ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Sigh: Here we go... Games postponed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333920)

Mama Hip Rockets 09-30-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15205556)
As was discussed in the other existing thread about this same thing

Here's an idea: How about if you stay in that thread that you seem irrationally obsessed with, which was about the original COVID outbreak and not the breaking news of the game being postponed, and just let us have a rational discussion in this thread on this particular topic if it bothers you so much that you have to make two separate posts about how annoyed you are that there are two threads that are semi-related but not at all the same thread?

Reerun_KC 09-30-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15205899)
Don’t really see the need to panic yet.

Postponing to Monday or tuesday basically changes nothing. It’s not like they’re having to reshuffle weeks yet.

I see your point with the schedule. I’m more curious as to the threshold that warrants postponing.

Has anyone given a specific number or % that will be the standard going forward?

Cause you can take each situation separately depending on the team. Has to be a baseline for teams to follow.

FloridaMan88 09-30-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 15205929)
I see your point with the schedule. I’m more curious as to the threshold that warrants postponing.

Has anyone given a specific number or % that will be the standard going forward?

Cause you can take each situation separately depending on the team. Has to be a baseline for teams to follow.

There is no set threshold for cancellation/postponement, instead there is an advisory committee that will assist Goodell with making recommendations on a case by case basis.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...vid-19-issues/

Quote:

The names are now known as to the members of the outside advisory committee that will assist Commissioner Roger Goodell on issues relating to COVID-19, throughout the 2020 season.

They are, per a source with knowledge of the situation, former NFL cornerback Champ Bailey, former NFL receiver Isaac Bruce, former NFL G.M. Charley Casserly, former NFL head coach Tom Coughlin, former NFL head coach Marvin Lewis, former NFL safety Troy Polamalu, former NFL G.M. Bill Polian, and former NFL G.M. Rick Smith.

The league decided to compile a committee of former executives, coaches, and players not currently connected to the NFL, in order to avoid the obvious conflicts of interest that would apply to members of the Competition Committee, who currently are affiliated with teams that will be affected, directly or indirectly, by the decisions the Commissioner may have to make.

As explained during a Wednesday conference call with reporters by NFL executive V.P. of football operations Troy Vincent, the committee will advise Goodell on matters relating to whether games should proceed, and also on issues regarding playoff seeding if some teams play fewer than 16 games in 2020, due to the pandemic.

tyecopeland 09-30-2020 01:20 PM

I just don't like that this is being termed 'a rash of covid cases.' 9 total cases confined to one team and its staff doesn't seem like a rash.

Reerun_KC 09-30-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15205975)
There is no set threshold for cancellation/postponement, instead there is an advisory committee that will assist Goodell with making recommendations on a case by case basis.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...vid-19-issues/

So basically anyone that is a threat to the Patriots? LOL

I’m kidding.

An advisory committee should have a baseline to work with vs just what ever they feel is right.

Reerun_KC 09-30-2020 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15205984)
I just don't like that this is being termed 'a rash of covid cases.' 9 total cases confined to one team and its staff doesn't seem like a rash.

Yep the politics of it is annoying as ****.

tyecopeland 09-30-2020 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15205556)
As was discussed in the other existing thread about this same thing

Q

saphojunkie 09-30-2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 15205929)

this isn't the last time this will happen, but you get better at dealing with the problem. My best guess is that by week 12 some team will have 5 new cases and we won't really bat an eye, because there will be established, effective responses.

the first ones are always the most serious, because you haven't dealt with the problem yet.

Players WILL get covid. It will happen all year.

The goal is not to prevent covid, the goal is to prevent a super spreading event that cripples multiple teams.

My best guess is that we are gonna be watching more football on Tuesdays, and that will be ****ing SWEET.

Pants 09-30-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets (Post 15205921)
Here's an idea: How about if you stay in that thread that you seem irrationally obsessed with, which was about the original COVID outbreak and not the breaking news of the game being postponed, and just let us have a rational discussion in this thread on this particular topic if it bothers you so much that you have to make two separate posts about how annoyed you are that there are two threads that are semi-related but not at all the same thread?

To his credit, that thread was dedicated specifically to this event and the repercussions (e.g. postponement).

This thread dilutes the discussion and is actually a shit thread started by a shit poster, who didn't even bother looking at the fist page in the thread list.

So how's about you shut the **** up, thurman. Loochy had a great point.

Reerun_KC 09-30-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 15206002)
this isn't the last time this will happen, but you get better at dealing with the problem. My best guess is that by week 12 some team will have 5 new cases and we won't really bat an eye, because there will be established, effective responses.

the first ones are always the most serious, because you haven't dealt with the problem yet.

Players WILL get covid. It will happen all year.

The goal is not to prevent covid, the goal is to prevent a super spreading event that cripples multiple teams.

My best guess is that we are gonna be watching more football on Tuesdays, and that will be ****ing SWEET.

Tuesday football or multiple MNF games would be awesome. Won’t complain in the least.

It you would of those with the devastation all off season thy would of put together a solid plan it’d of t omg the wait til this team is decimated by Covid before we react as in this case.

Bowser 09-30-2020 01:41 PM

Soooooo.........

Why aren't they just holding out the players and coaches that showed that tested positive?

Reerun_KC 09-30-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15206028)
Soooooo.........

Why aren't they just holding out the players and coaches that showed that tested positive?

Interesting. But if they had contact with other players. Shouldn’t there be a 14 day quarantine to flatten the curve within that franchise?

Regardless of positive or negative tests?

Marcellus 09-30-2020 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15206028)
Soooooo.........

They are, but they are doing further testing before the game to ensure there aren't other positives they don't know about. They are keeping the players isolated for an incubation period before testing as doing a test 1 or 2 days after exposure is a waste of time.

Demonpenz 09-30-2020 02:08 PM

No one sick and people who are positive know
To querenntee. That's really good for 4 weeks in

chiefforlife 09-30-2020 02:14 PM

My Yahoo league now shows the Steelers having bye weeks in week 4 and 8.

I know its just fantasy but they are showing the Steelers players as out.