ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop How the hell is Marcus Peters playing? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325638)

Baby Lee 10-04-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14498302)
He'd have gotten over it.

I refuse to believe that the camaraderie of this team couldn't have gotten him to at least for 1 year put his head down and play ball.

https://ddbuckingham.files.wordpress...pg?w=423&h=231

RunKC 10-04-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14498185)
We'd have gone to the Super Bowl last year with him on the team. He was playing outstanding football for the least half of the season.

But y'all keep telling yourself that everything the Chiefs do is the right thing...

I don’t think Peters moves the needle. I saw Eric Berry get his shit kicked in by Gronk every time. He wasn’t stopping him. Also saw Hogan making plays on Nelson frequently.

Then I watched Peters get his ass kicked by Edelman in the Super Bowl. Peters wasn’t staying with him. Edelman was smoking that guy.

BryanBusby 10-04-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

I don't even think we really NEED a CB

They do.

DJ's left nut 10-04-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14498313)
I don’t think Peters moves the needle. I saw Eric Berry get his shit kicked in by Gronk every time. He wasn’t stopping him. Also saw Hogan making plays on Nelson frequently.

Then I watched Peters get his ass kicked by Edelman in the Super Bowl. Peters wasn’t staying with him. Edelman was smoking that guy.

Lose by 10 and I agree with you.

But man - one play. We lost because we had probably 6-8 moments where one play changes everything.

I dunno - I just have an awful hard time to convince myself that he couldn't have been directly or indirectly responsible for making one more play.

Buehler445 10-04-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14498345)
Lose by 10 and I agree with you.

But man - one play. We lost because we had probably 6-8 moments where one play changes everything.

I dunno - I just have an awful hard time to convince myself that he couldn't have been directly or indirectly responsible for making one more play.

It cuts both ways though. You know Belicheat would watch film and run right at him. It’s possible the ole tackle he pulls might lead to another 7 by the Cheatriots. If you add another score to that first half it is probably a different game. Don’t forget we had some big defensive plays in the first half when Belicheat was full on physical.

ToxSocks 10-04-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14498185)
We'd have gone to the Super Bowl last year with him on the team. He was playing outstanding football for the least half of the season.

But y'all keep telling yourself that everything the Chiefs do is the right thing...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14498198)
He'd still be the best CB on the roster....he'd also excel in a zone scheme...

Quote:

He'd have gotten over it.

I refuse to believe that the camaraderie of this team couldn't have gotten him to at least for 1 year put his head down and play ball.

But minds were made up on this decision the moment the trigger was pulled - mine included. So it's useless to re-litigate it.

I just have a hard time with the fact that 80% of this board seems to think we can't win a SB without adding a premier CB to the roster but ALSO thinks that we did the right thing by dumping one at the nadir of his value.

I don't even think we really NEED a CB - this team can win a chamionship as presently constituted and I think it will. But I think we damn sure could've used one last year and that's an itch I'm not sure I'll ever get scratched. The 'what might have been' is gonna linger after watching Peters kick ass down the stretch.

These.

ToxSocks 10-04-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14498575)
It cuts both ways though. You know Belicheat would watch film and run right at him. It’s possible the ole tackle he pulls might lead to another 7 by the Cheatriots. If you add another score to that first half it is probably a different game. Don’t forget we had some big defensive plays in the first half when Belicheat was full on physical.

Peters was also fantastic about causing fumbles. So if we wanna play what-ifs, it's possible they'd run right at him and he'd rip the ball right out.

ToxSocks 10-04-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14498313)

That explains why the Pats scored 13 points. Because Edelman was "smoking" him.

:rolleyes:

Bill Brasky 10-04-2019 01:00 PM

https://www.12up.com/posts/chiefs-ge...e-01dpbq17rsb0

Peter's had his head in the clouds last night.

https://twitter.com/ThePhillyPod/sta...32591056736261

Rasputin 10-04-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14497624)
I loved him getting his n00dle cracked but the best part was his team mates pulling him up and jerking him around while he was subconscious.

He could have had shaken baby syndrome

Rasputin 10-04-2019 01:07 PM

Marcus Peters got 'Jacked Up'

MIAdragon 10-04-2019 01:08 PM

I can watch that hit all day long.

Imon Yourside 10-04-2019 01:08 PM

As great as he played here turnover wise and as bad as we need a cb I'm convinced we got rid of him at the right time.

Tonka83 10-04-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14498165)
I think it’s hilarious when people say Peters was overrated as a player here.

3 years in KC:

21 interceptions
5 forced fumbles
5 recovered fumbles
4 defensive scores

212 missed tackles

rtmike 10-04-2019 01:14 PM

Hey lookie there, a cb with his head, hell his whole body turned, lol..