ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

rico 10-29-2012 05:45 PM

I forgot this was a Wilson thread. As far as Tyler Wilson goes...the limited sample size that I've seen from him, he reminds me a bit of Christian Ponder.

KCBOSS1 10-29-2012 06:27 PM

I'm totally for Wilson, but then again I was totally for Mallett as well (still am). Wilson is a leader, he's a tough kid, will stand in the pocket and deliver. Very good accuracy. Razorbacks are not good (and I'm a Hog fan), giving him no protection and as of last week, he was leading the SEC in passing. I believe that he was the leading passer in the SEC last year. SEC has the most NFL like defenses in the NCAA. He has stood up under horrible circumstances this year. I haven't seen anyone in college playing against the level of defenses that he faces and deliver like he has overall.

ToxSocks 10-29-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBOSS1 (Post 9063662)
I'm totally for Wilson, but then again I was totally for Mallett as well (still am). Wilson is a leader, he's a tough kid, will stand in the pocket and deliver. Very good accuracy. Razorbacks are not good (and I'm a Hog fan), giving him no protection and as of last week, he was leading the SEC in passing. I believe that he was the leading passer in the SEC last year. SEC has the most NFL like defenses in the NCAA. He has stood up under horrible circumstances this year. I haven't seen anyone in college playing against the level of defenses that he faces and deliver like he has overall.

Im all in on Tyler Wilson. That's not to say he doesn't have some concerns, but imo, all three do. But i think Tyler has already seen a lot of what he'll see in the NFL and he's had success in the SEC, something the other two can't say.

Woodchuck 10-30-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9063448)
You can't downplay the character questions, though.

THE most important attribute in becoming a Super Bowl-winning QB is having the mentality for it. The "it" factor.

All the talent in the world isn't going to help you if you don't have "it". Just ask Phillip Rivers.

I agree 100% but, why do you think Geno has "it?" Out of the three, he is the least clutch in my opinion. If he gets behind by a couple of scores, it seems to be over.

ncCHIEFfan 10-30-2012 06:37 AM

I lived in AR for 18 years. Big fan of the Hogs. Wilson is 5x the QB Mallett was.

Having that said, if our beloved Chiefs do not fix the FO problem, bring in good coaching,

none of these QBs are going to heal our pain!

Woodchuck 10-30-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncCHIEFfan (Post 9064966)
I lived in AR for 18 years. Big fan of the Hogs. Wilson is 5x the QB Mallett was.

Having that said, if our beloved Chiefs do not fix the FO problem, bring in good coaching,

none of these QBs are going to heal our pain!

I would not be suprised to see Wilson go #1 overall when it is all said and done.

htismaqe 10-30-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9064959)
I agree 100% but, why do you think Geno has "it?" Out of the three, he is the least clutch in my opinion. If he gets behind by a couple of scores, it seems to be over.

This was a discussion about Bray.

When it comes to character, an incomplete grade is better than a negative grade.

Geno does what he is asked to do. That's the way it is in college. More than ever before, guys aren't being prepared to play in the NFL, they're being inserted into crazy motion and read offenses in an attempt to win college football games. Teams have finally figured out that these kinds of offenses can elevate a 2nd-tier team into a contender. Look at the QBs taken early the last few years.

Rasputin 10-30-2012 06:50 AM

Am going make a bold prediction & based off of Jerry Jones love for the Razorbacks. I predict the Cowboys trading up to get this kid. I'd love to see him as a Chief but I think Jerry Jones is going target the kid and hope that means he leaves Barkley or Geno Smith alone. The Cowboys are going be in the market for a QB and they are a player in the draft to contend with. ****ing DallASS Cowboys.

Woodchuck 10-30-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9064975)
This was a discussion about Bray.

When it comes to character, an incomplete grade is better than a negative grade.

Geno does what he is asked to do. That's the way it is in college. More than ever before, guys aren't being prepared to play in the NFL, they're being inserted into crazy motion and read offenses in an attempt to win college football games. Teams have finally figured out that these kinds of offenses can elevate a 2nd-tier team into a contender. Look at the QBs taken early the last few years.

I hear you but, Geno hasn't shown he has "it" imo. When the game is on the line, he generally doesn't make the play that the QB has to make. For example, when you are down 21-7, you have to convert the 3rd and 5 to keep the drive going. He doesn't do that and he seems to lose his composure when he gets behind. He's not the least bit clutch in my opinion. He will have more opprotunities to prove he can do this.

suds79 10-30-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9063431)
That's what I like about Bray. He may be douchey and potentially immature, but seems to step it up, even against the good D's. Coming into the season, the top 3 guys I wanted to draft in order were; 1.) Bray, 2.) Smith, 3.) Barkley/Wilson.....a few games in this season, it switched to 1.) Smith, 2.) Barkley, 3.) Bray (mostly because his doucheyness, 4.) Wilson. Now I'm teeter-tottering with 1.) Bray/Wilson, 3.) Barkley, 4.) Wilson. I think this Bray kid has got some awesome potential....it's just the character questions that concern me.

Coming into the season I liked Bray the most also. Was used to the toughest competition on the SEC, had the size, has the best arm.

But then after watching him play several times this year, I'm convinced he should stay in school. He's just not ready. This guy if he is everything he's suppose to be should be dominating college football and he just isn't.

ncCHIEFfan 10-30-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9064974)
I would not be suprised to see Wilson go #1 overall when it is all said and done.

I think he has at least equal NFL potential as any other prospect this year.

MahiMike 10-30-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9064993)
I hear you but, Geno hasn't shown he has "it" imo. When the game is on the line, he generally doesn't make the play that the QB has to make. For example, when you are down 21-7, you have to convert the 3rd and 5 to keep the drive going. He doesn't do that and he seems to lose his composure when he gets behind. He's not the least bit clutch in my opinion. He will have more opprotunities to prove he can do this.

I agree on the composure aspect. Big red flag to me.

htismaqe 10-30-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9065006)
Coming into the season I liked Bray the most also. Was used to the toughest competition on the SEC, had the size, has the best arm.

But then after watching him play several times this year, I'm convinced he should stay in school. He's just not ready. This guy if he is everything he's suppose to be should be dominating college football and he just isn't.

Jay Cutler has the size, the best arm, and was tested against SEC competition too.

Sometimes guys just aren't winners.

Woodchuck 10-30-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9065076)
Jay Cutler has the size, the best arm, and was tested against SEC competition too.

Sometimes guys just aren't winners.

Jay Cutler is a winner though. He wins in the NFL. I have no idea where you are coming from? Hell, he won some games at Vanderbilt and was the 2005 SEC Offensive Player of the Year. Do you know how hard it is to win at Vanderbilt? That's where smart people go to school. It's hard to get in there.

Some of you guys need to come back down to earth and quit talking Superbowls etc. We would be lucky to have Cutler. I have no idea how you can even begin to think that any of these three QBs will have a better career than Cutler. None of them have shown enough to warrant that opinion from what I have seen.

and I don't even like Jay Cutler....

htismaqe 10-30-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9065281)
Jay Cutler is a winner though. He wins in the NFL. I have no idea where you are coming from?

Some of you guys need to come back down to earth and quit talking Superbowls etc. We would be lucky to have Cutler. I have no idea how you can even begin to think that any of these three QBs will have a better career than Cutler. None of them have shown enough to warrant that opinion from what I have seen.

You have the biggest double standard on QBs. You have no credibility on the subject.

Cutler is a royal douche. There is NOTHING to like about him unless you're a Jeff George fan.

MIAdragon 10-30-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9065281)
Jay Cutler is a winner though. He wins in the NFL. I have no idea where you are coming from? Hell, he won some games at Vanderbilt and was the 2005 SEC Offensive Player of the Year. Do you know how hard it is to win at Vanderbilt? That's where smart people go to school. It's hard to get in there.

Lolz, would we by "lucky" to have Rex Grossman, Mark Sanchez or Kordell Stewart? They are all "winners" in your book. They all have the same wining percentage in the NFL. No thanks, we need to aim a tad higher than this.

Woodchuck 10-30-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9065288)
You have the biggest double standard on QBs. You have no credibility on the subject.

Cutler is a royal douche. There is NOTHING to like about him unless you're a Jeff George fan.

I do? ROFL

You say you want a QB with the "it" factor and you hitch your wagon to Geno Smith?

Personally, I don't think you know half of what you are talking about most of the time. Maybe it's because you don't have credibility with me?

I mean, look at this argument. You're the one that brought Cutler up asking for this but you really don't know a damn thing about the guy.

Bears fans seem to like him. They went through exactly what we went through trying to get a QB. Look at them now. They have the best shot at winning a Superbowl since 1985. I think we'd be lucky to have him.

http://www.dabears.com/showthread.ph...different-quot

Woodchuck 10-30-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 9065304)
Lolz, would we by "lucky" to have Rex Grossman, Mark Sanchez or Kordell Stewart? They are all "winners" in your book. They all have the same wining percentage in the NFL. No thanks, we need to aim a tad higher than this.

Cutler is above the level of those QBs. He has the "it" factor. 13 fourth quarter comebacks and 17 game-winning drives is pretty damn good in six years.

Look at that 2006 draft and tell me if you see similarities?

Here's the order the first round QBs taken back then:

1. Vince Young - system QB

2. Matt Leinart - big shot USC guy

3. Jay Cutler - played for a bad team in the SEC

Don't most expect:

1. Geno Smith - system QB

2. Matt Barkley - big shot USC guy

3. Tyler Wilson - played for a bad team in the SEC

There is plenty to like about Cutler compared to those other 2006 guys.

htismaqe 10-30-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9065322)
I do? ROFL

You say you want a QB with the "it" factor and you hitch your wagon to Geno Smith?

I haven't hitched my wagon to anybody.

I like Smith's potential.

htismaqe 10-30-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9065332)
Cutler is above the level of those QBs. He has the "it" factor.

Yep, you're clueless.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-30-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9065353)
Yep, you're clueless.

OMG, did he really say "Cutler"?

LMAO

htismaqe 10-30-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9065607)
OMG, did he really say "Cutler"?

LMAO

He said Cutler has "it". :hmmm:

Woodchuck 10-30-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9065798)

It's not like he showed it the day before yesterday or anything ROFL. This is what "it" looks like on paper.

Quote:

Chicago Bears at 2:27

1st and 10 at CHI 22

(Shotgun) J.Cutler pass short middle to M.Forte to CHI 26 for 4 yards (L.Kuechly).

2nd and 6 at CHI 26

(No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Cutler pass short left to B.Marshall to CHI 34 for 8 yards (J.Norman).

1st and 10 at CHI 34

(Shotgun) J.Cutler pass short left to E.Bennett to CHI 46 for 12 yards (C.Munnerlyn).

1st and 10 at CHI 46

(No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Cutler pass short left to B.Marshall to CAR 47 for 7 yards (L.Kuechly).

2nd and 3 at CAR 47

(No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Cutler pass incomplete short left to E.Bennett.

3rd and 3 at CAR 47

(Shotgun) J.Cutler pass short middle to B.Marshall to CAR 36 for 11 yards (C.Munnerlyn).

1st and 10 at CAR 36

(No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Cutler pass short left to B.Marshall to CAR 26 for 10 yards (J.Norman).

1st and 10 at CAR 26

(No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Forte right guard to CAR 23 for 3 yards (C.Johnson).

Timeout #3 by CHI at 00:04.

2nd and 7 at CAR 23

(Field Goal formation) R.Gould 41 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-P.Mannelly, Holder-A.Podlesh.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?ga...28003&period=4

Ebolapox 10-30-2012 12:28 PM

I'm shocked anybody takes his opinions seriously. major league tard is black rob.

Ebolapox 10-30-2012 12:30 PM

he's a racist mother****er too. he walked in on me ****ing his whore of a mother, but only freaked out because I'm black. ****ed him up mentally, so he went to a therapist. one day, he walked in me sticking my dick in the white therapist lady's ass. he ran out of the room crying like a little bitch. hell, he flinches when he sees anybody black. he's a racist piece of shit and should be advised that racism isn't allowed on this forum.

racist asshole. we black people are people too--same ****ing species and everything. **** off, you racist dickhead.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-30-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9065798)

I suppose herpes + suckage can constitute "it"...

ChiefsCountry 10-30-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h5n1 (Post 9065839)
I'm shocked anybody takes his opinions seriously. major league tard is black rob.

This. He has to be the stupidest ****er ever on here and that is saying something.

htismaqe 10-30-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9065824)
It's not like he showed it the day before yesterday or anything ROFL. This is what "it" looks like on paper.

ROFL

"IT" looks like THIS:

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos...7E-x-large.jpg

Not this:

http://blog.leagueplus.net/wp-conten...09/Cutler1.jpg

Woodchuck 10-30-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9066025)
ROFL

"IT" looks like THIS:

Not this:

:facepalm: I finally understand you.

You are the guy that buys $1,000 worth of lottery tickets when the lottery gets over $200 million.

htismaqe 10-30-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9066047)
:facepalm: I finally understand you.

You are the guy that buys $1,000 worth of lottery tickets when the lottery gets over $200 million.

Nope. Your analogy is dumb.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-30-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9066055)
Nope. Your analogy is dumb.

I propose that the mods change his name to "Geno's Chocolate Penis".

Titty Meat 10-30-2012 02:29 PM

Have we seen anything from any of these guys where we can say he has "it"?

Pasta Little Brioni 10-30-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9066061)
I propose that the mods change his name to "Geno's Chocolate Penis".

ROFL Seconded

Woodchuck 10-30-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9066172)

Wilson has definately shown it the most out of the three. However, the more I read about Mike Glennon, QB NC State, the more I like. He looks like the most clutch of the three. He also looks like the best leader. He has shown "it" multiple times and has led them back in some big games. He converted two 4th downs and a TD in the final minute to beat #3 ranked Florida State this year. That's exactly the sort of thing we need. Check out yesterday's article by Bucky Brooks from .

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265929

Sorter 10-30-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9066180)
ROFL Seconded

Thirded

htismaqe 10-30-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9066172)

No.

But we've certainly seen enough of Jay Cutler to know he doesn't have "it".

gohogs14 10-30-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9063543)
I forgot this was a Wilson thread. As far as Tyler Wilson goes...the limited sample size that I've seen from him, he reminds me a bit of Christian Ponder.

I dont think thats a terrible comparison, but Wilson has a stronger arm

Mr_Tomahawk 11-03-2012 10:28 AM

Game on.

ToxSocks 11-03-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9079427)
Game on.

He had a nice first drive.

NewChief 11-03-2012 11:08 AM

Whoever says his toughness is questionable is ****ing nuts. He's just been absolutely hammered in this game as well, and he just keeps getting up.

ILChief 11-03-2012 11:17 AM

I keep going back and forth between Wilson, Geno, and Barkley. I guess it really depends on the coach/offense we have. If it's a west coast offense, then Barkley would be the best guy. If it's a wide open/spread offense, then Geno. Wilson would probably be OK in any type of offense. The other two really need a scheme to fit their strengths.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-03-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9079519)
I keep going back and forth between Wilson, Geno, and Barkley. I guess it really depends on the coach/offense we have. If it's a west coast offense, then Barkley would be the best guy. If it's a wide open/spread offense, then Geno. Wilson would probably be OK in any type of offense. The other two really need a scheme to fit their strengths.

Genobators will light you up if they see this...

ILChief 11-03-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9079535)
Genobators will light you up if they see this...

Probably.

O.city 11-03-2012 11:30 AM

Wilson has stood in and delivered good throws against pressure. However a lot of his throws are short to wrs letting them make plays

NewChief 11-03-2012 11:33 AM

Horrible throw for a pick. His stock is plummeting.

O.city 11-03-2012 11:34 AM

Turrible throw there

Rausch 11-03-2012 11:35 AM

I like him.

Footwork is good, nice drop back, average arm...

RealSNR 11-03-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9079519)
The other two really need a scheme to fit their strengths.

Get a brain.

ILChief 11-03-2012 11:37 AM

Wilson will be the third QB taken, probably in the 10-15 range. If we end up with him it is because we traded down

ILChief 11-03-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9079560)
Get a brain.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--umsTrXBdg...ain-morans.jpg

You forgot Moran :)

Mr_Tomahawk 11-03-2012 12:13 PM

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
Wilson shows some arm strength on that hitch route.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-03-2012 01:43 PM

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
Tyler Wilson with a good strike, then under thrown deep ball WR adjusted and a quick strike on the screen. 60+ yds in 3 plays.

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
OH MY!! Tyler Wilson gets lit up by a free blitz but good throw and conversion. Unreal! Pops back up and ready to go next play.

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
You want to know how dumb Arkansas coaching staff is? QB has been killed on every PA attempt. So they run a PA/Boot wheel route.

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
Tyler Wilson knocked down 8 times in the game. 1 sack.

Sorter 11-03-2012 01:53 PM

Arkansas's coaching staff is solely responsible for Wilson's lack of improvement this season, IMO.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-03-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9079878)
Arkansas's coaching staff is solely responsible for Wilson's lack of improvement this season, IMO.

No shit.

NewChief 11-03-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9079878)

Uhhh. Yeah. Another year under Bobby Petrino, and Wilson is probably the top QB pick of the draft.

gohogs14 11-04-2012 12:17 AM

With South Carolina and LSU coming up im not sure if i want to see how hard he's going to be hit against those DL's...i think him playing hurt is affecting him too

Cobi Hamilton is money though

ncCHIEFfan 11-04-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9079971)
Uhhh. Yeah. Another year under Bobby Petrino, and Wilson is probably the top QB pick of the draft.

No doubt in my mind

Woodchuck 11-04-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9079971)

Absolutely

Chief Roundup 11-04-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gohogs14 (Post 9081699)

Cobi Hamilton is money though

That guys bears watching. He is getting a lot of Andre Johnson comparisons.

ToxSocks 11-04-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9079560)
Get a brain.

I know you are a big time Geno Ball Washer, but if you're honest with yourself, Geno was not the best QB yesterday. He looked the most raw of the three. Every game that goes by, i think both Barkely and Wilson are making a case that they should be drafted ahead of Geno.

Geno looks lost in the pocket. When his recievers are blanketed, he starts looking like Cassel.

Yeah, i said it. Like Cassel. He does not play well under pressure.

Imon Yourside 11-04-2012 11:22 AM

I'm starting to warm up a bit to Tyler Wilson, some really good arguments being made for him.

ToxSocks 11-04-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9082219)
I'm starting to warm up a bit to Tyler Wilson, some really good arguments being made for him.

Gotta watch the games. Hell, i didn't believe in Barkely till i actually sat down and watched him these last few weeks. Previously i had just been listening to people here.

Big Mistake.

Three horse race right here. All 3 have Warts, all 3 have Elite potential.

htismaqe 11-04-2012 01:09 PM

I said it a couple of weeks ago - I've warmed up considerably to the idea of drafting Wilson.

I have real concerns about his leadership but it is pretty obvious he is in a situation that doesn't allow one to demonstrate much leadership.

Geno's footwork REALLY worries me.

rabblerouser 11-04-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8913188)
Geno Smith vs Tyler Wilson.

I'd rather have a root canal than either one.

Messier 11-04-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9082629)
I'd rather have a root canal than either one.

Who would you like as the Chiefs QB next season?

Chiefnj2 11-04-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9082232)
All 3 have Warts, all 3 have Elite potential.

I'm not sure of the "elite" potential for any of them.

suds79 11-04-2012 01:51 PM

Watched the Tulsa game yesterday.

Saw a lot of things I liked. He's tough. Accurate & has a strong arm.

One consistent thing I saw that I didn't like was he throws off his back foot alot when facing pressure up the middle.

There was his first throw of the day (I believe) where he stood in there, stepped into this throw, took a massive shot but threw a pretty ball down the sideline. It was great. The rest of the game though? Would consistently throw off his back foot fading away against pressure up the middle and relying on his arm to hit those short crossing routes... Completed a lot of them but on the ones where it would be short, it was easy to see why.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-04-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9082731)

One consistent thing I saw that I didn't like was he throws off his back foot alot when facing pressure up the middle.

There was his first throw of the day (I believe) where he stood in there, stepped into this throw, took a massive shot but threw a pretty ball down the sideline. It was great. The rest of the game though? Would consistently throw off his back foot fading away against pressure up the middle and relying on his arm to hit those short crossing routes... Completed a lot of them but on the ones where it would be short, it was easy to see why.

Geno wouldn't be able to handle half the shots Wilson has taken thus far this season...

rico 11-04-2012 01:55 PM

Wilson = Ponder.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-04-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9082747)
Wilson = Ponder.

How...?

suds79 11-04-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9082739)
Geno wouldn't be able to handle half the shots Wilson has taken thus far this season...

Maybe so. I mean that 1st shot to talked about was about as big of a hit as you could take. But to his credit, he stood in there.

I don't know if that shot effected him the rest of the game but just relaying what I saw.

Overall I liked what I saw.

suds79 11-04-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9082747)
Wilson = Ponder.

I don't think Ponder has the arm Wilson has.

NewChief 11-04-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9082731)

This is the second game in a row where he's taken a big shot early then been somewhat rattled the rest of the game (last week, he actually got diagnosed with a hip pointer after the game, I believe). It's strange, because he took shots last year (the 'Bama game last year was UGLY) and kept on stepping in and delivering the ball. I think the hopelessness of this team has gotten to him. On top of that, there's no Bobby Petrino to hold their feet to the fire when they **** up. I'm not making excuses, but I can't really figure out why he seems to get more rattled this year than he did last year from those hard hits. He's still tough as shit, though.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-04-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9082753)
I don't think Ponder has the arm Wilson has.

He does'nt.

I don't know why people make this comparison.

If anything, I would compare Wilson to Rivers.

Sorter 11-04-2012 01:58 PM

He doesn't.

O.city 11-04-2012 01:58 PM

Last years luck and griffin have some what blinded people about prospects.

Most years the top guys aren't locks like they were. Newton, Ryan , Big Ben, Eli etc had some question marks. Not all big ones but some questions

rico 11-04-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9082749)
How...?

In almost every facet of the game, imo. Same size. He's a gunslinger with intangibles and ability to complete the throws necessary to succeed in the NFL. However, he has similar durability concerns as Ponder and the questionable decisions he makes every once in a while seem Ponder-esque to me. I consider him a mid-to-late 1st round pick...where Ponder should have been. Comparing him to Ponder isn't necessarily a bad thing...Ponder has flashed and he may improve... I just don't think Wilson is worth a top 1-5 pick where I am assuming the Chiefs will be selecting.

milkman 11-04-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9082828)
In almost every facet of the game, imo. Same size. He's a gunslinger with intangibles and ability to complete the throws necessary to succeed in the NFL. However, he has similar durability concerns as Ponder and the questionable decisions he makes every once in a while seem Ponder-esque to me. I consider him a mid-to-late 1st round pick...where Ponder should have been. Comparing him to Ponder isn't necessarily a bad thing...Ponder has flashed and he may improve... I just don't think Wilson is worth a top 1-5 pick where I am assuming the Chiefs will be selecting.

Wilson has durability concerns?

rico 11-04-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9082762)
He does'nt.

I can see that. Minus the odd delivery. Kind of a Rivers/Cutler combo, as ironic as that is considering those 2 hate each other.

htismaqe 11-04-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9082762)
He does'nt.

That's not a good thing, IMO.