ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Newly discovered full broadcast of SB IV in color (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348568)

WilliamTheIrish 04-30-2023 01:42 PM

That was Al Hirt and his famous trumpet and the Southern University band.

EPodolak 04-30-2023 01:43 PM

Watching now, very faint memory of seeing this game at home when I was small. Remember too how much I loved the games in the mud.

It was a *long* wait to get where we are now, might forget while this game was being played we were in the middle of the Vietnam era.

Rain Man 04-30-2023 01:44 PM

I haven't watched the whole game yet, but I watched the pregame intros. Joe Kapp looked like he was drunk when he ran out onto the field.

KCFalcon59 04-30-2023 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 16927877)
I liked Johnny Robinson's comments about Lenny. It seems the gambling BS really got to him. He barely left his room for a couple days and then got out of his funk and played great.

Yep. Posted after I saw Lenny's comments. Johnny Robinson is also a class act. Gave great insight on how Lenny dealt with the distractions and how it affected him leading up to the game.

Stewie 04-30-2023 02:22 PM

Another thing I noticed.

Offensive players twitched or moved slightly pre-snap after being set on a few plays. Refs never called it. I assume it was allowed back then. Today fans would go ape-shit for the non-call.

srvy 04-30-2023 02:23 PM

I had also forgotten the cheap shot on Lenny inside the last three minutes of the game. That nearly turned into a brawl Ed Budde was pissed.

Dunerdr 04-30-2023 03:12 PM

Fantastic find! My dad was a kid 6-7 I think when it happened and talked about how my grandpa had to drive to a coworkers moms house in Nevada to get af enough away to avoid the black out. He is thrilled to get to rewatch it finally.

redfan 04-30-2023 03:32 PM

Love The call of Buck and Summerall
The pregame breakdown with Stram and Summerall was aces

suzzer99 04-30-2023 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcmulhurn (Post 16927402)
Those cigarette ads are testing my nicotine sobriety.

Just me and my Winstons. We gotta really good thing.

That Salem ad at the end was ****ing WEIRD! "Hey there little girl, watchya doin'?" "Oh just walking with my basket." "Really? What's in the basket? Wanna show me?"

I teed it up https://youtu.be/0LddGwW6y1E?t=11532

This is why so many kids got molested in the 70s. Obvious red flag behavior and apparently everyone thinks it's normal enough to put in a commercial.

StumplifterMN 04-30-2023 03:57 PM

Just watched it.
Very cool.

Frazod 04-30-2023 04:20 PM

Just started watching it. Hell, even the commercials are interesting. :D

suzzer99 04-30-2023 04:26 PM

The national anthem was weird - spoken word.

Also I've just been skipping around, but the Chiefs just look dominant in everything I've seen.

Frazod 04-30-2023 04:57 PM

Some random thoughts:

Nice to hear Summerall calling a game without that blustering imbecile Madden.

Strange that the piping on the pants shows up as red, but the jerseys and helmets look to be hot pink. :spock:

Funny how the old Chiefs with their last second offensive adjustments remind me of the current Chiefs.

I'm really enjoying this.

redfan 04-30-2023 05:17 PM

First half observations:

Field is very sloppy
Both teams have great Defenses
Chiefs had at least 3 busted plays
Chiefs love to shift from the I
I love the choir huddle
Teams traded turnovers early (Lenny had a bad underthrow/int)
Refs know what is a catch and a fumble
Vikes fumble on the kickoff was costly
Otis Taylor is amazing, he’d be great in today’s game
Even though I don’t smoke, I’d like to enjoy the cool menthol sensation of a Newport

Frazod 04-30-2023 05:25 PM

They finally fixed the color about midway through the 2nd. No more hot pink. Thank God.