ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is this going to be the loudest game ever at Arrowhead? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320468)

Hammock Parties 01-15-2019 04:52 PM

dudes it's going to be crazy

i sat down twice at patty's great div

chinaski 01-15-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers (Post 14041691)
Cowturd is an idiot. The only person who likes to listen to his dribble is the Turd himself

I watch Colin with the volume down just to see Joy. :)

mabortchief 01-15-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrund (Post 14041921)
If you REALLY want to make some noise, especially with gloves on, the key is pounding on the chair backs. I remember a game one time a number of years ago when everybody starting pounding on the seats and it sounded like a jet was taking off.

Someone should put together a really well designed guide/rules for going to a home game. Things like.. plan on standing 95% of the time. To create more noise do "x" things, etc.

Chiefnj2 01-15-2019 05:39 PM

It would be awesome if CP members around the stadium started some chants that could be heard on tv.

I was thinking after NE's first punt everyone should chant "Gisele likes Patrick"

After the second punt sing the chorus to Glory Days.

I'm sure the Planet can come up with some funny and semi-clean chants that the entire stadium could get into

Discuss Thrower 01-15-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 14042096)
It would be awesome if CP members around the stadium started some chants that could be heard on tv.

I was thinking after NE's first punt everyone should chant "Gisele likes Patrick"

I'm sure the Planet can come up with some funny and semi-clean chants that the entire stadium could get into

There's an inverse correlation between the amount of syllables in a chant and the ease in which that chant is joined by a large group of people.

crispystl 01-15-2019 05:46 PM

I don't know if the entire stadium will be the loudest it's ever been, but I'll gauran ****ing tee you Section 346, Row 39, Seat 25 will be the loudest it has EVER been.

Chiefnj2 01-15-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14042101)
There's an inverse correlation between the amount of syllables in a chant and the ease in which that chant is joined by a large group of people.

"Gisele likes Patrick " is too complicated?

Discuss Thrower 01-15-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 14042146)
"Gisele likes Patrick " is too complicated?

In getting enough people to join in at the start absolutely.

ClevelandBronco 01-15-2019 06:06 PM

For a little while.

underEJ 01-15-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabortchief (Post 14041999)
Someone should put together a really well designed guide/rules for going to a home game. Things like.. plan on standing 95% of the time. To create more noise do "x" things, etc.

put a few quarters in an empty plastic water bottle and shake. louder than those noise maker things.

arrwheader 01-15-2019 06:29 PM

Sound does, indeed, "carry better" when air is calm and bitterly cold. Sound normally travels outward in all directions from its source. However, when air is bitterly cold, a strong "temperature inversion" (warm air above cold air) exists, and this resists the usual upward movement of sound. Sound waves heading up tend to reflect off the sharp temperature (and density) boundary that exists between the cold and warm layers, and sound waves return to the surface--often at a considerable distance from their source.

Frigid air is also extremely dense--sound waves travel well in such air. And, with no wind, background noise is at a minimum. Distant sounds can be clearly heard.

displacedinMN 01-15-2019 06:31 PM

cold, low humidity helps chances

wind, heavier clothing hurts chances

so, I would say no

arrwheader 01-15-2019 06:37 PM

Is this going to be the loudest game ever at Arrowhead?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 14042229)
Sound does, indeed, "carry better" when air is calm and bitterly cold. Sound normally travels outward in all directions from its source. However, when air is bitterly cold, a strong "temperature inversion" (warm air above cold air) exists, and this resists the usual upward movement of sound. Sound waves heading up tend to reflect off the sharp temperature (and density) boundary that exists between the cold and warm layers, and sound waves return to the surface--often at a considerable distance from their source.

Frigid air is also extremely dense--sound waves travel well in such air. And, with no wind, background noise is at a minimum. Distant sounds can be clearly heard.

So the field will be warmer than the air so we won’t get the best effect but I bet it will still be very loud.

Hammock Parties 01-15-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 14042229)

https://www.prosoundweb.com/wp-conte...03air3a-3b.jpg

007 01-15-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 14042096)

Personally, I'd love for everyone to turn their backs and make no sounds at all when the pats come out