ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Planning a road trip to the Jacksonville game next year (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320906)

BigRedChief 01-27-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 14075283)
Count me in! Gonna be fun.

I live about 12 minutes from the stadium.. could bring my smoker and grill if we want.

Cool! Thanks for the offer. I'd bet that BBQ they offer in the tent is that "Florida BBQ", swimming in that molasses/brown sugar/honey sauce.

BigRedChief 01-27-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter LaCanforno (Post 14075410)
In 2020 Chiefs will be at TB and Miami.

Last I heard was Miami for sure in 2020 but the Bucs game will go international.

BigRedChief 01-28-2019 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 14074717)
Was planning on going anyways. I'm in.

I could use some help with local physical matters. Need a volunteer to help with on the ground info. I've been there for weeks at a time. But, only once to the stadium when we played there.

This effort was announced on Saturday. I think we already have >500 Chief fans just in our group. I'll get an updated number today. We have employees of hotels, car rental companies offering us discounts not available to the public.

MIAdragon 01-28-2019 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 14074721)
I have interest but I'll have to look at my calendar once the game is scheduled. Would definitely be two, maybe more.

This is where we’re at as well

ForeverChiefs58 01-28-2019 08:01 AM

I’m in. Family and I are eyeing this game. More than likely be for party of 5

BigRedChief 01-28-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick (Post 14073982)
I'm interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 14074013)
Hey man, how you been? Hope all is well with you. Hope to see you at this game!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick (Post 14074031)
Good. Just working and watching football on Sundays. Getting married this year also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 14074048)
Congratulations!!

Next time you dudes show up in person, tell me who you are. :D

BigRedChief 01-28-2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 14074721)
I have interest but I'll have to look at my calendar once the game is scheduled. Would definitely be two, maybe more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 14077158)
This is where we’re at as well

At this point it was to gauge interest in getting tickets to sit together at the game. I can then put down a deposit with the Jags. The Jags will block out the best group seats for us and we will be first in line to buy group tickets when we get a date and they are allowed to sell tickets.

scho63 01-28-2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14074702)
mine too. But, in my defense, in the 16+ years I’ve been here I’ve not been accused of or claimed to be witty or funny. I am what I am.

https://cdn.apartmenttherapy.info/im...17140cf86935b0

BigRedChief 01-28-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 14074108)
I am planning on being there.....but my trip is probably going to be shorter than most. I know several other Chiefs fans around town here in Jacksonville that might want to also participate who are not on Chiefsplanet. Let me check with them also.

What might help is to coordinate pooling of rides so that if there is limited parking space we can cut the number of spaces we would need. Maybe meet somewhere and park cars then carpool to the game.

Not sure about the BBQ buffet thing...I am guessing it will be Bono's since they are a big supporter of the Jags. Not my favorite BBQ around here...

Cool. Right now we have 264 Chief fans say they are going. 271 tailgating.

BigRedChief 01-31-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 14075283)
Count me in! Gonna be fun.

I live about 12 minutes from the stadium.. could bring my smoker and grill if we want.

We have 307 people interested. Just a handful was interested in the BBQ buffett from the Jaguars. We will definitely be doing our own food. I have several people volunteer to help. An event planner volunteering. It's going to be a lot of fun to have that many fans in another teams parking lot having a good time,

MahiMike 01-31-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14082878)
We have 307 people interested. Just a handful was interested in the BBQ buffett from the Jaguars. We will definitely be doing our own food. I have several people volunteer to help. An event planner volunteering. It's going to be a lot of fun to have that many fans in another teams parking lot having a good time,

Incredible. Let me know what you need.

Dallas Chief 01-31-2019 03:06 PM

I’m in for 2. Thanks for organizing this BRC!

Scooter LaCanforno 01-31-2019 04:27 PM

I'll be in for 5 tickets as long as it's not Nov 10th. I have a wedding to got to that weekend.

BigRedChief 01-31-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 14083232)
Incredible. Let me know what you need.

im not ready to announce anything but you ain’t going to believe some of this stuff that’s being considered, planned.

We are going to need some locals for physical stuff in the planning.

BigRedChief 02-01-2019 04:25 PM

Update on the Chiefs fans road trip to Jacksonville next year

We have put down a security deposit on the tickets with the Jaguars. We are now first in line to purchase group tickets when they go on sale. We will get the best non-season ticket holder seats the Jaguars have available.

Our current total is 300+ Chief fans wanting tickets to the game. 250+ upper level seats. There is a possibility we can get seats in that level close to the 30-50 yard line. Another 50+ lower level seats. Those seats will be in the corners or the end zones.

The Jaguars will create a website for us to purchase tickets. You can buy tickets directly from the Jaguars using their secured system. We will not be involved in the ordering or getting your individual tickets part of the process. When you use that website, all the tickets available will be in the Chief fans only sections, behind the Chiefs bench side of the field. We are still working out the details on how particular groups can sit together. You want to sit with the Arrowhead South or the Pat Mahomes fan group etc.? Sit with your friends? That will be an option. We will get those details finalized before a date is announced for the game.

We are considering the possibility of turning our tailgate into a World Food Championship qualifier event. The Jaguars are on board with the event. We have one of their event coordinators that happens to be a Chiefs fan on board with the idea. The VP from the Jaguars will give us the space for free to hold a 1- or 2-day event. We get rub and sauce sponsors to buy the meat for the BBQ competition. The competitors cook the meat for the championship. We eat the resulting BBQ for free. Lots of details to work out but does this sound good or do we just want to do our own tailgate? Here’s the world food championships website. https://worldfoodchampionships.com/