ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The Le'Veon Bell Mock (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319400)

TLO 12-14-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13961276)
UChieffyBugger is a butt****ing moron

Amen

Couch-Potato 12-17-2018 07:24 PM

I like Bell to kc...I think those opposed are overthinking things a bit. Although I love these guys, I'd prefer to pay Ford, Jones, & Bell > Houston, Berry, & Watson at this point. The latter three should all be approached regarding restructuring.

Buehler445 12-17-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 13968425)
I like Bell to kc...I think those opposed are overthinking things a bit. Although I love these guys, I'd prefer to pay Ford, Jones, & Bell > Houston, Berry, & Watson at this point. The latter three should all be approached regarding restructuring.

You’re a crazy person. The value for salary dollars just aren’t there. Bell is better than the Williams’ but that money needs spent in a billion other places.

RealSNR 12-19-2018 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 13968425)

You're not paying Bell Spencer Ware money.

You're not paying him Jamaal Charles money.

Hell, you're not even paying him Justin Houston money.

You'd be on the hook for a ****ing stupid amount of money. For a RB, the most oft-injured position and shortest career lifespan in all of ****ing football.

****. That. ****ing. Nonsense.

O.city 12-19-2018 09:18 AM

Bell has already had off field issues, been suspended IIRC, and has had injury issues.

Just, no.

Chris Meck 12-19-2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13970635)

You'd be on the hook for a ****ing stupid amount of money. For a RB, the most oft-injured position and shortest career lifespan in all of ****ing football.

This. A thousand times this.

CoMoChief 12-19-2018 01:21 PM

I just think in today's game, paying a RB a shit ton of money, in a passing era, is just stupid. It's the position that traditionally gets hit the hardest, the most often, and the return on the investment/longevity is the worst of all positions in the sport. RB's grow on trees. I'd draft 1 or 2 every few years and just keep cycle going, and would never spend a 1st on one.

If you have a good OL, your RB can be average and you can get by with really good results. Pay/keep your fatties, they last longer (unless youre Mitch Morse) ;)

Mecca 12-19-2018 01:52 PM

Bell has WR skills as well though...that's where his value would be in this offense, a guy who is a threat as RB but creates mismatches in the pass game.

With how the NFL is now I think the smartest thing to do may be to go all offense and then draft defense and keep replacing them with cheap guys other than maybe a real star you find.

Valiant 12-19-2018 07:38 PM

Seems our current starting RB is fine and suits the team. Use bell money elsewhere.

CupidStunt 12-20-2018 11:48 AM

Some interesting stuff here, but that front 7 would be an unmitigated disaster which our offense and maybe even improved secondary play wouldn't overcome.

It's fun to speculate on Bell, but that amount of $ simply has to go on defense. Doesn't matter if it's Earl Thomas, Grady Jarrett, Landon Collins or whoever else escapes the franchise tag. We saw the impact of having a good/great player replacing a trash can in just one half vs the Chargers. And then again by not having that in the 2nd half.

Couch-Potato 12-22-2018 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13970635)

I understand I'd be paying Bell Sammy Watkins'esque money. I was alright with paying Sammy because with him on the field no single receiver can be doubled without leaving Mahomes with a mismatch elsewhere. However, I'd argue that signing the leagues top RB with WR skill sets would be of greater benefit than paying Watkins.