ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****Official 2011 ChiefsPlanet Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242250)

DeezNutz 03-03-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7464811)
probably patterson....but green is a great wr...not sure he's at a Calvin Johnson level due to build, but without a clear #1 QB choice, why not...

very glad the mock draft is back....

Really? You're that high on Patterson? Don't get me wrong, great prospect, but I don't see him in the mold of other elite CBs for some reason. Perhaps because I just haven't seen enough of him.

Titty Meat 03-03-2011 02:31 PM

Meccas back?

the Talking Can 03-03-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7464834)
Really? You're that high on Patterson? Don't get me wrong, great prospect, but I don't see him in the mold of other elite CBs for some reason. Perhaps because I just haven't seen enough of him.

*edit*..his last name is Peterson, my bad...patterson was a kentucky bball player

i guess i was thinking about raw talent...he's pretty much a freak of nature....and i think the safest pick in the top 10, with Green a close second

he's just one of those guys you watch play and say 'wow....wow'...and he makes big plays too, not just flashy

doomy3 03-03-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7464811)
probably patterson....but green is a great wr...not sure he's at a Calvin Johnson level due to build, but without a clear #1 QB choice, why not...

very glad the mock draft is back....

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7464834)

For some reason I could not figure out who the hell TTC was talking about. I could not think of a Patterson in this draft.

But yes, Patrick Peterson is an absolute stud. When I originally had the Panthers in this mock before changing, I was trying to decide between Green, Newton, Bowers and Peterson. I am usually not a fan of picking a CB that high, but Peterson is elite.

DeezNutz 03-03-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7464924)
*edit*..his last name is Peterson, my bad...

LSU guys answer to anything. I knew exactly whom you were referring to, though I perpetuated the mistake.

the Talking Can 03-03-2011 02:53 PM

not sure the position is worth such a high pick...but everyone else has risks either due to position - QB - or background - one year wonders, suspensions,,,

i think he is near Eric Berry level in terms of being the real deal....

Rams Fan 03-03-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7464604)
Given his inconsistent nature, if he missed this first pick, we'll toss him and give his picks to someone else.

If he doesn't post, who would be in?

The Franchise 03-03-2011 05:52 PM

If it comes down to it and we have to give Mecca's teams to someone else.....I think we should just split them up between two people who are already in the draft. That would be a lot easier than trying to find another person.

Sfeihc 03-03-2011 06:00 PM

I nominate me to take one of his teams. Ya know being a fellow Red Wing fan and all.:)

Titty Meat 03-03-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7465342)
If it comes down to it and we have to give Mecca's teams to someone else.....I think we should just split them up between two people who are already in the draft. That would be a lot easier than trying to find another person.

I agree preferably someone who either picks before or after him most rounds too. It'd help speed things up.

The Franchise 03-03-2011 06:09 PM

I'll take one of the teams. You can give me the Broncos.....considering I draft close to them anyways.

Sfeihc 03-03-2011 06:12 PM

The Jags don't conflict with either of my two teams.

ChiefsCountry 03-03-2011 06:46 PM

AJ Green, nice pic Pes. He is the best player in the draft.

BigChiefFan 03-03-2011 07:13 PM

We should all CONFIRM we'll be ready to pick on the first day, if you're in the top 5, probably top 10 of the draft.

Direckshun 03-03-2011 08:03 PM

Welp, that first pick sucked ass.

Sorry, I love ya Pest, but you really lost the draft on that one. You picked a WR without elite speed #1 overall. Not only is that a poor investment, it's a historically bad investment. I dare you to find that happening one other time in NFL history.

I would have gone Marcell Dareus or Cam Newton or picked perhaps the best CB prospect in NFL history, which is something that actually warrants the record books. Not AJ Green.

I submit that Pest be robbed of all his picks to me for the remainder of the Mock Draft to maintain its integrity.