ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Patrick Mahomes remains humble, deflects praise after record-setting day (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317482)

suzzer99 09-16-2018 10:15 PM

I forgot that last win at Pittsburgh was the game that put us in the playoffs in '86. Also unfortunately what ushered in the Frank Gansz era.

Alpha Shemale 09-16-2018 10:17 PM

The rest of the league, "There must be a way to kill it!"

Us, "You still don't know what you're dealing with. The perfect footballing organism"

yeah, boyees

Pitt Gorilla 09-16-2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 13739066)
True. I gotta give Andy credit. He waited just long enough.

Alex was the stop gap. He stopped the bleeding. Mahomes takes us to the next level.

Andy never got duped into reaching for the wrong QB. He won a bunch of games, waited patiently, and grabbed the right guy. He played this brilliantly.

Imagine the dumpster fire we would be right now if he would’ve reached for Geno Smith with that first number 1 overall pick.

There were people here who wanted Lynch. Fortunately, only elway was dumb enough to trade up for him.

Frazod 09-16-2018 10:21 PM

One of the NBC guys made an excellent point earlier this evening - Mahomes is 3-0 with 10 touchdowns as a starter, and has yet to play a game at Arrowhead.

carcosa 09-16-2018 11:05 PM

I love him and I'm in love with him

BigRedChief 09-16-2018 11:06 PM

Already talks like a PC All-Star.

kysirsoze 09-17-2018 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13739334)
I love him and I'm in love with him

^^^^^

-King- 09-17-2018 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 13739019)
Words can not describe how excited I am to finally have a real QB.

Words cannot describe how hard of a time I'm having staying rational about him. My conservative prediction for touchdowns this season is 40! And that's my conservative prediction. I'm be becoming just like the Mahomers I made fun of this off season.
Posted via Mobile Device

farmerchief 09-17-2018 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 13739149)
I have said this before on the Planet, but Reid is following in the footsteps of Vermeil, and has to be stooped by cHunt or God before he wastes this offensive talent on a piece of [emoji90] Defensive Coordinator just because some ridiculous sense of loyalty. He was actually praising Bob Sutton after the game, saying he made great adjustments.

We have never won a playoff game with a QB we drafted. We have what appears to be a true franchise QB. We have the best group of wide receivers in team history. We have the best TE, and a running back who has already led the league in rushing and it's only his second year. But we have a terrible secondary, almost no pass rush to speak of, and a DC and defensive scheme and strategy that doesn't fit the personnel.

As fans of this franchise we deserve Patrick Mahomes. What we don't deserve is Greg Robinson 2.0 aka Bob Sutton.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I wonder if Andy even questions some of Suttons defensive schemes and game plans, in his own mind, anyway???? Or, even if the score is 99-98 and we are on top, and win, that is all that matters to Andy?:hmmm:

Lzen 09-17-2018 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13739451)
Words cannot describe how hard of a time I'm having staying rational about him. My conservative prediction for touchdowns this season is 40! And that's my conservative prediction. I'm be becoming just like the Mahomers I made fun of this off season.
Posted via Mobile Device

No kidding. I want to temper my optimism but damn, this kid is playing lights out!

Lzen 09-17-2018 06:56 AM

This piece has a lot of good stuff in it but this part really stood out to me.
Quote:

...the rest of the players raising their performances alongside their swaggering quarterback.
This is what great QBs do, they make everyone around them (on offense) better. It's still early but all signs are pointing that way. I agree with Clay in a way. Not that I want to see close games or the Chiefs getting behind and having to come back to win a game, but I am curious as to how Pat will handle something like that. I suspect that he will handle it like a boss, but you never know until it happens.

RUSH 09-17-2018 06:56 AM

The quotes from Kelce and Conley stick out, because based on what I saw, they absolutely mean it.

I sat behind the Chiefs bench yesterday and my biggest takeaway was how calm and confident the entire team was considering what was transpiring on the field and the hostile environment. Even the defense. We as fans are getting there in terms of the ability to overcome so much due to this QB, but the team is already there after seeing this guy for the past year and a half. It's obvious that they know they have a star and the level of respect they have for a such a young guy is jarring. The guys love him and Pat just oozes confidence.

I was sitting there in complete confidence that they had this W throughout the game and I'm naturally pessimistic with this team. It was such a strange feeling. We are entering a very special era for this franchise.

And yes the Steelers fans tears tasted glorious. Just so helpless and witnessed meltdown after meltdown.

BigRedChief 09-17-2018 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 13739626)
And yes the Steelers fans tears tasted glorious. Just so helpless and witnessed meltdown after meltdown.

They have crushed our hopes so many times. It was a fantastic moment. There should be more of these now that we have a difference maker at QB.

ARROW2 09-17-2018 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 13739619)
No kidding. I want to temper my optimism but damn, this kid is playing lights out!

I CAN'T!!!!!!!! I have been pining for this dude since he was drafted. I don't have to watch 30 games to see special talent.

ptlyon 09-17-2018 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 13739625)
This piece has a lot of good stuff in it but this part really stood out to me.

And this part did for me:

Quote:

After halftime, Reid gave the full offensive game plan over to Mahomes.
Amazing. Third start and Andy is like "There ya go kid. I'll be over here eating a hot dog if you need anything."