ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14170233)
I’ll say it: I’d rather take a WR or TE than a center

Well my options there were Irv Smith, Harry, Butler, or Brown(squared).

Irv Smith's out at that point, I think. And the other 4...well, I only had one pick and I think I'm inclined to just double down on the organizational capital we have already plowed into Hill and Watkins rather than simply look to layer them already.

That could be a bad decision. We shall see.

staylor26 03-20-2019 09:56 AM

Somebody should just pick for the Raiders.

Not to sound like a dick, but if you know you have a pick coming up very soon after you just made one, it shouldn’t take this long. If you’re going to be away for a while just send somebody your top 3-5.

TambaBerry 03-20-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14170220)
Might want to forget about Ferrell DJ. Unfortunately I think that guy is a borderline top 15 pick. Hard to see him being there at 20.

you take that back

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14170245)
Somebody should just pick for the Raiders.

Not to sound like a dick, but if you know you have a pick coming up very soon after you just made one, it shouldn’t take this long. If you’re going to be away for a while just send somebody your top 3-5.

He'd have probably fisted me again, so I'm glad he's sleeping in...

RunKC 03-20-2019 09:58 AM

Veach is so trading up. I just hope he doesn’t use a 2020 1st to do it.

Quote:

Kansas City Chiefs

Round 1 Pick: No. 29

The Kansas City Chiefs are slotted near the end of the draft's first night, but general manager Brett Veach is one of the league's most aggressive movers. Primed with pick Nos. 61 and 63 in the second round, plus an extra second-rounder in 2020, they're in great shape to move up for a premier pass-rusher.

How large a jump would be necessary to land someone like Brian Burns?

When the team moved up to get Patrick Mahomes II in 2017, it sent a third-round pick and future first-rounder to elevate from No. 27 to No. 10. Could Veach package No. 29, No. 93 and next year's first to get into a similar spot for a top-tier pass-rusher?

With four picks in the top 100 and the extra 2020 second-rounder, Kansas City has the ammo to do so.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e=other#slide3

The Franchise 03-20-2019 10:00 AM

Use our first? **** no. But I wouldn't be against using a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year if it's someone elite.

Watch this ****er trade up for Devin White.

O.city 03-20-2019 10:00 AM

You can't keep trading away first round picks. Especially when the team is about to get really expensive.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 10:00 AM

You don't give up two 1st and a 3rd for anyone that isn't a QB, IMO.

Not unless you're getting a truly blue-chip guy. If that could get you into that Allen/Williams/Bosa range then sure, consider it. But not for Burns. I like Burns a lot and think he's the top of the next tier of pass-rushers, but I'm not paying that much for him.

That's a ****ing TON.

O.city 03-20-2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14170254)
Use our first? **** no. But I wouldn't be against using a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year if it's someone elite.

Watch this ****er trade up for Devin White.

I just don't think that would be possible.

Someone is taking him in the top 5 I'd bet. At worst, he gets to, what, 7?

That's so damn far to go. It would cost probably all 6 of your next 1st and 2nd rounders to get there.

Hoover 03-20-2019 10:02 AM

Just give the Raiders the top rated Full Back and move on...

O.city 03-20-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170257)
You don't give up two 1st and a 3rd for anyone that isn't a QB, IMO.

Not unless you're getting a truly blue-chip guy. If that could get you into that Allen/Williams/Bosa range then sure, consider it. But not for Burns. I like Burns a lot and think he's the top of the next tier of pass-rushers, but I'm not paying that much for him.

That's a ****ing TON.

How much did it cost the Saints to go up for whats his face last year?

The Franchise 03-20-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170259)
I just don't think that would be possible.

Someone is taking him in the top 5 I'd bet. At worst, he gets to, what, 7?

That's so damn far to go. It would cost probably all 6 of your next 1st and 2nd rounders to get there.

Yeah....not expecting it.

My comfort level would be 15-20 for a guy like Ferrell.....as long as it doesn't cost a ton of draft picks.

The Franchise 03-20-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170263)

* Traded the No. 27 pick, a fifth-round pick (No. 147, obtained from Dolphins) and a 2019 first-round pick to Packers for the No. 14 pick (drafted DE Marcus Davenport).

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14170248)
Veach is so trading up. I just hope he doesn’t use a 2020 1st to do it.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e=other#slide3

He won’t. That’s why he got a future 2nd. He’s got the ammo, although I’d love to stay at 29 and just pick players the next two years with the 1, 2, 2, 3. Add serious impact talent the next two years and cost controlled talent at that.

O.city 03-20-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170263)

27 to 14 for Davenport cost this years first.

Man, **** that. Not for a pass rusher.

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 10:06 AM

I’d take AJ Brown over Bradbury. With the solid job Reiter filled in last year, I’d go WR over center.

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 10:06 AM

Watch a guy by the name of LJ Collier from TCU. He’s an intriguing pass rusher

O.city 03-20-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14170271)
I’d take AJ Brown over Bradbury. With the solid job Reiter filled in last year, I’d go WR over center.

Reiter sucked last year.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170278)
Reiter sucked last year.

Yeah, Reiter was not good, lads.

I'm not real sure where that narrative came from apart from the same folks that said "Hey, Jah Reid was pretty decent when he filled in for Fisher!" because he didn't trip over his feet every snap.

He wasn't even an average starting center. He proved himself quality depth and I guess a viable emergency starter if you just cannot do better, but that's a guy who you're looking to replace every single off-season if you're starting him.

I'd rather teach Wylie to snap than run for another season with Reiter. I wasn't terribly impressed by him at all.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14170268)
He won’t. That’s why he got a future 2nd. He’s got the ammo, although I’d love to stay at 29 and just pick players the next two years with the 1, 2, 2, 3. Add serious impact talent the next two years and cost controlled talent at that.

2nd round picks are rarely 'serious impact talent'.

Especially not in their first year.

I'd gladly part with one of the 2nds to get the right guy in the 1st.

O.city 03-20-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170283)
Yeah, Reiter was not good, lads.

I'm not real sure where that narrative came from apart from the same folks that said "Hey, Jah Reid was pretty decent when he filled in for Fisher!" because he didn't trip over his feet every snap.

He wasn't even an average starting center. He proved himself quality depth and I guess a viable emergency starter if you just cannot do better, but that's a guy who you're looking to replace every single off-season if you're starting him.

I'd rather teach Wylie to snap than run for another season with Reiter. I wasn't terribly impressed by him at all.

He wasn't total ass. I'll give him that and that alone seems to get fans to think "hey, he's not bad".

I get that you're gonna have to go cheap somewhere on this team and get production out of and maybe the interior OL is a place for that.

It's not where i'd do it, but that's just me.

O.city 03-20-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170286)

Those 2nds are so far back in the 2nd and you're gonna have to go so far up in the first to get someone i'm guessing you want, I don't know that it's possible.

The Franchise 03-20-2019 10:12 AM

Chiefs get:

Vikings 2019 1st round pick (#18)
Trae Waynes, CB

Vikings get:

Chiefs 2019 1st round pick (#29)
Chiefs 2019 5th round pick
Chiefs 2020 3rd round pick
Cameron Erving, OG

Yes? No?

Hoover 03-20-2019 10:12 AM

I think the value, especially in this draft, is to use all four of our draft picks in rounds 1-3. We need the depth and the influx of youth. And I don't think there is anyone in the bottom half of the first round that is a "must get."

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170286)

I’m just talking about not using 3 out of the 4 we have.

O.city 03-20-2019 10:13 AM

Really would have been nice to have that Dee Ford be the 9ers 2nd this year.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170287)
He wasn't total ass. I'll give him that and that alone seems to get fans to think "hey, he's not bad".

I get that you're gonna have to go cheap somewhere on this team and get production out of and maybe the interior OL is a place for that.

It's not where i'd do it, but that's just me.

I'd be willing to cut some corners at G, but C has too many assignment responsibilities and can be ganged up on way too easily. I think it's far easier to help out a G and a DL has to overshift/give away it's plan to really pick on one. Meanwhile you can attack a C from a pretty conventional formation and unless your G (on both sides) are smart as hell, it's pretty tough for them to help out.

Yeah, it may not be a bad idea to save some draft/cap capital on the interior OL, but C isn't where I'd choose to do it.

O.city 03-20-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14170291)
Chiefs get:

Trae Waynes, CB

Vikings get:

Cameron Erving, OG

Yes? No?

Waynes? Man, I don't think he's very good. Just grab a guy in the 2nd.

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 10:13 AM

Reiter graded out well according to PFF. It’s not the end all obviously but I think he’ll be fine.

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170295)
Really would have been nice to have that Dee Ford be the 9ers 2nd this year.

Hats what I wanted. I was pretty disappointed

O.city 03-20-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14170293)
I think the value, especially in this draft, is to use all four of our draft picks in rounds 1-3. We need the depth and the influx of youth. And I don't think there is anyone in the bottom half of the first round that is a "must get."

One could make the argument because of that, trade up and get someone worth it.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14170291)
Chiefs get:

Trae Waynes, CB

Vikings get:

Cameron Erving, OG

Yes? No?

Yep, no hesitation there at all. Erving can easily be replaced by Wylie and I don't think McKenzie is far off at all. They wouldn't take a chance sending him to the PS so they see something there.

I don't think that gets the Vikings attention though. They're giving up the better player and the better pick in that exchange and getting only a 5th plus the immediate equivalent of a 4th (a likely late one at that). That's a pretty poor return.

The Franchise 03-20-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170304)
Yep, no hesitation there at all. Erving can easily be replaced by Wylie and I don't think McKenzie is far off at all. They wouldn't take a chance sending him to the PS so they see something there.

I don't think that gets the Vikings attention though. They're giving up the better player and the better pick in that exchange and getting only a 5th plus the immediate equivalent of a 4th (a likely late one at that). That's a pretty poor return.

So then throw a 2nd or 3rd in from this year.

RunKC 03-20-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14170275)
Watch a guy by the name of LJ Collier from TCU. He’s an intriguing pass rusher

Uh I hate to tell you this but that guy is literally this years Breeland Speaks. It’s crazy how similar they are.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170302)
One could make the argument because of that, trade up and get someone worth it.

Exactly.

If the back half of the 1st is effectively a 2nd round caliber player, the 'best' use of the pick is to either trade back and get some piddly ass 4th round return for your efforts (and sacrifice the 5th year option) or trade up into true 1st round caliber player range.

I'd absolutely do the latter.

O.city 03-20-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170311)
Exactly.

If the back half of the 1st is effectively a 2nd round caliber player, the 'best' use of the pick is to either trade back and get some piddly ass 4th round return for your efforts (and sacrifice the 5th year option) or trade up into true 1st round caliber player range.

I'd absolutely do the latter.

It's probably gonna take your first from next year to get up that high. You wiling to do that?

Marco Polo 03-20-2019 10:28 AM

Sorry for the delay, I somehow missed the PM that was sent.

The Oakland Raiders select Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida.

Marco Polo 03-20-2019 10:30 AM

So with the Raiders three first round picks, they get:

1.4 Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
1.24 Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
1.27 Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida

It doesn't fix the defense but sure helps.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170313)
It's probably gonna take your first from next year to get up that high. You wiling to do that?

No it won't.

A 1 and one of our 2s should absolutely get you into the late teens.

I think that's right where the 1st round caliber talent drops. Now obviously you gotta find a willing partner via someone that either A) disagrees with you or B) values quantity over quality (as quantity has a quality of its own).

But I don't see a way to stack that board where there's simply not a real blue chip kinda guy sitting there in the late teens. It may not be a blue chip 'generational star' kind of player, but that's not a '1st round player', that's a top 5 player.

1st round just means a guy that's capable of starting immediately with the ceiling of an occasional pro-bowler in his best seasons, IMO. By that calculus Bradbury qualified as my last real 1st round caliber player left and that's why I took him.

But if you want that caliber player at a more premium position, I think you can still get that in the late teens, especially if the WRs go a little earlier than they've gone in this draft.

O.city 03-20-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170340)
No it won't.

A 1 and one of our 2s should absolutely get you into the late teens.

I think that's right where the 1st round caliber talent drops. Now obviously you gotta find a willing partner via someone that either A) disagrees with you or B) values quantity over quality (as quantity has a quality of its own).

But I don't see a way to stack that board where there's simply not a real blue chip kinda guy sitting there in the late teens. It may not be a blue chip 'generational star' kind of player, but that's not a '1st round player', that's a top 5 player.

1st round just means a guy that's capable of starting immediately with the ceiling of an occasional pro-bowler in his best seasons, IMO. By that calculus Bradbury qualified as my last real 1st round caliber player left and that's why I took him.

But if you want that caliber player at a more premium position, I think you can still get that in the late teens, especially if the WRs go a little earlier than they've gone in this draft.

It cost the Saints a 1 to go from 27 to 14. Don't think it would take next years Chiefs first to go from 29 to say, 17?

Our 2nds are both basically 3rds, i'm not sure.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170351)
It cost the Saints a 1 to go from 27 to 14. Don't think it would take next years Chiefs first to go from 29 to say, 17?

Our 2nds are both basically 3rds, i'm not sure.

The cost of each slot goes up drastically in the teens. Getting the 14 instead of say the 18 is MUCH more expensive than going from 27 to 29. That't the 'draft chart' equivalent of an extra 3rd round worth of value. Beyond that, next year's 1st has the theoretical value of this year's 2nd to begin with. Ours being a later second would be offset by the fact that we're getting a '3rd round pick' less in value returned even after accounting for the drop from 27 to 29.

It's 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other in terms of what the acquiring team gets. But if the acquiring team is looking for immediate depth, they're better served with the immediate 2nd.

And if they insist on next year's 1st I just keep calling the next guy until a deal comes together.

Sfeihc 03-20-2019 10:44 AM

Protect the MVP.

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 10:47 AM

You can protect him in round 2 or 3.

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 10:52 AM

PFF breakdown on Reiter:
268 snaps, 74.2 overall, 81.0 pass blocking, 68.8 run blocking.

3 total pressures (1 sack, 1 hit, 1 hurry), 0 penalties.

I still wouldn’t take Bradbury unless he’s truly BPA. I’m all for protecting the MVP, just not at the expense of the defense

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14170371)
You can protect him in round 2 or 3.

Expound.

Who's your guy then? And why is Bradbury + 2nd round WR obviously inferior to Brown + 2nd round C?

In the 2nd round you're probably looking at someone like Kelvin Harmon, Deebo Samuel, Emanuel Hall, Riley Ridley or maybe Parris Campbell (though I think his 40 keeps him out of there). I think Isabella is long gone by then, as are the aforementioned 4. At C I think you're looking at MAYBE Elgton Jenkins but more realistically Connor McGovern.

So why is, say, AJ Brown and Connor McGovern a clearly better duo than say Garrett Bradbury and Deebo Samuel?

I don't think it's readily apparent that it is? And if it isn't, shouldn't the larger amount of draft capital go to the position that's presently in worse shape?

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14170378)
PFF breakdown on Reiter:
268 snaps, 74.2 overall, 81.0 pass blocking, 68.8 run blocking.

3 total pressures (1 sack, 1 hit, 1 hurry), 0 penalties.

I still wouldn’t take Bradbury unless he’s truly BPA. I’m all for protecting the MVP, just not at the expense of the defense

In this draft, in this scenario, I think he truly is.

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170383)
Expound.

Who's your guy then? And why is Bradbury + 2nd round WR obviously inferior to Brown + 2nd round C?

In the 2nd round you're probably looking at someone like Kelvin Harmon, Deebo Samuel, Emanuel Hall, Riley Ridley or maybe Parris Campbell (though I think his 40 keeps him out of there). I think Isabella is long gone by then, as are the aforementioned 4. At C I think you're looking at MAYBE Elgton Jenkins but more realistically Connor McGovern.

So why is, say, AJ Brown and Connor McGovern a clearly better duo than say Garrett Bradbury and Deebo Samuel?

I don't think it's readily apparent that it is? And if it isn't, shouldn't the larger amount of draft capital go to the position that's presently in worse shape?

I haven’t gotten to OL yet in this draft. I just don’t want a first round center with so many holes on defense. You can get by with 2-5 round OL.

I’m just not a fan of first round OL in general. That’s the root of it for me.

htismaqe 03-20-2019 11:00 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DJ's left nut again.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14170391)
I haven’t gotten to OL yet in this draft. I just don’t want a first round center with so many holes on defense. You can get by with 2-5 round OL.

I’m just not a fan of first round OL in general. That’s the root of it for me.

But your answer was 1st round WR instead?

Well that doesn't make any sense...

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170394)
But your answer was 1st round WR instead?

Well that doesn't make any sense...

Because it’ll have more of an impact especially if Hill is cut and Watkins goes down which is inevitable. So it does make sense given they have a competent center to begin with.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14170396)
Because it’ll have more of an impact especially if Hill is cut and Watkins goes down which is inevitable. So it does make sense given they have a competent center to begin with.

Okay fine, but that's exclusive of your 'holes on the defense' point and again circles back to my first one - that I don't think you're clearly better off reversing the order to WR/C from C/WR. And I think you're more likely to find immediately playable talent at WR in the 2nd than you are at C in this particular draft.

But admittedly, that's all a wild-ass guess. Nobody expected JuJu to be a stud immediately, nor did they expect pro-bowl caliber play from Morse as a rookie.

I simply don't think you can dogmatically say "don't take a C in the 1st round" and that appears to be what you're doing, regardless of the talent of said C.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 11:07 AM

And God Dammit SNR, get your ass in here and make a pick so we can stop arguing over hands down the most boringest pick on this entire planet of Earth.

htismaqe 03-20-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170406)
And God Dammit SNR, get your ass in here and make a pick so we can stop arguing over hands down the most boringest pick on this entire planet of Earth.

ROFL

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170401)
Okay fine, but that's exclusive of your 'holes on the defense' point and again circles back to my first one - that I don't think you're clearly better off reversing the order to WR/C from C/WR. And I think you're more likely to find immediately playable talent at WR in the 2nd than you are at C in this particular draft.

But admittedly, that's all a wild-ass guess. Nobody expected JuJu to be a stud immediately, nor did they expect pro-bowl caliber play from Morse as a rookie.

I simply don't think you can dogmatically say "don't take a C in the 1st round" and that appears to be what you're doing, regardless of the talent of said C.

Admittedly, I don’t know the gap between Bradbury and the next center. This team has been pretty good at developing OL that aren’t first round picks. So I don’t want a first round OL. Would even much rather have Deionte Thompson roaming CF. I’m not sure how far he’ll fall into round 2. He’s a good rangey CF safety. Or you could go Taylor Rapp even to pair with honey badger. I just got home from work. I’ll go over the first round and see what’s left and where I’d have Bradbury. I’m not saying you’re wrong at all FYI. It’s just my preference.

The Franchise 03-20-2019 11:21 AM

People need to understand that's it not so easy drafting for the Chiefs in this thing. Everyone wants to take a shot at it....but it ****ing sucks when you're actually doing it.

Direckshun 03-20-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170060)
Guys, I hate to do this to any of you but he's the last genuinely standout talent left on the board regardless of position. I'd considered Simmons because he's probably the best pure talent but let's be honest - this organization is not going to take Simmons right now.

And there are a couple other guys I considered who I may discuss if/when they get taken. But ultimately they ended up in the same tier of pretty solid mid-second round prospects who probably aren't quite to the level of genuinely excellent possible players. They're guys I don't expect to have a shot at in the 2nd and would've taken in the 1st if I had to (would've tiered by need at that point), but they aren't truly standout on their own.

Bradbury is the best C prospect in this draft. And he's a guy that can develop an excellent rapport with our franchise QB for the next 5 years. He's a potential 1st year Pro Bowl player and there's nothing sexy about the pick, but it makes some sense given the depth at other critical positions.

C is getting damn expensive in FA now so the positional value is starting to come into play a little bit. And with more teams looking to push the middle of the pocket than ever, not to mention the necessity of the quick passing game, keeping guys from blowing up the center of your line is more critical than ever.

I would've literally hung my head and shuffled my feet as I made this pick. I don't like anything about doing it. But from a purely utilitarian standpoint, it is the pick to make.

I apologize to Chiefs nation and will go pour my bowl of anti-freeze now.

This is probably the strongest possible argument you could make for Bradbury.

STILL, I wouldn't touch him. He's a superb player but we have next to zero passrushing talent, we could use another linebacker, and we could use another corner or two. To say nothing of the fact that we need more receiving talent for when Sammy Watkins inevitably gets cut in 2020.

I think I would have been more upset if you had taken a QB. But not by much. This is a pretty lousy pick.

That being said, I'm sure you'd trade up if you could. But yeah, this just wasn't what the doctor ordered for this team with a hollowed-out defense.

Direckshun 03-20-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14170440)
People need to understand that's it not so easy drafting for the Chiefs in this thing. Everyone wants to take a shot at it....but it ****ing sucks when you're actually doing it.

Co-sign. And I drafted Cam Erving in the first round.

So I'll happily crap all over the Bradbury selection because I've earned my stripes to do so.

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

I’m not crushing anyone. It’s a ****ing discussion board. There’s going to be differences of opinions

The Franchise 03-20-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14170450)
I’m not crushing anyone. It’s a ****ing discussion board. There’s going to be differences of opinions

And no where in my post did I point you out. I simply stated my opinion on the matter.

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14170454)
And no where in my post did I point you out. I simply stated my opinion on the matter.

And I stated mine back. This is all in good fun. Of course it’s hard picking the right guy for KC. There’s so many directions this team can go in the first couple rounds

staylor26 03-20-2019 11:36 AM

Not the pick I would have made, but not a bad pick by any means.

kccrow 03-20-2019 12:18 PM

What in the mother of **** did I miss today holy shit...........

That's a hell of a way to get a better defense, draft a player you don't need on the wrong side of the ball.

CoMoChief 03-20-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14170585)

That's a hell of a way to get a better defense, draft a player you don't need on the wrong side of the ball.

stupid isn't it? Typical CP loving their fatties.

Mahomes still went 36TDs 10INTs 3600yds when Morse was sidelined after JAX game. And just so we're clear, Aaron Donald destroyed everyone last season.

I dont mind the Chiefs drafting a C, just not in the first rd when the Chiefs are in dire need of a D rebuild, when the team is starving for help at every level.

CoMoChief 03-20-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14170471)
Not the pick I would have made, but not a bad pick by any means.

I disagree...it was a shitty pick.

RealSNR 03-20-2019 12:38 PM

The Green Bay Packers select Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson

The Packers technically have a nose in Kenny Clark, but... eh, screw it. This guy's worth it. It's not like Kenny Clark is a cemented starter who can't handle moving in or out. BPA on their board, and it's not like the defense is sooooo good. The Packers can also move on from him easier after this season is up.

Hoover 03-20-2019 12:46 PM

With the 31st pick in the NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Rams select Greg Little, OT, Mississippi.

PM being sent

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14170585)

If we don't 'need' a center, then we don't 'need' a CB, DL or LB either. Because Austin Reiter is not better than any of our starting CBs. He's not better than Lucas/Sorensen. He's not better than Speaks/Okafor. He's not even obviously better than Wilson/O'Daniel.

He's just a warm body that didn't trip over his own feet...often. But beyond the mere need to protect Mahomes is that Reid's offense needs centers that can move in space. Reiter is objectively shitty at that; he's not very athletic at all. It makes him a lousy run blocker and as more teams get an understanding of that it will make him more and more prone to stunts/twists on the interior.

Reiter is no sort of long-term position at C. Center is absolutely just as big a short and long-term need as CB, S and DL, moreover the positional depth at ALL of those positions is significantly better than it is at C.

The easiest way to ensure that the offense that looks so indestructible now doesn't remain that way is to neglect it. That's how our shithouse defense became a shithouse defense. Because 4 years ago we didn't 'need' defenders so we didn't bother spending any draft capital on them and now that side of the ball is struggling for talent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14170632)
stupid isn't it? Typical CP loving their fatties.

Mahomes still went 36TDs 10INTs 3600yds when Morse was sidelined after JAX game. And just so we're clear, Aaron Donald destroyed everyone last season.

I dont mind the Chiefs drafting a C, just not in the first rd when the Chiefs are in dire need of a D rebuild, when the team is starving for help at every level.

Mahomes threw for 3,600 yards in 5 games, eh?

If you aren't even informed enough to know who was actually playing, then you don't merit further discussion.

Besides, everyone knows that the greatest compliment anyone can receive on this board is your scorn. The next time you're right about something will be the first.

O.city 03-20-2019 12:56 PM

Going into the draft with a "were drafting this no matter what" mindset is how you end up trading up for Breeland Speaks.

Don't do that.

kccrow 03-20-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170679)
If we don't 'need' a center, then we don't 'need' a CB, DL or LB either. Because Austin Reiter is not better than any of our starting CBs. He's not better than Lucas/Sorensen. He's not better than Speaks/Okafor. He's not even obviously better than Wilson/O'Daniel.

He's just a warm body that didn't trip over his own feet...often. But beyond the mere need to protect Mahomes is that Reid's offense needs centers that can move in space. Reiter is objectively shitty at that; he's not very athletic at all. It makes him a lousy run blocker and as more teams get an understanding of that it will make him more and more prone to stunts/twists on the interior.

Reiter is no sort of long-term position at C. Center is absolutely just as big a short and long-term need as CB, S and DL, moreover the positional depth at ALL of those positions is significantly better than it is at C.

The easiest way to ensure that the offense that looks so indestructible now doesn't remain that way is to neglect it. That's how our shithouse defense became a shithouse defense. Because 4 years ago we didn't 'need' defenders so we didn't bother spending any draft capital on them and now that side of the ball is struggling for talent.

Mahomes threw for 3,600 yards in 5 games, eh?

If you aren't even informed enough to know who was actually playing, then you don't merit further discussion.

Besides, everyone knows that the greatest compliment anyone can receive on this board is your scorn. The next time you're right about something will be the first.

All the hot air in the world won't give me a good feeling about that pick. There's a handful of other centers in this draft you could describe the same way and they won't cost a 1st round pick. I can't recall a Reid team ever using a 1st on a center either.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170683)
Going into the draft with a "were drafting this no matter what" mindset is how you end up trading up for Breeland Speaks.

Don't do that.

I just don't see how Reiter, a guy who was a 7th round pick who was then waived by 2 shitty teams before being picked up by the Chiefs, is suddenly this obvious slam-dunk long-term option on the strength of 4 games.

Watch the guy - his feet suck. That's a serious problem for what Reid wants to do with his lineman and his running game specifically. He is at best marginally more likely to be a viable starting-caliber option at C than Wilson is at Sam. And I think there's an excellent chance Wilson amounts to nothing at all. And at least if Wilson amounts to nothing at all, we don't get the foundation of the franchise hurt in the process.

He's a blue chip player on a draft board that was otherwise bereft of them at a position where the Chiefs presently have a question mark.

staylor26 03-20-2019 01:08 PM

kccrow you’re up back to back! Hurry I’m waiting :D

BossChief 03-20-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

I had fun doing it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12851861)
Mahomes was a +17
Williams was a +49
Douglas was a +5
Vanderdoes is a +44
-19 for Tim Williams
Mack Hollins was a +62
Joe Williams was a +95
Blair Brown was a +22

Cooper and Rehnkow didn't get picked

Rehnkow cost me -9
Cooper was a -36

Overall, my Chiefs draft was a +230

Bossreach, indeed.

O.city 03-20-2019 01:10 PM

I'm not in the draft, so if i'm clogging the thread I'll begrudgingly apologize and leave.

But, the deal with taking Bradburry there, is that DJ is making the case that he can get the best C in the draft, a player he views has all pro upside. If he takes a corner, or a safety, he's taking in his view the 4th or 5th rated one on his board.

Then later he can take a center that may be the 5th best one he has rated. Then you have the 5th rated CB and the 5th rated C vs the top C (who he sees as a blue chip prospect) and say his 6th rated CB. Now the CB thing isn't ideal, but if my staggered board has 6 and 3 CB not very different, then i'm not better off.

Maybe i'm way off in his thinking though.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14170693)
All the hot air in the world won't give me a good feeling about that pick. There's a handful of other centers in this draft you could describe the same way and they won't cost a 1st round pick. I can't recall a Reid team ever using a 1st on a center either.

'hot air'

As opposed to the veritable font of wisdom you clearly are.

And there aren't a handful of centers who will cost anything less than a 2nd round pick that can point to anything remotely resembling Bradbury's resume or potential.

And we know Reid's used a 1st round pick on a guard in the past. If he'll use one on a G, he'll use one on a C. He's already used a 2nd on one and that got all the usual suspects all pissy then as well.

kccrow 03-20-2019 01:16 PM

With the 32nd pick in the 2019 Draft, the New England Patriots select Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State

With Patrick Chung looking worse and worse on an annual basis, Bill can't pass on the draft's premier talent at the position.

kccrow 03-20-2019 01:21 PM

With the 33rd pick in the 2019 Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia

After letting Antoine Bethea and Tre Boston walk this offseason, the Cardinals have to start from scratch at safety so they run out and get the draft's most athletic playmaker.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14170710)
I had fun doing it.

In a draft I absolutely hated for the Broncos I got Ryan Ramczyk, who would be a dream pick for them, Jayon Brown in the 7th (who's a complete stud), Alex Anzalone and Chad Wheeler. Not much variety there; bookend tackles and a couple of good off-ball linebackers, but better than I thought it would be at the time. I really hated that draft.

My 49ers draft was better though; Lattimore, McCaffrey, Zay Jones, Kendall Beckwith and Julie'n Davenport. 3 starting caliber offensive players and 2 starting caliber defensive guys. Zay Jones is probably gonna nutter himself out of football though. Damn shame we can't do pre-draft interviews...

O.city 03-20-2019 01:25 PM

I wouldn't be upset with the Chiefs taking Thornhill in the first. Am I stupid?

kccrow 03-20-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170717)
'hot air'

As opposed to the veritable font of wisdom you clearly are.

And there aren't a handful of centers who will cost anything less than a 2nd round pick that can point to anything remotely resembling Bradbury's resume or potential.

And we know Reid's used a 1st round pick on a guard in the past. If he'll use one on a G, he'll use one on a C. He's already used a 2nd on one and that got all the usual suspects all pissy then as well.

I meant hot air as in you can't talk up that pick enough to make me find it less than ideal. I'd be okay with a Center as a 2nd round pick, but not a 1st round pick when this team is desperate for a playmaker anywhere on the defensive side of the ball. There were no less than 4 DBs I would have taken over a center there and I just took 2 of them.

kccrow 03-20-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170748)
I wouldn't be upset with the Chiefs taking Thornhill in the first. Am I stupid?

Not stupid in my book. He's a playmaker that can tackle and has outstanding physical attributes. He's better than Adderley in my eyes.