ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Kareem Hunt Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307438)

O.city 04-29-2017 10:07 AM

Kind of reminds me of the rb from the skins

Warrick 04-29-2017 10:09 AM

I like the Marshawn Lynch comparisons.

LoneWolf 04-29-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12848279)
No, I read it over at the Chiefs site so relayed it here. I don't thumb through all the pages of every thread. Also go **** yourself you worthless bitch !

Johnny Football!!! ROFL

DJ's left nut 04-29-2017 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12848237)
He looked like the same exact guy at the Senior Bowl, so I think that's bullshit.

His teammates also improved at the senior bowl.

I see a slightly undersized north-south runner who lacks starting RB speed. He does have good balance but I don't think it will matter as much when larger, faster, more polished people are hitting him.

I just don't see skills that are going to translate well because he lacks the physical tools to put them to their best use. He has a great foundation to build a RB on. The problem is all you got is a 1700 sq. foot single story slab. The foundation; vision and balance - isn't gonna get us much IMO. He'll get what is blocked, may occasionally make someone miss and if he finds himself in space he'll get run down within about 15 yards.

I don't see what makes him an appreciably better player than West.

I like Dorsey's first two picks but I ain't compelled to like everything he does. I don't like this pick.

staylor26 04-29-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848379)

I see a slightly undersized north-south runner who lacks starting RB speed. He does have good balance but I don't think it will matter as much when larger, faster, more polished people are hitting him.

I just don't see skills that are going to translate well because he lacks the physical tools to put them to their best use. He has a great foundation to build a RB on. The problem is all you got is a 1700 sq. foot single story slab. The foundation; vision and balance - isn't gonna get us much IMO. He'll get what is blocked, may occasionally make someone miss and if he finds himself in space he'll get run down within about 15 yards.

I like Dorsey's first two picks but I ain't compelled to like everything he does. I don't like this pick.

Ageee to disagree. I don't think you have to like the pick, just debating!

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-29-2017 10:20 AM

Dorsey really really really likes him so I'm going with Dorsey.

Ming the Merciless 04-29-2017 10:26 AM

Love it....zero fumbles lost is a nice stat in 700+ carries

Thats natural born desire....

Kareem needs more carries

DJ's left nut 04-29-2017 10:26 AM

Just seems like we've become "suck Dorseys dick planet" since the Mahomes pick.

He's still gonna miss on occasion and I think the euphoria of the Mahomes pick has people looking for reasons to be laudatory of everything. We have some confirmation bias as a result.

Like, y'know, ignoring the fact that this dude is getting run down from behind by linemen in his HIGHLIGHT film. Suddenly being slow doesn't matter because Priest Holmes wasn't a burner, as though outliers are a good reason to defend a pick. Or even worse, trying to argue that he isn't slow, which is just wrong. I would imagine he'd lose a foot race to Ware and West.

Eh

Ming the Merciless 04-29-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848432)

He's still gonna miss on occasion and I think the euphoria of the Mahomes pick had people looking fur reasons to be laudatory of everything. We have some confirmation bias as a result.

Like, y'know, ignoring the fact that this dude is getting run down from behind by linemen in his HIGHLIGHT film. Suddenly being slow doesn't matter because Priest Holmes wasn't a burner, as though outliers are a good reason to defend a pick. Or even worse, trying to argue that he isn't slow, which is just wrong. I would imagine he'd lose a foot race to Ware and West.

Eh

Its called hope..... Maybe he is more of a ware than a west...?

Coach 04-29-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848343)
So he says that Hunt is the 5th best RB in this class.

And he gave up a 3rd and 4th for him.

I'm supposed to be happy about that?

Well at least he'll make the team so there's some progress. And for third rounders, 'steady contributor' is a fair expectation. I suspect Hunt will manage that. I just don't see the upside here that some do.

As long as Hunt doesn't get cut during pre-season (think Russell), it's pretty much a win.....

Russell was a 3rd rounder and he got cut like in the middle of pre-season. That one was a bad pick all around.

DJ's left nut 04-29-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12848438)
Its called hope..... Maybe he is more of a ware than a west...?

If hope replaces analysis, we become the Star board again.

Hope is fine, but getting fired up about a smaller, slower version of Ware - a person who appears to combine the warts of the backfield duo we presently have - just seems strange.

But hey, at least he doesn't fumble.

Ming the Merciless 04-29-2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848454)
If hope replaces analysis, we become the Star board again.

Hope is fine, but getting fired up about a smaller, slower version of Ware - a person who appears to combine the warts of the backfield duo we presently have - just seems strange.

But hey, at least he doesn't fumble.

Its been like 36 hours, i dont think a couple of days of hope is gonna turn this place into the star board....

Who was getting that fired up about Hunt that it caused you concern? Dude weighs 225 ...he isn't some midget 4.2 speed guy , hes got some bulk..it is what it is...

Chiefshrink 04-29-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848379)

Definitely a "wait and see" for sure. I am not all that excited as well. The backs I really like are as follows"

Elijah McGuire - JC like

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IOaL8xRCdkM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe Williams - JC like as well but he quit during the season and then returned.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VnkQQhISL1Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brian Hill - a poor man's Fournette.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GbONj24BVKc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

burt 04-29-2017 10:41 AM

Quote:

Eh

I live there....

DJ's left nut 04-29-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12848469)
Its been like 36 hours, i dont think a couple of days of hope is gonna turn this place into the star board....

Who was getting that fired up about Hunt that it caused you concern? Dude weighs 225 ...he isn't some midget 4.2 speed guy , hes got some bulk..it is what it is...

When Clay is polishing knob over a slow tailback, I'm gonna take notice.

His weight is interesting in that it varies. I was referring to his SR bowl tape where he was evidently at 210ish and still looked slow.

Put 225 on him and he's Darrin Reaves with better vision. Huzzah.

suzzer99 04-29-2017 10:45 AM

I heard Hunt caused some missed tackles and has good balance. Can anyone confirm?

Easy 6 04-29-2017 10:49 AM

This is the time of year for hope and blind devotion, nothing wrong with that

Its not a hot take, but lets wait and see what develops in camp and the preseason

Hammock Parties 04-29-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848480)
When Clay is polishing knob over a slow tailback, I'm gonna take notice.

I'm not polishing knob.

It's stupid to dismiss a mid-round pick at RB just because of his 40 time, though. It's not like he runs a 4.75....that would be damnable. 4.6? I bet there are a dozen reasonably effective NFL backs who ran 4.6 coming out.

I trust Dorsey at this position.

hometeam 04-29-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848343)
So he says that Hunt is the 5th best RB in this class.

And he gave up a 3rd and 4th for him.

I'm supposed to be happy about that?

Well at least he'll make the team so there's some progress. And for third rounders, 'steady contributor' is a fair expectation. I suspect Hunt will manage that. I just don't see the upside here that some do.

You do understand that we have 49 stay overs from the 53 man roster last year. What are we going to do with 9 rooks? Draft and cut? Who cares!

bevischief 04-29-2017 11:01 AM

Can't wait to see this kid play.

hometeam 04-29-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12848517)
I'm not polishing knob.

It's stupid to dismiss a mid-round pick at RB just because of his 40 time, though. It's not like he runs a 4.75....that would be damnable. 4.6? I bet there are a dozen reasonably effective NFL backs who ran 4.6 coming out.

He ran 4.47 after the combine.

Not every back will be JC or Tyreek. This guy gonna ball.

DJ's left nut 04-29-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12848517)
I'm not polishing knob.

I'll bet he's close to a 4.7 at 225.

He cut a lot of weight prior to the combine to improve his 40 and got a below average 4.62 for his efforts. At his playing weight, he's probably around 4.7.

The tape backs it - the guy is genuinely slow.

hometeam 04-29-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

He's still gonna miss on occasion and I think the euphoria of the Mahomes pick has people looking for reasons to be laudatory of everything. We have some confirmation bias as a result.

Eh

Hes down 30 pounds from then, ran 4.47 after the combine. Had weight issues in college. With a pro conditioning and strength program he will be fine speedwise.

DJ's left nut 04-29-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12848531)
Hes down 30 pounds from then, ran 4.47 after the combine. Had weight issues in college. With a pro conditioning and strength program he will be fine speedwise.

So he'll be West. Yea?

Besides, with his running style the answer isn't 'just cut weight'. He's a one cut, turn upfield kind of runner when he's being effective. He needs to be at 215-220, IMO.

Speed will never be an asset for him.

hometeam 04-29-2017 11:09 AM

He did run a 4.62 at the combine.. he also ran a 4.52 at the combine.

hometeam 04-29-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848536)
So he'll be West. Yea?

No?

Hell be Khunt. Might be same kind of speed as west but guess what.. dude doesnt go down to arm tackles, bullshit tackles, shoulder tackles, or anything else other than a wraparound full on real big boy tackle.

That alone puts him above West.

RunKC 04-29-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848536)
So he'll be West. Yea?

Besides, with his running style the answer isn't 'just cut weight'. He's a one cut, turn upfield kind of runner when he's being effective. He needs to be at 215-220, IMO.

Speed will never be an asset for him.

I'm gonna get shit for this, but his balance, vision and ability to make guys miss remind me of LeVeon Bell, who ran a 4.60 at the combine.

I thought the pick was okay, but after doing some research it looks like he could be off brand LeVeon Bell if he reaches his ceiling.

I can live with that for the allocation of a mid 3rd rd resource.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-29-2017 11:18 AM

Seems to me like he's another Priest Holmes. I'd love to have Priest Holmes on this roster.

Meatloaf 04-29-2017 11:23 AM

To me, Hunt seems to have a bit of Marshawn Lynch in him. Tremendous strength, balance and vision with decent, but definitely not elite, speed. Would not surprise me to see this guy ending up as our starter before season's end. Really like this pick!!!

Warrick 04-29-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12848531)

That's the way I see it. I know he was playing at 225lbs, last I heard he was down to 208. Has he dropped anymore weight?

beach tribe 04-29-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12847758)
You speak the truth. All JC needed was half way blocks and he's past the LOS.

Charles was an extremely rare player.

Dude could get 5 a pop with ANY line.

beach tribe 04-29-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12848556)
Seems to me like he's another Priest Holmes. I'd love to have Priest Holmes on this roster.

I didn't say this because it's so easy to look at a guys build and say Priest Holmes!! But he really does remind me of him.

Dante84 04-29-2017 12:54 PM

Really excited to revisit this thread in a couple years.

This guy is going to ball.

Chief Northman 04-29-2017 01:08 PM

Years of Jamaal Charles have spoiled us. Reality is, he was really a non-factor the past two seasons and the run game was still respectable.

There are more dynamic runners than Hunt, but one cannot argue his four years of production. Durability and ball security are underrated factors about his game. Getting Hunt where the Chiefs got him fit the projection. Decent if not a solid pick. He will get fantastic coaching from Bieniemy don't forget.

oldandslow 04-29-2017 01:22 PM

I absolutely love this pick...gonna start from day one, injuries aside.

Wasn't really happy with Tawno, (Project, imo) but this totally makes up for it.

Holmes 2.0.

Mr. Laz 04-29-2017 01:45 PM

bigger version of West?

TLO 04-29-2017 01:52 PM

I heard his brother Mike played at OSU in the 80's.

FloridaMan88 04-29-2017 02:01 PM

Chiefs need a home run threat to compliment Ware/West and Hunt doesn't seem to fit that profile.

Of course Hill can always line-up in the backfield and fill that home run rushing threat role as well.

Baby Lee 04-29-2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 12849222)
I heard his brother Mike played at OSU in the 80's.

You really should try it Kareemed.

RunKC 04-29-2017 02:08 PM

You guys will feel better about this guy when he is converting short yardage 3rd downs.

Dante84 04-29-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 12849279)
Chiefs need a home run threat to compliment Ware/West and Hunt doesn't seem to fit that profile.

Of course Hill can always line-up in the backfield and fill that home run rushing threat role as well.

I disagree.

I think West should be replaced, Ware should move to 1b, while we have a David Johnson guy to be the feature back.

Don't forget that Hill will take touches from the backfield, and serve as that home run rushing threat if need by.

Edit: Im a dumbass

Baby Lee 04-29-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 12849466)
I disagree.

I think West should be replaced, Ware should move to 1b, while we have a David Johnson guy to be the feature back.

Don't forget that Hill will take touches from the backfield, and serve as that home run rushing threat if need by.

Is it just me? Am I taking goofy pills? ;)

Dante84 04-29-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12849470)
Is it just me? Am I taking goofy pills? ;)

hahahaha

Im tired and hungover. My bad.

Mr. Laz 04-29-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 12849466)
I disagree.

Edit: Im a dumbass

I agree that West is the one that should lose touches.

We throw so many passes to stretch the defense laterally that running up the middle helps more than running laterally.

Warrick 04-29-2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12848030)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rTj3RrOn8Zg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He has all the tools to serve as Rb1 and share a role with Ware, all kinds of home run ability too.

go bo 04-29-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12847876)
That's why Priest and Emmitt Smith sucked ass.

i was just thinking that...

one of the greatest offenses ever seen in kc had a slow running back just like that...

and there were times he didn't score when he broke free, that's true also...

me likee berry berry mucho grandeist!

hometeam 04-29-2017 05:43 PM

Stole this from reddit, and reformatted it to fit CP - good in depth breakdown - all credit to u/WastedFrog.

Today's report is on Toledo RB Kareem Hunt. I wanted to do someone a little less known since everyone has opinions on the top guys already.

Measurables
Height: 5'10
Weight: 216
40 time: 4.62
Vert: 36.5
Broad: 9'11"

Elite Traits

Physicality
Kareem Hunt is a very difficult man to tackle. The first man to lay hands on him being the one who brings him down is a rare occurrence. His tackle breaking ability is right up there with guys like Leonard Fournette. Plays like these are easy to find with Hunt. He regularly shrugs off linebackers.

http://imgur.com/ToenWEt.gif
http://imgur.com/4JXwYwl.gif
http://imgur.com/49P770o.gif

Ball Security
in his college career of four seasons, 782 carries and 73 receptions he never once lost the football. NEVER. that is insane.

Effort
It's weird to put this in elite traits but I have rarely seen RBs who consistently play as hard as Hunt. He is ALWAYS fighting for that extra yard.

NFL Level Traits

Vision
Hunt has that crucial RB gift of seeing where the hole is going to be when he gets there. he rarely has to hesitate unnecessarily behind the line reading his blocks. He can get small and squeeze through a small hole. his first cut is very quick and to the point which helps him be decisive and follow his eyes.. His vision isn't limited to hitting the line either. he can read a field in open space just as well. this gif is a good example of his vision for both the line and open field.

http://imgur.com/BlDKE2X.gif
http://imgur.com/I2UGUHC.gif
http://imgur.com/z3GMqu1.gif

Elusiveness
for as much as he relies on being able to break tackles he's no slouch when it comes to shaking opponents off before they can touch him. Hunt is a big fan of the spin move, and he's damn good at it, though it can get him into trouble as well. He man make very fast jump cuts to get away from low tackles. He moves quickly and with purpose to make guys miss in the open field. His combination of elusiveness and physicality often leads to runs like this where he shows off the best he's got in both regards

http://imgur.com/wca0m96.gif
http://imgur.com/UgBPWvK.gif
http://imgur.com/R5qKIPN.gif
http://imgur.com/hBbFJA7.gif

Balance
He runs with his shoulders down to keep his center of Gravity low and it really shows. He recovers from near falls when other RBs would be on their asses. In this play he ends up with his hand on the ground but recovers incredibly fast and jukes an oncoming defender. This play is just amazing

http://imgur.com/Vl2JgYC.gif
http://imgur.com/9uso2Ek.gif

Workhorse
In this age of RBBC and pass catching backs there aren't as many of these guys around anymore. This gif of back to back tough physical runs is something you'll see several times a game from Hunt. if you want a guy who is gonna be on the field for most of the game, Hunt is on your list.

http://imgur.com/tUS22Jk.gif

Hands
Hunt wasn't used as a pass catcher a ton. Mostly as a dumpoff receiver, but he has soft hands and a couple amazing catches (see the last gif in Balance). I watched 6 games and he caught multiple passes in each and never dropped one.

Needs Work

Pass Protection
If he's gonna be an every down back he's gonna have to get better at pass blocking. his cut blocks can be half assed at times and he needs to learn to get a better leverage advantage. he sometimes gets bullied

http://imgur.com/lNeOef7.gif

Route Running
He just didn't do a lot of this but given NFL trends, his good hands and his ability to make plays in space he's going to be asked to do more in the NFL. aside from a couple wheel routes I don't think he has ever run a route. I think he has the skills to do it but he's gonna take a while to learn it.

Negatives

Build
He's a little on the small side. while he did fine in his conference the bigger stronger NFL players could cause a leverage problem when he's trying to out physical the defense. it even shows up on occasion in college tape. I love this next gif because it shows his biggest weakness and his biggest strength. He gets shoved back because he can't get a leverage advantage and then shows his effort in getting back to the line

http://imgur.com/FqiIb3J.gif

Dancing
While he gets an A for effort it also gets him into trouble a lot. there are a lot of cases of him dancing around trying to break out from a hopeless situation instead of just taking the yards he has available.

Speed
Hunt just doesn't have breakaway speed. Think of someone like Frank Gore. He can get you a ton of yards and he's fast enough to get into space but if it comes down to a footrace against a DB, he's not gonna win it.

Pro Comparison: Spencer Ware

I went into this only having watched one game of his before now and thinking he's an early day 3 back. Now I'll be very surprised if he lasts past the 3rd. Hunt is a legit NFL starter IMO. More than that he's an every down back. I suppose his lack of size and the depth of the class could push him down ala Kenneth Dixon last year (another good comparison for Hunt as a player) but I won't agree with it if it happens.

Easy 6 04-29-2017 08:27 PM

Thats a nice sample of his skills from hometeam, I considered quoting it in full just to piss everyone off :D

But seriously, dude is just solid... no, there is no wow factor in regard to speed or insane jukes, but the guy just guts it out every time

He is a chain mover, not a home run hitter, maxes out every opportunity to the best of his ability... I'm thinking Duce Staley

Chiefshrink 04-29-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12850207)
I'm thinking Duce Staley

Ya know that is a very good comparison because I had him as Giovanni Bernard with attitude. Kudos to you my friend ! I think you nailed it !!

Easy 6 04-29-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12850212)
Ya know that is a very good comparison because I had him as Giovanni Bernard with attitude. Kudos to you my friend ! I think you nailed it !!

Bernard is totally valid as well, guys like this dont scare the hell out of anyone... but they give your offense another set of downs to scare them with

Meatloaf 04-29-2017 08:47 PM

Nice find home team. Thanks for sharing!

DTLB58 04-30-2017 08:29 AM

Quote:

Exactly! We needed Kamara or Marlon Mack. Here we are still just plodding along 10-15 yards at a time.

Best22 04-30-2017 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 12850639)
Exactly! We needed Kamara or Marlon Mack. Here we are still just plodding along 10-15 yards at a time.

If he can get 10-15 yards a pop, that'd be a massive improvement. You only rely on an RB being a "deep threat" when your QB is lily-armed Alex Smith. With Mahomes, you already have the ultimate "home run threat".

Kareem Hunt is quicker through the hole than Ware, making him an improvement day one. Solid pickup for KC

milkman 04-30-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 12850652)
If he can get 10-15 yards a pop, that'd be a massive improvement. You only rely on an RB being a "deep threat" when your QB is lily-armed Alex Smith. With Mahomes, you already have the ultimate "home run threat".

Kareem Hunt is quicker through the hole than Ware, making him an improvement day one. Solid pickup for KC

To me, this pick is for Alex Smith.

This team needs a guy right now that can move the chains and keep drives alive.
Alex Smith can not consistently do that.

This kid, on third and short, might be able to do it.

penchief 04-30-2017 09:06 AM

I just watched all those videos. He is very unique. Everything that has been said about his balance, vision, quickness through the hole, etc. is all true.

I laughed out loud while watching the "Draft Day 2017" video. At about the 7:50 mark he is sprinting to the goal line but is about to be caught from behind just before he scores. But he senses the defender closing in on him and uses a reverse stiff arm to secure his way into the end zone.

For that reason I'm not concerned that he doesn't have top end speed because his awareness more than makes up for it. Seems like he has a bag of tricks he can use to pick up those extra yards. He looks like a heck of a football player.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 04-30-2017 11:38 AM

Watched a bunch of film on him. Impressive ball security and runs like Frank Gore. Unless West really steps up his game, Kareem will be the split carry back with Ware before the season is over.

staylor26 04-30-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12851016)
Watched a bunch of film on him. Impressive ball security and runs like Frank Gore. Unless West really steps up his game, Kareem will be the split carry back with Ware before the season is over.

That was my Hunt comparison. Frank Gore.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 04-30-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12850657)
To me, this pick is for Alex Smith.

This team needs a guy right now that can move the chains and keep drives alive.
Alex Smith can not consistently do that.

This kid, on third and short, might be able to do it.

What successful QB hasn't had RB(s) that could move the chains? ROFL

You heard of Marshawn Lynch? Pierce/Rice? Blount/Lewis ? Freeman/Coleman? Anderson/Hillman? Frank Gore? You check out how dominant that Panthers run game was in their SB quest?

We just witnessed Ware/West take a nosedive in efficiency (5ypc -> 4pc) total TD's went to less than half what they produced in 2015.

You think Dorsey is going to stand pat with that? Common sense.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 04-30-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12851027)
That was my Hunt comparison. Frank Gore.

The more I watch, the more excited to see him play. I was big on Joe Williams as a late round pick but this guy is much, much closer to game ready than him. Ware/Hunt are going to punish linebackers.

The Franchise 04-30-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12851079)
The more I watch, the more excited to see him play. I was big on Joe Williams as a late round pick but this guy is much, much closer to game ready than him. Ware/Hunt are going to punish linebackers.

You thought we should draft Joe Williams in the 3rd round, you ****ing reerun.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 04-30-2017 12:15 PM

Niners traded up to snag him in the 4th. In any normal draft not stacked with RB's, he would've been an early 3rd. The upside on Joe Williams is impressive.

Easy 6 04-30-2017 12:40 PM

This pick is receiving praise all over the place, pretty much everything I'm seeing around the net is calling him a starter

Priest31kc 04-30-2017 02:01 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Top-graded HBs in college football<br><br>Kareem Hunt, Toledo, 94.4<br>Dalvin Cook, Florida State, 89.3<br>Christian McCaffrey, Stanford, 88.2</p>&mdash; PFF College Football (@PFF_College) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/820731001357930496">January 15, 2017</a></blockquote>

BryanBusby 04-30-2017 02:06 PM

Yeah, but we could of had a not 3 down back in the 2nd round guys......

**** YOU FOR THIS GOOD VALUE AND FIT DORSEY!!!!

TigeRRUppeRRcut 04-30-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 12851325)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Top-graded HBs in college football<br><br>Kareem Hunt, Toledo, 94.4<br>Dalvin Cook, Florida State, 89.3<br>Christian McCaffrey, Stanford, 88.2</p>&mdash; PFF College Football (@PFF_College) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/820731001357930496">January 15, 2017</a></blockquote>

http://i.imgur.com/6qL34SM.jpg?1

-King- 04-30-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12849034)
Years of Jamaal Charles have spoiled us. Reality is, he was really a non-factor the past two seasons and the run game was still respectable.

There are more dynamic runners than Hunt, but one cannot argue his four years of production. Durability and ball security are underrated factors about his game. Getting Hunt where the Chiefs got him fit the projection. Decent if not a solid pick. He will get fantastic coaching from Bieniemy don't forget.

The running game was trash after week 6 or 7 last year. The difference in the playoff game wasn't Smith vs Roethlisberger, they were both shitty. The difference was LeVeon Bell vs Spencer Ware. One had 175 yards and the other had 35.

I think Hunt will be like Ware, a decent #2 running back but struggles to maintain his play over a full season.
Posted via Mobile Device

nychief 04-30-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12851763)
The running game was trash after week 6 or 7 last year. The difference in the playoff game wasn't Smith vs Roethlisberger, they were both shitty. The difference was LeVeon Bell vs Spencer Ware. One had 175 yards and the other had 35.

I think Hunt will be like Ware, a decent #2 running back but struggles to maintain his play over a full season.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, if we are going to play the LeVeon Bell vs. game.... it is going to be a long night.

Was LeVeon Bell on the board when we picked Hunt?

staylor26 04-30-2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

How can you predict that his play won't maintain over a full season? What are you basing that on? That's a strange thing to say. It's not like we have any answer as the why that happened to Ware still. My best guess is it was because he has never been a workhorse before. Since that's not the case with Hunt, I'm calling bullshit on your prediciton.

Easy 6 04-30-2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

You may be right about Hunt and Ware being roughly equal, but dont forget that Ware was a 6th rounder and a lot of the pundits had 3rd round Hunt rated evenly with bigger names like Dalvin Cook

Its a small sample admittedly, but all of the clips I've watched on Hunt suggest that he is a better pure runner, with better instincts and vision

RunKC 04-30-2017 05:54 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

4.4 YPC and a TD that game.

Andy only gave him 8 carries

-King- 04-30-2017 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12851777)
How can you predict that his play won't maintain over a full season? What are you basing that on? That's a strange thing to say. It's not like we have any answer as the why that happened to Ware still. My best guess is it was because he has never been a workhorse before. Since that's not the case with Hunt, I'm calling bullshit on your prediciton.

Cause hes not a guy that avoids contact. Like Ware, he bounces off a bunch of guys and keeps going. That works fine in the beginning of the season, but as the season goes in, all that extra contact wears on the body and it starts to break down. That's what happened to Ware last year. Good early. Bad late in the season
Posted via Mobile Device

staylor26 04-30-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12851843)
Cause hes not a guy that avoids contact. Like Ware, he bounces off a bunch of guys and keeps going. That works fine in the beginning of the season, but as the season goes in, all that extra contact wears on the body and it starts to break down. That's what happened to Ware last year. Good early. Bad late in the season
Posted via Mobile Device

There are also many RB's who manage to take a beating and keep going. Your claims are baseless.

Also, I don't think you've watched much of him because he doesn't always just duck his head and take guys on. He makes moves to get by them too.

-King- 04-30-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12851849)
There are also many RB's who manage to take a beating and keep going. Your claims are baseless.

Also, I don't think you've watched much of him because he doesn't always just duck his head and take guys on. He makes moves to get by them too.

Spencer Ware has moves too. But his game is based on contact and going through that contact. Same as what I've seen from Hunt. Like I said, Ware isn't a bad running back and hunt probably won't be bad. But they're both going to be about average. I've been spiked by Priest, Jamaal and even Larry Johnson to some degree to expect more from KC running backs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6 04-30-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12851849)

People have posted the stat about him causing the most missed tackles in college football for the last 48 hours, he doesnt really look slick doing it... but he knows how to avoid contact

mlyonsd 04-30-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12851865)
People have posted the stat about him causing the most missed tackles in college football for the last 48 hours, he doesnt really look slick doing it... but he knows how to avoid contact

It appears to me he knows how to take it more than avoid it.

go bo 04-30-2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 12851924)
It appears to me he knows how to take it more than avoid it.

it must be our old eyes tricking us, because it sure looked that way to me, too...

he just flat out broke a lot of tackles, a shit ton!!

me lykeey theese pick!!!! PBJ PBJ PBJ

TigeRRUppeRRcut 04-30-2017 09:42 PM

What Dorsey did was get us our own version of Freeman/Coleman. You have two guys who can run the ball and also catch in space. Every 3rd game, you give Hunt extra reps so that Ware can rest his legs a little bit.

20% of Matt Ryan's production last year was throwing it down to the RB. Also holds true for Brady the last few seasons.

Love this move by Dorsey.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 04-30-2017 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12851865)

Looks like he's playing pinball out there. He seems to know what angles to take to draw a bad tackle and squeeze in a few extra yards.

Warrick 04-30-2017 10:05 PM

Some of you need to watch more video of him because you have no clue what you're talking about, this kid is special.

raybec 4 05-01-2017 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12851098)
Niners traded up to snag him in the 4th. In any normal draft not stacked with RB's, he would've been an early 3rd. The upside on Joe Williams is impressive.

But the floor on quitter Joe is much lower.