ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Spags deserves some praise today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325120)

Gravedigger 09-15-2019 06:12 PM

Let’s be honest those two drive killing interceptions were more on the Raiders being the Raiders rather than the Chiefs defense being ballhawks.

Chiefs=Champions 09-15-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14450510)
Let’s be honest those two drive killing interceptions were more on the Raiders being the Raiders rather than the Chiefs defense being ballhawks.

That play by Breeland was text book. You can't put that on the Raiders. Perfect jam.

Easy 6 09-15-2019 06:14 PM

He took their big emotional end of an era sendoff and turned it into 10 points with this still wet behind the ears group.

He turned Sacksquatch Jones loose, he got Gilligan off the island yeeeah

Still wanting another corner, but we certainly got a good look at this groups potential today... they had to hold it down for a bit while Pat figured it all out

Red Dawg 09-15-2019 06:15 PM

A shit ton of praise.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-15-2019 06:23 PM

Here’s my POV.

Defense is showing progress. Fantastic. Keep it rolling.

But DO NOT settle. Still go get your CB, whoever that may be. Leave no doubt.

Titty Meat 09-15-2019 06:28 PM

Will be interesting to see how they do next week. Jackson is on fire right now

Hammock Parties 09-15-2019 06:41 PM

You'll still find idiots here bitching.

In this modern day NFL where total shits can complete 65% holding anyone to 10 points is an excellent day.

This defense is much improved.

Chief Northman 09-15-2019 06:51 PM

They looked somewhat soft early, but the front was playing straight up and the coverages were vanilla. As mentioned in other threads, Spags made adjustments and It is refreshing to see the coverage being multiple. Some of the pass rush concepts were interesting too, with the odd overload combined with rolling coverage - this clearly confused Carr. This is an encouraging development: A defensive play caller that understands how an offense is attacking him, and he counters with changing a lot of pre/post snap looks to affect the offense’s decision making.

jjchieffan 09-15-2019 06:56 PM

I think that next week will surprise a lot of people. The defense is going to shut down Lamar Jackson and we will celebrate another 2 TD+ margin of victory next week.

staylor26 09-15-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14450510)

Lol. Just can’t win with some people.

ThaVirus 09-15-2019 07:02 PM

I still don't think this is, or will be, a very good defense, but they did a good job of settling down and letting Carr be Carr.

I'd like to see the DBs work on defending the deep ball. Brady and Rivers are just going to be chucking the ball up and letting our guys shit their pants.

petegz28 09-15-2019 07:09 PM

36 points allowed in 2 games. 7 if not 14 arguably are garbage time points. Even at face value that's 18 points a game.

No one should ever bitch about 18 points a game average. Especially with our offense.

Bob Dole 09-15-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14450570)
Will be interesting to see how they do next week. Jackson is on fire right now

Pretty sure I had to listen to 20 talking heads last week telling me Carr was on fire, too.

chiefzilla1501 09-15-2019 07:23 PM

Hard to imagine Reid can get any hungrier (haha) but he seems like a different coach too.

This is usually a game where we slam the brakes in the 4th quarter, especially with Mahomes' ankle. We didn't. Last week, Reid seemed like he wanted Mahomes to obliterate Ramsey late in the game. Maybe part of it is more trust in Spags. Definitely more trust in Mahomes. Maybe part of him is still pissed off about New England last year. In any event, I hope we never let up. This is good Andy.

ThyKingdomCome15 09-15-2019 07:26 PM

Clark and Jones are beasts. Breeland looked good. Ward did pretty good. Fuller had a good day.

Defense is still gelling. Miscues were evident early. They really cleaned it up though. Good game.