ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If Reid refuses to fire Sutton... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320751)

crayzkirk 01-21-2019 02:11 PM

Why is it that some coaches seem to be able to make chicken salad out of chicken shit and other coaches can't seem to get a group of highly paid athletes to make a stop or pick up a blitz or get open against single coverage?

LongSufferingToady 01-21-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawker007 (Post 14060568)
My 6 year old daughter is available and would be an upgrade.

At this point I trust your daughter more than I trust Andy Reid. :)

LongSufferingToady 01-21-2019 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 14060584)
That's the downside to making this far. All the top defensive coordinators are gone. My fear is thud promote from within. We don't need a Sutton desciple

Look to the college ranks for a DC?

Ken Bone 01-21-2019 02:25 PM

Reid should fire Bob Sutton but he won’t. I fully expect him back next season because 28 other NFL teams would’ve gladly traded their season for ours. Reid will say that the defense did enough to put us in a situation to win. And if not for a play here or a play there, they did.

BossChief 01-21-2019 02:29 PM

I’m also on the Rex Ryan bandwagon. That guy can coach a defense and wouldn’t require everyone to learn everything from scratch.

Chris Meck 01-21-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14061090)
I’m also on the Rex Ryan bandwagon. That guy can coach a defense and wouldn’t require everyone to learn everything from scratch.

no more retreads. plus, Rex is a huge ego. we don't need that sort of drama. And also-it's the same scheme, we need change not more of the same.

ILChief 01-21-2019 03:10 PM

I doubt Rex is leaving his ESPN job for a coordinator job

ILChief 01-21-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14060558)
Non-Story

Bob's going to retire. Walk away. Announcement next week.

Is this just your guess or do you have some inside info?

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14061179)
no more retreads. plus, Rex is a huge ego. we don't need that sort of drama. And also-it's the same scheme, we need change not more of the same.

Yeah, not on the Rex Ryan train. Take a look at what Mario Williams said. Same stuff we bitch about. Not aggressive at all with pressure. And that's considering Ryan took over a very similar scheme as pettine. If we're staying a similar scheme I don't love or hate the idea of Mike Smith but injecting new blood into our assistants.

FringeNC 01-21-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14060936)
You get Rex Ryan, that way defense doesn't change but the guy calling the plays does.

The Scheme isn't the problem we have seen it be amazing for us before. The players are a slight issue.

What the real problem is, is ADJUSTING the scheme to the game was it is being played out.

Rex Ryan has beat the Patriots with a shitter offense in the playoffs in Toms House.

Sure, we don't have a Revis. But the Patriots WR's were not killing us from the outside.

And 2 of the 3 times he faced Tom Brady while with the Bills, he gave up 40+.

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2019 03:34 PM

Reason I might be open to Mike Smith... He seems insistent on coaching fundamentals over and over. And relentless film study to exploit matchups. A full year with him and id bet our defense would be playing aggressive as hell which is a big part of the battle. I don't know how he'd do with scheme. But coaching up our players is a huge upgrade for us. Again... Don't really love it or hate it.