ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars: Rebels (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273208)

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-06-2015 08:15 PM

I was really hoping Dooku would have killed Asoka. Would have given much more weight to the Invisible Hand decapitation.

keg in kc 02-07-2015 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11314445)
I was really hoping Dooku would have killed Asoka. Would have given much more weight to the Invisible Hand decapitation.

She ended up being a better character than that, more than just a tool to perpetuate Anakin's fall. Her final arc on Clone Wars was a window into how and why the Jedi Order as a whole could fall, and (throwing away the reality that she didn't exist as a character when episode 3 was made...) the fact that she went into exile is what would have saved her. She was pretty badass by the end. I'd rather envision her continuing to grow on her own, partnering up with Asajj Ventriss, and having them still exist as a duo somewhere in the gray between Jedi and Sith in the time of episode 7.

It also wouldn't surprise me if she's Fulcrum, which people have speculated since even before her appearance on this show was made public.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-07-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11314917)
She ended up being a better character than that, more than just a tool to perpetuate Anakin's fall. Her final arc on Clone Wars was a window into how and why the Jedi Order as a whole could fall, and (throwing away the reality that she didn't exist as a character when episode 3 was made...) the fact that she went into exile is what would have saved her. She was pretty badass by the end. I'd rather envision her continuing to grow on her own, partnering up with Asajj Ventriss, and having them still exist as a duo somewhere in the gray between Jedi and Sith in the time of episode 7.

It also wouldn't surprise me if she's Fulcrum, which people have speculated since even before her appearance on this show was made public.

http://www.artwallpapers.net/movie_w...n_kenobi02.jpg

keg in kc 02-07-2015 11:34 AM

Yep, also a definite possibility.

Although I think that since it's after Order 66 and he's supposed to be protecting Luke from a distance on Tatooine, he's probably staying out of the Rebel game.

I need to read Kenobi.

Hammock Parties 02-08-2015 05:55 PM

Ahsoka as Fulcrum confirmed.

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/02/st...d-case-closed/

DaneMcCloud 02-09-2015 11:10 PM

That episode was awesome! Even my 6 year old turned to me and said "That was the best one yet, Daddy! What's going to happen to Kanan?".

There's another two week break then the final four episodes air continuously. I sure hope they don't wait until October to start Season 2.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-10-2015 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11319454)
That episode was awesome! Even my 6 year old turned to me and said "That was the best one yet, Daddy! What's going to happen to Kanan?".

There's another two week break then the final four episodes air continuously. I sure hope they don't wait until October to start Season 2.

So, season 1 in the can, then?

keg in kc 02-10-2015 08:36 AM

The two week break with that cliffhanger is just evil. LMAO

Didn't want to say anything about that because I thought it would spoil too much. Equating it to ESB was bad enough.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11319614)
So, season 1 in the can, then?

Four more in Season 1 for a total of 16. Season 2 is allegedly at least 24 episodes and possibly as many as 32.

Since Rebels supposedly ties into Episode VII, it would seem like June would be a good start date for Rebels Season 2 but I'm only speculating. If true, I'd think they'd want it wrapped before December 18th.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11319712)
The two week break with that cliffhanger is just evil. LMAO

Didn't want to say anything about that because I thought it would spoil too much. Equating it to ESB was bad enough.

It was wicked. When the Inquisitor stood behind those officers, who we've seen several episodes, I knew what was going to happen but hoped they didn't get too graphic because I was watching with my daughter.

The cool thing is that they're staying true to the Star Wars Universe and not pulling any punches just because they're on Disney XD.

keg in kc 02-10-2015 11:58 AM

Yeah, it was a really good episode. I tried not to get too carried away with it since I knew nobody was going to see it for a week and I didn't want to set up disappointment, but it had my eyes glued the whole time. Definitely tops along with the Jedi temple one where Yoda appeared. And even with Ezra mind-tricking the...whatever that animal was, it really was pretty mature. Surprisingly so. But not adult. If that makes sense.

Hammock Parties 02-10-2015 04:26 PM

They do a great job of making it just mature enough that I don't feel like I'm watching a show for kids.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-10-2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11319981)
Four more in Season 1 for a total of 16. Season 2 is allegedly at least 24 episodes and possibly as many as 32.

Since Rebels supposedly ties into Episode VII, it would seem like June would be a good start date for Rebels Season 2 but I'm only speculating. If true, I'd think they'd want it wrapped before December 18th.

Cool. I'll get the season 1 set when it hits.

Hammock Parties 02-12-2015 04:22 PM

teaser images

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dwXPG5nagd...EB_IA_8055.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FipxuJBcG8...EB_IA_8012.jpg

Bowser 02-12-2015 05:58 PM

So, some mystery Jedi going to pitch in and help the team out with Kanaan's abduction?

And whomever they pegged for the voice of Tarkin really is nailing it. Kind of creepy, actually.

Hammock Parties 02-12-2015 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11324330)
So, some mystery Jedi going to pitch in and help the team out with Kanaan's abduction?

They're setting up Ashoka's reveal for season 2 I bet.

Bowser 02-12-2015 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11324335)
They're setting up Ashoka's reveal for season 2 I bet.

That feels right. Hell, it's either her or Obi-Wan at this point. I guess they could introduce a new Jedi, but that would be a bit redundant. Chance it could just be another rebel faction reaching out to them after hearing their galaxy-wide transmission as well, I suppose.

keg in kc 02-12-2015 06:08 PM

Think it has to be ahsoka at this point. The official release of her appearance in the season 2 premiere doesn't seem like a coinkydink.

Hammock Parties 02-16-2015 07:06 PM

New episode just dropped.

keg in kc 02-16-2015 07:59 PM

I'll check it out after I finish this destiny strike.

keg in kc 02-16-2015 09:11 PM

Basically a setup episode for March 2nd. Pretty good but nothing as monumental as last week. Though it is setting up something potentially big.

Spoiler!

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2015 09:58 PM

I think Rebels is really killing it. Simon Kinberg's influence is obvious and way cool.

And while I don't want to see too many appearances of Vader in Rebels, I think they should set up a trilogy of stand alone films featuring Vader and his treachery throughout the Galaxy.

Who wouldn't want to see a young Darth Vader at the height of his Sith powers terrorizing the Star Wars Galaxy?

Hammock Parties 02-16-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11330743)
Who wouldn't want to see a young Darth Vader at the height of his Sith powers terrorizing the Star Wars Galaxy?

Vader shitting on everyone and everything in Empire is part of the reason it's the best Star Wars movie.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2015 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11330868)
Vader shitting on everyone and everything in Empire is part of the reason it's the best Star Wars movie.

In the new comics, Luke faces Vader but Vader doesn't know that Luke is his son at that point. IMO, there should be movies in between IV & V that detail those types of situations along with the Rebellion, Boba Fett and even Lando.

I'm hoping that once the Kenobi trilogy is set and announced, we'll see plenty of Obi Wan versus Vader. Just because Vader says that line in IV doesn't mean that the last time he saw Obi Wan was in ROTS...

Hammock Parties 02-16-2015 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11330906)
I'm hoping that once the Kenobi trilogy is set and announced, we'll see plenty of Obi Wan versus Vader.

I dunno. I think a head-on confrontation would be a little unrealistic, because Obi-Wan should be trying to stay as far away from the Empire as possible.

I'd like to see him get out of a couple of tough scrapes though...maybe he narrowly escapes and he and Vader share a look as Obi-Wan rides off.

I'd like it if one of the films dealt with Obi-Wan discovering Vader's identity.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2015 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11331015)
I dunno. I think a head-on confrontation would be a little unrealistic, because Obi-Wan should be trying to stay as far away from the Empire as possible.

I'd like to see him get out of a couple of tough scrapes though...maybe he narrowly escapes and he and Vader share a look as Obi-Wan rides off.

I'd like it if one of the films dealt with Obi-Wan discovering Vader's identity.

I don't think it has to be one-on-one in a physical sense and they don't even necessarily need to share a scene.

But if they were both competing for something, whether it be Kaiburr Crystals or a system or plans to the Death Star or whatnot, it would be really cool.

They could easily be in the same film without a confrontation, which might actually make it even cooler if they left it until the final film of the trilogy.

keg in kc 02-16-2015 11:48 PM

Judging by Rebels so far, whatever they do is going to be better than anything we come up with.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2015 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11331043)
Judging by Rebels so far, whatever they do is going to be better than anything we come up with.

It's Simon Kinberg. He's a talented dude.

keg in kc 02-17-2015 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11331044)
It's Simon Kinberg. He's a talented dude.

I wouldn't undersell Dave Filoni.

DaneMcCloud 02-17-2015 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11331070)
I wouldn't undersell Dave Filoni.

Oh no, Filoni's great, absolutely. But Kinberg is basically only second in command to the Star Wars Universe to JJ Abrams and his vision is setting the tone for the future.

Hammock Parties 02-17-2015 12:37 AM

Watching now! Glee!

Hammock Parties 02-17-2015 01:31 AM

Freaking awesome. So glad they're getting off Lothal because that place is boring.

I love how this show just keeps ripping off the OT and it doesn't bother me one bit. :)

Spoiler!

keg in kc 02-25-2015 06:30 PM

Haven't seen the finale yet. Didn't check today, but I doesn't look like it's going up early on demand. Which is probably a good thing.

The promo makes it look like the series is getting bigger moving forward:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TkRVtyWRtQE?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 02-25-2015 10:51 PM

I really wish people would stop putting out fake Fire Across The Galaxy torrents.

DaneMcCloud 02-25-2015 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11347522)
Haven't seen the finale yet. Didn't check today, but I doesn't look like it's going up early on demand. Which is probably a good thing.

The promo makes it look like the series is getting bigger moving forward:

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TkRVtyWRtQE?feature=player_embedded" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Wow! And Vader! :rockon:

Hammock Parties 02-25-2015 11:31 PM

It would be cool if Ezra killed the Inquisitor or something. I don't like him as a character, and where the **** was he in the movies if he survived the pre ANH era? Nope, off that goofy bald sumbitch.

Plus Ezra's character should have some emotional turmoil/dubious nature to him. Make him a bit of a loose cannon even moreso. The anti-Luke.

DaneMcCloud 02-25-2015 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11348016)
It would be cool if Ezra killed the Inquisitor or something. I don't like him as a character, and where the **** was he in the movies if he survived the pre ANH era? Nope, off that goofy bald sumbitch.

Well, they don't need to do it immediately. This takes place five years before ANH and in a different part of the galaxy.

I've always thought there was much more happening in the Star Wars galaxy than what was shown in the OT. Rebels is supposed to tie in with Episode VII (and beyond) so it's difficult to predict who survives and who doesn't until we've seen the next trilogy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11348016)
Plus Ezra's character should have some emotional turmoil/dubious nature to him. Make him a bit of a loose cannon even moreso. The anti-Luke.

Luke was a loose cannon. He left Dagobah to follow a vision that he couldn't understand and didn't finish his training with Yoda. Even though he survived the Battle of Endor, he sure didn't seem like a fully fledged Jedi to me.

What I find really interesting is that Ezra is far more powerful than Luke and became that way in a very short time. Kanan also appears to be far more powerful than Obi Wan in the OT, although I suppose he hid his powers for the greater good. But Obi Wan or even Anikan never displayed power like Ezra and Kanan.

But I sure hope that Obi Wan displays some wicked powers in the spinoffs or it just won't make any sense.

keg in kc 02-26-2015 05:09 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WiJiE9sDedY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 02-26-2015 08:32 PM

Looks like there IS a fledgling Rebellion going on that we haven't heard about. I counted three Corellian Corvettes toward the end of that trailer. Fulcrum swooping in to save the day?

Bowser 02-26-2015 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11348031)
Even though he survived the Battle of Endor, he sure didn't seem like a fully fledged Jedi to me.

Well, Vader seemed to think he was a Jedi on Endor pre battle after inspecting the shiny new green lightsaber....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WDnoczxzQyg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaneMcCloud 02-26-2015 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11349755)
Well, Vader seemed to think he was a Jedi on Endor pre battle after inspecting the shiny new green lightsaber....

I always thought Vader was taunting Luke. But what we've learned about Jedi training through the prequels, The Clone Wars and now Rebels leads me to believe that Luke wasn't a full Jedi, but maybe that's just me.

:D

keg in kc 02-26-2015 10:12 PM

I think the perception of what a Jedi is and can do has changed a lot since 1983.

Hell, could do some crazy stuff as Kyle Katarn 20 years ago and it's only gotten crazier.

DaneMcCloud 02-26-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11350035)
I think the perception of what a Jedi is and can do has changed a lot since 1983.

Hell, could do some crazy stuff as Kyle Katarn 20 years ago and it's only gotten crazier.

I may have mentioned this earlier but I think it's imperative that the Jedi appear to be super heroes because DC and Marvel have so upped the ante that it's what the market demands.

I was eleven when A New Hope came out and fourteen when The Empire Strikes Back was released. Based on Ben Kenobi's speech in his home and the teachings of Yoda (not to mention Darth Vader's power), I expected to see the Jedi with superhuman powers. I mean, they're connected to The Force so they should have superhuman powers.

Yet in the prequels, the Jedi's power was lame. The whole "passive" nature, especially that of Samuel L. Jackson's character (who was totally miscast, IMO) was off-putting.

At least Kanan has passion, as does Ezra. The whole "sleepy" Jedi thing is boring.

Hammock Parties 02-26-2015 11:30 PM

Mostly they were limited by special effects, naturally.

Seeing Luke flip off the skiff plank o'er the pit of Carkoon is still one of the coolest thing I've ever seen, though. Wonderful example of what you can do with a trampoline and some editing.

DaneMcCloud 02-26-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11350148)
Mostly they were limited by special effects, naturally.

Seeing Luke flip off the skiff plank o'er the pit of Carkoon is still one of the coolest thing I've ever seen, though. Wonderful example of what you can do with a trampoline and some editing.

I get it in the OT but the prequels?

I think most people were under the impression that the Jedi were extremely wise and powerful but the prequels showed them as weak and dumb.

Hammock Parties 02-26-2015 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11350150)
I get it in the OT but the prequels?

I think most people were under the impression that the Jedi were extremely wise and powerful but the prequels showed them as weak and dumb.

Thanks, George.

It's pretty interesting actually because in the Clone Wars cartoon, they are much more powerful. And especially in Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars miniseries.

DaneMcCloud 02-27-2015 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11350162)
Thanks, George.

It's pretty interesting actually because in the Clone Wars cartoon, they are much more powerful. And especially in Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars miniseries.

One of these days, I'll get to it.

I kind of remember the early Genndy series but really couldn't get past the animation. The later Clone Wars seemed much better.

Hammock Parties 02-27-2015 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11350175)
One of these days, I'll get to it.

I kind of remember the early Genndy series but really couldn't get past the animation. The later Clone Wars seemed much better.

Tartakovsky was traditional animation. If you like that sort of thing it was amazing.

http://i.imgur.com/5ZKijqD.jpg

DaneMcCloud 02-27-2015 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11350179)
Tartakovsky was traditional animation. If you like that sort of thing it was amazing.

I agree that artistically, it was super cool.

But I greatly prefer the animation of the Clone Wars and especially Rebels, because it doesn't take me out of the experience.

Silock 02-27-2015 04:34 AM

The story of the Tartakovsky series is so good, you won't even notice it.

DaneMcCloud 02-27-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11350264)
The story of the Tartakovsky series is so good, you won't even notice it.

I'll check it out.

I watched the very first episode of The Clone Wars series last night and was really shocked at how great it looked, the story and the voice acting. And even more shocking is that people have said that the seasons actually improve, which is awesome.

Now I finally understand why some people were negative about Rebels because it didn't start out nearly as strong as TCW, although the last four episodes have been awesome.

keg in kc 02-27-2015 08:57 PM

It was the pilot movie for Clone Wars that was so bad.

Much like with Rebels first season, part of the reason that show got better was that it got more mature and moved on from some of the sillier aspects. Sort of like thank god the slingshot and graffiti grenades went away.

DaneMcCloud 03-02-2015 10:34 PM

Well, quite a Season 1 finale.

It seems to me that the Star Wars Galaxy has just been turned upside its ear.

To me, that's a good thing.

DaneMcCloud 03-02-2015 11:45 PM

Does Ahsoka know Vader's identity?

Silock 03-03-2015 01:21 AM

Ahsoka! **** YES! I almost cheered out loud.

I doubt she does. She was gone before he turned.

DaneMcCloud 03-03-2015 01:23 AM

I just can't believe Clay's wish came true.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2015 01:46 AM

HOLY **** that was incredible.

Spoiler!

VADER!!!!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

FANBOY SQUEE!

Hammock Parties 03-03-2015 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11357090)
Does Ahsoka know Vader's identity?

No way she can.

The series is set up now to have Vader kill the three Jedi. Last episode, Ahsoka learns who Vader is. And then he kills her. :evil:

DaneMcCloud 03-03-2015 01:49 AM

Vader's red lenses were a nod to the OT.

So cool.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2015 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11357212)
Vader's red lenses were a nod to the OT.

So cool.

Yep.

And I loved this:

http://i.imgur.com/KCJVbJG.jpg

Hammock Parties 03-03-2015 01:58 AM

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

DaneMcCloud 03-03-2015 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11357213)
Yep.

And I loved this:

Filoni and Kinberg get it.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2015 02:13 AM

They sure do.

If Episode VII has any of the same creative spark in this show, it will kill.

Silock 03-03-2015 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11357213)
Yep.

And I loved this:

What am I missing here?

Hammock Parties 03-03-2015 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11357230)
What am I missing here?

http://stickerish.com/wp-content/upl...nceWhiteSS.png

Silock 03-03-2015 02:25 AM

I thought it kinda looked like the Sorcerer's Hat from Fantasia. I guess they were going full SW, though. I just didn't see it until you point it out.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2015 02:29 AM

This is cool.

Spoiler!

Hammock Parties 03-03-2015 02:54 AM

Slightly disappointed that we didn't get to see what is actually happening on Mustafar, however.

007 03-03-2015 03:16 AM

Do I need to have seen The Clone Wars series first before watching this? Or can I just jump in on this one now?

Hammock Parties 03-03-2015 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11357255)
Do I need to have seen The Clone Wars series first before watching this? Or can I just jump in on this one now?

You won't know who the character is at the end, but that's it.

007 03-03-2015 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11357258)
You won't know who the character is at the end, but that's it.

I've seen bits and pieces of TCW because my kids watched it so I do know some characters but not all. What is this characters name?

Hammock Parties 03-03-2015 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11357260)
I've seen bits and pieces of TCW because my kids watched it so I do know some characters but not all. What is this characters name?

Ahsoka Tano. Anakin's Padawan.

007 03-03-2015 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11357262)
Ahsoka Tano. Anakin's Padawan.

OK. I know who that is.

keg in kc 03-03-2015 03:51 AM

Damn that was good. Although snips seemed a bit off at the end, somehow.

One step closer to her being part of the new trilogy.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2015 04:52 AM

https://40.media.tumblr.com/1c6310c4...06ieo1_540.jpg

DaneMcCloud 03-03-2015 02:14 PM

@SarahMGellar: That's right......guess who is starring on season two of @starwarsrebels!!! Move over @RealFPJr cause @SarahMGellar is taking over!!

Hammock Parties 03-03-2015 03:36 PM

Be cool if she was voicing Leia. She has a similar voice.

DaneMcCloud 03-03-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11358093)
Be cool if she was voicing Leia. She has a similar voice.

Yep, that's what I thought as well. Or she could be Mon Monthma. She has to play some type of significant role at some point, IMO.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2015 03:59 PM

I just hope she isn't playing a lightsaber wielding badass dark Jedi. No more of those, please.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-03-2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11357935)
@SarahMGellar: That's right......guess who is starring on season two of @starwarsrebels!!! Move over @RealFPJr cause @SarahMGellar is taking over!!

Delicious.