ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Andy Reid Offense (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268554)

BlackHelicopters 01-06-2013 10:22 AM

Punting is an offensive play. How does D Colquitt fit into this offense?

KChiefer 01-06-2013 10:23 AM

What Bowe lacks in separation he makes up for in size and adjustment, and if the CB misses the tackle, goodbye. And if we get a QB with a damn, Bowe won't have to do his best "swan lake" every. single. time. he's single covered deep.

I get that Baldwin and Bowe are of a similar type, but when coming of a 2-14 season while having a ton of cap room, you do not let your best player at a position walk.

crazycoffey 01-06-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9287730)
ROFL Yeah, but sometimes some of that cesspool finds their way here. Ones sent to EP wouldn't be able to.

Easy fix, three day waiting period after every post in dc. So they'd have to really want to come over here to make a comment.

BossChief 01-06-2013 10:26 AM

Bowe ran a 4.4 flat at his pro day.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-06-2013 10:27 AM

On 2nd thought Bowe doesn't fit. Better get James Thrash and Fred Ex on the phone....ASAP

ChiefGator 01-06-2013 10:30 AM

And Breaston is slightly faster than Bowe (ran 4.46 in the combine six years ago). I think having a QB that actually looks around for a second target before the dropdown will help him tremendously.

Wouldn't hurt to get a crazy speedster, but I don't think that is an absolute necessity.

chiefzilla1501 01-06-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9287755)
Bowe ran a 4.4 flat at his pro day.

Yeah, sorry, didn't want to suggest that he's slow. Bowe can stretch the field in his own right, but not nearly in the same way a guy like Wallace or Maclin can.

ChiefGator 01-06-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9287738)
But Wallace might be an even better guy. The combo of Wallace and Bowe is fap worthy.

That would be tremendous.

petegz28 01-06-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9287716)
Why don't you create another thread discussing shit that has been discussed in countless threads.

Dummy.

So you don't know then?

BossChief 01-06-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9287774)
Yeah, sorry, didn't want to suggest that he's slow. Bowe can stretch the field in his own right, but not nearly in the same way a guy like Wallace or Maclin can.

No way to tell.

I actually think Bowe would be able to stretch the field better than Wallace in some respects because he runs all the routes and defenders have to respect that. Wallace is almost strictly a speed guy.

I'd love to have Maclin, but I don't think it would be smart to pay Bowe AND Maclin....we would be better served to take a WR in the second or third round and sign Bowe while keeping Breaston around.

threebag 01-06-2013 10:39 AM

Do you think the Andy Reis defense can stack up against an Andy Reid offense?

chiefzilla1501 01-06-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9287794)
No way to tell.

I actually think Bowe would be able to stretch the field better than Wallace in some respects because he runs all the routes and defenders have to respect that. Wallace is almost strictly a speed guy.

I'd love to have Maclin, but I don't think it would be smart to pay Bowe AND Maclin....we would be better served to take a WR in the second or third round and sign Bowe while keeping Breaston around.

Locking up Bowe is #1 priority. He has ability to be a TO type receiver under Reid. A guy who can run the entire route tree and can also be a home run threat. But Reid has typically had a pure speed guy. Whether that was Todd Pinkston or Desean Jackson or Jeremy Maclin. Think he loves speed guys more than traditional WCOs do.

BossChief 01-06-2013 10:43 AM

Devon Wylie or a draft pick.

Wallace wants top 3 money...no way in hell I'd lock up over 20 million a year in Bowe and Wallace.

chiefzilla1501 01-06-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9287805)
Devon Wylie or a draft pick.

Wallace wants top 3 money...no way in hell I'd lock up over 20 million a year in Bowe and Wallace.

Doesn't have to be Wallace. But I see Wylie and McCluster as two guys who are more YAC receivers. Get them the ball in space and let them make some crazy moves to get upfield. They're more underneath guys. I'm talking about a "yards before the catch" receiver. Bowe is good at that, but he doesn't have the elite speed of a Wallace or Maclin. Reid likes to have some of those, and none of those guys are on our team right now.

Deberg_1990 01-06-2013 10:48 AM

How does Jake O Connell fit in this offense?