ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Which Safety Do You Want the Chiefs To Sign? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321406)

WhawhaWhat 02-19-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angry fan (Post 14114519)
I think this question depends on the type of scheme Steve Spagnuolo likes to run.

He already knows Landon Collins so if they had a good relationship that might tip the scales to him. Maybe if Dee Ford doesn't fit the new scheme they could trade player for player.

Iconic 02-19-2019 03:42 PM

I'd rather draft Adderley

htismaqe 02-19-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 14114753)
I'd rather draft Adderley

Yep.

YontsRBake 02-19-2019 03:53 PM

The top 3 isn’t happening in reality so I’ll go with Honey Badger. In all honesty HB may be the better option between him and Amos.

htismaqe 02-19-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YontsRBake (Post 14114782)
The top 3 isn’t happening in reality so I’ll go with Honey Badger. In all honesty HB may be the better option between him and Amos.

He's a liability in the deep middle unfortunately. I don't think any of the options are all that great. They can't afford the top 2. Amos will likely get more than he's worth. And HB isn't a great all-around player. HaHa might be okay but he struggles in coverage too.

SAUTO 02-19-2019 03:57 PM

**** honey badger.

I'd rather berry stand on the sidelines I think

YontsRBake 02-19-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14114784)
He's a liability in the deep middle unfortunately. I don't think any of the options are all that great. They can't afford the top 2. Amos will likely get more than he's worth. And HB isn't a great all-around player. HaHa might be okay but he struggles in coverage too.

I think his cost is a lot more worth the risk to get him to even 90% of what he was in 2015 vs whatever Amos could potentially be for his higher cost. I think Earl and Collins are completely unrealistic options though.

SAUTO 02-19-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YontsRBake (Post 14114790)
I think his cost is a lot more worth the risk to get him to even 90% of what he was in 2015 vs whatever Amos could potentially be for his higher cost. I think Earl and Collins are completely unrealistic options though.

90 percent of what he was 4 years ago? You're dreaming

MTG#10 02-19-2019 05:04 PM

All of them

CaliforniaChief 02-19-2019 05:20 PM

I don't really know enough about the x's and o's of being a safety to make an educated comment but I will add this about Jordan Lucas, and maybe it's been said before:

If you watch the video after the AFC Championship Game, that dude was emotionally wrecked afterwards...like needing help just walking to the locker room because he was so devastated. It was hard to watch, but good to see. That kid cares. And if he can continue to develop and be coached up, I'd love to see him contribute.

That doesn't mean we don't need more because we most definitely do. But I love that kid now.

KChiefs1 02-19-2019 06:31 PM

Whoever Spags wants.

CoMoChief 02-19-2019 06:48 PM

Collins will most likely be tagged, so we can almost rule him out. If by chance he isn't tagged..then he's definitely the ideal choice. He's one of the better safeties in the NFL, and he's played under Spags in the past and excelled under him.

Earl Thomas is good, but he's going to be 30 soon. I'd rather have someone that's younger. Plus he's coming off of a major injury so I'd pass. Adrian Amos (Bears) would be my next choice if Chiefs aren't able to land Collins. Then Clinton-Dix, then Mathieu in that order.

Chiefs probably need to draft 2 safeties. Some guys to consider...
-Thompson
-Abram
-Hooker
-Adderely
-Savage Jr.
-Thornhill
-Gardner-Johnson
-M.Edwards

Berry won't play, Watts will essentially be a rookie still, although he probably has the most upside out of what the Chiefs have at the moment. Currently Jordan Lucas is JAG although he has the chance to improve, Sorensen will most likely be cut (and sucks anyway), and Murray is also trash.

bricks 02-19-2019 07:18 PM

Best option is the draft. Go young. Draft and sign guys to rookie contracts and coach the shit out of them and develop them.

If they could somehow get both Abram and Adderley, that would be great.

big nasty kcnut 02-19-2019 08:16 PM

EVERYONE!

tmax63 02-20-2019 08:12 AM

Where's the choice of "whoever doesn't get tagged"?