ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

Chiefs=Champions 02-09-2013 12:09 PM

DAAAAAAA LETS DRAFT A TACKLE 1ST OVERALL!!! SOOOO MANY TEAMS ARE BUILT AROUND THEIR LEFT TACKLES DAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 12:09 PM

ugh...
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 02-09-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9389261)
"Do you see how valuable this pick is? Think of how many draft picks we could acquire if we traded out! When you're 2-14 like we are, you have more holes than just at QB. We need every draft pick we can get! Don't just waste our top draft pick's value on one player when we can get a boatload!"

[Counter Argument]

"If you don't have a QB you don't have a winning team..."

B14ckmon 02-09-2013 12:10 PM

If Geno sucks in the NFL, I fully expect you Genonites to admit how dumb you were.

Chiefs=Champions 02-09-2013 12:11 PM

Drafting a LT tackle first overall?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-ViF6JRNjTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigMeatballDave 02-09-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9389267)
If Geno sucks in the NFL, I fully expect you Genonites to admit how dumb you were.

Has nothing to do with dumb, and more to do with taking a chance at winning championships.

You're just too stupid to know the difference.

Chiefs=Champions 02-09-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Dude, im pretty drunk right now, but i see clearly enough to know you are one of the biggest dumb-asses to visit this board in a long time. ENJOY!

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

suck a butt.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 02-09-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

I want a QB.

I think Geno is the best QB available.

If we take a different QB at 1 I'll still S#it my pants happy because at least this year we've finally got it and we're trying...

RealSNR 02-09-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

I will never ever ever apologize for wanting my team trying to take a chance at winning something meaningful.

Just because your pathetic **** franchise has been burned by overdrafting shit QBs in the first round doesn't mean we should have to apologize for when it's OUR turn to draft a pretty good QB.

Coogs 02-09-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

I'll gladly do that. I would much rather draft Geno and be wrong, than draft any other position, and have Geno turn out to be the real deal for some team a few picks later.

ForeverChiefs58 02-09-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Did drafting a bust (insert position) ever keep them from trying again? Either should QB. If Geno is a bust then we try for the next QB not wait another 30 freaking years.

Just going by the last 30 years anyone should fully expect you fans not wanting a QB in the 1st to admit how dumb you really are.

You are a ****ing troll B14ckmon Bob. I can't believe it doesn't get old to you.

Frankie 02-09-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9389105)
Yep. Franchise LT will help avoid this situation again.

This would have been a non-dumb reply IF I had said we should draft Joekel at the top of the draft. But I haven't said that, have I? So,.....

B14ckmon 02-09-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 9389299)
Did drafting a bust (insert position) ever keep them from trying again? Either should QB. If Geno is a bust then we try for the next QB not wait another 30 freaking years.

Just going by the last 30 years anyone should fully expect you fans not wanting a QB in the 1st to admit how dumb you really are.

You are a ****ing troll B14ckmon Bob. I can't believe it doesn't get old to you.

Don't be a ****ing moron. It has been established a thousand times that I am not this Bob guy.

Most of the planet thinks the Chiefs are stupid for reaching for a QB. It's not just two people on this forum.

Frankie 02-09-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9389141)
And there are million more Frankies that live in KC. Too often they also work at One Arrowhead Drive.

If that were the case the Arrowhead display would have contained a few Lombardi trophies.

:)

RealSNR 02-09-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9389311)
This would have been a non-dumb reply IF I had said we should draft Joekel at the top of the draft. But I haven't said that, have I? So,.....

Insert anything. I don't care what it is. CB, OLB, DE, NT.

NOTHING is going to shoot us past 8-8 if it's not a real QB.

You might disagree, but then I'd tell you that why draft one of those above positions when we can take the best QB and get a starter at one of those spots later in the draft? Either way we still get everything we need. Why does it have to be the QB that gets put on the wait list for later in the draft?

Answer: It doesn't, and these hypotheticals are silly

B14ckmon 02-09-2013 12:29 PM

Alex Smith is a good QB. Geno Smith may never be a good QB.

RealSNR 02-09-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9389314)
Don't be a ****ing moron. It has been established a thousand times that I am not this Bob guy.

Most of the planet thinks the Chiefs are stupid for reaching for a QB. It's not just two people on this forum.

Most of the planet doesn't give a shit about the Chiefs. They'd rather we stay terrible so more interesting and sexy teams like the Cardinals, Saints, Cowboys, or Dolphins can be good again.

That's why they think drafting a LT at #1 is the smart idea.

RealSNR 02-09-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9389320)

How can you post stuff like this and claim you're not a troll?

Deberg_1990 02-09-2013 12:36 PM

If no QB with 1st pick, insert razor in wrist.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9389346)
If no QB with 1st pick, insert razor in wrist.

lmao
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 02-09-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

That's super. I hope the Jags sign Alex then. You should be thrilled with that prospect.

Rausch 02-09-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

No, most of the Planet does not...

Rausch 02-09-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Alex smith NEVER PUT UP THE NUMBERS ELVIS GIRBAC DID.

FACT...

Pasta Little Brioni 02-09-2013 12:51 PM

Has it been established who's mult this is yet?

Rausch 02-09-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9389382)
Has it been established who's mult this is yet?

Today was a bad day.

I'm ok with punching his Mrs. in the ovaries while he watches...

Pasta Little Brioni 02-09-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9389403)
Today was a bad day.

I'm ok with punching his Mrs. in the ovaries while he watches...

Do the cubs in the relationship go by Mrs.?

whoman69 02-09-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

I don't really care. I'll just be happy that for the first time in 30 years this franchise has at least tried. If Geno fails, in three years we can rinse/repeat.

prhom 02-09-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9389206)
Who was protecting Joe Flacco's blindside?

Fat **** McKinnie.

Precisely, and guess what? He's a free agent! Apparently that's the key to winning the SB right there.

HolyHat 02-09-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

And when he doesnt suck, I fully expect to shit in your mouth

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 01:42 PM

lmao
Posted via Mobile Device

ForeverChiefs58 02-09-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Well then I really wish you would stop being such an ****ing idiot just like him. It's beyond old. You may not be dumbass Bob, but you act like his reeruned twin.

If you like Alex Smith so much then go to a damn Jags site and argue with the other 12 Jag fans who give a rat's ass against drafting a QB.

Anyone against drafting a QB overall should be held down while the rest of the fans shit in their mouth

Rausch 02-09-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9389407)
Do the cubs in the relationship go by Mrs.?

Not sure why they would...

patteeu 02-09-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9389202)
A HOF LT wins us what, exactly? We've had a pretty damn good one (not HOF, but good enough) for the past two seasons. So why does our offense struggle the way it does despite that LT and a RB that rivals Jim ****ing Brown in career YPC?

I think it's way too early to call Joeckel a HOF LT, but to answer your question, a HOF LT wins you a lot more than a journeyman QB.

Rausch 02-09-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9389677)
I think it's way too early to call Joeckel a HOF LT, but to answer your question, a HOF LT wins you a lot more than a journeyman QB.

Nope...

patteeu 02-09-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9389276)
Has nothing to do with dumb, and more to do with taking a chance at winning championships.

You're just too stupid to know the difference.

So even if Geno flops (whether for the Chiefs or for another team), the guys who wanted to draft him were right because they were willing to take a chance? ROFL

milkman 02-09-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9389691)
So even if Geno flops (whether for the Chiefs or for another team), the guys who wanted to draft him were right because they were willing to take a chance? ROFL

If we are wrong about Geno, we are wrong about Geno.

But we are not wrong about the fact that being safe gets you jack.

We are not wrong that the potential reward far outweighs the risk.

Rausch 02-09-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9389731)

http://www.webwiseforradio.com/site_...nner-theme.gif

munkey 02-09-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388853)
@FruitNinja, I agree with you. We have to do something. But I don't think that should mean that we reach for a 2nd round talent with the first overall pick. Frankly, the only option I like at QB right now isn't even an option; that being praying to the football gods that the Bears don't resign Cutler. And even then, that's a pretty terrible scenario. The fact is that the QB class for the next couple of years is god-awful. In an average year, every QB in first round contention this year would be a 3rd rounder at best. In all honesty, I don't think there's anyway we don't draft a QB in the first 2 rounds. I would just rather do something like the Bengals did and get the better player in the first, and then take the best available QB in the second.

@Ebolapox, I've been through about 20 pages of the draft Geno thread, and found nothing useful. And I have done my research on Geno Smith. And I wasn't impressed. He looked like Colt Brennan to me. He plays in a system that throws the ball on 75% of its snaps, and many of those are high percentage throws like hitches and screens. I just haven't seen anything on the kid that has sold me on him as the number 1 pick

Spot on...let the raiders draft smith... He's a project..never took a snap in the NFL much less participated in the combine. I seriously don't get the Geno/love from everyone here...it's actually kinda sad...it's like theirs going to be a mass suicide if he's not taken...kinda weird..

DeezNutz 02-09-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

A HOF LT wins jack and shit until the team gets a QB.

munkey 02-09-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

What potential? He's not the second coming of RG3 or Luck... I'm sure alot of fans thought the same when Blackledge was drafted..

Rausch 02-09-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389745)
What potential? He's not the second coming of RG3 or Luck... I'm sure alot of fans thought the same when Blackledge was drafted..

Oh, get that $#it the **** out of here...

munkey 02-09-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9389741)
A HOF LT wins jack and shit until the team gets a QB.

A good offensive line can make a retread look awesome...get a clue...Andy knows what we need..to waste the first pick on a 3rd round prospect with the free agent market is just insane...

munkey 02-09-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9389755)
Oh, get that $#it the **** out of here...

I expect more from you Rausch...are you seriously on the Geno bandwagon??? Way to early for me to jump on...not with the #1 pick.. Sorry...

RealSNR 02-09-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

That's not the question, Bill O'Reilly.

We have the choice between Geno and Joeckel. You asked which is more likely, Joeckel as a HOF LT or Geno as a HOF QB. I said it doesn't matter because a HOF LT doesn't win you shit. Then you started talking about journeyman QBs.

You can't do that. We're talking about the rewards outweighing the risks. Right now the likelihood of Joeckel or Geno being HOF is low and negligible. You have to logically assume that Geno will be a HOF QB in order to balance the hypothetical.

Here it is again. A HOF LT gets you nothing. A HOF QB gets you immortality.

Take the QB over the LT. Every ****ing time. Especially when it's the difference between the potential for greatness of players like Joeckel and Geno.

Rausch 02-09-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389764)
I expect more from you Rausch...are you seriously on the Geno bandwagon??? Way to early for me to jump on...not with the #1 pick.. Sorry...

I'm on the "TAKE A ****ING QB WITH OUR BEST PICK IN TEAM HISTORY" bandwagon.

Gneo looks like the best prospect to me.

I could be wrong.

But I'll be ****ing ecstatic if the team drafts any QB that high and displays an even moderate level of knowing what the **** it takes to win in this league...

RealSNR 02-09-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Also, Albert isn't a HOF LT, but he's pretty good.

I'll ask again. Why has our offense struggled so ****ing much even though we've got our nice safe game manager QB and a ****ing RB who rivals Jim Brown's career YPC?

That should be a formula for playoffs every year. What gives?

munkey 02-09-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9389775)
I'm on the "TAKE A ****ING QB WITH OUR BEST PICK IN TEAM HISTORY" bandwagon.

Gneo looks like the best prospect to me.

I could be wrong.

But I'll be ****ing ecstatic if the team drafts any QB that high and displays an even moderate level of knowing what the **** it takes to win in this league...

I think everyone needs to keep in mind that Romeo is GONE...the offensive scheme is going to drastically change..Geno is NO Donavan Mcnabb...not even close...AND Reid is big on a dominate offense line...I just don't see how they can pass on Joeckel..unless he screws himself at the combine..

Coogs 02-09-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389758)
A good offensive line can make a retread look awesome...get a clue...Andy knows what we need..to waste the first pick on a 3rd round prospect with the free agent market is just insane...

Albert... 1st rounder
Allen... 2nd rounder
Hudson... 2nd rounder
Asamoah... 3rd rounder
Winston... FA

Stephenson... 3rd rounder

We have a pretty good O-line. Young too for the most part. Valuable experience was gained this last season or two for that group. Should gel into a very formidable group once Hudson gets back in the fold.

Set Geno up behind that line with Charles, Bowe, Breaston and a few others as weapons and we are good to go.

milkman 02-09-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389812)
I think everyone needs to keep in mind that Romeo is GONE...the offensive scheme is going to drastically change..Geno is NO Donavan Mcnabb...not even close...AND Reid is big on a dominate offense line...I just don't see how they can pass on Joeckel..unless he screws himself at the combine..

How much does improvement do you expect by replacing a top 10 LT with a new Lt?

DeezNutz 02-09-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389812)

McNabb was loved by fans when he came out, and he put up incredible numbers at Syracuse.

Saccopoo 02-09-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389739)
Spot on...let the raiders draft smith... He's a project..never took a snap in the NFL much less participated in the combine. I seriously don't get the Geno/love from everyone here...it's actually kinda sad...it's like theirs going to be a mass suicide if he's not taken...kinda weird..

You can't be serious.

By this estimation, every single QB coming into the NFL from college is a "project."

Let's pass on all of them.

Oh, wait.

We have.

And what has it yielded us?

Jack shit.

Geno is as good a QB prospect as you can get coming out of college. Experience. Size. Arm. Accuracy. Work ethic.

What else do you want from a QB prospect? Seriously. I'd like to know.

patteeu 02-09-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

But just to be clear, you'll be wrong on the most important point.

Saccopoo 02-09-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389758)

And how many playoff games did we win with two Hall of Famers (Roaf, Shields) and three All-Pro's (Waters, Wiegmann, Tait) on the same offensive line?

Let me clue you in - ****ING ZERO.

munkey 02-09-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9389822)
McNabb was loved by fans when he came out, and he put up incredible numbers at Syracuse.

And Geno has done what? Please remind everyone what his record was last year...you guys are delusional..

milkman 02-09-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9389839)
But just to be clear, you'll be wrong on the most important point.

Only in your mind.

I like Geno better than Wilson or Barkley, but I won't bitch if it's any ofthose guys.

It's well past the time for this team to risk failure in the persuit of championships.

DeezNutz 02-09-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389847)
And Geno has done what? Please remind everyone what his record was last year...you guys are delusional..

When evaluating NFL prospects, overall team record means a lot.

Please list your specific criticisms of Geno Smith's skill set to explain why you believe he should carry a third-round grade, as previously stated.

munkey 02-09-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9389843)
And how many playoff games did we win with two Hall of Famers (Roaf, Shields) and three All-Pro's (Waters, Wiegmann, Tait) on the same offensive line?

Let me clue you in - ****ING ZERO.

We didn't have a defense!!! Dumbass..

RealSNR 02-09-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Go ahead and argue that a QB's record in college matters, dumbass.

You will lose.

-King- 02-09-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

He didn't have a defense!!!! Dumbass..
Posted via Mobile Device

munkey 02-09-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9389861)
When evaluating NFL prospects, overall team record means a lot.

Please list your specific criticisms of Geno Smith's skill set to explain why you believe he should carry a third-round grade, as previously stated.

6-7...really? He's not a number one pick based on his collegiate record alone..he's never taken a snap on the NFL..what a stupid question..do your homework..go back and review what Andy wants in a QB...Geno's not it..sorry

NJChiefsFan 02-09-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389764)

Whatever. Not loving Geno is an opinion. Thinking you can win because of your offensive line is a silly opinion, a blind one actually. You need a very good QB to win. Trying to win with a great Oline and average QB is reckless.

munkey 02-09-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9389873)
Posted via Mobile Device

Really??? ROLF....why didn't he play on the senior bowl? Tell me...

-King- 02-09-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389889)

What does this have to do with anything? A lot of QBs choose not to play in the senior bowl. Nothing wrong with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman 02-09-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9389873)
Posted via Mobile Device

Or an O-Line, or RB.

munkey 02-09-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9389885)
Whatever. Not loving Geno is an opinion. Thinking you can win because of your offensive line is a silly opinion, a blind one actually. You need a very good QB to win. Trying to win with a great Oline and average QB is reckless.

One name..Trent Dilfer...

DeezNutz 02-09-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389883)
6-7...really? He's not a number one pick based on his collegiate record alone..he's never taken a snap on the NFL..what a stupid question..do your homework..go back and review what Andy wants in a QB...Geno's not it..sorry

I understand that you're trolling and that you've never seen a complete game that Smith has played.

RealSNR 02-09-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Andrew Luck never took a snap in the NFL before 2012. Must not be what Andy wants in a QB. Sorry.

munkey 02-09-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9389905)
Or an O-Line, or RB.

So that makes him the #1 pick??? Are you guys ****ing kidding me??? He's never faced and NFL defense...wow..

Saccopoo 02-09-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Okay. I'll play.

Geno's record was 7-6 his senior year.

He went for:

369/518
4205 yards
71.2% completion
42 TDs
6 Ints
163.9 rating

That's what Geno has done. That's a Heisman level season. That's as good as Luck and Griffin's final seasons. That's ridiculous level stuff. And that's not good enough? Especially when you factor in that the WVU was simply atrocious.

117 out of 124 in scoring defense.
122 out of 124 in passine defense.
38.1 point per game given up.

Geno was playing from behind in nearly every single game, forcing throws to keep his team in games and he still passed for a 71.2%?! That's nuts. The guy played his balls off all season, put up record breaking stats, has all the intangibles and that's not enough for you? You want a tackle who wasn't even the best offensive lineman on his own team rather than what Geno offers? JFC.

Oh, and if a win-loss is so important to you, do you recall what was Elways win-loss records every season he started at Stanford?

-King- 02-09-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389914)
So that makes him the #1 pick??? Are you guys ****ing kidding me??? He's never faced and NFL defense...wow..

Neither has any draft prospect in history. Or in the future.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman 02-09-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

In other words, you can't provide a legitimate critsism, other than team record.

How many games did John Elway win at Stanford?

NJChiefsFan 02-09-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Plenty of players don't go to the Senior Bowl. None of them play on it even when they do go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389906)
One name..Trent Dilfer...

Different NFL. If you can't understand that then it explains why you don't get it. Dilfer could not win a SB in today's NFL.

RealSNR 02-09-2013 04:32 PM

I think the QB at #1 trolls are far more successful than any Cassel troll campaign LA Chieffan ever tried to wage.

There are just so many of them that aren't always identifiable. munkey is a poster who never was on the Geno wagon, but his dumbassery in this conversation leads me to believe he genuinely is trolling now.

It's like the barbarian tribes nibbling away at the Roman empire. So hard to pinpoint all the trolls and ignore them.

munkey 02-09-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9389908)
I understand that you're trolling and that you've never seen a complete game that Smith has played.

I've stated this MANY times...he needs to blow up the combine..until then don't expect me to jump on the Geno wagon..as Andy said.. I good QB raises the play is his team mates...not a good record in college to indicate so...

NJChiefsFan 02-09-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9389926)
I think the QB at #1 trolls are far more successful than any Cassel troll campaign LA Chieffan ever tried to wage.

There are just so many of them that aren't always identifiable. munkey is a poster who never was on the Geno wagon, but his dumbassery in this conversation leads me to believe he genuinely is trolling now.

It's like the barbarian tribes nibbling away at the Roman empire. So hard to pinpoint all the trolls and ignore them.

It became obvious nobody really still believed in Cassel. Harder to distinguish trolling from stupid Chiefs fans because there are 1) so many of them and 2) a ton that will always believe you build the Oline before getting the QB

milkman 02-09-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389914)

Name me one college QB that has faced an NFL defense.

-King- 02-09-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389933)
I've stated this MANY times...he needs to blow up the combine..until then don't expect me to jump on the Geno wagon..as Andy said.. I good QB raises the play is his team mates...not a good record in college to indicate so...

You realizat his defense allowed 40+ points per game in his losses right? Hard to win when your team is doing that. Ask Trent Green.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 02-09-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

You are a pretty shitty troll.

You argue that you need an offensive line to win, but when the Chiefs fielded one of the best offensive lines in football and never won a playoff game you say it was because of the lack of defense.

You point out that Geno Smith went 7-6 in his senior year (after going 10-3 in his junior year and winning the BCS Orange Bowl over a heavily favored Clemson team) and 9-4 his sophomore year. Which means Geno Smith has never had a losing season in his three years as a starter at West Virginia and has an overall W-L record of 26-13.

And yet you fail to realize that the WVU defense in 2012 was ranked 117th out of 124.

You are arguing against yourself.

patteeu 02-09-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9389768)
That's not the question, Bill O'Reilly.

We have the choice between Geno and Joeckel. You asked which is more likely, Joeckel as a HOF LT or Geno as a HOF QB. I said it doesn't matter because a HOF LT doesn't win you shit. Then you started talking about journeyman QBs.

You can't do that. We're talking about the rewards outweighing the risks. Right now the likelihood of Joeckel or Geno being HOF is low and negligible. You have to logically assume that Geno will be a HOF QB in order to balance the hypothetical.

Here it is again. A HOF LT gets you nothing. A HOF QB gets you immortality.

Take the QB over the LT. Every ****ing time. Especially when it's the difference between the potential for greatness of players like Joeckel and Geno.

This is the kind of question people who have no clue about talent ask because it then just becomes a simple question to answer based on generic positional importance. It's all just random luck so let's swing for a QB, the most important position of all.

People who do this professionally, actually assess the quality of the individual players before making a choice in the draft. If they assess the LT and the QB to be equally talented (with equal needs at the positions), they'll end up picking the QB just like you want. The only reason they would pick Joeckel ahead of a QB would be if they decided the quality differential was great.