ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Bitcoin Take? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270065)

scho63 02-24-2017 10:02 AM

This seems like the great Dutch tulip bulb ponzi scam of the 1600's

Greater fool theory. Maybe I'm wrong but something doesn't seem kosher

BWillie 02-24-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12754736)
You know what makes me sick? I was in on bitcoins when they first came out. I almost bought 100$ of them but I was a broke college student and couldn't afford to do it at the time. I could be rich right now if I just pulled that trigger.

You know how many HD's are at the bottom of landfills right now with millions of bitcoin on em? Get to diggin.

ChiefRocka 02-25-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 12754956)
This seems like the great Dutch tulip bulb ponzi scam of the 1600's

Greater fool theory. Maybe I'm wrong but something doesn't seem kosher

Obligatory "I cant comprehend it so it must be bullshit line"

BWillie 02-25-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 12756678)
Obligatory "I cant comprehend it so it must be bullshit line"

Agreed. There are only a finite amount of Bitcoins. In theory, if the popularity and use of bitcoin increases, it's value should also continue to follow. I don't see it slowing down any time soon until US government does something. Even China trying to cockblock bitcoin didn't slow it down for long.

BWillie 02-25-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12754736)
You know what makes me sick? I was in on bitcoins when they first came out. I almost bought 100$ of them but I was a broke college student and couldn't afford to do it at the time. I could be rich right now if I just pulled that trigger.

Puke.

I'm in the same boat. This guy was ranting about how it's going to change the world of online currency back in 2010. He was telling me to buy as much as I could and hold onto it for a while. I didn't.

F***** our lives. We should be Mark Zuckerbergs :cuss::cuss:ROFLROFL:shake::shake:

ChiefRocka 03-02-2017 01:30 PM

Approaching One thousand 300!!!!!

http://www.therevolutionwillnotbecen...ed.com/300.JPG

Halfcan 03-02-2017 07:18 PM

Does anyone do Bit coin mining?

It looked like the only ones making money were the companies selling the machines.

BWillie 03-02-2017 10:14 PM

1 bitcoin is now worth more than an ounce of gold. hahahha

cdcox 03-03-2017 12:49 AM

The underlying blockchain technology is going to change everything. In comparison to the internet, we are in about 1988 with respect to blockchain. In 10 years there will be multi-billion dollar companies that know one has ever heard of that will be the equivalents of Amazon, Facebook, and google. It will be the driving technology for commerce, insurance, medical records, engineering services, educational certifications, international trade, dog breeding, sports memorabilia, government entitlements, cyber security, real estate, supply chain tracking and a thousand other things I haven't thought of. It will take time , but if you push paper or electrons for a living you are toast on a decadal timescale.

The ONLY thing slowing this down is human ability to implement and adapt.

ChiefRocka 03-03-2017 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 12766189)
The underlying blockchain technology is going to change everything. In comparison to the internet, we are in about 1988 with respect to blockchain. In 10 years there will be multi-billion dollar companies that know one has ever heard of that will be the equivalents of Amazon, Facebook, and google. It will be the driving technology for commerce, insurance, medical records, engineering services, educational certifications, international trade, dog breeding, sports memorabilia, government entitlements, cyber security, real estate, supply chain tracking and a thousand other things I haven't thought of. It will take time , but if you push paper or electrons for a living you are toast on a decadal timescale.

The ONLY thing slowing this down is human ability to implement and adapt.

Did you copy and paste that from somewhere? If not, very well said!

Important distinction: when people say "Blockchain technology" it must be understood as a public, distributed and secured chain...private chains are simply centralized and controlled SQL databases between trusted third parties. The incentive to secure the public chain is the reward of the token/currency, which can then be transacted in a pure trust-less P2P fashion.

ChiefRocka 03-31-2017 04:22 AM

Bitcoin: $1048
Ethereum: $51

-King- 03-31-2017 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 12804151)
Bitcoin: $1048
Ethereum: $51

Is that similar to Bitcoin? Would you say that it's going to appreciate the same way Bitcoin has?
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefRocka 03-31-2017 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12804155)
Is that similar to Bitcoin? Would you say that it's going to appreciate the same way Bitcoin has?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ethereum is what wall street is backing right now via the Ethereum Alliance. I predict a near future where bitcoin may be 7k and Ethereum 2K

http://entethalliance.org/ - scroll down

ChiefRocka 04-30-2017 08:40 PM

Bitcoin: $1400
Ethereum: $87

BWillie 05-02-2017 09:37 AM

$1449 at this moment. Good lord.

Fish 05-02-2017 09:40 AM

I remember when I first purchased bitcoins at $22 a piece.

ChiefRocka 05-04-2017 06:01 PM

Bitcoin: $1605
Ethereum: $99

** For all those that think its too much now, I missed the boat....you haven't **

Stanley Nickels 05-04-2017 06:16 PM

So, if one were to want to buy Ethereum, how would one do so?

ChiefRocka 05-04-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 12858315)
So, if one were to want to buy Ethereum, how would one do so?

Coinbase.com

Stanley Nickels 05-04-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 12858316)
Coinbase.com

Thanks!

BWillie 05-04-2017 09:22 PM

Someone fill me in about Ethereum. Is it tied to Bitcoin at all or is it completely separate? Buddy of mine swears about Dash Coin and that it's going to go thru the roof.

TambaBerry 05-04-2017 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12858574)
Someone fill me in about Ethereum. Is it tied to Bitcoin at all or is it completely separate? Buddy of mine swears about Dash Coin and that it's going to go thru the roof.

Ethereum has nothing to do with Bitcoins. Google it because they can explain it better then I can. Also, it should dip down again from $80

Jewish Rabbi 05-04-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12858701)
Ethereum has nothing to do with Bitcoins. Google it because they can explain it better then I can. Also, it should dip down again from $80

Where are you seeing it at $80? It's almost $100.

TambaBerry 05-04-2017 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 12858718)
Where are you seeing it at $80? It's almost $100.

I checked earlier today at $80 it jumped another 20$. Insane

Halfcan 05-05-2017 08:35 AM

Running out to invest my Real money in Fake money. Gonna git rich!!

ChiefRocka 05-20-2017 07:07 PM

Bitcoin: $2102
Ethereum: $143

-King- 05-21-2017 03:37 PM

Bought $700 of ethereum 2 weeks ago. Small investment. Already up almost $400.
Posted via Mobile Device

teedubya 05-21-2017 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9576274)

ROFLROFL:D

BWillie 05-21-2017 04:45 PM

Where do I buy Ethereum at? Is there any wallets that support both bitcoin and ethereum?

Jewish Rabbi 05-21-2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12883385)
Where do I buy Ethereum at? Is there any wallets that support both bitcoin and ethereum?

I use Coinbase. I really see Etherium hitting $200 by the end of the month.

ChiefRocka 05-22-2017 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 12883688)
I use Coinbase. I really see Ethereum hitting $200 by the end of tomorrow.

Bitcoin: $2202
Ethereum: $187

Ethereum Enterprise Alliance Adds 86 New Members Including DTCC, State Street And Infosys
Laura Shin , CONTRIBUTOR
Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.

The Ethereum Enterprise Alliance, an initiative to standardize a business version of Ethereum that launched in February, announced that it has added 86 new members, including heavyweights such as the DTCC, State Street, Infosys, Deloitte, MUFG, Toyota Research Institute and Broadridge.

They join original members Microsoft, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of New York Mellon, Intel, UBS, Accenture and others, bringing the EEA’s total membership to 116.

A number of blockchain startups that have so far focused on public blockchains such as BlockCypher, Etherisc, have also joined, perhaps reflecting members’ desire that private blockchains eventually connect to public ones, which would help each side build its network effect. The Zerocoin Electric Coin Company, which launched the privacy coin Zcash, also joined.

The EEA plans to integrate a version of Ethereum called Quorum that JPMorgan Chase has been testing for international transfers and privacy features.

Ethereum is a network similar to bitcoin’s that is focused on smart contracts. It uses a distributed ledger that can act as a single version of the truth, with copies held by multiple parties, rather than each player holding its own ledger, each of which has to be reconciled with everyone else’s.

The additional members give the EEA a size that puts it on par with a similar project, the 130-member Linux Foundation’s global Hyperledger, which counts IBM, Intel, American Express, CME Group and Accenture among its premier members, plus several firms who are now also EEA members, including DTCC, Broadridge and State Street. Another industry consortium, R3, has more than 80 members including banks, clearing houses, exchanges, market infrastructure providers, asset managers, central banks, and more.
ADVERTISING

The EEA new members include both financial services incumbents and blockchain startups, and span industries, including state government, health and entertainment. The diversity of the members in terms of industry and age suggests the possibility for disruptive innovation.

The new EEA members also bring a global flavor. Other additions include Consensus Base from Tokyo, ConsenLabs in China, Coinplug in South Korea, Smart Contract Japan, Samsung SDS, Taiwan Fintech association, Tecnalia Research and Innovation from Spain and Utocat from France.

Recommended by Forbes
MOST POPULAR Photos: The Richest Person In Every State
Ford Fires CEO Mark Fields; Former Steelcase Chief Jim Hackett To Take Over
CenturyLinkVoice: Q&A With Jay Edmundson: Industry Tips For Digital Transformation

The news caps off a week of positive trends for Ethereum, starting with the price, which in the last seven days has gone from $91 to $163. The rise in price also meant that a computer running the Ethereum network can now earn more than one securing Bitcoin’s. The main company working on fostering development of Ethereum around the world, ConsenSys also held the Ethereal Summit on Friday, which was attended by 650 guests and touched on topics beyond financial services to include entertainment and humanitarian aid. The news also comes on the even of the biggest annual industry event, Consensus, by industry publication CoinDesk, which will host 2,500 guests in New York City.

Jewish Rabbi 05-22-2017 04:05 AM

Heh. Today counts as before the end of the week!

wutamess 05-22-2017 08:39 AM

So if I purchase $1000 worth of Ethereum, just hold it and wait? What are the chances it goes "bankrupt"?

scho63 05-22-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 12883982)
So if I purchase $1000 worth of Ethereum, just hold it and wait? What are the chances it goes "bankrupt"?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images.../ui5g4zNu.jpeg

TambaBerry 05-26-2017 09:50 PM

Ethereum took a dip today by a lot. I bought some more of it.

BWillie 05-26-2017 10:43 PM

I bought 1,000 Pivx and 3.5 Dash coins. Wish me luck.

Iowanian 05-27-2017 07:38 AM

This whole thing makes zero sense to me

TambaBerry 05-27-2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 12891482)

What do you mean? There are countless uses for cryptocurrency especially Ethereum

scho63 05-27-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 12891482)

I'm a pretty smart guy who can usually understand things after being explained to me once, if not twice for sure.

This whole cryptocurrency backed by nothing confounds the hell out of me too.

I can't help but correlate this to the great "Tulip Bulb" craze in Holland hundreds of years ago that destroyed many.

BWillie 05-27-2017 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 12891512)
I'm a pretty smart guy who can usually understand things after being explained to me once, if not twice for sure.

I can't help but correlate this to the great "Tulip Bulb" craze in Holland hundreds of years ago that destroyed many.

People value what they value. Why do people value gold, diamonds etc? No idea, but they do. Bitcoin and other crypto currency has many advantages because it doesn't have to be converted to USD, CNY, Euro etc. Its also easily exchangeable for goods and services. Its quasi anonymous

scho63 05-27-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12891544)
People value what they value. Why do people value gold, diamonds etc? No idea, but they do. Bitcoin and other crypto currency has many advantages because it doesn't have to be converted to USD, CNY, Euro etc. Its also easily exchangeable for goods and services.

Fair point but obviously gold and diamonds are worn as jewelry and unless bitcoins are going to be worn as jewelry, I'm still baffled it's worth $3,200 a pop.

How are the bitcoins turned into cash? I would assume merchants who accept them quickly flip them for real currency so they can pay suppliers and employees and other bills.

lewdog 05-27-2017 10:42 AM

I "understand" the very basics of it but the part I don't understand makes it too risky for a place I want to put my money. I understand people's reason for buying but it's still a very risk investment.

At some point Big Banks are going to want this regulated. Ain't no way those greedy bastards are going to be losing money to this shit! At which point, the price should plummet, never to see the highs again. Get in, make money and sell would be my only option but I think it's already over-valued.

scho63 05-27-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12891578)
Get in, make money and sell would be my only option but I think it's already over-valued.

Also known as "The Burning Match" or " Hot Potato" or "Greater Fool" theory of investing.

Jewish Rabbi 05-27-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12891578)
I "understand" the very basics of it but the part I don't understand makes it too risky for a place I want to put my money. I understand people's reason for buying but it's still a very risk investment.

At some point Big Banks are going to want this regulated. Ain't no way those greedy bastards are going to be losing money to this shit! At which point, the price should plummet, never to see the highs again. Get in, make money and sell would be my only option but I think it's already over-valued.

I don't disagree with you at all on the riskiness of it. I'm not advocating to go 100% cryptocurrency in anyone's portfolio, but I think people who don't have any are missing out as well.

Iowanian 05-27-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12891501)
What do you mean? There are countless uses for cryptocurrency especially Ethereum

I mean...this seems like Bernie Madoff shit....smoke and mirrors....purchasing make beli ve money that is supported by nothing I can see. It's not backed by gold...or the US dollar for example.

I guess I haven't studied it because it seeems like a suckers racket to me. I'd like it explained in plain English.

Fat Elvis 05-27-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Yet you are perfectly comfortable using a fiat currency backed by nothing on a daily basis?

TambaBerry 05-27-2017 05:09 PM

Well the crypto currency market is currently 75 billion expected to go into the trillions by 2025. Japan made Bitcoin an official currency so it's going pretty well

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-27-2017 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 12892042)
I mean...this seems like Bernie Madoff shit....smoke and mirrors....purchasing make beli ve money that is supported by nothing I can see. It's not backed by gold...or the US dollar for example.

I guess I haven't studied it because it seeems like a suckers racket to me. I'd like it explained in plain English.

This is what I've been thinking.

Whiie other people are getting rich off it.

TambaBerry 05-27-2017 05:55 PM

https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/q...chnical-friend

Check this out there is a graphic on it that explains it pretty well

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-27-2017 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12892105)
https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/q...chnical-friend

Check this out there is a graphic on it that explains it pretty well

Holy shit !

I'm still stuped!

MahiMike 05-27-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Actually no crazier than the US dollar. It's just paper they can print more of.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-27-2017 06:31 PM

Been trying to study this on the interweb and it always brings me back to one site:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...84830&page=104

BWillie 05-27-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12892126)
Actually no crazier than the US dollar. It's just paper they can print more of.

And they dont keep printing more which devalues USD. Honestly bitcoin could be a lower cost for governments to accept as currency. No overhead for them, no cost to produce or maintain.

You can even print out bitcoin and have it only available as paper money if you are scared

ChiefRocka 05-28-2017 06:47 AM

"If you're Offered a Seat on a Rocket Ship, You Don't Ask What Seat. You Just Get On"

New technology, tough to comprehend, is changing legacy industrial landscape. No doubt this is another Dot Com bubble in the making...there will be winners and many losers.

https://medium.com/@balajis/thoughts...s-436109aabcbe

BossChief 05-31-2017 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 12892042)

US currency isn't really backed by gold anymore, either.

It's a confidence based system.

Been that way for awhile now.

Hootie 06-04-2017 07:51 PM

Thanks to this thread - I got in on Ethereum just in time.

ON ANOTHER NOTE : HOW FILTHY RICH MUST CHIEFROCKA BE?!

If he didn't sell, and kept acquiring crypto, good Lord?! We're talking millions. I hope that's the case, my man!

ChiefRocka 06-05-2017 04:54 AM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...189b724cd5.jpg

jallmon 06-05-2017 07:05 AM

What in the world does this thread have to do with Alex?

jallmon 06-05-2017 07:07 AM

I will listen to the TED video, though, Bitcoins are interesting. Thank you for the video.

mszymko 06-05-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 8.0 (Post 12902119)
Thanks to this thread - I got in on Ethereum just in time.

ON ANOTHER NOTE : HOW FILTHY RICH MUST CHIEFROCKA BE?!

If he didn't sell, and kept acquiring crypto, good Lord?! We're talking millions. I hope that's the case, my man!

My friend keeps trying to teach me about this, how well are you guys doing on these crypto currencies and how much time do i have to get in?

TambaBerry 06-05-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszymko (Post 12902927)
My friend keeps trying to teach me about this, how well are you guys doing on these crypto currencies and how much time do i have to get in?

I bought two grand worth of ethereum when it was sitting at 43$. It's now worth almost 12k. I fully expect it to surpass Bitcoins value.

Jewish Rabbi 06-10-2017 10:27 AM

Ethereum just hit $300. Sure wish I put more than $500 in it a few months ago.

O.city 06-10-2017 11:49 AM

Is it still on the rise? I'd like to get I on it but worry I missed the boat

Jewish Rabbi 06-10-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12911001)

I bought more today. I really think we'll see at least $1000 by the end of the year. But if I knew that for sure I'd be taking out loans to buy it up lol.

-King- 06-10-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Up over $70 just this week alone
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-10-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 12892486)
"If you're Offered a Seat on a Rocket Ship, You Don't Ask What Seat. You Just Get On"

New technology, tough to comprehend, is changing legacy industrial landscape. No doubt this is another Dot Com bubble in the making...there will be winners and many losers.

https://medium.com/@balajis/thoughts...s-436109aabcbe

How much you in for ?

TambaBerry 06-10-2017 03:24 PM

Bitcoin is at 2800, ethereum will pass that in the next 18 months

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-10-2017 03:30 PM

How do you go about buying Ethereum

-King- 06-10-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12911171)
How do you go about buying Ethereum

Coinbase.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefRocka 06-10-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Simply put, you didn't...

The best time to plant a tree was 40 yrs ago, the 2nd best time is today.

This technology is still in its infancy and the prices are still purely speculation as there is no real use case or application yet. Imagine what prices might be should the DOW take a big hit.

ChiefRocka 06-10-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12911161)
How much you in for ?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/cHUML0EZ1BQ/hqdefault.jpg

BossChief 06-10-2017 08:06 PM

Anyone went through the process of having money from Coinbase deposited back in their bank account?

Is that process easy?

Anyone had any problems?

Jewish Rabbi 06-10-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12911486)
Anyone went through the process of having money from Coinbase deposited back in their bank account?

Is that process easy?

Anyone had any problems?

I bought some Ethereum speculatively before Coinsensus. Doubled in value, sold one night, money was in my checking account literally next morning.

ChiefRocka 06-10-2017 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 12911629)
I bought some Ethereum speculatively before Coinsensus. Doubled in value, sold one night, money was in my checking account literally next morning.

Still must pay short-term/long-term capital gains or the IRS is in your ass. It's not entirely outside the system.

ChiefRocka 06-10-2017 11:55 PM

BITCOIN: $2854
ETHEREUM: $344

Jewish Rabbi 06-11-2017 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 12911650)
Still must pay short-term/long-term capital gains or the IRS is in your ass. It's not entirely outside the system.

I know, he just asked about payouts.

O.city 06-11-2017 11:36 AM

The wife had a good month and we've got about 10k built up I was waiting to see what to do with.
Where can I get in on this

hometeam 06-11-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12911888)
The wife had a good month and we've got about 10k built up I was waiting to see what to do with.
Where can I get in on this

coinbase~

Demonpenz 06-11-2017 11:42 AM

coinbase but idk if I had bad credit or what it only let me buy 150 dollars worth.

Jewish Rabbi 06-11-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 12911893)
coinbase but idk if I had bad credit or what it only let me buy 150 dollars worth.

It takes a while along with verification processes to increase your limits.