ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Lost a beloved pet today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324842)

J Diddy 09-04-2019 02:14 PM

Losing a beloved family member sucks. Happened to me recently and I am still hung up on it. God bless you and your family. I imagine heaven being full of our pets playing, running, jumping and healthy. If not then why would anyone want to go

Kman34 09-04-2019 02:23 PM

Sorry for your loss.. we’ve gone through it 3 times in our family and it is heart wrenching each time.. our pets are part of our family and leave a hole in our hearts...

JohnnyHammersticks 09-04-2019 03:37 PM

So sorry to hear this. Hang in there buddy.

stumppy 09-04-2019 04:02 PM

Sorry to hear it man. Dogs are the best.

mlyonsd 09-04-2019 06:10 PM

Sorry man. You'll meet up again. Book it.

wisconsinchief 09-04-2019 06:11 PM

My deepest condolences. Our pets are a member of the family - sometimes the best part. I've been there and it hurts, still.

Ribbs67 09-04-2019 07:16 PM

I'm so sorry for your lost TLO.. it's hard enough to lose one and even harder watching the family member struggle with guilt. My heart goes out.

IA_Chiefs_fan 09-04-2019 07:31 PM

I'm very sorry you and your family are going through this :-(

Rain Man 09-04-2019 08:25 PM

Sorry to hear, TLO, and all the others in this thread who have lost family.

KS Smitty 09-04-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14423312)
That's what I keep telling myself. We gave him a loving home for over 15 years. In the end he went quickly and didn't suffer. He lived a full, happy, joyful life with my family and I.

There are still a number of animals at Mom and Dad's that will all be loved until the end. They're just all getting old.. and I know the end is coming for them sooner rather than later. And witnessing this accident take place... it's eating away at me. I can't get the image out of my head.

My daughters dog got hit by a car in front of the house 25 years ago and I am still haunted by seeing her injuries. Drank a fifth of rum that night. Hugs TLO, it'll get better but you wont ever unsee it.

lewdog 09-04-2019 08:51 PM

Had to put down what was a very healthy 7 year old cat last weekend. Basically happened overnight where she got fluid in her lungs and within 24 hours there wasn't a lot to do besides ending it. It was very sad as my 1.5 year old just learned her name and would call her. He still is calling her at times, although I don't think he totally understands she's never coming back.

Very sorry TLO. Animals are pretty incredible and losing them quickly is very hard.

jerryaldini 09-04-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 14423187)
"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."- Winnie the Pooh.

That's profound, encouraging and heartbreaking at the same time. We are fortunate to experience the depth of love and devotion, but then cursed to eventually lose all that we ever loved. Such is the precarious position of being human.

What gblowfish said. We focus on all that was gained, and accept that everything has a season. I'm sure what you witnessed makes this even more difficult.

My dad died when I was 5. I met an old man today who was born in the same month and year he was, and also served in Korea. We chatted for a long while, and I thought about what might have been. It all came back for a bit, but I've grown to accept what is. May time bring its peace and acceptance.