ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Anthem (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315741)

keg in kc 02-07-2019 06:27 PM

:deevee:
Quote:

Originally Posted by LanTera (Post 14095028)
Well I heard that if this game won't be success, then Bioware will ge gone

Since they are pretty far along in development on the next Dragon Age game I'm thinking that's not likely.

Imon Yourside 02-08-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14096576)
:deevee:Since they are pretty far along in development on the next Dragon Age game I'm thinking that's not likely.

I wish they wouldn't waste their time doing the Dragon Age series, at least do a Mass Effect game.

keg in kc 02-08-2019 03:32 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DPf-EATqFng" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Clyde Frog 02-08-2019 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14097877)
I wish they wouldn't waste their time doing the Dragon Age series, at least do a Mass Effect game.

Mass Effect is probably dead. The last one was so terribly bad that they just straight cut all dev for DLC's and support for the awful "PVP".

keg in kc 02-08-2019 05:39 PM

Mass Effect isn't dead. They're working on 5. It's just not as far along as the next Dragon Age. We'll probably start seeing DA stuff this spring/at E3.

keg in kc 02-08-2019 05:43 PM

Interesting read on Anthem's lore: https://www.gamesradar.com/anthem-story-lore-explained/

Imon Yourside 02-08-2019 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 14098062)
Mass Effect is probably dead. The last one was so terribly bad that they just straight cut all dev for DLC's and support for the awful "PVP".

Andromeda was created by a totally different now gone part of Bioware.

Imon Yourside 02-11-2019 01:29 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LbA4uiwPG3w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 02-13-2019 10:33 AM

This is going to be a long ****ing eight days.

I literally have not played anything else since the demo ended.

Imon Yourside 02-13-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14104415)

I've been going back and forth on many games, played some Destiny 2 last night and didn't hate it like usual. That being said I caved and i'm playing it this friday. Yes evil EA wins and gets my extra $15 to play a week early. :D

Aspengc8 02-13-2019 02:44 PM

opens up tomorrow night for Origin Premiere members ;]
anyone playing?

htismaqe 02-13-2019 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14104415)

I'm just glad to see you posted today. I've been worried about you possibly going all Korean on us.

Mecca 02-13-2019 11:40 PM

I saw that ridiculous release chart for shit you get for buying this game...stuff like that makes me hate companies.

Imon Yourside 02-14-2019 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14105671)
I saw that ridiculous release chart for shit you get for buying this game...stuff like that makes me hate companies.

What chart do you mean? and what pisses you off?

007 02-14-2019 03:54 PM

Absolutely hated the gun play in anthem. Destiny has me so spoiled it's hard to play any other shooter.

keg in kc 02-14-2019 06:19 PM

Guns are really secondary in anthem. It's more about gear. There's also the whole first person versus third person thing. Anthem's gonna feel different regardless. For me, mixing the flight in with the combat is more fun than anything I did in Destiny 1 or 2.

It's all going to come down to the story for me. The lore is really interesting, as is exploring the world in Freeplay. The challenge system and unlocking blueprints is the kind of grinding I like. I just need enough content to keep me invested over the long haul. That's where both Destiny games really failed for me. Destiny 2 had much better storytelling than 1, there just wasn't nearly enough. I hope Anthem delivers. No way to know yet. Looking at the achievements it could be ten missions. Or it could be twenty or thirty.

keg in kc 02-14-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14105613)
I'm just glad to see you posted today. I've been worried about you possibly going all Korean on us.

I've been working a ton lately. On vacation starting next Wednesday, so trying to get everything set.

007 02-14-2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14107005)
Guns are really secondary in anthem. It's more about gear. There's also the whole first person versus third person thing. Anthem's gonna feel different regardless. For me, mixing the flight in with the combat is more fun than anything I did in Destiny 1 or 2.

It's all going to come down to the story for me. The lore is really interesting, as is exploring the world in Freeplay. The challenge system and unlocking blueprints is the kind of grinding I like. I just need enough content to keep me invested over the long haul. That's where both Destiny games really failed for me. Destiny 2 had much better storytelling than 1, there just wasn't nearly enough. I hope Anthem delivers. No way to know yet. Looking at the achievements it could be ten missions. Or it could be twenty or thirty.

I just could not stand the gameplay in the demo. Plus I can only deal with one grindy game and destiny scratches that itch just fine for me.

Imon Yourside 02-15-2019 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14106715)
Absolutely hated the gun play in anthem. Destiny has me so spoiled it's hard to play any other shooter.

The guns in Destiny just feel really generic as does most of the game, i love the combo format of Mass Effect which is pretty close to Anthem. Mass Effect 3 was one of the greatest mp games ever even though it lacked serious depth. Anthem to me fits in the same mold and makes me feel powerful, something I never have felt in Destiny. Division has some of the coolest gunplay but I much prefer cover shooters to first person.

Yes the guns in Anthem seem way underpowered, not sure if they'll change that up or not.

Imon Yourside 02-15-2019 09:05 AM

Story is setting up quite nicely, seems like a lot to do at least early game.

Aspengc8 02-15-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14107677)
Story is setting up quite nicely, seems like a lot to do at least early game.

Yeah Im definitely enjoying it so far. Love how the blueprints are tied to the weapon challenges. Kinda lets guns you like 'level' with you.

keg in kc 02-15-2019 07:41 PM

I was glad to see the worries about the cosmetics shop after the pic leak a couple weeks back ended up being baseless.

6 days to go. Unfortunately I only work on two of them (never thought I'd say that...) so there'll be some long days waiting.

keg in kc 02-15-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 14108997)
Yeah Im definitely enjoying it so far. Love how the blueprints are tied to the weapon challenges. Kinda lets guns you like 'level' with you.

And the fact that there are so many challenges gives you a reason to use different weapons instead of just sticking with two. Ditto for gear. It's a completionists wet dream.

Imon Yourside 02-16-2019 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14109221)
And the fact that there are so many challenges gives you a reason to use different weapons instead of just sticking with two. Ditto for gear. It's a completionists wet dream.

Get a pc and get on with us. :D

Imon Yourside 02-20-2019 11:49 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vJxb_BLKDno" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GYn8ORju7d8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pants 02-21-2019 01:03 AM

I have Premier and started playing this last night. I'm only a few hours in (level 4).

Initial impressions:

Love the way the guns feel.

Flying around is pretty cool.

This is by far the most gorgeous game I have ever played. BioWare KILLED with the graphics. I'm running it on everything Ultra at 1440p at a steady 80+ FPS and it is jaw-dropping.

Holy ****, there sure seems a shit ton of things to do.

Imon Yourside 02-21-2019 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 14117203)
I have Premier and started playing this last night. I'm only a few hours in (level 4).

Initial impressions:

Love the way the guns feel.

Flying around is pretty cool.

This is by far the most gorgeous game I have ever played. BioWare KILLED with the graphics. I'm running it on everything Ultra at 1440p at a steady 80+ FPS and it is jaw-dropping.

Holy ****, there sure seems a shit ton of things to do.

Just don't watch 99% of the reviews, I formed my own opinion much like you and i'm at the endgame. I really like the way it feels and even the story was decent, unlike other loot shooters. It's a blast to fly around and kill things, hope you feel the same after completing the story.

Aspengc8 02-21-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14117207)
Just don't watch 99% of the reviews, I formed my own opinion much like you and i'm at the endgame. I really like the way it feels and even the story was decent, unlike other loot shooters. It's a blast to fly around and kill things, hope you feel the same after completing the story.

The reviews wouldn't be so bad if they dropped the 6gb "day 1" patch last thursday instead of last night. Either way, the combat mechanics far out-weigh the negatives for me. I just hit lvl 30 last night and started running freeplay and strongholds on grandmaster 1.. its pretty insane.

Imon Yourside 02-21-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 14117268)
The reviews wouldn't be so bad if they dropped the 6gb "day 1" patch last thursday instead of last night. Either way, the combat mechanics far out-weigh the negatives for me. I just hit lvl 30 last night and started running freeplay and strongholds on grandmaster 1.. its pretty insane.

I disagree, many of the youtubers seem to have an agenda or are looking for clickbait. Many of the reviews i've watched are flat out misleading and disenguine. I've lost respect for a few I thought were decent and found a few more I have zero interest in watching again. The EA hate crowd is out in full force, many of which have had a beef with them in the past and discount this game solely for that reason.

Jerm 02-21-2019 11:08 AM

I like what I'm hearing from you guys...excited...

Aspengc8 02-21-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14117570)
I disagree, many of the youtubers seem to have an agenda or are looking for clickbait. Many of the reviews i've watched are flat out misleading and disenguine. I've lost respect for a few I thought were decent and found a few more I have zero interest in watching again. The EA hate crowd is out in full force, many of which have had a beef with them in the past and discount this game solely for that reason.

There are always going to be EA haters. The day 1 patch seemed to help a ton of people that were complaining about the extreme loading times and other technical issues that a lot of the community was hoping to be patched for the early release version.

htismaqe 02-21-2019 02:03 PM

Keg hasn't posted since the 15th. Has anybody verified he's still alive?

keg in kc 02-21-2019 03:07 PM

:p

htismaqe 02-21-2019 03:08 PM

Whew.

I was worried you went Korean on us.

keg in kc 02-21-2019 03:12 PM

I don't even know what that means.

htismaqe 02-21-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14118235)
I don't even know what that means.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4137782.stm

keg in kc 02-21-2019 03:24 PM

Oh damn.

I haven't had my ps4 on for anything but Netflix or Prime for a couple weeks. Anthem doesn't launch for me for another 8 hours.

Imon Yourside 02-21-2019 03:41 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BAAWiJ5PPp4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Imon Yourside 02-21-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14118267)
Oh damn.

I haven't had my ps4 on for anything but Netflix or Prime for a couple weeks. Anthem doesn't launch for me for another 8 hours.

Maybe we can get crossplay so we can play with you.

keg in kc 02-21-2019 05:13 PM

Think it's up to Sony at this point. I'm pretty sure BioWare wants it.

Imon Yourside 02-21-2019 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14118437)
Think it's up to Sony at this point. I'm pretty sure BioWare wants it.

You finally get to enjoy Anthem, have fun buddy. :)

Jerm 02-24-2019 06:16 PM

I'm early (level 5) but I'm really enjoying everything so far...super fun.

Can't wait to see what they add down the road....I'm actually patient with GaaS so I'm good with what they have content wise right now.

I saw they put a roadmap out....curious to see what Cataclysms are.

Imon Yourside 02-25-2019 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14122398)
I'm early (level 5) but I'm really enjoying everything so far...super fun.

Can't wait to see what they add down the road....I'm actually patient with GaaS so I'm good with what they have content wise right now.

I saw they put a roadmap out....curious to see what Cataclysms are.

I'm having about the same experience as you but there are some bugs. If I stay in freeplay too long It usually crashes and I found a legendary item for my storm that has +Zero percent as it's major ability. Legendaries are so hard to find so I hope they patch that. Other than that the gameplay loop is incredibly fun even if the content were to seem rather samey.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yqpCP5YT6Fs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 02-25-2019 05:45 PM

I've had next to no bugs. The first time I activated the Detective Hops tape player I crashed (well, second time really; it had just finished playing the initial episode and I hit it again...). I've lost connection with the server maybe 3 times in however many hours I've played (probably 50 by now). And that's it.

Which highlights one issue I have with nearly all the reviews: they were made playing the pre-release version of the game. The day one patch was huge and they've patched twice more since then. That, to me, is irresponsible, if these people are at least pretending to be journalists.

The weirdest thing to me is that I've seen so many complaints about the story, as well as the game being short or incomplete. It's like I'm playing a different build or something. It's easily the best story I've ever played in this kind of online game. And like with every other BioWare game ever, the side quests are as important as the critical path, so I've done all of them and all that combined (so far) is ****ing gigantic. That's without even considering all of the conversation side quests in Fort Tarsis, more of which just opened up. At this point probably fifty hours in, I'm not even level 20 yet, and I still have 3 more critical path quest challenges to go. It looks like I'm at most halfway through the agent quests. I'm probably not going to hit the so called 'endgame' for another 2 or 3 days.

So I guess you have people like me, who do everything that you can do. And then you have people who skip all the cutscenes (and these people are usually the same ones complaining about the story - they say it's not good, although they also say they've skipped everything, so how do they know...), skip all the side quests.

I know that with Destiny 2 last year, I finished all the story missions either on day 1 or early day 2. So this is so far more than twice the story content that game provided. Anthem doesn't have any set pieces like the Almighty so far, although I will say the Fortress of Dawn was one of the coolest sections of any game I can ever remember playing. And after reading a few reviews, I expected all the quests to be exactly the same. They're not. At all. Again, it's like I have a different build or something.

I just don't get it...

I love freeplay as much as I did in the alpha/demos. Except now I have 8 million challenges to finish. Which is something else Destiny 1/2 didn't provide. And that map is ****ing huge. I finished all the exploration challenges last night (well, everything aside from the document ones, which will take me approximately forever to finish), now I'm just leveling weapons and javelins.

Which for me is exactly what I need in a game to keep me invested: a goal to drive towards. Even if it's something as meaningless as a Legendary Freelancer challenge that rewards me with a new graphic that probably no one other than me will ever see. I love the daily/weekly/monthly challenge setup, because they all look doable (although I can't finish the first monthly?! Are you kidding me?! ARGH).

We'll see how I feel once I hit 30 and the real repetition sets it. But I'm only on vacation for two more days, so it's not like I'll be able to play more than 3 or 4 hours a day anyway.

Maybe it works for me because I solo so much? Whatever the case, it's like they made this game for me.

Imon Yourside 02-25-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14123832)
I've had next to no bugs. The first time I activated the Detective Hops tape player I crashed (well, second time really; it had just finished playing the initial episode and I hit it again...). I've lost connection with the server maybe 3 times in however many hours I've played (probably 50 by now). And that's it.

Which highlights one issue I have with nearly all the reviews: they were made playing the pre-release version of the game. The day one patch was huge and they've patched twice more since then. That, to me, is irresponsible, if these people are at least pretending to be journalists.

The weirdest thing to me is that I've seen so many complaints about the story, as well as the game being short or incomplete. It's like I'm playing a different build or something. It's easily the best story I've ever played in this kind of online game. And like with every other BioWare game ever, the side quests are as important as the critical path, so I've done all of them and all that combined (so far) is ****ing gigantic. That's without even considering all of the conversation side quests in Fort Tarsis, more of which just opened up. At this point probably fifty hours in, I'm not even level 20 yet, and I still have 3 more critical path quest challenges to go. It looks like I'm at most halfway through the agent quests. I'm probably not going to hit the so called 'endgame' for another 2 or 3 days.

So I guess you have people like me, who do everything that you can do. And then you have people who skip all the cutscenes (and these people are usually the same ones complaining about the story - they say it's not good, although they also say they've skipped everything, so how do they know...), skip all the side quests.

I know that with Destiny 2 last year, I finished all the story missions either on day 1 or early day 2. So this is so far more than twice the story content that game provided. Anthem doesn't have any set pieces like the Almighty so far, although I will say the Fortress of Dawn was one of the coolest sections of any game I can ever remember playing. And after reading a few reviews, I expected all the quests to be exactly the same. They're not. At all. Again, it's like I have a different build or something.

I just don't get it...

I love freeplay as much as I did in the alpha/demos. Except now I have 8 million challenges to finish. Which is something else Destiny 1/2 didn't provide. And that map is ****ing huge. I finished all the exploration challenges last night (well, everything aside from the document ones, which will take me approximately forever to finish), now I'm just leveling weapons and javelins.

Which for me is exactly what I need in a game to keep me invested: a goal to drive towards. Even if it's something as meaningless as a Legendary Freelancer challenge that rewards me with a new graphic that probably no one other than me will ever see. I love the daily/weekly/monthly challenge setup, because they all look doable (although I can't finish the first monthly?! Are you kidding me?! ARGH).

We'll see how I feel once I hit 30 and the real repetition sets it. But I'm only on vacation for two more days, so it's not like I'll be able to play more than 3 or 4 hours a day anyway.

Maybe it works for me because I solo so much? Whatever the case, it's like they made this game for me.

Pretty much the same thing for me, I feel like i'm playing a different game than anyone else LMAO. It's like the reviews are mainly just clickbait cashing in on EA hate. Then there is the OMGarsh this isn't Mass Effect 4 crowd, ya it's an online loot shooter I guess they missed the memo. I haven't felt any need to put this game down, not even close still grinding my weeklies/dailies to finish them before it resets in a few hours.

I am getting an annoying bug after finishing freeplay, where it says connection lost but I can click through it wiihout touching that window then basically it acts like it didn't happen. Also some of the loot is a bit bugged, I found an item with it's main attribute as +0 percent on the big bold text.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sfi1tcmO87U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wonder if that's fixed now I just got a legendary item from doing quickplay with noobs.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X0-jRj4wE-w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aspengc8 02-26-2019 01:17 PM

The problem is the end game + loot. The rolls are god awful on masterwork and legendary gear. There was a quality post by one of the Diablo 3 devs, and pretty much offered a ton of great feedback on what to do with the loot issue and end game content. I really hope Bioware listens to him.

keg in kc 02-26-2019 06:50 PM

So I'm seeing something odd. In freeplay there are pairs of random electrical orbs floating above the map in a few areas, and I've run across several ancient Ash Titans. Lead-in to a new event of some kind?

Imon Yourside 02-27-2019 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14125479)
So I'm seeing something odd. In freeplay there are pairs of random electrical orbs floating above the map in a few areas, and I've run across several ancient Ash Titans. Lead-in to a new event of some kind?

Here be Giants is going on right now I believe so ya it's the Titan event.

Imon Yourside 02-27-2019 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 14124916)
The problem is the end game + loot. The rolls are god awful on masterwork and legendary gear. There was a quality post by one of the Diablo 3 devs, and pretty much offered a ton of great feedback on what to do with the loot issue and end game content. I really hope Bioware listens to him.

I agree they need to take some of the horrible rolls off the items, I can't seem to find a good one there are so many crappy variables.

keg in kc 02-27-2019 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14125877)
Here be Giants is going on right now I believe so ya it's the Titan event.

Not showing it as active anywhere I've looked, and I finished that last weekend. These are just regular Ancient Ash Titans, not the named ones. And I think they can spawn randomly. It was really the other part that was weird, the electrical orbs. They were like the ones you can shoot off the platform on the second phase of Hive Tyrant. Just randomly up in the sky in a couple of places. Seemed weird. I've been running quests the last few hours, haven't been in freeplay so I don't know if it was still happening.

Skyy God 02-27-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 14124916)

BioWare: Launcces buggy, repetitive loot shooter, forgets about the loot part.

Imon Yourside 02-27-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14126632)
BioWare: Launcces buggy, repetitive loot shooter, forgets about the loot part.

Biggest complaint thus far is that it's not Mass Effect, Yes that's true and it's way less than buggy than even Destiny was for me. Destiny still crashes on me if i play it longer than a couple of hours. The beautiful open world and flying/combat mechanics are second to none. I'm happy it's not a new Mass Effect because I played those games and was pretty much finished within a week with maybe a 2nd playthrough at a later date. Still excited to see what they put out for content and hey compared to Destiny/Division it's free for at least the first year.

keg in kc 02-27-2019 04:43 PM

It sure hasn't been buggy for me. At all.

'course I never found any bugs in Fallout 76 either, so maybe I just have a weird machine that always works no matter what.

Beef Supreme 02-27-2019 04:57 PM

Haven't really paid that much attention, but I'm guessing that if this game had just come out of nowhere without any pre-amble, it would be fairly well received. But it didn't. They've been hyping this shit up and over-promising for quite some time.

Even as little as I have paid attention to this, I can tell that what people got is less than what was teased. Just watch some of the "gameplay trailers" and there is shit in those that isn't in the game.

Imon Yourside 02-27-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 14127282)
Haven't really paid that much attention, but I'm guessing that if this game had just come out of nowhere without any pre-amble, it would be fairly well received. But it didn't. They've been hyping this shit up and over-promising for quite some time.

Even as little as I have paid attention to this, I can tell that what people got is less than what was teased. Just watch some of the "gameplay trailers" and there is shit in those that isn't in the game.

Somewhat fair yes, I just don't think people understand what a loot shooter is. The most important part is the gameplay/fun factor. They hit a homerun in that area and with added content it's going to be something I look forward to playing a long time. Division 2 also looks great but the loot boxes won't go over well.

Imon Yourside 02-27-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14127248)
It sure hasn't been buggy for me. At all.

'course I never found any bugs in Fallout 76 either, so maybe I just have a weird machine that always works no matter what.

Fallout 76 was pretty good at launch and after the nerfs hit and lack of any sort of grinding endgame it was kinda meh. I did like what I played from the start but making the high end items so hard to get coupled with nerfing the shit out of the explosive mechanics kind of ruined it. Of course they also banned me and all my friends for really stupid reason. I got banned for having too much ammo and making too many stimpacks. They should have just made it non closed servers and let people mod the shit out of it and enjoy their own servers. After getting banned for basically nothing me and my friends won't be buying another Bethesda game.

Imon Yourside 02-27-2019 07:35 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dnHPCRkAax0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 02-27-2019 07:39 PM

I can't think of anything that Anthem 'teased' before launch that isn't in the game. It's exactly what they've said it was going to be from the day it was announced. What's going to be interesting to see is what they add in the next three months.

I'm finally done with the critical path after 6 days of doing nothing but playing Anthem. Still have side quests and contracts to finish, and only level 23 at this point.

I've played enough of these games to know - and importantly, for me, Anthem has enough story content - that there's no point in rushing to max level. I've enjoyed the ride, and aside from freeplay and the occasional stronghold, I've repeated exactly nothing so far.

Other people have other priorities so their experience has been different, and that's fine, but so far it's been great for me. Already in a week I feel more connected to this universe than I did in 4 years of Destiny.

Imon Yourside 02-27-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14127551)
I can't think of anything that Anthem 'teased' before launch that isn't in the game. It's exactly what they've said it was going to be from the day it was announced. What's going to be interesting to see is what they add in the next three months.

I'm finally done with the critical path after 6 days of doing nothing but playing Anthem. Still have side quests and contracts to finish, and only level 23 at this point.

I've played enough of these games to know - and importantly, for me, Anthem has enough story content - that there's no point in rushing to max level. I've enjoyed the ride, and aside from freeplay and the occasional stronghold, I've repeated exactly nothing so far.

Other people have other priorities so their experience has been different, and that's fine, but so far it's been great for me. Already in a week I feel more connected to this universe than I did in 4 years of Destiny.

Yup, I take these games slowly and enjoy all of it along the way also ditto with Destiny I just never felt great playing that game but Man Anthem is still keeping me coming back. Very excited to see what else these guys add to the game and why I really like games as a service.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pq0TqZq4mhA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aspengc8 02-28-2019 08:02 AM

Loot fixes inbound. Should start rolling out today into tomrrow.

htismaqe 02-28-2019 12:46 PM

Anthem's Loot System Is Receiving A Major Overhaul

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/02...Q6e5yrZZ6dk2Rs

Imon Yourside 02-28-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14128721)
Anthem's Loot System Is Receiving A Major Overhaul

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/02...Q6e5yrZZ6dk2Rs

It's already out they announced it then a few hours later the patch came out, Bioware doesn't screw around. :)

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GNUemmohBSE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 02-28-2019 06:59 PM

I've played a lot of online games over the years. I've never seen a team communicate with their customers quite as much as this one does, in a genuine 'we're actually talking with you not just selling you shit' sense. And I've never seen patching like this. They did say recently that Frostbite paired with the way they built the game makes changing things easy, and it can often be done on the fly, without taking servers down. Guess that was true.

Imon Yourside 03-01-2019 04:09 PM

I do like the fact the devs communicate by the hour with their consumers.

They REALLY need to fix quickplay it literally ONLY pulls up bugged missions and people keep leaving/rejoining the same games making it impossible to find a working quickplay mission.

keg in kc 03-01-2019 05:19 PM

Yeah I'm not looking forward to that part of the Valor challenge.

Pants 03-01-2019 11:52 PM

I still can't get over how incredibly beautiful this game is.

The level of detail, textures, the animations, and the lighting are just a technological marvel.

I literally stop and just look at shit in this game. I can't remember the last time I did that.

Maybe when Ryse: Son of Rome first came out? Maybe the original Crysis?

Imon Yourside 03-02-2019 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 14131135)
I still can't get over how incredibly beautiful this game is.

The level of detail, textures, the animations, and the lighting are just a technological marvel.

I literally stop and just look at shit in this game. I can't remember the last time I did that.

Maybe when Ryse: Son of Rome first came out? Maybe the original Crysis?

Henceforth why it's so much fun to fly around as Ironman on the world of Avatar. :D

Imon Yourside 03-02-2019 12:01 PM

Anyone playing on PC that has Truth of Tarsis? I need to tag along for you killing 6 more legendary enemies with that gun So I can craft one. Haven't been fortunate enough to find one but I see many builds that require it.

Imon Yourside 03-02-2019 01:08 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/duJsNNA9HU8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 03-02-2019 04:24 PM

Got my first masterwork right after I hit 25 yesterday...and then the server issues hit. LMAO

I ended up with it in my inventory. Was a grenade launcher I didn't want, but eh it's a masterwork.

jiveturkey 03-02-2019 07:19 PM

I still primarily play Destiny but I enjoyed The Division because I like having a min/max game.

Anthem started out rough for me. Tons of crashes and the load screens drove me nuts. Getting through the story was tough because they're constantly taking you out of the action to load into the Fort and talk to 30 people. The action is why I hung around and now that I'm fully masterworked and playing GM1 activities it's a ton of fun. I used to play peek-a-boo with Titans and now I get in their face. I'm still looking for my first legendary. I'll keep an eye on the long term plans and I believe this will make a nice secondary grind game. The Division 2 might have to sit on the back burner.

I've been focused on my Colossus and I run Voltaic Dome in the ordnance slot. When I shock someone they also freeze. Melee kills give me 20% of my health back so I'm constantly just freezing everything and then pounding ground. My health is now at 65,000 and I have a 60% bonus via Autocannon that puts me at 104,000. There aren't a lot of things that can mess with me before I freeze them.

Imon Yourside 03-03-2019 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 14131871)
I still primarily play Destiny but I enjoyed The Division because I like having a min/max game.

Anthem started out rough for me. Tons of crashes and the load screens drove me nuts. Getting through the story was tough because they're constantly taking you out of the action to load into the Fort and talk to 30 people. The action is why I hung around and now that I'm fully masterworked and playing GM1 activities it's a ton of fun. I used to play peek-a-boo with Titans and now I get in their face. I'm still looking for my first legendary. I'll keep an eye on the long term plans and I believe this will make a nice secondary grind game. The Division 2 might have to sit on the back burner.

I've been focused on my Colossus and I run Voltaic Dome in the ordnance slot. When I shock someone they also freeze. Melee kills give me 20% of my health back so I'm constantly just freezing everything and then pounding ground. My health is now at 65,000 and I have a 60% bonus via Autocannon that puts me at 104,000. There aren't a lot of things that can mess with me before I freeze them.

I have a similar Colossus build that wrecks stuff pretty good, I also got lucky on a Legendary Autocannon drop that just tears stuff up. There are tons of great build videos on youtube you can look up, concentrating on my Ranger right now trying to get a good build together.

Running this for my Colossus build

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dnHPCRkAax0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 03-04-2019 09:45 AM

So...

Champion of Tarsis...

jiveturkey 03-04-2019 10:16 AM

I'm pleased with my Colossus build for now and have moved on to my Interceptor. It's like going from flying a 747 to a fighter jet.

Survivability is the biggest concern right now since I'm coming from an indestructible tank. Hopefully the MW gear adds some excitement outside of bouncing around like a ninja with ADHD.

And Champion of Tarsis is busted. Quickplay never works for me and is now the primary source of errors/crashes. I just avoid it.

keg in kc 03-04-2019 12:26 PM

You're thinking of Challenge of Valor.

Champion of Tarsis is the rep grind you get after you get you reach level 3 with the Arcanists, Lancers and Sentinels. It's insane.

keg in kc 03-04-2019 12:29 PM

I've been playing all 4 javelins about equally. All are epic, around 305. So while I haven't maxed one yet, I feel pretty comfortable with all of them. And for me, it's probably hardest to die on the interceptor. Just because you're always moving already.

jiveturkey 03-04-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14133730)
You're thinking of Challenge of Valor.

Champion of Tarsis is the rep grind you get after you get you reach level 3 with the Arcanists, Lancers and Sentinels. It's insane.

Got it. I haven't paid attention to that one.

Imon Yourside 03-04-2019 04:41 PM

I don't know if they put a patch on today but i've had bug after bug. Heart of Rage completely disappeared from my map and joining other game modes even other strongholds is giving me bugged games. No idea what's been happening but it was way more stable at launch than it is now. It's almost unplayable.

Aspengc8 03-05-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14134377)
I don't know if they put a patch on today but i've had bug after bug. Heart of Rage completely disappeared from my map and joining other game modes even other strongholds is giving me bugged games. No idea what's been happening but it was way more stable at launch than it is now. It's almost unplayable.

It's in a bad spot man. I was really pulling for this, but there's too many issues and Division 2 is looking really solid. Half the masterwork bonuses don't even work, drops are still kinda crappy, and the only stronghold worth running is GM1 tyrant mine because the others take longer and offer no bonus to drops. GM2/3 is a complete waste of time right now. It sucks because the world is absolutely beautiful. I still log in a do my 3 legendary missions and enjoy the sceneray, and thats pretty much it.

Bump 03-05-2019 02:50 PM

I almost bought this and I would have bought it on PS4, now I'm hearing that it's bricking people's PS4's, ruining them and bioware and Sony are saying they can't prove it so they are SOL. Dodged a bullet not buying this.