ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The New York Times is not a fan of this weekend's games. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320767)

SuperBowl4 01-22-2019 06:09 AM

Time to revisit Marv Levy's "You've been bought" clip on YouTube - "What it takes to win is simple, it's not easy" - Marv Levy

scho63 01-22-2019 06:33 AM

I think your thread title is off. They sound like they really liked them but hated the officiating.

VAChief 01-22-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannah Barbarian (Post 14062865)
No mention of Berry grappling Gronk? Especially in the light of later JC Jackson's ticky tacky DPI?

Ah it's New York Times. Ok then

Or Gronk pushing off to create separation later with no call.

Sassy Squatch 01-22-2019 08:54 AM

Statement from the Saints owner. It's quite a bit longer than this but this is the most pertinent part.

Yesterday’s result is still difficult to accept for all of us. I am thoroughly disappointed by the events that led to the outcome of yesterday’s game. Getting to the Super Bowl is incredibly difficult to do and takes such an unbelievable commitment from a team and support from its fans. No team should ever be denied the opportunity to reach the title game (or simply win a game) based on the actions, or inactions, of those charged with creating a fair and equitable playing field. As is clear to all who watched the game, it is undeniable that our team and fans were unfairly deprived of that opportunity yesterday. I have been in touch with the NFL regarding yesterday’s events and will aggressively pursue changes in NFL policies to ensure no team and fan base is ever put in a similar position again. It is a disservice to our coaches, players, employees and, most importantly, the fans who make our game possible. The NFL must always commit to providing the most basic of expectations - fairness and integrity.

VAChief 01-22-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14061939)
The roughing call was on 2nd down, I have hard time getting too pissed ass they likely convert 3rd and 7.

Except it was pressure and he got hit. It wiped the slate clean. Yeah, you never know how they would react, but third and 7 is a hell of a lot better than first and 10 and fifteen yards for free.

VAChief 01-22-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14061726)
As pissed as we are today, rightly or wrongly in regards to the refs, could you imagine being a Saints fan right now and dealing with that lack of a pass interference call? Absolutely brutal.

Absolutely, they overlook that play yet, Dee Ford's fingers over the line gets called.

Nzoner 01-22-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14063112)
Statement from the Saints owner. It's quite a bit longer than this but this is the most pertinent part.

Yesterday’s result is still difficult to accept for all of us. I am thoroughly disappointed by the events that led to the outcome of yesterday’s game. Getting to the Super Bowl is incredibly difficult to do and takes such an unbelievable commitment from a team and support from its fans. No team should ever be denied the opportunity to reach the title game (or simply win a game) based on the actions, or inactions, of those charged with creating a fair and equitable playing field. As is clear to all who watched the game, it is undeniable that our team and fans were unfairly deprived of that opportunity yesterday. I have been in touch with the NFL regarding yesterday’s events and will aggressively pursue changes in NFL policies to ensure no team and fan base is ever put in a similar position again. It is a disservice to our coaches, players, employees and, most importantly, the fans who make our game possible. The NFL must always commit to providing the most basic of expectations - fairness and integrity.

Props to him and get ready for more game delays as challenging PI calls will soon be a new rule.

Rain Man 01-22-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannah Barbarian (Post 14062865)
No mention of Berry grappling Gronk? Especially in the light of later JC Jackson's ticky tacky DPI?

Ah it's New York Times. Ok then

Note to the social worker or relative who reads to this person: he is apparently interested in learning what the article says, so would you please read it to him, explaining any large words?

kcpasco 01-22-2019 10:01 AM

Props to the Saints owner. Clark should have said something after the Rams game that was a complete ass ****ing from the officials.

kcpasco 01-22-2019 10:03 AM

That pass interference was 100x worse than anything that happened in our game. How refs aren’t fired over that is a complete ****ing joke.

Rain Man 01-22-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14061643)
That clip makes me very angry.

WWNFL, man.

The frustrating part is that the official who made that call ignored a much stronger slap to the face of Patrick Mahomes II just five minutes earlier.

I didn't gripe much about the Mahomes hit because it was minor and in real-man football it wouldn't warrant a penalty. But if you're going to give Tom Brady a free drive because the wind from someone's arm changed the air pressure around him, then you should also call a guy hitting Patrick Mahomes II in the face.

It's unfortunate that we're not getting a Super Bowl this year. This is going to be like the Peyton Manning Super Farewell Exhibition Bowl a few years back.

Frazod 01-22-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14063112)

I expect this to be the NFL's response:

Greater Los Angeles population: 18.79 million
Greater New Orleans population: 1.45 million

And they might throw in this as well:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MassiveGra...restricted.gif