ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 4 Chiefs on the Chopping Block Next After Marquez Valdes-Scantling Release (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352574)

DenverChief 03-01-2024 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17423600)
Stupid article.

1. Reid has a much greater chance of being extended vs cut.

2. No team is trading for Kadarius

4. Omenihutt isn't going anywhere. Especially if Jones leaves.

That’s another one I’m trying to wrap my brain around. He isn’t projected to return until week 8 if everything goes well. He would be getting paid handsomely to have only played in 25 of 39 games (assuming we go to the SB next year 22/36 w/o Playoffs).

notorious 03-01-2024 08:42 AM

What the **** is Reid doing on there?

penguinz 03-01-2024 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 17423621)
That’s another one I’m trying to wrap my brain around. He isn’t projected to return until week 8 if everything goes well. He would be getting paid handsomely to have only played in 25 of 39 games (assuming we go to the SB next year 22/36 w/o Playoffs).

None of his 24 salary is guaranteed and some of the money is gameday roster bonuses. Really won't be that big a hit.

DenverChief 03-01-2024 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17423630)
None of his 24 salary is guaranteed and some of the money is gameday roster bonuses. Really won't be that big a hit.

Ah. That is good to know. Thank you for that piece of information. That definitely makes holding on to him easier and hopefully with a full recovery extending him.

ThaVirus 03-01-2024 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17423616)
No one is trading even a bag of used toilet paper for him.

Do you think the massive amounts of suck he possess is only known in KC?

If this was the first team he was on it might be different. Getting traded twice for being an uncoachable flaming bag of dogshit. won't happen.

I disagree but I suppose time will tell.

He looked promising for us in 2022 and made key plays on the biggest stage before regressing badly in 2023. I think some talent-starved team would be willing to give him a chance.

O.city 03-01-2024 09:03 AM

They can cut Omenihu and save $. He wants paid alot, isn't gonna do an extension here at this point so just cut him and let him move on.

penguinz 03-01-2024 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17423654)
I disagree but I suppose time will tell.

He looked promising for us in 2022 and made key plays on the biggest stage before regressing badly in 2023. I think some talent-starved team would be willing to give him a chance.

https://i.imgur.com/50BF508.png

No one is trading for that.

Especially when you add the off the field crap on social media.

Wallcrawler 03-01-2024 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17423493)
So should we start a thread if someone on Twitter says something too that doesn’t seem grounded in logic?

It could be entertaining, simply for the screech and squee that it's sure to elicit from you.

No one thinks he’s going to be cut. Obviously. That’s why when you read it you ignore it and never read that stupid website again.

If people really took that approach, there already would've been a mass exodus here after reading your bullshit. Especially when you're spit shining your thread police badge lmao.

Its almost like you don't want the message board to do what a message board is supposed to do, which is generate as much discussion as possible.

You just get your panties twisted, and engage in commentary about how this thread wasn't needed, because you weren't interested in it yet were still compelled to enter, and post in it.

We get it. You're cool. You're "above" these sort of topics.

Just scroll past, pimp.

Mike in SW-MO 03-01-2024 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17423626)
What the **** is Reid doing on there?

Last year of multi-year contract with higher price tag in last year.

Pretty typical that no one involved expects them to play last year of the contract for full cap hit.

Like others have said, extension is more likely than cut. But if he won't sign a reasonable extension I would not be shocked if he is allowed to walk. Positional value not value of the player's contribution is the reason.

DenverChief 03-01-2024 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17423552)
Good points in the article, I'm not going to bang on it.

I think they are being fair about the cost of Reid versus the talent but I think there is some credit in quality leadership and ability to keep the secondary in proper alignments and assignments. He does those things. I think there would be value in trading him if they truly did want to chop some money out there but I really don't think they will get rid of him.

I am on the Toney is a goner bandwagon. Punching your ticket into Reid's doghouse is never a great thing to do but he managed it. I'm sure they'll dangle him out there for a late conditional just to ensure his salary comes off the books though.

Niang is not the type of player you cut. He's on a rookie deal, he's been good enough as a depth piece so far in his career, he plays a valuable position, he hasn't caused strife, and you gain nothing by letting him go.

I think I've stated that I think Omenihu is easy. You offer the guy an extension with the caveat that he lowers his 2024 hit substantially, if not to vet minimum, so that he can rehab and maybe be of some value sometime in November through the playoffs otherwise you cut him and get someone that will be of value through the season. I wouldn't be sentimental over him. Sure, he played well, but business is business.

Excellent post sir. I wholeheartedly agree about Reid - he just seems to have the leadership and alignment stuff down for the secondary guys. I have never really looked at coverage stats for safeties before so I was a bit shocked but as a Safety I think coverage #'s get a pass because they aren't supposed to be locked 1 on 1 with guys all the time, its a part of their job, but not their whole job - if he were a CB this would be another discussion.

TwistedChief 03-01-2024 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17423701)
It’s almost like you don't want the message board to do what a message board is supposed to do, which is generate as much discussion as possible.

Perhaps I was a bit unnecessarily harsh toward him and for that I apologize.

But you’re the last one who should be commenting on the matter after this gem:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352398

We definitely need more discussion like that!

Lzen 03-01-2024 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17423498)
I don't think they can cut Omenihu while he is injured and on IR.

Probably not. And it sucks that he may miss a significant portion of the season, one would assume that he should be back in time for a playoff run.

Lzen 03-01-2024 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17423493)
So should we start a thread if someone on Twitter says something too that doesn’t seem grounded in logic?

No one thinks he’s going to be cut. Obviously. That’s why when you read it you ignore it and never read that stupid website again.

There's a lot of truth to this. I have noticed some of these on social media lately and yeah, I do exactly what you said.

But in fairness, I think DC is correct that it is at least worth a bit of discussion.

IMO, I think Reid has played decently the last couple of years. My eyes are saying something completely different than what this article is saying.

Lzen 03-01-2024 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 17423802)
Excellent post sir. I wholeheartedly agree about Reid - he just seems to have the leadership and alignment stuff down for the secondary guys. I have never really looked at coverage stats for safeties before so I was a bit shocked but as a Safety I think coverage #'s get a pass because they aren't supposed to be locked 1 on 1 with guys all the time, its a part of their job, but not their whole job - if he were a CB this would be another discussion.

True. And it also doesn't give him credit for what he did in the running game. I specifically remember him making some big plays in the Ravens game.

Titty Meat 03-01-2024 10:18 AM

Anyone remember a poster on here "Mic Jones"? He would write terrible articles like this