ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Which QB is better: Dak Prescott or Lamar Jackson? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333921)

ToxSocks 09-30-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15205741)
I’m telling you. Don’t pay QBs if they aren’t elite. It won’t be worth it.

Someone will think they’re “a QB away” from winning the Super Bowl (and maybe they’re right). That team will give up way too much.

Package those picks to move up and get your guy. Try him out on a loaded team while he’s on a rookie deal. Extend if he’s elite. If he’s not, trade and repeat.

It's not like "Elite" QB's grow on trees.

There's what, 3 elite QB's in the league right now?

The other teams have to do SOMETHING. You can't just go, "well, he's not Mahomes, Wilson or Rodgers so fugg 'em".

You gonna sit around for 20 years with your head up your ass until you stumble upon an "Elite" Qb?

You can can get to, and maybe win a SB with a Dak Prescott.

The 49ers got there with Jimmy F'n Grapes.....

Why Not? 09-30-2020 12:02 PM

Which one has won a big playoff game?

Big playoff game as in post WC round.

Eureka 09-30-2020 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15205690)
Dak is a quarterback, Lamar is an athlete that can play quarterback.

Dak every day...

If the Cowboys defense could stop anyone, they'd be 3-0.

That would be my take as well. The Dallas defense doesn't look so good. Seems Dak is always having to play catch up. Dak also has a decent win percentage. Lamar does too.

DaneMcCloud 09-30-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15205781)
Dak has gotten to the playoffs a couple of times. He won alot his first 3 seasons.

Dak is basically 2003 Trent Green. Great offensive line, great running back and a trio of really, really good receivers.

Unfortunately for their offense, their defense sucks ass.

Teams can't win, especially on the road, when they're giving up 39 and 38 points.

TribalElder 09-30-2020 12:12 PM

neither one will win anything of merit

pass on both of them

Bowser 09-30-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush (Post 15205749)
I'd reluctantly take 2017 Alex Smith over Dak OR Lamar.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsGvDsPWcAE-EH2.jpg:medium

Bowser 09-30-2020 12:15 PM

Lamar is RGIII part deux with a few more years of longevity.

mr. tegu 09-30-2020 12:18 PM

I generally don’t find Prescott to be anything more than a serviceable QB so it’s surprising to me that I would choose him over Jackson. But Jackson is so limited as a passer that you can’t overlook it. I know people have convinced themselves based on last season he is a good thrower but those are purely star based and don’t pass the eye test at all.

That’s why he was forcing stuff into the middle of the field in our game. It’s all he knows and can comfortably do so whether Andrews is double or triple covered he still just throws it no matter what. He’s incapable of finding something else in the play.

smithandrew051 09-30-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15205787)

The other teams have to do SOMETHING. You can't just go, "well, he's not Mahomes, Wilson or Rodgers so fugg 'em".

You gonna sit around for 20 years with your head up your ass until you stumble upon an "Elite" Qb?

You can get to and maybe win a SB with a Dak Prescott if you have an absolutely loaded roster around them, which is most likely while those types are on rookie deals.

The 49ers model isn’t sustainable, and has probably already collapsed.

Occasionally the Matt Ryan’s of the world have everything come together perfectly and they get to the Super Bowl, but they don’t typically have consistent success.

And you don’t “sit around for 20 years”. By flipping out of QBs for picks you acquire the capital needed to move around in the draft to get your QB. More opportunities to draft the elite QB should improve your odds of getting one.

If you overpay a Dak or Lamar for a decade, then you’re guaranteeing that you won’t have an elite QB for at least that decade.

ThaVirus 09-30-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15205741)
I’m telling you. Don’t pay QBs if they aren’t elite. It won’t be worth it.

Someone will think they’re “a QB away” from winning the Super Bowl (and maybe they’re right). That team will give up way too much.

Package those picks to move up and get your guy. Try him out on a loaded team while he’s on a rookie deal. Extend if he’s elite. If he’s not, trade and repeat.

The NFL is a business first and foremost.

You'd be surprised at the warts a rabid fan base will be OK with allowing to fester at QB. Just build a solid roster around them and watch the cash flow in.. you just might get lucky and get a Super Bowl out of it ala Flacco, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, etc.

wazu 09-30-2020 12:24 PM

Kind of a tough call. I guess I'd lean Dak just because passing is the main thing I need a QB to be able to do really well. I think with Lamar the thought has been that unlike Dak, we don't really know his ceiling. But he's in Year 3 now. Probably good to just accept at face value that he is who he is.

ThaVirus 09-30-2020 12:27 PM

Hell, we were selling out our stadium for decades with retread QBs. The Browns and Raiders have been in the pits for 20 years now and those fans still show up every Sunday, buying merch and $12 beers and shit.

smithandrew051 09-30-2020 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15205835)
The NFL is a business first and foremost.

You'd be surprised at the warts a rabid fan base will be OK with allowing to fester at QB. Just build a solid roster around them and watch the cash flow in.. you just might get lucky and get a Super Bowl out of it ala Flacco, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, etc.

You’re absolutely right.

Making the playoffs is the ultimate illusion. “Anything can happen once the playoffs start”.

Uh huh...

ThaVirus 09-30-2020 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15205852)
You’re absolutely right.

Making the playoffs is the ultimate illusion. “Anything can happen once the playoffs start”.

Uh huh...

I mean, we know how it ends more often than not, but some teams have been able to get hot and lucky at the right time. Eli Manning won a couple chips, Flacco got one. Rex Grossman, Jared Goff, Matt Ryan, and Cam Newton have all gotten to the big game in the last 15 years. Tannehill took the Titans to a Championship game, as did Mark Sanchez (twice, if I remember correctly).

You really never know..

RunKC 09-30-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15205787)

Yeah if you don’t have the first pick in the draft, your odds drop considerably for getting a QB. How many QB’s have been drafted recently after the top pick are guys that can carry teams?

Wilson, Mahomes, Watson....?

Those guys just rarely come around man. I’d pay Dak on a short deal while I’m looking for the new QB.

But then again a problem as big as Dak is the coach. No idea why these guys choose fossils like McCarthy.

Goff and Jimmy G made it based on excellent talent and coaching so Dak can too.