ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Forget Peterson and Ramsey (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325181)

Mecca 09-17-2019 07:32 AM

Meanwhile Howard in Miami responded to the Fitzpatrick trade like this...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/wLbhtqqNv5">pic.twitter.com/wLbhtqqNv5</a></p>&mdash; Xavien Howard (@Iamxavienhoward) <a href="https://twitter.com/Iamxavienhoward/status/1173783845403078656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 17, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sassy Squatch 09-17-2019 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime (Post 14454917)
No lol that twitter person made that shit up stop listening to people on twitter without the blue check mark

I've seen plenty of legit insider info from people without a "blue check mark". That might be one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-17-2019 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14454920)
I've seen plenty of legit insider info from people without a "blue check mark". That might be one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Yeah cause that person had 100 followers yup they have real info lol

The Franchise 09-17-2019 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime (Post 14454930)
Yeah cause that person had 100 followers yup they have real info lol

Quit acting like you’re some twitter guru just because you know how to copy and paste.

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-17-2019 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14454934)
Quit acting like you’re some twitter guru just because you know how to copy and paste.

Not acting lol someone that has a 100 followers is most likely lying

Dunerdr 09-17-2019 07:49 AM

I’m not really buying any of the rumors right now one minute we’re in then we’re out. We have an obvious need an obvious “soft window” with Mahomes on a rookie deal.

O.city 09-17-2019 07:51 AM

As much as I like Ramsey, it just doesn't make sense.

You're talking 2 first rounders and a massive deal. Probably wise to let someone else do that if you're plan is to keep Chris Jones.

Mecca 09-17-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14454947)

You're talking 2 first rounders and a massive deal. Probably wise to let someone else do that if you're plan is to keep Chris Jones.

I could make the argument finding a top of the line CB is much harder than finding DL in todays game.

FAH-Q 09-17-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14454947)

I get the Ramsey deal may not make sense financially, but is there any verification they fully intend on keeping Jones and signing him to a massive deal? If he somehow matches last year's production, that's a huge contract we'd end up giving for another defensive linemen when our overall depth at CB, especially after this year, is almost nonexistent. I almost feel like they intend on franchising Jones and using him as trade bait, sort of like Seattle did with Clark.

O.city 09-17-2019 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14454950)
I could make the argument finding a top of the line CB is much harder than finding DL in todays game.

Then I'd counter that top of the line Cb isn't as necessary because of the rules of the league and you can't really be that aggressive back there anymore.

So having a DL that can be dominant against the pass always takes precedence

St. Patty's Fire 09-17-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14454950)

I would also argue that a good Cb is just flat out more valuable than a good Dl

O.city 09-17-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAH-Q (Post 14454951)
I get the Ramsey deal may not make sense financially, but is there any verification they fully intend on keeping Jones and signing him to a massive deal? If he somehow matches last year's production, that's a huge contract we'd end up giving for another defensive linemen when our overall depth at CB, especially after this year, is almost nonexistent. I almost feel like they intend on franchising Jones and using him as trade bait, sort of like Seattle did with Clark.

If that's what they wanna do, sure.

But Terez seems to insinuate they wanna pay Jones.

Jerm 09-17-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14454957)
Then I'd counter that top of the line Cb isn't as necessary because of the rules of the league and you can't really be that aggressive back there anymore.

Not when your main competition to get to a Super Bowl completely and utterly neutralizes your pass rush.

You need a lock down CB to beat New England...period.

Mecca 09-17-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14454957)

How dominant can you be when everyone's scheme is to throw the ball in 2 seconds?

Look at how NE is built, there is some argument that building back to front is smarter for today's rules and schemes.

St. Patty's Fire 09-17-2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14454963)
How dominant can you be when everyone's scheme is to throw the ball in 2 seconds?

Look at how NE is built, there is some argument that building back to front is smarter for today's rules and schemes.

Ya NE has like 0 names at all on their DL and are absolutely dominant