ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Birthday Christmas Decorating: How early is too early? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=303587)

Chief Roundup 11-10-2016 06:31 PM

It depends on what the decoration is or where it will be placed. We start Thanksgiving day while the family is all together and go from there.

Chief Roundup 11-10-2016 06:33 PM

I guess if someone is going to pay another person or company to put up lights they might have to have it done on the installers schedule so that is another thing that would cause a variation in a wanted and actual timeline.

eDave 11-10-2016 06:43 PM

Friday night after Thanksgiving the tree goes up. Love setting up the tree with the Lady, listening to Christmas music, drinking wine. Warm and fuzzy.

Deberg_1990 11-10-2016 06:46 PM

Seems like people get earlier and earlier each year. I know a guy who's starts setting things up in September, but he has a huge presentation

I'm ok with you setting it up early like late October/early November.

But I don't think lights should be turned on until Thanksgiving.

But whatever makes people feel better about their miserable lives.

ping2000 11-10-2016 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12544830)
Haaaaa!!!! I like that. Your dad has it going on.

My dad used to get drunk, take a piss on the tree, and then stumble face first into the tree.. knocking it over. Happened every year at different points of December.

Ah... Good times.

That is ****ed up! Sorry man.

Frosty 11-10-2016 07:12 PM

It sounds like most of you have fake trees. Anyone here still get real ones?

eDave 11-10-2016 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 12546036)
It sounds like most of you have fake trees. Anyone here still get real ones?

Always. Even in Phoenix. Not the same experience but because I am in Phoenix, I get a real one every year. Reminds me of home.

Our trees come from Oregon.

• Douglas fir
• Grand fir
• Noble fir
• Nordmann fir

Sandy Vagina 11-10-2016 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 12546008)
That is ****ed up! Sorry man.

appreciate that.. long ago though.. no problem.

Sucked to be so young to learn that Santa was merely my drunk, soiled father.. Santa trunks still down to his ankles.. face buried into the fallen tree.. bag with one shitty toy flipped over.. on Christmas morning.

Learned early that it was better to laugh than to cry... :D

eDave 11-10-2016 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12546050)
appreciate that.. long ago though.. no problem.

Sucked to be so young to learn that Santa was merely my drunk, soiled father.. Santa trunks still down to his ankles.. face buried into the fallen tree.. bag with one shitty toy flipped over.. on Christmas morning.

Learned early that it was better to laugh than to cry... :D

Yugest fights my parents ever got in was over Christmas. The only time I remember my dad being really drunk was over Christmas.

listopencil 11-10-2016 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12545739)
That has to be the weakest insult I've ever read on this board.

I almost gave him pity rep for it.

Sandy Vagina 11-10-2016 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12546056)
Yugest fights my parents ever got in was over Christmas. The only time I remember my dad being really drunk was over Christmas.

Yeah, a shame that holidays can bring out so much stress, anxiety, and self-medicating.. instead of what it's truly meant to be eliciting.

stevieray 11-10-2016 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12545976)
Friday night after Thanksgiving the tree goes up. Love setting up the tree with the Lady, listening to Christmas music, drinking wine. Warm and fuzzy.

oh yeah! right there!

My youngest was born one week before Christmas, during a Christmas tune by Elvis...

"Well it's Christmas time baaaby...."

stevieray 11-10-2016 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 12545907)
I'll put lights up outside right after Thanksgiving but we don't get a tree until around the 7-10th of December. Any earlier and it dries out by Christmas. My wife decorates inside and will just start randomly putting stuff up starting after Thanksgiving.

cut an inch off the bottom before you put in water.

Frosty 11-10-2016 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12546049)
Always. Even in Phoenix. Not the same experience but because I am in Phoenix, I get a real one every year. Reminds me of home.

Our trees come from Oregon.

• Douglas fir
• Grand fir
• Noble fir
• Nordmann fir

I would go fake but the wife still wants a real tree, so every year, we head up in the mountains to get one. It's only $5 for a permit and about a 1/2 hour drive from our house, depending on the roads. Plus the dog loves running around in the snowy woods so we go.

When we lived in Oregon, we loved the grand firs but natural firs here are too spindly. We usually get a blue spruce since they are sturdier when small. They are also prickly which helps keep the cats out of the tree.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...bd&oe=58D508E7

Frosty 11-10-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 12546089)
cut an inch off the bottom before you put in water.

Heh. We usually have to cut a foot or so off (see my picture). It's always a fresh cut.