ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs We all know what happened. It’s on Mahomes. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318183)

ThePatriotWay 10-15-2018 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 13818830)
Nothing wrong with losing one game. You should know that given the Patriots can’t win unless at home. Mahomes loses to Brady in NE. Brady loses to Nick Foles on a neutral field. The Patriots are 0-2 on the road. How many more road losses do they get? Two? Three?

I never understand people like you that minimize your own team’s win by acting like your opponent isn’t any good. Seems counter productive.

Wait...the Patriots won 5 Superbowls AT HOME???

crazycoffey 10-15-2018 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixhex (Post 13817662)
The Patriots never punted. Not once.

They punted their first series

kcpasco 10-15-2018 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePatriotWay (Post 13818827)
A Chiefs fan just wished death upon me MULTIPLE times...because asshurt. ROFL Is that what awesome fans do? Oh wait, im talking to a fanbase who roots for woman beaters!

I’m not asshurt. That was a good game by two good teams. Now go take a walk in traffic.

Mecca 10-15-2018 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 13818838)
They punted their first series

They went on 4th and didn't get it...

ThePatriotWay 10-15-2018 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13818835)
You're being a douche....if you followed someone in life around doing what you're doing here you'd get your face knocked in. But you wouldn't do that because you know better, it's easy to act like a ****wad on the internet because nothing happens.

Im just having a good laugh at Kansas City's expense. And don't act like a few of your buddies on here didn't purposely instigate Pats fans on PP. Are Chiefs fans the only people allowed to do such things? ROFL

And i would no doubt troll you face to face. Am i supposed to be scared of you? LMAO

Chiefs=Champions 10-15-2018 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13818817)
Guys, I think rather than engaging the Patriots troll, we should use this as a teachable moment.

The Patriots have been the most successful franchise in the NFL for nearly two decades. One would think this would give their fans some sort of perspective, but alas. Rewind to the playoff game a couple years ago at Gillette. The Chiefs the perennial underdogs vs the mighty Patriots. The Chiefs predictably lose because, well, that's what we do (did), and the entire section filled with men, old women, and young children chants "fa**ot" on the way out. Was it a surprise to anyone that the Patriots won that game? Hell no, yet their fans acted like they had just slain their proverbial Goliath.

Exact same experience last night. Patriots fans as nasty as ever. Surprise! Classless fans.

But I think the lesson is that when Mahomes is guiding Chiefs to similar sorts of success, we don't need to be as pathetic as this individual is. We won't need to invade other teams' boards who we just beat by 3pts at home to proclaim our superiority. Because that would seem awfully pathetic. All of those titles didn't bring you some peace of mind in your life and you still need to resort to this childish behavior? Sad.

Let's thank PatriotWay for showing us the well-lit path forward.

Oh I agree to an extent. Id never do what he does - mostly because I have a life. But the guy comes and acts like he has something to brag about. We all know the kind of guy this is. Not much going on his life apart from his sports teams. This is all he has going for him, you can tell by the vitriol and the amount of time he's spent on here. Not to mention the verbiage he uses. LMAO

ThePatriotWay 10-15-2018 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 13818840)
I’m not asshurt. That was a good game by two good teams. Now go take a walk in traffic.

You're beyond asshurt. You're probably trashing your mom's basement as we speak. ROFL

Mecca 10-15-2018 06:10 AM

Apparently Boston is a horrible place to live because everyone from there is a ****head eh?

Sofa King 10-15-2018 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13817980)
ROFL

You have a 23 year old kid in the biggest game of his career against the GOAT QB and HC of all time. He made a couple of mistakes and bounced back to take the lead.

I think your expectations are a little out of control. I feel sorry for your kids.

Why would you feel sorry for my kids? Is it the end of the world that I feel the game could have been “won” if he made any one of the 3 wide open plays he missed?

Chill out man.

notorious 10-15-2018 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13818851)
Apparently Boston is a horrible place to live because everyone from there is a ****head eh?

Only place on earth where their fans are angry to the core even though their team wins.

Self-worth is also directly tied to their team’s success.

Sad, really.

mr. tegu 10-15-2018 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePatriotWay (Post 13818837)
Wait...the Patriots won 5 Superbowls AT HOME???

The standard go to for Patriots fans filled with anxiety about seeing their last chance with Brady fizzle out against Foles.

Sassy Squatch 10-15-2018 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13818851)

He lives in Nebraska.

Chiefnj2 10-15-2018 06:15 AM

Mahomes hasn't been as sharp as he was early in the year. Defenses are slowly figuring out what makes him uncomfortable and they are going to keep increasing those types of plays. In the pocket with pressure he tends to get sloppy.

He made some nice plays last night, but Tyreek bailed him out on two huge plays.

Mecca 10-15-2018 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13818855)
Only place on earth where their fans are angry to the core even though their team wins.

Self-worth is also directly tied to their team’s success.

Sad, really.

All of their teams win, they have seen at least 1 championship in every sport in the last decade...all of them but the NHL team have more than 1...yet they are constantly pissed.

Must be a fun life there.

Marcellus 10-15-2018 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePatriotWay (Post 13818768)
Anymore excuses, ladies? Maybe if you weren't handed 21 free points by our defense, you wouldn't have even had a chance at the end. ROFL.

Pats are just getting warmed up!!

Free points?

Mecca 10-15-2018 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13818862)
He lives in Nebraska.

Oh a front runner jackass, nevermind.

notorious 10-15-2018 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13818864)
Mahomes hasn't been as sharp as he was early in the year. Defenses are slowly figuring out what makes him uncomfortable and they are going to keep increasing those types of plays. In the pocket with pressure he tends to get sloppy.

He made some nice plays last night, but Tyreek bailed him out on two huge plays.

Yep.

It was obvious. He will be fine, but people need to stop lying to themselves.

Marcellus 10-15-2018 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13818868)
Yep.

It was obvious. He will be fine, but people need to stop lying to themselves.

Lying to themselves about what? Mahomes wasn't going to simply keep up his early pace but people are acting like he played poorly. He didn't.

He made a couple mistakes and missed a couple throws and still threw for 350 and 4 TD's and drove the team for the tying points on his last drive.

He also made some amazing throws again.

I think the people being negative are the ones acting ridiculous.

KCUnited 10-15-2018 06:22 AM

Just couldn't give us a big enough lead in the 4th quarter.

Coochie liquor 10-15-2018 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13817666)
Definitely.

The good news is this is his 7th start as an NFL QB. Those mistakes will start to fade away.

In any case, I'm okay if this is how we had to get our first loss. Riddled with injuries (including two guys on the OL) on the road against Belicheat just as that team is finding their stride. He got his mistakes out early, and did a ****ing amazing job mounting an attempted comeback.

Much better than putting up a WTF? kind of loss to the Raiders or some shit like that.

6-1 in his first 7 starts and 5 games have been on the road!

notorious 10-15-2018 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13818878)
Lying to themselves about what? Mahomes wasn't going to simply keep up his early pace but people are acting like he played poorly. He didn't.

He made a couple mistakes and missed a couple throws and still threw for 350 and 4 TD's and drove the team for the tying points on his last drive.

He also made some amazing throws again.

I think the people being negative are the ones acting ridiculous.

He played good, but the INTs and missed guys were egregious.

It’s okay. Great QBs make mistakes. He will be fine.

This is a first year starter, no shame in that.

jaa1025 10-15-2018 06:27 AM

The last person I'm putting this L on is Mahomes and this offense. You should win going away when you score 40 points. How many times did the Patriots punt? ZERO. This was squarely on the shoulders of Bob Sutton, the shitty defensive coaching staff and the players.

Sassy Squatch 10-15-2018 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13818885)
He played good, but the INTs and missed guys were egregious.

It’s okay. Great QBs make mistakes. He will be fine.

This is a first year starter, no shame in that.

Hopefully his habit of starting games extremely wound up goes away before the playoffs.

Sofa King 10-15-2018 06:34 AM

Only 2 neg reps is all I got and from 2 mostly anonymous users. Strange. I expected much more rage.

Best22 10-15-2018 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13818737)
Good for you. You seem to be slightly reeruned so that would explain it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13818817)
Guys, I think rather than engaging the Patriots troll, we should use this as a teachable moment.

The Patriots have been the most successful franchise in the NFL for nearly two decades. One would think this would give their fans some sort of perspective, but alas. Rewind to the playoff game a couple years ago at Gillette. The Chiefs the perennial underdogs vs the mighty Patriots. The Chiefs predictably lose because, well, that's what we do (did), and the entire section filled with men, old women, and young children chants "fa**ot" on the way out. Was it a surprise to anyone that the Patriots won that game? Hell no, yet their fans acted like they had just slain their proverbial Goliath.

Exact same experience last night. Patriots fans as nasty as ever. Surprise! Classless fans.

But I think the lesson is that when Mahomes is guiding Chiefs to similar sorts of success, we don't need to be as pathetic as this individual is. We won't need to invade other teams' boards who we just beat by 3pts at home to proclaim our superiority. Because that would seem awfully pathetic. All of those titles didn't bring you some peace of mind in your life and you still need to resort to this childish behavior? Sad.

Let's thank PatriotWay for showing us the well-lit path forward.

Some sports fans (despite cheering for hugely successful teams) get real mad when their team loses. If I was a Pats fan I'd be pretty chill because of 5 rings. But some fans are different, and some are inconsolable for weeks after a 41-33 loss to Philly.

As for KC, if we win, we'll naturally attract a huge bandwagon. Already, KC is more popular than ever, and it's because of Mahomes. Bandwagon is coming and we gotta just enjoy it. Yes, some of the fans are gonna be real dumb, too

DRM08 10-15-2018 06:42 AM

Hopefully he will learn from the mistakes. He pretty much has to play perfect because of the Chiefs horrible defense. He did that against the Steelers and he will need to do that again to win these kind of shootouts.

007 10-15-2018 06:51 AM

This thread is hilarious. In the colts game it was supposedly unfair to place any blame on the offense in that loss. Now people want to blame mahomes and the offense for dropping 40 on new England in New England. Both losses were team losses. This loss is much easier to swallow.

GayFrogs 10-15-2018 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePatriotWay (Post 13818775)
9 points in the first half lol....you were handed 21 free points in the 2nd half, beavis.

Math is hard

jjchieffan 10-15-2018 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13817641)
Mahomes scored 40 points. Mahomes has no blame. Zero. It's on the defense and the referees.

I don't know about that. I'm definitely mad at the defense for giving up 43 points, including the big pass to Gronk that put them in position to win. But we can't hold Mahomes completely blameless when the threw a pick in the end zone, another pick that setup the Pats with first and goal, and he missed easy throws for TD's in the first quarter. Yes, he did his part to battle back. I give him credit for that. But, too be fair, if you're going to absolve him because he battled back, wouldn't you also have to absolve the defense for forcing a turnover and for holding the Pats to field goals, which allowed the offense to catch up?

WhiteWhale 10-15-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePatriotWay (Post 13818845)
Im just having a good laugh at Kansas City's expense. And don't act like a few of your buddies on here didn't purposely instigate Pats fans on PP. Are Chiefs fans the only people allowed to do such things? ROFL

And i would no doubt troll you face to face. Am i supposed to be scared of you? LMAO

Eh. At least they were talking before the game.

Only bundle of stickss sit in silence beforehand and then talk afterwards. So it's okay. I smell your weakness. This win by a football team was really important to your personal self worth.

Some kind of compensation for the unfortunate micro penis and avocado complexion you were born with.

WhiteWhale 10-15-2018 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13818866)
All of their teams win, they have seen at least 1 championship in every sport in the last decade...all of them but the NHL team have more than 1...yet they are constantly pissed.

Must be a fun life there.

You'd be pissed off constantly too if your micro penis retracted inside of you when it was flaccid.

Danguardace 10-15-2018 07:17 AM

Win as a team lose as a Team.

This is the weirdest feeling I've had from a loss though

WhiteWhale 10-15-2018 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 13818989)
Win as a team lose as a Team.

This is the weirdest feeling I've had from a loss though

I just don't really care.

KC lost by 3 points to the pats in Foxboro. They're now 5-1.

This wasn't like KC losing to Pittsburgh last year when it was obvious Alex Smith was exposed. This did nothing to shake my confidence in KC or Mahomes.

I honestly thought KC would need 50 points to win. The least surprising thing of the night was the defense giving up 43 points. I'm surprised Gronk didn't have 200+ yards with the favorable match ups he had all night.

Molitoth 10-15-2018 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 13818907)
Only 2 neg reps is all I got and from 2 mostly anonymous users. Strange. I expected much more rage.

At half time I had the blame on Mahomes as well...

but as soon as the offense TOOK THE LEAD, I forgot about it.

No QB is perfect. Tom Brady stood in the pocket for like 10 seconds and got strip sacked... and only idiots would have pinned the loss on him if the Pats were to lose.

The Pats/Brady got their shit pushed in by the LIONS for a full game. We are fortunate that Mahomes (at 23) has only had a bad HALF... and still rallied to the lead.

Buehler445 10-15-2018 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 13818758)
The guy who's life sucks so much he spends all his time on opposition message boards "owning" is back to make us feel bad LMAO . The only thing he does is make us feel bad for laughing so hard at how pathetic his life is LMAO

Only after a win. What a twat. If he was just a douche he would have been here before the game.

At least the Donk and Faid trolls are committed.

Molitoth 10-15-2018 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13819003)
Only after a win. What a twat. If he was just a douche he would have been here before the game.

At least the Donk and Faid trolls are committed.

Oh, he was... there have been 3-4 Pats fans here all week going full KnowMo on us.

Buehler445 10-15-2018 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13819007)
Oh, he was... there have been 3-4 Pats fans here all week going full KnowMo on us.

LOL

I will take solace in my successful avoidance of said douche

mdchiefsfan 10-15-2018 07:32 AM

I’m really not upset with this loss. That was, without a doubt, the worst performance this team has shown to date. They still scored 30 and had the game tied in NE with seconds left on the clock. A play or two more in favor of the Chiefs, and they would’ve walked out 6-0. The amount of room for improvement is tremendous, and they still scored 40.

DRM08 10-15-2018 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13818994)
I just don't really care.

KC lost by 3 points to the pats in Foxboro. They're now 5-1.

This wasn't like KC losing to Pittsburgh last year when it was obvious Alex Smith was exposed. This did nothing to shake my confidence in KC or Mahomes.

I honestly thought KC would need 50 points to win. The least surprising thing of the night was the defense giving up 43 points. I'm surprised Gronk didn't have 200+ yards with the favorable match ups he had all night.

Defense gave up 36. Mahomes gave up 7 on the first INT. Brady also gave up 7 with his fumble deep in Patriots territory, so those turnovers were equally damaging to the two teams.

Mahomes’ second INT in Patriots end zone was the difference in the game. Cost the Chiefs 3 points. Hopefully he will learn from it. Gotta protect the ball in the Red Zone.

Marcellus 10-15-2018 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 13819013)
I’m really not upset with this loss. That was, without a doubt, the worst performance this team has shown to date. They still scored 30 and had the game tied in NE with seconds left on the clock. A play or two more in favor of the Chiefs, and they would’ve walked out 6-0. The amount of room for improvement is tremendous, and they still scored 40.

Yup. Defense needs to make a stop in the second half.

FringeNC 10-15-2018 07:52 AM

Of course we know what happened. Same thing that happened in our recent playoff loses - we can't even force teams to punt. Our D simply cannot get off the field.

To win the SB is going to take damn near perfect offensive execution for 3-4 games in a row. Possible, but unlikely.

Marcellus 10-15-2018 07:55 AM

Such a strange game overall. Speaks showed some promise and was frustrating at the same time. Why he let go of Brady is just mind bending. That was a 4 point swing.

Thats the game folks.

King_Chief_Fan 10-15-2018 08:04 AM

A 23 yr old playing his 6th game in the NFL, on the biggest stage (sunday night football vs. Patriots) did better than one could expect. He didnt lose this game by himself.
He learned a few things that will make him better.
He is smart, talented and humble.
He is going to tear the NFL up for several years. I think the other teams will be very jealous.

RedRaider56 10-15-2018 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13819063)
Such a strange game overall. Speaks showed some promise and was frustrating at the same time. Why he let go of Brady is just mind bending. That was a 4 point swing.

Thats the game folks.

Saw an article where Speaks let him go, because he thought Brady had thrown the ball already and didn't want to take a roughing call. Said he'll not make that mistake again

DRM08 10-15-2018 08:09 AM

Quote:

Thats the game folks.

Chiefs defense got penalized on that play. Patriots would have been 1st and goal.

Marcellus 10-15-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 13819090)
Chiefs defense got penalized on that play. Patriots would have been 1st and goal.

Was there a holding call on that play?

RunKC 10-15-2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Thats the game folks.

This explains why.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Another consequence of the roughing the passer rule <a href="https://t.co/DP9sX393Ts">https://t.co/DP9sX393Ts</a></p>&mdash; SB Nation (@SBNation) <a href="https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/1051805135163150336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 15, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Red Dawg 10-15-2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Thats the game folks.

We were flagged for holding on that play.
Didn't matter they would have had the ball at the one.

DRM08 10-15-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13819096)
Was there a holding call on that play?

Yep on the secondary I think.

RunKC 10-15-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 13819044)
Defense gave up 36. Mahomes gave up 7 on the first INT. Brady also gave up 7 with his fumble deep in Patriots territory, so those turnovers were equally damaging to the two teams.

Mahomes’ second INT in Patriots end zone was the difference in the game. Cost the Chiefs 3 points. Hopefully he will learn from it. Gotta protect the ball in the Red Zone.

I think if Mahomes wasn’t amped and hit Kareem for that TD he missed on the opening drive, the offense doesn’t struggle and we roll them.

Ming the Merciless 10-15-2018 08:22 AM

Nerves got to him early, but he bounced back. This was a great experience for him...

Can you imagine if we ever actually field a defense?

Chris Meck 10-15-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13819113)
Nerves got to him early, but he bounced back. This was a great experience for him...

Can you imagine if we ever actually field a defense?

THIS

Boon 10-15-2018 08:24 AM

We made mistakes, but this.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6197143-v...partners/44566

MahiMike 10-15-2018 08:26 AM

He's still a kid. The moment was too big. He had 2 double bogeys and shot a 44 on the front 9. But he collected himself like a future HOF does and laid down a 30 on the back 9.

Just got beat by 1 stroke.

DRM08 10-15-2018 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boon (Post 13819118)

They have a statue QB and never get called for holding. It’s pretty amazing.

Best22 10-15-2018 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 13819119)
He's still a kid. The moment was too big. He had 2 double bogeys and shot a 44 on the front 9. But he collected himself like a future HOF does and laid down a 30 on the back 9.

Just got beat by 1 stroke.

How was the moment "too big?"

He had a career high in passing yards, scored 4 touchdowns, and came back from a 15 point deficit on the road.

All on the road against the most successful franchise in the modern NFL.

Hell, Brady missed some passes early as well (first drive Gordon had his man beat easy)

DRM08 10-15-2018 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13819124)

He had a career high in passing yards, scored 4 touchdowns, and came back from a 15 point deficit on the road.

Hell, Brady missed some passes early as well (first drive Gordon had his man beat easy)

Brady also had a fumble in 3rd quarter deep in Patriots territory. Held the ball for about 8 seconds. That fumble made the game closer than it should have been. Gave 7 to the Chiefs when they needed it.

Sassy Squatch 10-15-2018 08:34 AM

Quote:

Dude. It's not going to hurt you to admit that Mahomes was less than stellar in the 1st half. The important fact is that he fought back and more than made up for it.

Halfcan 10-15-2018 08:37 AM

We should have blown these guys out.

Mahomes missed 2 TD's in the first quarter= 14 points
The interception set up easy TD = 7 points
2nd INT at least 3 points = 3 points
Breelands **** up = 4 points

At least 28 points handed to the Pats. And the Refs were absolutely on the take- pathetic. No doubt rigged bullshit. Zero penalties- ****ing joke.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-15-2018 08:39 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs had the ball just over ten minutes in the second half and scored 31 points. Read my breakdown later on the <a href="https://twitter.com/TheAthletic?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TheAthletic</a></p>&mdash; Michael Lombardi (@mlombardiNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/1051843738740449287?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 15, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Marcellus 10-15-2018 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13819139)
We should have blown these guys out.

Mahomes missed 2 TD's in the first quarter= 14 points
The interception set up easy TD

8 point difference. We kicked FGs.

Best22 10-15-2018 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13819134)
Dude. It's not going to hurt you to admit that Mahomes was less than stellar in the 1st half. The important fact is that he fought back and more than made up for it.

What does that have to do with the "stage being too big"?

When Denver held Rodgers to 77 yards passsing in 2015, was the stage "too big" for Rodgers?

People are making a false narrative. Mahomes wasn't perfect, but his mistakes weren't because he was "afraid"

TF outta here with that sh*t

Halfcan 10-15-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Huge game verse the Pats on the road- Mahomes was putting just a little too much on the ball. He has a bionic arm. It was not like he was way off - only missed by inches on a couple of key plays.

thegame214 10-15-2018 08:44 AM

23 yr old QB lays 40 in foxboro and this is the top headline lmao

Only chiefsplanet

Sassy Squatch 10-15-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13819146)

When Denver held Rodgers to 77 yards passsing in 2015, was the stage "too big" for Rodgers?

People are making a false narrative. Mahomes wasn't perfect, but his mistakes weren't because he was "afraid"

Being afraid wasn't his problem. He is way too amped up at the start of some games.

Marcellus 10-15-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13819159)
Huge game verse the Pats on the road- Mahomes was putting just a little too much on the ball. He has a bionic arm. It was not like he was way off - only missed by inches on a couple of key plays.

And he laid it in there on 2 huge plays.

Dude averaged 9.4yards per attempt. LMAO

Halfcan 10-15-2018 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13819145)
8 point difference. We kicked FGs.

True- forgot about the Buttkicker field goals.

We should have won the game by a landslide if we played our A game- instead, the cheating ****ing Pats steal one.

I really hate these guys- they absolutely get everything their way-from easy schedules to plenty of rest before big games.

They are frauds.

DRM08 10-15-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13819146)

Too amped up. All of these games are new experiences for him. First time on MNF against Denver. First time on SNF against Boston. Both road games too. Hopefully he will be more calm in these type of games as he continues to get more experience.

Halfcan 10-15-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13819172)
And he laid it in there on 2 huge plays.

Dude averaged 9.4yards per attempt. LMAO

:clap:

Oh, I am not down on Mahomes at all- he had an excellent overall game and showed his greatness setting us up for the win.

Unfortunately, we have the worst defense and coordinator of all time and choked away the lead. This team can't close out games. Sutton is incapable of closing out games- Ever!

notorious 10-15-2018 09:16 AM

The script has flipped.

The first 3 years the defense had to play flawlessly for the team to win.

Now everything has piled onto the offense’s shoulders. Mahomes has to be damn near perfect the entire game to win.

ToxSocks 10-15-2018 09:42 AM

Mahomes has been so great in his first 6 games as a starter that 350+ yards, 4TD's and a 110QBR just isn't good enough LMAO

He's not going to make literally every single play guys.

He's only played 6 games!

Halfcan 10-15-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13819355)
Mahomes has been so great in his first 6 games as a starter that 350+ yards, 4TD's and a 110QBR just isn't good enough LMAO

:clap:

Mahomes was absolutely brilliant in the second half. He set us up for the win with another huge 4th quarter comeback. This loss is Not on him.

This one was all on the defense.

Marcellus 10-15-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13819355)

7 games, but yes the whole "This is on Mahomes" narrative is insane.

Had it not been for Mahomes we wouldn't have had a lead in the 3rd quarter either.

The defense flat lost this game, the offense putting up 40 should win 100% of the time.

Chiefspants 10-15-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13819253)
The script has flipped.

The first 3 years the defense had to play flawlessly for the team to win.

Now everything has piled onto the offense’s shoulders. Mahomes has to be damn near perfect the entire game to win.

This is exactly it. We went from Marty to Vermeil in the span of 2 seasons.

In past seasons, the rest of the team would have to play perfectly for our QB to win against elite competition.

Now, our QB has to play perfectly for our team to beat elite competition.

Saying "it's on Mahomes", assumes that our gameplan for Foxboro should be to pray that we put up 50 points. I don't care if you have Tom Brady, that formula is not a winning formula.

For proof, that "let's hope our QB can score 50" script is what Green Bay has been following since 2011. It leads to a lot of regular season wins, but it's very, very hard to ask even an ELITE QB to play to perfection in every game they play in January.

tooge 10-15-2018 10:00 AM

Well, Chiefs should have had a pick also. D back dropped an easy pick on a deep ball Brady threw. I thought Mahomes played pretty damned well for a guy in his 7th game ever in the NFL, on the road, in Foxboro, in primetime. In fact, I'd take 4TD's and 2 ints every game. If the damned D could force a punt once in a while, those numbers would be just fine

FAX 10-15-2018 10:04 AM

I think it's fair to say that Mahomes has begun to display a tendency to play like a rookie in the first half of games. I'm not saying it's a pattern, but we've seen it a few times (the donk game and this one come to mind). He's missed some early game TDs this year ... quite a few of them, as a matter of fact ... by inches. Overthrows, for the most part.

Still, when you score 40 points on the road, you expect a victory.

I take solace in the knowledge that, if Wally is speaking truthfully about Mahomes' ability to avoid making the "same mistake twice", we should be glad those picks happened because they'll never happen again.

FAX

Red Dawg 10-15-2018 10:15 AM

Can't blame the QB when he dropped 40. 4 tds in the second half should be enough. We left 7 points out there that we should have had. Maybe if the refs called a fair game we would have won as well. No flags on the cheatriots sealed our fate. They committed numserous Pi's and holding but no calls. Rigged game so Brady isn't 3-3.

mnchiefsguy 10-15-2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Thats the game folks.

No, it was not the game. There was a holding call on the defense. If Speaks makes the tackle, the Pats accept the penalty and have 1st and goal at the 1 yard line. Do you really think our pathetic D is holding them there?

htismaqe 10-15-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13819392)
This is exactly it. We went from Marty to Vermeil in the span of 2 seasons.

Tamba and DJ got old. Poe, Berry, and Houston got injured.

Not a real surprise the D fell off a cliff when Dorsey basically didn't draft a defensive starter in 4 years.

ThePatriotWay 10-15-2018 11:55 AM

This is one BIG novel of excuses. Wowzerz