 12:40 PM

Romper this BS?

CapsLockKey 03-02-2024 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17425233)

There's nothing false in that statement. Just reminders that Andy was a flaming hot L machine before he got football Jesus.

Inherited a 3 win Eagles team then takes them to 9 playoff appearances, 5 conference championships and a SB. Then inherited a 2 win Chiefs team and took them to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years with a retread Alex Smith and first playoff win in over 20 years. What a loser.

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-02-2024 01:13 PM

Quote:

Way to miss the point. You're really good at it.

My initial statement, which sandpapered the asses of the Andy Stans like yourself was along the lines of:

Shocking development: Beat qb in the universe falls into notorious multi franchise playoff choker's lap and his post season fortunes drastically improve.

And for someone that doesn't care, about a point that "doesn't matter" you sure are fervently defending him in this thread.

Flaming hot L machine = a more successful playoff coach without a hall of fame QB compared to Lombardi and Walsh without their hall of fame QBs

It doesn't bother me. You just have yet to acknowledge the counterargument.

FloridaMan88 03-02-2024 01:32 PM

Quote:

Shocking development: Beat qb in the universe falls into notorious multi franchise playoff choker's lap and his post season fortunes drastically improve.

Shocking development: You are a Reerunned fraud.

You don’t have a problem with the fact that Lombardi won zero postseason games without Bart Starr.

You don’t have a problem with the fact that Bill Walsh was 6-19 with zero postseason APPEARANCES without Montana/Young as his QB.

Yet you hold Andy to a different standard.

Explain.

tredadda 03-02-2024 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17425317)
Shocking development: You are a Reerunned fraud.

You don’t have a problem with the fact that Lombardi won zero postseason games without Bart Starr.

You don’t have a problem with the fact that Bill Walsh was 6-19 with zero postseason APPEARANCES without Montana/Young as his QB.

Yet you hold Andy to a different standard.

Explain.

What’s wild is that Andy has as many or more playoff wins WITHOUT a HOF QB than these HCs have in their career (HOF QB or not):

Dan Reeves (who had Elway)
Bill Parcells
Marc Levy (who had Kelly)
Bud Grant (who had Tarkenton)
Siefert (who had Young)
Walsh (who had Montana)
Payton (who had Brees)
Dungy (who had Manning)
Madden
Lombardi (who had Starr)

That’s just a few as I stopped listing. Point being that Andy is one of the greatest HCs of all time. He needed Mahomes to get him over the top (as is the case with almost all SB winning HCs), he did more with less than almost every HC in the history of the NFL.

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-02-2024 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17425348)
What’s wild is that Andy has as many or more playoff wins WITHOUT a HOF QB than these HCs have in their career (HOF QB or not):

Dan Reeves (who had Elway)
Bill Parcells
Marc Levy (who had Kelly)
Bud Grant (who had Tarkenton)
Siefert (who had Young)
Walsh (who had Montana)
Payton (who had Brees)
Dungy (who had Manning)
Madden
Lombardi (who had Starr)

That’s just a few as I stopped listing. Point being that Andy is one of the greatest HCs of all time. He needed Mahomes to get him over the top (as is the case with almost all SB winning HCs), he did more with less than almost every HC in the history of the NFL.

But the playoff chokes!!!
The losses where he was expected to win!!!
Anybody could win a Super Bowl with Mahomes!!!!

FloridaMan88 03-02-2024 02:58 PM

WallFaller finds it more impressive to not make the postseason at all without a HOF-caliber QB, than to make the playoffs with a lesser QB and supposedly “choke” (his description).

Because his beloved Lombardi/Bill Walsh had a combined ZERO postseason appearances without a HOF-caliber QB.

That impresses WallFaller.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-02-2024 03:01 PM

Quote:

1. Steve McNair.

2. David Carr.

3. Quincy Carter

4. Doug Johnson

5. *drum roll*..

Donovan Mcnabb

You dug your own grave by pointing out McNabb could only mustered 3 points and choked

FloridaMan88 03-02-2024 03:09 PM

Bill Walsh, as a favorite, chokes vs the Giants in the 1985 playoffs, only scoring 3 points WITH Joe Montana.

WallFaller: “Nothing to see here”.

Wallcrawler 03-02-2024 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsbundle of sticks88 (Post 17425454)
Bill Walsh, as a favorite, chokes vs the Giants in the 1985 playoffs, only scoring 3 points WITH Joe Montana.

WallFaller: “Nothing to see here”.

Many coaches lost games they were favored to win. (Nobody said it never happened. Again, limitless evidence of the importance of Reading skills. :)

Nobody did that shit more than Andy.

I am amused however at instead of discussing these gaffes, and the reasons for them, the Stans have devolved into essentially covering their ears and la la la'ing, shouting through tear streaked cheeks that they don't care about those.

It's hilarious. Like, does it cause some sort of physical pain to admit Andy was a playoff pant shitter pre-Mahomes?

So weird.

Since you're doing so great at researching stats and information, KCChiefsbundle of sticks88, why don't you find me any coach besides big red that blew massive leads in the playoffs twice.

I'm sure you'll dig something up. Right?