ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Let's talk WRs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286694)

jonzie04 01-02-2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 11237408)
fer shits and giggles, how would you rank the the top 10-12 wrs from 2014 and 2015 prospects (1-20)? Obviously the 2014 class having a year in the nfl will skew things (like no one thought Beckham would instantly be the most electrifying wr in the league)

2014 (drafted in first two rounds):

Sammy Watkins
Mike Evans
Odell Beckham Jr.
Brandin Cooks
Kelvin Benjamin
Marqise Lee
Jordan Matthews
Paul Richardson
Davante Adams
Cody Latimer
Allen Robinson
Jarvis Landry

2015 WR board from GBN:

Amari Cooper
Davante Parker
Kevin White
Jaelen Strong
Devin Funchess
Dorial Geen-Beckham
Sammie Coates
Ty Montgomery
Nelson Agholor
Rashad Greene
Deontay Greenberry
Josh Harper
Tyler Lockett

would Cooper come in 4th behind Beckham Jr?

feels like the top of 2014 is (much) better, but a stretch of 2015 would run in the middle from like 5-10

Cooper is probably on par with Evans and Watkins. I think those 3 are interchangeable depending on who the team likes. Cris Carter said Cooper was Bamas best Wr since Ozzie Newsome (That includes Julio Jones), and is the most advanced young WR he's seen since Randy Moss.

I'd say
1.Amari Cooper
2.Sammy Watkins
3. Evans
4. Dorial Green Beckham
5. Odell Beckham
6. Davante Parker
7. Kevin White
8. Brandin Cooks
9. Kelvin Benjamin
10. Marquise Lee

RunKC 01-02-2015 09:52 PM

Can't see how Tyler Lockett is there at our pick in rd 3. He's probably going to move into rd 2. His tape is so good and his skills are there. He'll blow up the combine and his stock will shoot up.

Would love this kid in rd 2.

Buehler445 01-02-2015 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11238616)
Can't see how Tyler Lockett is there at our pick in rd 3. He's probably going to move into rd 2. His tape is so good and his skills are there. He'll blow up the combine and his stock will shoot up.

Would love this kid in rd 2.

Yeah. Kid's got skills.

GloucesterChief 01-03-2015 12:58 AM

As a WSU fan.

Mayle dropped a lot of passes the last four games. Has hands of stone when it gets a little nippy.

jonzie04 01-03-2015 01:01 AM

I know he isn't a sexy ultra fast WR or any thing but Man i love Tony Lippett, that guy is so such a great football player, just a great teammate, clutch, insanely reliable. I'd love to have him. He played both CB and WR vs Baylor, turned in 5 grabs for 75 yards, made a clutch catch on 4th down with less than a minute to go in the game, did an amazing job at cb, batting down a pass, and not allowing any plays over 20 yards. (pretty impressive against baylor)

And then theres the hit im sure you've all seen.

https://vine.co/v/OwVVed7ZHtp

royalschiefs 01-03-2015 03:52 AM

I'd like to see the Chiefs get Matt Miller from BSU if he's avalible in the 5th, 6th, or 7th. Near perfect route runner with great reliable hands, I think he'd flourish with Alex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPxHHlRhWW4

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-03-2015 02:19 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Stefon Diggs told me: &quot;After talking with my family during the past few days, I have decided to enter the NFL draft&quot;</p>&mdash; Matt Zenitz (@mzenitz) <a href="https://twitter.com/mzenitz/status/551464975005663232">January 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

O.city 01-03-2015 02:24 PM

Sammy Watkins is bit overrated.

I'd put Beckham and Evans above him from last year's class and cooper for sure in this years.

Yeah, he ran fast etc, but as a wr he's a ways off.

I really really want Kevin white.

O.city 01-03-2015 03:11 PM

Agholor just declared. 2nd rounder.

O.city 01-03-2015 03:15 PM

The chiefs I'll have the first 3 rounds to come away with a wr.

In58men 01-03-2015 03:17 PM

@TerezPaylor: It’s looking like there’s no reason the #Chiefs shouldn’t come away with a good WR in the 1st three rounds of the draft.

OldSchool 01-06-2015 05:51 PM

Auburn redshirt junior WR Sammie Coates has "[Terrell Owens'] body, [Odell Beckham Jr.'s] burst and [Darrius Heyward-Bey's] hands," writes NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah.
We couldn't agree more. Coates has the build of a No. 1 WR (6-foot-2, 201 pounds) and the speed of a No. 1 WR (4.36 40-yard dash), but he has failed to live up to scouts' expectations. Perhaps the biggest reason for that is Coates' consistent inability to produce as a No. 1 receiver at Auburn. The Tigers' offense completely stagnated this year when WR Duke Williams was hurt or suspended and Coates was forced into the featured-receiver role. When Coates could focus on running fly routes as the No. 2 receiver, he thrived. "Coates drops a ton of balls but just when you want to write him off, he makes a freaky play," Jeremiah wrote. Coates will declare for the draft and has accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl. Because of his measurables, Coates is a decent bet to get over-drafted. "Coates [will] make a circus catch in traffic and then completely fail to track the ball a few plays later," Jeremiah wrote.

The Franchise 01-06-2015 05:56 PM

I'll take Kevin White.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2015 06:40 PM

The Chiefs will never do it, but they should draft DGB in the first followed by Rashad Greene in the second. Get rid of all the Alexcuses.

jd1020 01-06-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11248205)
The Chiefs will never do it, but they should draft DGB in the first followed by Rashad Greene in the second. Get rid of all the Alexcuses.

He'll have 2 excuses. 1) He needs to build up chemistry with his WRs, and 2) His receivers are rookies.

The Alexcuses never go away. It's why he is still a "relevant" QB in the public opinion.

Saccopoo 01-06-2015 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11248082)
I'll take Kevin White.

I'd rather have Washington State's Vince Mayle in the second or third than Kevin White in the first.

I think Mayle has been more impressive on a worse team in arguably a better conference (PAC12 vs. Big 12) in basically what is the same system (Mike Leach vs. Dana Holgorsen).

Very similar players in size, speed, etc.

As well, some late rounders that the Chiefs should be looking at:

DeAndre Smelter, Georgia Tech; 6'3", 225 lb. (bullshit - dude looks 240 if an ounce)
- Same program that produced Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas, Smelter is an absolute physical specimen. Only started playing college football in 2013 after coming to GT on a baseball scholarship. Was the leading receiver for the Yellow Jackets with 715 yards and 7 TD's. (And that's a metric shit ton for the run oriented offense that GT utilizes.) Dude tore his ACL in the last game of the season and should be FA level cheap. I'd easily spend a seventh rounder on this guy just to get him on the squad.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gR8GhCSf8FY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

J.J. Worton, University of Central Florida; 6'2", 215 lb.
- The guy that made the one handed grab that made Blake Bortles famous. Has been incredibly consistent and productive over his entire college career. Great hands and good burst (was the Knights PR as well).

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AF_VVH-Svpk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Matt Miller, Boise State; 6'3", 220 lb.
- Dude was absolutely destroying defenses in 2013 (1140 yards & 12 TDs) and was even better to start 2014, but got an ankle injury that put him out for the season. Is said to be working towards being full speed by the time the Combine rolls around.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/e4-sktlBnv0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dante84 01-07-2015 01:16 AM

Is Cobb in FA a realistic option or just a pipe dream?

kccrow 01-07-2015 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DA_T_84 (Post 11248779)

Likely a pipe dream I'd think... They have 18 million in space right now but some big names on the list to fill... Here's how I see it:

Tramon Williams,CB UFA - Doubtful they'll re-sign
BJ Raji, 34DE UFA - Doubtful they'll re-sign
Bryan Bulaga, RT UFA - Will re-sign, probably cost 4 m per
Jarrett Bush, CB UFA - Unsure, maybe
John Kuhn, FB UFA - Will re-sign, probably cost 1 m per
Matt Flynn, QB UFA - Probably will re-sign
Letroy Guion, DT UFA - Will re-sign, probably cost 2 m per
Randall Cobb, WR UFA - Will re-sign - probably cost 6 m per
Scott Tolzien, QB UFA - Doubtful they'll re-sign
Davon House, CB UFA - Will re-sign - probably cost 4-5 m per
DuJuan Harris, RB ERFA - Likely tender
Chris Banjo, S ERFA - Likely tender
Sean Richardson, S RFA - Likely tender
Don Barclay, RT RFA - Likely tender
Jarrett Boykin, WR RFA - Likely tender
Jamari Lattimore, ILB UFA - Doubtful they'll re-sign

Going to say all re-signings will be average around 21 m per. I'm sure they can shave enough money on the top contracts to get that down a few million. If they win the dance, no way they keep Peppers and his 12 m contract next year. In fact, I can't seem them keeping him anyhow. They have him playing for just over 3 m this season, he's a rental.

Couch-Potato 01-16-2015 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DA_T_84 (Post 11248779)

Here's how I see the FA WR class of 2015:

Zero chance these guys are available.

Demarius Thomas
Dez Bryant

These guys are almost undoubtedly resigning with their current teams, but maybe one of them becomes available. Anyone of these guys would be great for us. Note:Everyone I've listed below would come cheaper than Bowe.

Jeremy Maclin
Randell Cobb
Eddie Royal
Torrey Smith

Harvin and Wallace are possible cuts, and Gordon might be available via trade. Anyone of these guys would be great, but all of them are possible cancers.

Mike Wallace
Percy Harvin
Josh Gordon

Older receivers, but one of the two might be available. Either would be an improvement.

Reggie Wayne
Hakeem Knicks

Some lesser receivers that are all still notable upgrades for our squad. Crabtree is simliar to Bowe in my mind, but much cheaper. Welker should retire before he's a vegetable. Shorts and kearse have been mentioned often as options. Kenny Britt, well I'm not a fan but others may feel he'd fit.

Michael Crabtree
Cecil Shorts
Jermaine Kearse
Wes Welker
Kenny Britt

If we drop Bowe we can pay 2 or 3 of these guys. At this point I see zero need to keep Bowe, we can spend that money elsewhere. Plenty of FA options and quality receivers in the draft. I think we need 3 new WR's and I don't feel that they'll be difficult to find, we may already have one of them in Rogers.

Easy 6 01-16-2015 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 11239651)
@TerezPaylor: It’s looking like there’s no reason the #Chiefs shouldn’t come away with a good WR in the 1st three rounds of the draft.

They damn well better grab two, and one of them should be our first round pick... because the more I think about it, the clearer it is that we arent getting any of the top tier free agents.

Dorsey simply isnt going to overpay for any of them, which is what he'd have to do to entice one to KC, unfortunately.

Couch-Potato 01-16-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11271681)
They damn well better grab two, and one of them should be our first round pick... because the more I think about it, the clearer it is that we arent getting any of the top tier free agents.

Dorsey simply isnt going to overpay for any of them, which is what he'd have to do to entice one to KC, unfortunately.

He overpaid Bowe, why not pay a FA WR that can produce? In the end there are so many WR options in FA and the draft this year I think we go OL in the first. Dorsey has a tradition of picking OL or OLB in the first and the OL draft and FA class just isn't near as deep as WR.

jd1020 01-16-2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 11272255)
Dorsey has a tradition of picking OL or OLB in the first

Figure that out from his 2 and only drafts ever? Good shit.

Easy 6 01-16-2015 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 11272255)
He overpaid Bowe, why not pay a FA WR that can produce? In the end there are so many WR options in FA and the draft this year I think we go OL in the first. Dorsey has a tradition of picking OL or OLB in the first and the OL draft and FA class just isn't near as deep as WR.

Dorsey is simply not going to drastically overpay for any of the very few top free agent receivers, and it is a very small pool of elite guys to choose from this year.

An even if he decided to overpay, that doesnt always mean anyone would want to come here... sure , top receivers want money like everyone else, but they also want accomplishments and recognition, and any receiver on the outside looking in surely see's KC as a place where receiving escalades and glory goes to die.

kccrow 01-16-2015 07:40 PM

The only top receiver I can honestly say might come here is Maclin and that depends on if his relationship with Reid is as good as they say it is. I think we can forget about the rest of the top tier type guys.

philfree 01-20-2015 10:30 AM

I was thinking DGB would impress the Raiders and they'd make him the first WR off the board causing Parker to slip to #18 and the Chiefs.

jonzie04 01-20-2015 11:29 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TvppcbWKz8#t=40
Great game by Hardy, god i want him. #mustnotgetattached #maynotbecomeachief

kccrow 01-20-2015 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11281979)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TvppcbWKz8#t=40
Great game by Hardy, god i want him. #mustnotgetattached #maynotbecomeachief

LoL you can join me at #alreadytooattached #attachmennotgoodformentalhealth

RunKC 01-21-2015 11:01 AM

I'm becoming a big fan as well. Hardy and Goodley in the mid rounds isn't too much to ask for, right?

O.city 01-21-2015 02:55 PM

I'd rather have lockett

kepp 01-21-2015 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 11281877)
I was thinking DGB would impress the Raiders and they'd make him the first WR off the board causing Parker to slip to #18 and the Chiefs.

I wouldn't put anything past the faiders.

OldSchool 01-21-2015 03:46 PM

There are a lot of good potential #1 WRs in this draft class and a bunch of guys who can become solid contributors. I just hope that Dorsey doesn't screw the pooch like he did last year and completely pass on taking any WRs.

The Franchise 01-21-2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 11284670)
There are a lot of good potential #1 WRs in this draft class and a bunch of guys who can become solid contributors. I just hope that Dorsey doesn't screw the pooch like he did last year and completely pass on taking any WRs.

After this season....I don't think he can. Zero WR TDs and not drafting one? Might raise some eyebrows on the sports networks.

O.city 01-21-2015 03:54 PM

Right or wrong, I'd venture to say they'll have 2-3 new wrs next year

Rausch 01-21-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 11271629)
Here's how I see the FA WR class of 2015:

Zero chance these guys are available.

Demarius Thomas
Dez Bryant

These guys are almost undoubtedly resigning with their current teams, but maybe one of them becomes available. Anyone of these guys would be great for us. Note:Everyone I've listed below would come cheaper than Bowe.

Jeremy Maclin
Randell Cobb
Eddie Royal
Torrey Smith

Harvin and Wallace are possible cuts, and Gordon might be available via trade. Anyone of these guys would be great, but all of them are possible cancers.

Mike Wallace
Percy Harvin
Josh Gordon

Older receivers, but one of the two might be available. Either would be an improvement.

Reggie Wayne
Hakeem Knicks

Some lesser receivers that are all still notable upgrades for our squad. Crabtree is simliar to Bowe in my mind, but much cheaper. Welker should retire before he's a vegetable. Shorts and kearse have been mentioned often as options. Kenny Britt, well I'm not a fan but others may feel he'd fit.

Michael Crabtree
Cecil Shorts
Jermaine Kearse
Wes Welker
Kenny Britt

If we drop Bowe we can pay 2 or 3 of these guys. At this point I see zero need to keep Bowe, we can spend that money elsewhere. Plenty of FA options and quality receivers in the draft. I think we need 3 new WR's and I don't feel that they'll be difficult to find, we may already have one of them in Rogers.

Maclin would be the best option. He knows the coach, offense, and is still fairly young...

O.city 01-22-2015 07:23 AM

So, Devin smith. Am I supposed to not like him, cause he deems like a great fit herr

the Talking Can 01-22-2015 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11283996)
I'm becoming a big fan as well. Hardy and Goodley in the mid rounds isn't too much to ask for, right?

assuming we have an extra 3rd, i hope we use 2 of our first 4 picks on WR

RunKC 01-22-2015 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11285649)
So, Devin smith. Am I supposed to not like him, cause he deems like a great fit herr

If there's one WR I think we'd draft rd 1, it's him

buddha 01-22-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11285649)

I'd try to sign Maclin and draft Devin Smith. You have a ready made WR corps, with two incredibly smooth, fast WRs who can stretch the field, or run precision underneath routes.

O.city 01-22-2015 12:31 PM

You guys think Smith will go first round?

buddha 01-22-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11286004)
You guys think Smith will go first round?

I think so. I don't think he'd slip any farther than the top of the 2nd round at worst.

RunKC 01-22-2015 02:27 PM

Holy shit Kevin Lockett and Phillip Dorsett are BEASTING out there.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/1-22-2015/MpFiQ4.gif

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/1-22-2015/qIyPl7.gif

These are the kind of WR's we need. These guys can get open in a hurry and kill you in YAC.

OldSchool 01-22-2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11286255)

These are the kind of WR's we need. These guys can get open in a hurry and kill you in YAC.

Yup. I'd prefer Dorsett but I wouldn't mind Lockett either.

royalschiefs 01-22-2015 04:55 PM

Quote:

Really, REALLY hoping Dorsey nabs Lockett...

bsp4444 01-22-2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Call me jaded, but we'll prolly draft the db's in those gifs.

CoMoChief 01-23-2015 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsp4444 (Post 11286843)

Cuz we're the chiefs baby....doin shit wrong since 1970.

OldSchool 01-24-2015 06:01 PM

If you haven't already, try to check out Dezmin Lewis from Central Arkansas. Great size, good body control, and good ball skills.

kccrow 01-25-2015 09:44 PM

Late sleeper for you guys...

Chase Cochran - Ohio 6'2" 185 or so. Nice speed. can catch the ball in traffic too.

Here's the only highlights I could find: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmcfrDzG78U

planetdoc 02-14-2015 10:53 AM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...uting-notebook

Quote:

After seeing Dorial Green-Beckham in person before the Super Bowl, I started asking NFL scouts what they've heard about his year at Oklahoma. As one Southwest scout assigned to Oklahoma told me, "He's completely turned his life around. Big brother moved in, whipped his ass and took control. He's on the straight-and-narrow since leaving Mizzou."

— As teams get together at headquarters to group-scout players, one director of scouting told me he was "very surprised" by Green-Beckham's speed on tape. "He has a lot more scoot than I saw back in January."

OldSchool 02-15-2015 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 11326224)

Yeah, I would love to have him but would be worried at the same time.

BlackOp 02-16-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 11327916)
Yeah, I would love to have him but would be worried at the same time.

If he's there when KC picks..they need to take him. Dude looks like a young Calvin Johnson.

CleveSteve 02-17-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsp4444 (Post 11286843)

It's Imoan Claiborne in both gifs.

O.city 02-17-2015 08:06 PM

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap...talentconcerns

kccrow 02-17-2015 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11332766)

The real question is, is Green-Beckham the next R. Jay Soward or Reggie Williams or is he the next Randy Moss?

BlackOp 02-17-2015 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 11333160)
The real question is, is Green-Beckham the next R. Jay Soward or Reggie Williams or is he the next Randy Moss?

Every player is a risk..remember that LB Seattle drafted a few years back.."sure thing..safest pick' guy?

He's 6-6...and where KC is drafting..they have to roll the dice on this dude. SF might take him though..

WR's are expensive..

In58men 02-18-2015 02:53 PM

Walterfootball has us drafting Breshad Perriman.

What are your thoughts on him? Good move?

staylor26 02-18-2015 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 11334232)

He has the talent to be mentioned with all the other top guys, but wasn't able to fully display it on tape due to some bad qb play in the couple games I saw. Aside from that he still flashed and made some great plays. Could definitely end up being the best WR in this class, but I'd rather go somewhere else if Parker and DGB are off the board though.

kccrow 02-18-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 11334232)

I wouldn't take him in round 1, but he'd be on the radar round 2.

kccrow 02-18-2015 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 11333224)
Every player is a risk..remember that LB Seattle drafted a few years back.."sure thing..safest pick' guy?

He's 6-6...and where KC is drafting..they have to roll the dice on this dude. SF might take him though..

WR's are expensive..

They don't "have" to roll the dice on this guy. There are plenty of really good receivers in this draft not named DGB. The fact that he is 6'6" has literally zero bearing on my thoughts on whether or not he can be a good receiver. I've painstakingly proven you don't need tall WRs in the NFL, even now. Speaking of zeroes, I have zero interest in KC rolling the dice on this kid whatsoever. I hope they go with a guy that doesn't smoke mj and isn't full of himself at the position and see how that works out. Maybe the kid works out, its possible, but I for one am not interested. Maybe that interest would perk up in round 3 if he's still on the board.

Sorter 02-18-2015 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 11333160)

Physically, DGB=Calvin.

kccrow 02-18-2015 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 11334804)
Physically, DGB=Calvin.

Size maybe, doesn't look near as fast nor as polished. He should still run pretty well. I don't think he's a Calvin Johnson, hell nobody is. He's somewhere nearer to Plaxico Burress to me than Calvin. Burress ran a hand-timed 4.59 and had a 33" vertical. Calvin ran an electronically timed 4.35 and had a 42.5" vertical. I expect DGB to run around 4.50 and probably post a high 30's vertical. I'm not all that interested in his 40, but it will affect his draft stock. I also don't think he'll measure 6'6" as he's being advertised, but I could be wrong. I could have sworn he was 6'4" coming out of high school. Anyhow, I'm always most curious about 3-cone and 20-yard shuttle. At times DGB looks somewhat fluid and at other times he looks a bit clunky. He makes me curious, but I'm still not convinced with the off field shit. I'm not privy to interview him, but one has to think the interviews and thorough background investigations are going to be the number one reason he goes round 1 or not. He's a good enough receiver to go in round 1. I'd probably put him behind Cooper, White, and Parker with what I've seen on the field, but he'd still likely be a top-20 type. Hell, if he could have kept clean he'd probably have pushed for the #1 guy. He's just not polished enough coming out and has that baggage. We'll see. Based on what I know and can see, I'm not a round 1 buyer.

Sorter 02-18-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 11335030)
Size maybe, doesn't look near as fast nor as polished. He should still run pretty well. I don't think he's a Calvin Johnson, hell nobody is. He's somewhere nearer to Plaxico Burress to me than Calvin. Burress ran a hand-timed 4.59 and had a 33" vertical. Calvin ran an electronically timed 4.35 and had a 42.5" vertical. I expect DGB to run around 4.50 and probably post a high 30's vertical. I'm not all that interested in his 40, but it will affect his draft stock. I also don't think he'll measure 6'6" as he's being advertised, but I could be wrong. I could have sworn he was 6'4" coming out of high school. Anyhow, I'm always most curious about 3-cone and 20-yard shuttle. At times DGB looks somewhat fluid and at other times he looks a bit clunky. He makes me curious, but I'm still not convinced with the off field shit. I'm not privy to interview him, but one has to think the interviews and thorough background investigations are going to be the number one reason he goes round 1 or not. He's a good enough receiver to go in round 1. I'd probably put him behind Cooper, White, and Parker with what I've seen on the field, but he'd still likely be a top-20 type. Hell, if he could have kept clean he'd probably have pushed for the #1 guy. He's just not polished enough coming out and has that baggage. We'll see. Based on what I know and can see, I'm not a round 1 buyer.

I'm guessing that DGB runs better than a 4.5.

That being said, he's definitely got some issues.

Jakemall 02-18-2015 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 11334804)
Physically, DGB=Calvin.

Do you really think he has Calvin's hands or Speed? He's got hops and size, no doubt. He's certainly an athlete...but I don't think he's as fast.

I admit to only having seen what has been posted as highlights. Everyone describes him as extremely raw...beyond the character issues.

edit: NM... basically already posted.

The Franchise 02-19-2015 11:28 AM

DGB has 9" hands.

Mr. Laz 02-19-2015 11:39 AM

Green-Beckham (6050, 237lb, 32 1/2" arms, 9-inch hands)

geez

tiny hands though

Urc Burry 02-19-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11335886)
DGB has 9" hands.

Yikes.. Amari had 10". But I never saw a problem with DGB dropping the ball. DGB is the same exact size as Calvin coming in. But like other have said.. I see him running a good time, but I just don't see a mid 4.3 like Calvin. Almost hoping he doesn't run that fast, because that could cause another team ahead of us to fall in love with him

Titty Meat 02-19-2015 02:12 PM

DGB is starting to be like Ebron/Beckham who I was in love with last year. I think the only way we get him is if we trade up.

Jakemall 02-19-2015 02:53 PM

DGB will be a 2nd round pick...or later if he doesn't grade well in the combine.

I liked Stephen Hill better than I like DGB. He's going to drop. Too many ???

jonzie04 02-19-2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 11336529)
DGB will be a 2nd round pick...or later if he doesn't grade well in the combine.

I liked Stephen Hill better than I like DGB. He's going to drop. Too many ???

He won't fall that far IMO. The guys a legit top 2-3 picking and he has people saying good things about him... And he will test well. Dude ran an electronic 10.55 100m in hs. Charles only ran 10.37 in college. The guy is going to run a low 4.4 at 237lbs.

Jakemall 02-20-2015 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11336762)
He won't fall that far IMO. The guys a legit top 2-3 picking and he has people saying good things about him... And he will test well. Dude ran an electronic 10.55 100m in hs. Charles only ran 10.37 in college. The guy is going to run a low 4.4 at 237lbs.

Everyone said the same of Stephen Hill because of his tremendous strength, speed and height. I just see too many questions. He hasn't played in a while, character issues... He's gonna slide.

Chiefnj2 02-20-2015 08:05 AM

KC has to hit on its first round pick. They can't miss 2 times in three years. It sets the franchise back too far. Your first round picks have to be your blue chip prospects that secure a position for years to come. Right now KC will be lucky - lucky, if their former 1.1 ends up being an average LT. And lets be honest, Dee Ford's limited ability to get on the field isn't great either, but it is way too early to tell with him. They can't risk it on DGB. Especially keeping him in the same geographic area where he had all of his previous problems.

OldSchool 02-20-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 11337591)
Everyone said the same of Stephen Hill because of his tremendous strength, speed and height. I just see too many questions. He hasn't played in a while, character issues... He's gonna slide.

Dude, Stephen Hill had terrible hands and average ball skills at best. He also wasn't very strong at the point of the catch. DGB is completely different from him, IMO. DGB actually knows how to use his size and knows that he is far larger and stronger than any DB that will cover him.

Jakemall 02-20-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 11338024)
Dude, Stephen Hill had terrible hands and average ball skills at best. He also wasn't very strong at the point of the catch. DGB is completely different from him, IMO. DGB actually knows how to use his size and knows that he is far larger and stronger than any DB that will cover him.

This was the typical scouting report on Hill:

Stephen Hill Scouting Report
By Charlie Campbell

Strengths:
Game-breaking speed
Big-play threat
Explosive
Impressive first-step quickness
Quick feet
Athletic
Agile
Ideal height, length
Good blocker for the run
Leaping ability
Legitimate red-zone weapon
Dangerous with ball in his hands
Picks up yards after the catch
Great body control
Has some strength; well built
Quality guy in the locker room
Big upside

Weaknesses:
Raw
Didn't run the route tree in games
Lack of experience
Needs developmental time

BryanBusby 02-20-2015 11:17 PM

DGB has kept his nose clean for awhile. If he interviews well, teams will look past the off field issues.

If he works out well, he won't sink a lot for missed playing time. He was probably a top 5 prospect before the dumb shit.

kccrow 02-21-2015 12:06 AM

One thing I'll say about DGB is that IF Kansas City drafts him then they MUST cut Dwayne Bowe. Bowe hasn't been able to leave the weed alone since coming into the NFL and I don't think it would be beneficial to a guy like DGB to have that type of influence in his same position group. I think it will be difficult enough for the kid anyhow, especially if he is in KC near everyone he knows.

Jakemall 02-21-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11336762)

Try closer to 4.5.

I think he goes early to mid 2nd.

Maybe Mike Evans not Megatron would be more of an optimistic comparison?

MahiMike 02-21-2015 12:48 PM

I like all these WR's. Any one of them would start for us. DGB or Lockett look good.

jonzie04 02-21-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 11339937)
Try closer to 4.5.

I think he goes early to mid 2nd.

Maybe Mike Evans not Megatron would be more of an optimistic comparison?

sorry for being a little off. Thats still a very nice time, and i still think hes gone in the first. On the field DGB is much closer to Calvin in terms of athletic ability than he is to Mike Evans... Though you say that like its an insult. Mike Evans is a beast in his own right.

But some general observations, i'm very suprised at kevin white thats a blistering time for him, he doesnt look nearly that fast on the field. i think he may have given cooper some serious comp for the first wr gone.

also that kid from GA is a specimen.

Mayles 40 was dissapointing. i wonder if itll cause him to slide, he could be a steal in the 4th or so rounds.

OldSchool 02-21-2015 03:09 PM

The dream of Kevin White is officially dead. I will not be surprised if Oakland takes him over Cooper at 4 overall.

Parker will likely be gone before us as well.

That leaves us banking on Strong or DGB in the 1st (Strong ran a lot faster than I expected, thought he would run in the mid 4.5 at best).

I like Agholor in the 2nd but he'll likely go pretty early or late in the 1st.

OldSchool 02-21-2015 03:15 PM

Cooper is significantly less explosive than I expected.

OldSchool 02-21-2015 03:19 PM

Darren Waller is also a physical monster, jesus how does GT keep coming up with these monsters? Such a shame that he isn't a better football player though and a shame that GT's offensive system sucks for evaluating WRs.