ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why is Mahomes incapable of running a 4 minute offense (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320661)

d12115415 01-20-2019 10:13 PM

Pats diehard and I am equally shocked that they allowed Brady the ball back with just over 2 minutes. Is Reid dumb? LOL

Easy 6 01-20-2019 10:14 PM

Oh my here we go, an inexplicable flight of idiocy from Iconic

carcosa 01-20-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d12115415 (Post 14058753)
Pats diehard and I am equally shocked that they allowed Brady the ball back with just over 2 minutes. Is Reid dumb? LOL

drown yourself

treeguy27 01-20-2019 10:21 PM

The OP is dumber than Dee Ford.

Papi 01-20-2019 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 14058772)
drown yourself

Walk into traffic.
OP is absolutely right. Defense sucked all day. You don't count on them to get the stop. Should try not to even let them take the field.
Did we even run the ball once that drive?

dlphg9 01-20-2019 10:22 PM

You take whats open you ****ing idiot. God damn I swear some of you "oh my god they scored too fast" idiots also **** your sisters.

Simplicity 01-20-2019 10:22 PM

I can't believe it... Our fanbase has reached new levels of stupidity. We have people on here actually complaining about having the league MVP as our QB and him scoring to go ahead in the biggest game of the year. I've seen stupidity but not quite like this. THE DEFENSE ARE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES AND NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

chiefzilla1501 01-20-2019 10:25 PM

Good grief. I get riled up about Reid from time to time. But he didn't lose us this game. Mahomes didn't lose us this game. We got beat by an experienced as hell team that made plays and played excellent defense. I'm mad as hell. But can't be mad at our coaches and players. I'm proud of them.

Papi 01-20-2019 10:27 PM

Well if scoring without burning hardly any clock was a good strategy then why aren't we going to the Super bowl?
Yeah defense sucked... We already knew this... so you reduce their time on the field.

DrunkBassGuitar 01-20-2019 10:27 PM

It's Mahomes first year as a starter. He'll learn. He's obviously very smart and extremely talented. What to do in unique situations will develop with experience.

Relax, Mahomes is the reason we were in this game, and would probably have won if the coin falls our way in OT

Rams Fan 01-20-2019 10:34 PM

Reid burning a TO on the challenge and the time management on that possession deserved to be scrutinized.

Mahomes doesn't.

DRM08 01-20-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 14058805)
I can't believe it... Our fanbase has reached new levels of stupidity. We have people on here actually complaining about having the league MVP as our QB and him scoring to go ahead in the biggest game of the year. I've seen stupidity but not quite like this. THE DEFENSE ARE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES AND NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

Sutton needs to go at least. Reid will probably let him stay though. :(

Chiefshrink 01-20-2019 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 14058617)
We got the ball with 3:26 left on the clock down 4 in the fourth. Instead of taking our time, we ran a 7 play drive with 4 of those plays being deep shots by Mahomes. This matters. Closing games matters. That's how you win in this league and why Brady is regarded as the GOAT.

I have always said we are soft in the trenches and that is where the game is won when it counts. Our trench play tonight was very soft we could not run nor could we get to Tom Brady. However they could run the ball and they got to Mahomes. And even in spite of those two things we could not do we still should’ve won that game and we lost on a mental error not performance or play but a mental error. You eliminate that we are in the Super Bowl. Just unacceptable!

Scorpion05 01-20-2019 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 14058564)
If scoring too fast is an issue, you have bigger problems -- like a shitty defense.

Some of you are way too childish, or haven't been watching football for too long.

Tell me the last time a quick strike offense won the Super Bowl. Name a recent one, if ever. I'll wait

Ball control matters. I argued it on this forum and some of you stubbornly wouldn't listen. Reid's problem has always been ball control and a consistent run game or run play calling. Even Doug Pederson understood the importance of the run game last year. That Jay Ajayi trade was the smartest thing the front office did last season. They leveraged that with an explosive offense. Take the short passes and the 5 yard runs. The problem is, you have a ridiculously talented QB in Mahomes, and a ridiculous talented passing play caller in Reid. They don't balance each other out in that sense

Reid rarely leverages his explosive passing game with a good run game. Even with Hunt, he's never been known as a grind it out coach. It can win you PLENTY of regular season games. It doesn't work for the playoffs. It's why Peyton Manning struggled in the playoffs at times.

JakeF 01-20-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 14058518)
Chiefs Why is Mahomes incapable of running a 4 minute offense

2-minute, 4-minute offenses require teamwork and that requires coaching.

Our coaching staff just isn't that polished. Andy Reid is a great offensive mind but doesn't seem to be a good Head Coach.

We weren't really prepared for today's game. We are still sloppy as hell and make tons of bonehead mistakes. All season long we've played 1 good half and 1 bad half in games. We lead the league in penalties and have been in the top 10 in the last 3 years.

Either Andy Reid doesn't want to discipline the team for these mistakes or is incapable of getting the team to do what he wants.