ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life ****Official 2013 Weight Loss Challenge**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268338)

Buck 01-11-2013 07:38 PM

OP is updated...I'll have a spreadsheet up at some point with everyone's starting weight and I'll ask for your new weight on Feb 1st (and the 1st of each month) so we can keep track.

luv 01-11-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9305802)
I've heard about that shit. It makes you stop eating.

I was on it years ago. It doesn't necessarily make you stop eating. I worked in production. When I was on it, I felt like I could make my quota plus two others. I could feel my hair grow. I got too used to that feeling. I had to go to the doctor monthly to have my blood pressure checked before he'd give a script for the following month. I eventually decided to have him wean me off of it. Yes, I lost weight, but I didn't like feeling like I was becoming addicted. Plus, I felt like I was cheating.

Buck 01-11-2013 08:03 PM

Sounds like Meth.

luv 01-11-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9306965)
Sounds like Meth.

It worked like meth...lol. I don't want to turn anyone off from it. It's just important that you know the risk factors. There's a reason why it's mot prescribed much anymore. I lost a ton of weight. But I didn't make the other necessary lifestyle changes to keep it off. In the long run, that's what it's really all about.

Buck 01-11-2013 11:02 PM

Just found this pic.

http://i.imgur.com/XJfwf.jpg?1

Buck 01-15-2013 10:19 PM

How's everyone doing?

Cmd'r&Chief 01-16-2013 12:29 PM

Weighed in this morning at 270...literally the fattest I've ever been. My weight loss challenge starts today! Enough is enough.

:My weight loss plan:

5-6 small meals a day:
Breakfast: Protein shake or fruit smoothie(alternate every day)

Snack

Lunch one of the following: soup / salad / protein shake

Snack

Dinner Post work out: steak/chicken, salad,

Snacks consist of protein bars, fruit smoothie, juice(fresh from juicer), 100 calorie snack packs

My work out will be 20-30 minutes I will be using "10 minute Trainer" which is P90x broken into 10 minute increments.

In 30 days will reevaluate my workout plan. Will likely increase to 30-40 minute workouts.

This worked out for me last year. I lost about 40 lbs in 2 months...I however got lazy, busy, and got off track. I have since put on the weight I lost, plus an additional 10 lbs.

I will keep everyone posted to share my progress.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-16-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9322782)
How's everyone doing?

I'm down over 10lbs. My food intake is good, alcohol is slowing way, way, down. Just need to find some consistancy in workouts. Gotta lose my quit.

Dartgod 01-16-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9322782)
How's everyone doing?

Yesterday was at 249, down 7 lbs with no exercise to speak of.

Cmd'r&Chief 01-16-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9324759)
I'm down over 10lbs. My food intake is good, alcohol is slowing way, way, down. Just need to find some consistancy in workouts. Gotta lose my quit.

Awesome job on losing 10lbs!

I would recommend for exercise plan 10 minute trainer. It really is effective. It's more effective if you do three 10 minute sessions versus only one. But still, 10 minutes of workout is better then none, and it's an easy goal to have. Only 10 minutes...you can handle 10 minutes right?

If you'd like the whole kit, it is rather expensive, but check that here
http://www.amazon.com/10-Minute-Trai...minute+trainer

A cheaper alternative would be to purchase the workout bands at Wal-Mart for $20 and download 10-minute Trainer from your favorite Torrent Site.

Cmd'r&Chief 01-16-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9325255)

From my experience, you can cut quite a bit of weight on diet alone. Imagine how much more you would have lost if you had exercised though! Awesome job, keep up the diet.

mnchiefsguy 01-16-2013 07:34 PM

Started low carbing today. Decided on low carb since my diabetes seems to be starting to spiral out of control, and I need to get a grip on my blood sugar as quickly as possible, and the less sugars/carbs I put into my body, the better it will be for me.

I have been sick the last few weeks with the crud that has been running around, and even spent the night in the hospital last week...the crud and the diabetes took their toll on me. I am feeling better, but am lacking energy. Hoping the low carb will give me a bit of a boost. My endocrinologist thinks I might have to get some testosterone shots, since my levels were off.

I tried this last year, and failed so miserably, I have some serious doubts about whether I can do this. I feel like I can't let food go, even though I know that is what I need to do.

I know I need exercise too, but I am going to start out slowly. Just walking at first. I think if I start to drop some weight, I will feel like doing more. Walking briskly is apparently good for blood sugar readings, so even after I add in more aerobic exercise/weights, etc., I will probably need to walk at least every other day for the rest of my life....walking is kind of boring, so the thought of that is kind of depressing.

Sorry for my rant, I am just not in a great place when it comes to weight and health...but it is what it is. I know that if I do not get things under control and lose some weight, it is going to kill me someday.

Buck 01-16-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9324759)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9325255)

Glad you guys are doing well. Exercise isn't necessary when it comes to losing weight, but it is important for your overall health.

Buck 01-16-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9326546)
Started low carbing today. Decided on low carb since my diabetes seems to be starting to spiral out of control, and I need to get a grip on my blood sugar as quickly as possible, and the less sugars/carbs I put into my body, the better it will be for me.

I have been sick the last few weeks with the crud that has been running around, and even spent the night in the hospital last week...the crud and the diabetes took their toll on me. I am feeling better, but am lacking energy. Hoping the low carb will give me a bit of a boost. My endocrinologist thinks I might have to get some testosterone shots, since my levels were off.

I tried this last year, and failed so miserably, I have some serious doubts about whether I can do this. I feel like I can't let food go, even though I know that is what I need to do.

I know I need exercise too, but I am going to start out slowly. Just walking at first. I think if I start to drop some weight, I will feel like doing more. Walking briskly is apparently good for blood sugar readings, so even after I add in more aerobic exercise/weights, etc., I will probably need to walk at least every other day for the rest of my life....walking is kind of boring, so the thought of that is kind of depressing.

Sorry for my rant, I am just not in a great place when it comes to weight and health...but it is what it is. I know that if I do not get things under control and lose some weight, it is going to kill me someday.

Hey man, I've been on a low-carb diet for over a year now. If you need help you can ask me any questions on here, or in a PM, or if you want I can give you my phone number and we can talk it out. I want to help you if you need the help.

mnchiefsguy 01-16-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9326572)
Hey man, I've been on a low-carb diet for over a year now. If you need help you can ask me any questions on here, or in a PM, or if you want I can give you my phone number and we can talk it out. I want to help you if you need the help.

Thank you, your offer of help means a lot, and it is greatly appreciated. I will be hitting you up with questions/etc.

My biggest obstacle is not the sugary sweets...it is the starchy carbs. I love pizza, bread, potatoes, etc.

When I find a good pizza replacement that fills my craving for it, that will make a huge difference! I miss pizza already, and it is just the first day.

Buck 01-16-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9326658)
Thank you, your offer of help means a lot, and it is greatly appreciated. I will be hitting you up with questions/etc.

My biggest obstacle is not the sugary sweets...it is the starchy carbs. I love pizza, bread, potatoes, etc.

When I find a good pizza replacement that fills my craving for it, that will make a huge difference! I miss pizza already, and it is just the first day.

This is where I come in and save you.

I make something that looks like this.

http://i.imgur.com/xpPFg.jpg

Brown 1 or 2 lbs of hamburger (seasoned to your taste)
Drain
Put back in pan
Add tomatoes / tomato sauce (optional)
Let cook on the burner on low for maybe 10 min (let the liquids in the tomatoes reduce a little)
Cover in mozzarella shredded cheese and pepperoni
Put in oven under broiler for 5-6 min to melt cheese

p.s. In the pic I only used 1 lb of hamburger meat, it was a wide pan though so it looks flat. I cook 2 lbs in that pan now.

mnchiefsguy 01-16-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9326697)

Drain
Put back in pan
Let cook on the burner on low for maybe 10 min (let the liquids in the tomatoes reduce a little)

p.s. In the pic I only used 1 lb of hamburger meat, it was a wide pan though so it looks flat. I cook 2 lbs in that pan now.

That looks really good. Will give it a try, and may even add in some Italian sausage too. Love the way the cheese browned, I think using the broiler must make a big difference.

Thanks!

Buck 01-16-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9326710)
That looks really good. Will give it a try, and may even add in some Italian sausage too. Love the way the cheese browned, I think using the broiler must make a big difference.

Thanks!

Yep, sometimes I do 1 lbs of hamburger and 1 lb of sausage.

The browning of the cheese is crucial in any faux-pizza.

mnchiefsguy 01-16-2013 08:35 PM

Hey Buck,

Did you suffer any of what they call the "carb flu" when you first started. I have a massive headache most of the day today, although I am giving up diet soda for water, so that may be due to a lack of caffeine.

Cmd'r&Chief 01-16-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9326546)

This is the perfect place to rant and vent. Nothing but encouragement here friend. Having done the low carb diet, I can speak the for the first week, you will have very little energy. So if you're hoping for energy, not gonna happen for the first week.

You're absolutely right about losing weight for healthy living. I think the plan you have prepared for yourself will work very well. Just don't give up because the results will come in baby steps. Keep on keepin on. Feel free to rant, and share any questions you might have.

Buck 01-16-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9326719)
Hey Buck,

Did you suffer any of what they call the "carb flu" when you first started. I have a massive headache most of the day today, although I am giving up diet soda for water, so that may be due to a lack of caffeine.

Yeah dude, it's your body adapting.

Get more sodium, make a cup of broth with bouillon if you have it, it will help a lot.

Pablo 01-16-2013 08:51 PM

Down ten pounds to 210. Just an apple for breakfast, salad for lunch, and a reasonable dinner and I'm good to go. No more soda or sweet drinks.

Booze is down to twice a week, so that will help.

KCUnited 01-16-2013 08:56 PM

For that busy body on the go. I'll take several eggs, some cooked sausage, spinach, cheese, or whatever. Whip it all together, pour in a muffin tin and bake it. Pop out little breakfast muffins for the entire week. Breakfast on the fly. I'll eat them cold in a pinch.

keg in kc 01-16-2013 09:06 PM

Last week's been a bit of a shambles for me. I decided I needed to shuffle my sleep around, which will be good long term (if I stick to it) but has me just dead physically. Lost a full week of running, which shouldn't be a big deal. Didn't impact my diet at all. 16 days, no dining out.

Cmd'r&Chief 01-16-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9326780)
Down ten pounds to 210. Just an apple for breakfast, salad for lunch, and a reasonable dinner and I'm good to go. No more soda or sweet drinks.

Booze is down to twice a week, so that will help.

Awesome job! Keep up the hard work. I would encourage you to research eating too few calories. If that's all you ate today, I'd be concerned that you're not eating enough calories. Though the immediate results are exciting, it slowly kills your metabolism. Cutting out soda and sweet drinks is an awesome start though! Keep on Keepin' on bro

Cmd'r&Chief 01-16-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9326841)
Last week's been a bit of a shambles for me. I decided I needed to shuffle my sleep around, which will be good long term (if I stick to it) but has me just dead physically. Lost a full week of running, which shouldn't be a big deal. Didn't impact my diet at all. 16 days, no dining out.

16 days into it? Dude you got this shit. I hope your body better adapts to your new sleep schedule. Best of Luck!

ArrowheadHawk 01-17-2013 07:27 AM

Down 11 pounds so far this month.

MagicHef 01-17-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9326658)

You can make a reasonable pizza crust out of cauliflower, eggs and cheese. I tried it and was surprised at how good it was, it tastes like cauliflower flavored pizza crust.

http://www.recipegirl.com/2012/01/16...awaiian-pizza/

mnchiefsguy 01-18-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9327813)
You can make a reasonable pizza crust out of cauliflower, eggs and cheese. I tried it and was surprised at how good it was, it tastes like cauliflower flavored pizza crust.

http://www.recipegirl.com/2012/01/ 1...awaiian-pizza/

Thanks for the link. I am hesitant to try it, because I am not a cauliflower fan, although if enough seasoning and garlic was added, that might hide the cauliflower taste.

Some folks claim there is no cauliflower taste, but with that much cauliflower in it, I am not sure how you can avoid it.

mnchiefsguy 01-18-2013 02:26 PM

Day three, and I think I am doing okay. Headaches have subsided, I have managed to keep my carb count well below 20, and my blood sugar has responded. Had some of the best glucose readings in awhile yesterday and today. Not sure if the weight loss has started to kick in, I will probably wait to weigh until I have being on the diet for a week or two.

The Franchise 01-18-2013 02:42 PM

Check out www.atkinsdietgeek.com

ArrowheadHawk 01-19-2013 08:52 AM

How do guys on diets handle drinking beer? I'm planning to keep my food calorie count normal and go ahead and have some beers today. I figure that is still better than before my diet. I figure as long as I only do this every other week I should be good.

mnchiefsguy 01-19-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9331158)

Thanks for the link, found several recipes I am going to have to try out!

I have been winging it the first few days of the diet...figuring out what I want to eat, and then my wife has been running to the store every day to get what I need. Today's goal is plan out some menu and make a complete list of what I need for the next 5-7 days, and hit the store to stock up. Meal planning will help keep me on track better I think, and minimize opportunities to fall off of the wagon.

Got a pedometer yesterday. Starting out with just walking for my exercise, since regular walking has a positive effect on my blood sugar, and I think my back will be more tolerate or more aerobic exercise once I drop some pounds. Went to the YMCA last night and walk for around 90 minutes and put in about 5000 steps. Going to try to make it back there this afternoon if I can.

Buck 01-21-2013 11:55 PM

MOTHER**** THIS BROKEN ANKLE!

I'm getting soft...fat...it ****ing sucks.

I've not been able to weigh myself at all, but I'm betting I've put on a good 5 lbs the last 2 weeks since I broke it.

1ChiefsDan 01-22-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9326697)

Drain
Put back in pan

Made this tonight with ground turkey, garlic, onion and black olives. It was great and the kids liked it too.

Brock 01-22-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9340663)
MOTHER**** THIS BROKEN ANKLE!

I'm getting soft...fat...it ****ing sucks.

I've not been able to weigh myself at all, but I'm betting I've put on a good 5 lbs the last 2 weeks since I broke it.

Wouldn't surprise me if you've actually lost weight, not that that's a good thing.

I'm curious if you can stand for any length of time. I have no idea what a broken ankle feels like or how it really limits you, but I wonder if there's any way you could get an effective cardio workout just with your upper body.

Buck 01-22-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9342885)
Wouldn't surprise me if you've actually lost weight, not that that's a good thing.

I'm curious if you can stand for any length of time. I have no idea what a broken ankle feels like or how it really limits you, but I wonder if there's any way you could get an effective cardio workout just with your upper body.

It doesn't hurt if I stand on it with my weight balanced correctly, but it can hurt if I move around. Mainly, my left leg is just weak as shit because I haven't been using it at all. I was taking a shower and my left knee buckled out of nowhere...

I'm just doing one-legged pushups for now.

Hootie 01-22-2013 08:38 PM

I've been impressing myself with my workouts as of late. I'm down to 192, and I feel FIT.

Today I beasted the treadmill and did my usual 6 intervals, and then ended with 3 more 2 minute intervals on 9.0 speed. Ran about 4 miles averaging 9 minutes per mile and feel like I could've kept going but wanted to get my lifts in.

I haven't gone every day like I've wanted to but I've been going 4 to 5 times a week and doing way more lifts than I originally anticipated.

I really, really like Planet Fitness.

Buck 01-22-2013 08:42 PM

How's their pizza? And god damn bro...I can't do a brisk walk for more than 5 minutes without fearing that I've used up too much energy for my lifts.

Hootie 01-22-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9343008)
How's their pizza? And god damn bro...I can't do a brisk walk for more than 5 minutes without fearing that I've used up too much energy for my lifts.

I've never done the pizza...feels awkward.

Running is really what I like doing at the gym, and was really my prime objective when I started working out again. I wanted to run every day because I feel like that's the best way to tone up.

I started out really struggling but doing pretty well...now I feel like I can just go and go and go. Today when I was done I did my lifts with no issue, plenty of energy.

I like this place because I get to run on the treadmill and stare at beautiful 19 year old girls butt cheeks...it's very motivating.

Hootie 01-22-2013 08:49 PM

and I put "girls" in there because I know everyone wonders about me

Brock 01-22-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9342957)
It doesn't hurt if I stand on it with my weight balanced correctly, but it can hurt if I move around. Mainly, my left leg is just weak as shit because I haven't been using it at all. I was taking a shower and my left knee buckled out of nowhere...

I'm just doing one-legged pushups for now.

What I was really wondering about is if you can wrap that ankle up good and do kettlebell swings.

Demonpenz 01-22-2013 09:20 PM

they have those bicycling thing for your arms. I would think you could burn calories with a hurt ankle by doing leg extensions leg curles weight lifting etc.

Demonpenz 01-22-2013 09:20 PM

hell work a punching bag for 30 minutes or so.

Buck 01-22-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9343100)
What I was really wondering about is if you can wrap that ankle up good and do kettlebell swings.

Not at all.

mnchiefsguy 01-25-2013 08:11 AM

Well, I have been low carb for nine days, minus a couple of minor hiccups. I have a Doctors appointment this afternoon, so I guess I will count that as my first official weigh-in!

Buck 01-25-2013 10:22 AM

Just curious what constitutes a minor hiccup?

AndChiefs 01-25-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9350136)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NksWfhZ_kV...rev+1%2529.jpg

mnchiefsguy 01-25-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9350136)

We were out with some friends from out of town on Sunday, and I wound up having some pasta since we ate out for lunch.

mnchiefsguy 01-25-2013 06:48 PM

I was not thinking in my earlier post, my Dr.'s appointment was at 2 o'clock, and I weighed in fully dressed. I did weigh myself this morning, so we will go with that weight for my first official weigh-in since starting: 273.6. Down 7.5 pounds in nine days so far, so I have no complaints. My blood sugar numbers have gotten drastically better as well.

Hootie 01-25-2013 07:10 PM

diet has never really been an issue for me since I've always had a good metabolism...but it's probably my biggest weakness

I have decent willpower and I don't eat a whole lot...but I can't quit BW3, pasta, fried foods...

I feel as long as I work out and run the 3-4 miles per day I've been doing, I'd lose weight no matter what I ate/how much I ate since I'm just not a problem eater.

Buck 01-25-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9351430)
diet has never really been an issue for me since I've always had a good metabolism...but it's probably my biggest weakness

I have decent willpower and I don't eat a whole lot...but I can't quit BW3, pasta, fried foods...

I feel as long as I work out and run the 3-4 miles per day I've been doing, I'd lose weight no matter what I ate/how much I ate since I'm just not a problem eater.

12 BW3 wings are like 2000 calories. I was shocked when I found out.

Hootie 01-25-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9351438)
12 BW3 wings are like 2000 calories. I was shocked when I found out.

yeah I tend to do the wrap there but I'm sure that's not much better for me considering I usually get it with the buffalo chips and cheese.

I just can't quit their hot sauce.

I also eat a lot of greasy mexican authentic steak tacos so I'm sure those aren't any better for me, either...

but I generally eat two meals a day and don't snack...I can't imagine I get over 3,000 calories per day very often...and some days I stick to healthy subs at Subway and I no longer drink regular soda and haven't for months...coffee, diet and water.

eating has never really been a problem for me...I do over-drink but I've noticed dramatic changes ever since I started running...my endurance in flag football is off the charts now...I've never smoked either so that's a plus.

Canofbier 01-25-2013 07:34 PM

I'm not going to read though this whole thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned before. I have a history of weight problems and experience with massive weight loss, as well as the weight gain that often creeps back afterwards.

After having lost over 100 pounds and then gaining back 30-40lbs of it, I've had a good amount of success recently with this app. I've found that if when I take it seriously and write in everything that I eat (and whatever exercise I do), I meet my goals a lot more frequently. I've lost a solid 10 lbs over the last couple of weeks just by using it. It's a nice little tool for holding yourself accountable for what you eat and what you do.

journeyscarab 01-26-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9351476)
I'm not going to read though this whole thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned before. I have a history of weight problems and experience with massive weight loss, as well as the weight gain that often creeps back afterwards.

After having lost over 100 pounds and then gaining back 30-40lbs of it, I've had a good amount of success recently with this app. I've found that if when I take it seriously and write in everything that I eat (and whatever exercise I do), I meet my goals a lot more frequently. I've lost a solid 10 lbs over the last couple of weeks just by using it. It's a nice little tool for holding yourself accountable for what you eat and what you do.

I use that app too! Very helpful! :thumb:

Great Expectations 01-26-2013 09:09 PM

Rode my bike 48 miles today and burned 3100 calories, but I'm s so hungry afterward that i've eaten 3500 calories since.

cdcox 01-26-2013 09:31 PM

I officially started the slow carb diet yesterday. Meal = (meat or eggs) + beans + veggies. I've struggled to get in 3 meals a day. Breakfast at 9:00, lunch around 2:00 and now it is 10:30 and I'm just getting hungry enough to eat dinner. Same thing yesterday. Really weird.

Dartgod 02-01-2013 06:25 AM

244 this morning, down 12 lbs for the month of January.

PBJ

cdcox 02-01-2013 06:49 AM

One week into my weight loss plan and I'm 185 down from 189.

ArrowheadHawk 02-01-2013 07:19 AM

257 - Down 14 pounds in one month

Mr. Flopnuts 02-01-2013 07:27 AM

Had some MAJOR setbacks this month. Not going into detail here, but if we're friends on Facebook you may have saw something about it. I yanked some of it down. 396. Hoping for a better February as I believe those issues are resolved, but not yet sure.

Dartgod 02-01-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9369509)
One week into my weight loss plan and I'm 185 down from 189.

You weigh 4 lbs now? :eek:

Saulbadguy 02-01-2013 07:51 AM

181!

Buck 02-01-2013 09:02 AM

Down 5.2 lbs for January.

MagicHef 02-01-2013 09:03 AM

Down 4 pounds in January, 12 pounds total since I started.

1ChiefsDan 02-01-2013 09:05 AM

Weighed in at 244.4. Down 7.2 pounds for January.

1ChiefsDan 02-01-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9369731)

Down 5.2 lbs for January.

What are you doing to lose weight with the broken ankle?

Buck 02-01-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9369575)
181!

Damn that's ****ing crazy. Nice month bro. I wanted to beat you.

Buck 02-01-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am The Walrus (Post 9369746)
What are you doing to lose weight with the broken ankle?

A lot of pushups. I upped my intake of protein this month too in order to minimize muscle loss. Not sure if it worked or not.

The Franchise 02-01-2013 10:20 AM

239. **** you January.

If excuses burned calories.....I'd be a skinny bitch.

cookster50 02-01-2013 10:21 AM

Frosty 02-01-2013 10:46 AM

Down 5 pounds, most of this last week.

Saulbadguy 02-01-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9369803)
Damn that's ****ing crazy. Nice month bro. I wanted to beat you.

The stomach virus kicked things off quickly. I usually average 5-6 lbs a month. I didn't exercise at all either.

Pablo 02-01-2013 12:22 PM

AndChiefs 02-01-2013 01:12 PM

lewdog 02-01-2013 05:51 PM

I have successfully gained 10 lbs.....on purpose!

Frosty 02-01-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9371287)

Yeah, that's what I tell myself every year too.

keg in kc 02-01-2013 06:53 PM

-4.6 for January.

I expect to do a bit better this month.

Ceej 02-01-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9371287)

You're such a stud muffin.

mnchiefsguy 02-02-2013 01:07 PM

270 for me, plus I get to have an MRI on my skull, since my blood work came back from the doctor, and apparently my pituratary (sp) gland is probably very little, if any, testosterone.
Doctor seems to think that that could be a factor in my body being insulin resistant. I have also read that having low T levels can not only cause fatigue, but cause weight gain (and thus prevent weight loss). Like dieting and exercise aren't hard enough as it.

Keeping my chin up though. Did not walk as much as I wanted this week, so I need to hit the Y today and get a few miles in.