ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2022 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=342812)

The Franchise 03-07-2022 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16178015)
In the CP Mock Draft I can confidently state the Jets are NOT into Burks. At all.

This is GM speak. He’s taking him in the first.

MahomesMagic 03-07-2022 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16178020)
This is GM speak. He’s taking him in the first.

ROFL

I think Jets and Burks makes sense since their system could maximize his potential but I would do it by trading down.

DJ's left nut 03-07-2022 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 16178029)
ROFL

I think Jets and Burks makes sense since their system could maximize his potential but I would do it by trading down.

Man, there's going to be some great talent at 10. I just can't see scenario where I'd be willing to trade down to pass on that for someone like Burks and, what, a 2nd rounder?

Maybe if it netted me a 1st next year. But I think there's a chance they're passing on 2 or 3 real All Pro caliber DL there.

DJ's left nut 03-07-2022 12:10 PM

I am starting to get a bit concerned after this damn combine, though. Some of the guys we expected to look good have been adjusted accordingly on the mock draft simulators and suddenly I'm looking at draft boards at 30 where our 'well they can't ALL go in the first' predictions are put to the test.

I'm sorry ya'll, I just cannot talk myself into Mafe or Ebiketie in the 1st. Or Hall or Paschal. And I'm not sure someone like Enagbare trips my trigger in the 3rd. I'm not sure how to work Drake Jackson into a 4-3.

Oof - that'd be a Chris Olave draft for me. And if nobody jumps at these QBs (Pickett, most notably) then Olave could be off the board. Then what? McCreary? Brisker?

Shit - my 'this draft board cannot possibly be picked clean by the time we're up' theory appears to be falling through on me.

staylor26 03-07-2022 12:18 PM

That’s exactly why I haven’t been “EDGE or bust” in the 1st.

BPA was always likely to be a WR or DB IMO.

Draft one of those guys, and then trade up for Thomas, Ebiketie, or Mafe.

DJ's left nut 03-07-2022 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16178053)
That’s exactly why I haven’t been “EDGE or bust” in the 1st.

BPA was always likely to be a WR or DB IMO.

Draft one of those guys, and then trade up for Thomas, Ebiketie, or Mafe.

Late 1st just seems like such a no-man's land for DBs.

All these 'great' CB prospects we start talking up at 25+ ain't that great or they'd be top 15 guys. And CB is a corner that's pretty easy to see on tape.

And for guys that are true diamonds in the rough like Sneed, those can be had in the 3rd or 4th.

I just hate last 1st DBs. And the math may say I'm absolutely wrong there, but I just feel like they have awful success rates.

I'd just take Thomas in the 1st and be done with it if he were there. On my recent hell board mock, he wasn't. He went at 26 with Leal coming off at 28. Then I pooped a little.

The Franchise 03-07-2022 12:23 PM

I’m fine with a safety in the first if he’s BPA at that point.

The Franchise 03-07-2022 12:24 PM

Plus you have to factor that there are going to be 3-4 teams that just completely **** up and draft someone stupid that no one saw coming. There aren’t 32 competent GMs out there.

staylor26 03-07-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16178060)
Late 1st just seems like such a no-man's land for DBs.

All these 'great' CB prospects we start talking up at 25+ ain't that great or they'd be top 15 guys. And CB is a corner that's pretty easy to see on tape.

And for guys that are true diamonds in the rough like Sneed, those can be had in the 3rd or 4th.

I just hate last 1st DBs. And the math may say I'm absolutely wrong there, but I just feel like they have awful success rates.

I'd just take Thomas in the 1st and be done with it if he were there. On my recent hell board mock, he wasn't. He went at 26 with Leal coming off at 28. Then I pooped a little.

I’d have no problem taking Thomas in the 1st, but when you see where guys like DJ and Zierlein have him ranked, it just doesn’t seem likely at all that he goes in the 1st.

I mean, those two don’t even have him in their top 50, and you’ll have a hard time finding guys more plugged in than those guys.

DJ's left nut 03-07-2022 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16178066)
I’m fine with a safety in the first if he’s BPA at that point.

Better get Sam Williams in the 2nd if you go S in the first. And someone like Alec Pierce or Romeo Doubs in the 3rd.

You go safety in the first, you're gonna have to take some aggressive boom/bust swings in the 2nd and 3rd to get the kind of talent at key positions on this roster that we'd need to move the needle.

A 1st round safety is setting yourself up for a 'floor over ceiling' draft and a whole lot of 'meh' picks. With Ward's market seeming rather robust, I'd rather go Kaiir Elam or McCreary in the 1st and at least try to get some real high-end athleticism at CB.

chiefscafan 03-07-2022 12:47 PM

The Detroit Lions select , Jordan Davis, DT , Georgia

Once in a generation player and way too much talent to pass up. Detroit not sure not sure if he fits the system but a player like this you make the system put him.

DJ's left nut 03-07-2022 12:48 PM

The Detroit Lions select , Jordan Davis, DT , Georgia

staylor26 03-07-2022 12:50 PM

I was very curious what Detroit would do in this situation. OT isn’t an option. This is probably still too early for Thibodeaux considering the concerns there.

I actually think this is an intriguing pivot from Hutchinson, even if it’s unlikely.

staylor26 03-07-2022 12:51 PM

Billay is on the cock……

I mean clock.

Titty Meat 03-07-2022 12:57 PM

The pick here would be Neal if I knew that Tunsil was getting traded but....

The Houston Texans Select- Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon