ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Polarizing Players and Chiefs Fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268128)

CaliforniaChief 12-29-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9248051)
I am astounded that his most impressive trait (to me) is not even listed on here. To me it's the most important trait a QB can have.

This guy is accurate. Sometimes I don't know whether to be concerned that he just threw into triple coverage, or amazed the threaded it right to the WR for a score.

Yeah, and then there's that.

There are two reasons he isn't far and away considered #1:
1. The defense he plays with.
2. The color of his skin/position he plays.

That will change when teams meet him up close and personal.

Saulbadguy 12-29-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9248054)
Racism? Give me a break. Its uneducated fans just listening to all the draft "gurus" who are ignorantly trying to compare this year's class to last year's. I think most fans were pretty excited at the time for the Herm hire, and I know pretty much all fans were excited about bringing in Crennel as the D coordinator. Has nothing to do with racism for most, we just have a lot of ignorant fans.

This post is racist.

candyman 12-29-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9248056)
This post is racist.

I cant be racist, Im black. :)

Old Dog 12-29-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9247927)
:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9247954)
:rolleyes:

Methinks ya'll need to check the batteries in your sarcasm meters

Dave Lane 12-29-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9247924)
What the **** are you guys talking about? Racism is dead. Particularly in the midwest.

95% of those that don't want a "running QB" are using that as code for black QB. And like Floppy alluded to is grounded in racism.

Old Dog 12-29-2012 09:41 AM

Anyone touting Geno as a running QB hasn't watched him play.....but I agree with you Dave

candyman 12-29-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9248066)
95% of those that don't want a "running QB" are using that as code for black QB. And like Floppy alluded to is grounded in racism.

Why do you assume that is the reason? Why couldn't the reason be because running QB's are more prone to big hits/injury?

CaliforniaChief 12-29-2012 09:42 AM

What's funny is that Geno really isn't a running QB. He should probably run MORE than he does now.

Lex Luthor 12-29-2012 09:44 AM

It's not racism. It's just stupidity and ignorance.

The myth that a black man can't play quarterback was debunked long ago. The only people who think Geno Smith isn't far and away the best quarterback in the draft are idiots who don't really follow football that closely and don't really know what Geno Smith brings to the table. They just get their opinions from Mel Kiper and parrot what they hear.

A very good friend of mine (he's white) insists that Geno Smith is not the best quarterback prospect this year. He has been married for 15 years to a black woman. I'm pretty sure his opinion is not based upon racism.

InChiefsHeaven 12-29-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9248074)

The myth that a black man can't play quarterback was debunked long ago. The only people who think Geno Smith isn't far and away the best quarterback in the draft are idiots who don't really follow football that closely and don't really know what Geno Smith brings to the table. They just get their opinions from Mel Kiper and parrot what they hear.

A very good friend of mine (he's white) insists that Geno Smith is not the best quarterback prospect this year. He has been married for 15 years to a black woman. I'm pretty sure his opinion is not based upon racism.

Trophy wife. Married her to hide his racism. Obviously.

FAX 12-29-2012 09:48 AM

I worry sometimes that people are ignoring the 500 pound fat man in the room. Racism (or, more accurately, bigotry), sadly, is alive and well. I know this to be an inarguable factoid.

To whistle past that dark alley is almost as bad as the issue itself. You cannot tell me that there are people (and lots of them) who want to see a white quarterback under center for the Chiefs. Geno Smith scares the hell out of a lot of fans ... although they would never have the courage to admit it.

FAX

ChiTown 12-29-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9247930)
chiefs fans are mostly dumb as shit and happy to go another decade without drafting a QB, much less a black one...

Sadly, THIS!

the Talking Can 12-29-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9248069)
Why do you assume that is the reason? Why couldn't the reason be because running QB's are more prone to big hits/injury?

he isn't a running qb

the only reason it gets mentioned is because he is black

candyman 12-29-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9248074)

Totally agreed. I dont think people truly understand how much football ignorance this fan base has. Even if people do look at Geno and assume he's a running QB just because he's black it doesnt mean they're racist. Most black QB's have been running QB's just like most white QB's are pocket passers. People just need to watch more college ball before they bitch about a potential draft pick.

InChiefsHeaven 12-29-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9248081)
I worry sometimes that people are ignoring the 500 pound fat man in the room. Racism (or, more accurately, bigotry), sadly, is alive and well. I know this to be an inarguable factoid.

To whistle past that dark alley is almost as bad as the issue itself. You cannot tell me that there are people (and lots of them) who want to see a white quarterback under center for the Chiefs. Geno Smith scares the hell out of a lot of fans ... although they would never have the courage to admit it.

FAX

I respect your opinion Mr. Fax...but it is just that, an opinion. Based on your world experience etc. There is no real proof that your assertion is true. Just your gut feeling. I personally think that those who think as you say they do are not as large a majority as you seem to. But I guess that's just MY opinion.

Why is it acceptable to have a black star running back, a black star reciever, a black star linebacker (or 3), but suddenly this racist fan base would have a problem with a black qb?