ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

luv 02-21-2010 05:38 PM

The average movie watcher watches in order to be entertained. What entertains one might not entertain another. Boys, can we keep this in mind, please? I so see this thread going into the direction of the DC forum. Opinion is opinion. Not everything needs to be debated. Geez.

Reaper16 02-21-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6549387)
The average movie watcher watches in order to be entertained. What entertains one might not entertain another. Boys, can we keep this in mind, please? I so see this thread going into the direction of the DC forum. Opinion is opinion. Not everything needs to be debated. Geez.

The average movie watcher is a drooling ****ing simian with the mental acumen of 2.5 googlegoogles.
Spoiler!

ChiefsFan4Life 02-21-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6549378)
Yes. You laugh because the only appropriate response to the stench of you own shitty movie-watching skills wafting around you is suicide. So you laugh because, as evidenced by your thoughts on Children of Men, you are unable to give the appropriate response to anything.

LOL this is great entertainment on a Sunday afternoon
What is another movie you worship? I want to tell you I hate that too and see how you get overly-sensitive again

ChiefsFan4Life 02-21-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

I'm fully accepting of that and not debating anything

ps - it's the other guy who does
pps - don't call him the other guy

luv 02-21-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6549391)
Spoiler!

LMAO Carry on then. :)

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-21-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

luv,

For someone who loves to write, you might try taking a deeper look at films in the future. They can serve as an excellent muse, as well as a reflection of the society in which they are created.

luv 02-21-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6549400)
luv,

For someone who loves to write, you might try taking a deeper look at films in the future. They can serve as an excellent muse, as well as a reflection of the society in which they are created.

True, but I often watch movies in order to "escape" reality. When escaping reality, I tend to not feel like looking into things that deeply. The book is typically always better, so I leave my deep thinking and creativity for when I read.

Baby Lee 02-21-2010 06:07 PM

Hee, hee, hee, Reaper pulls the Jon Stewart classic 'I air after dueling robots' gambit!!!

When it comes to media and food and the finer things in life, respec mah authoritah!! I even got penz to MS Paint my patented methodology underlying my ruminations. But if it ever appears I might have gotten a little carried away in my recriminations, well everyone knows I'm just a little jokester who never ever takes his navel lint seriously.

Listen to my profound teachings!!! For I am a mere jokey jokeman!!! Heed my introspections!! for I am a lowly dancing monkey!!

jk'in witcha Reap.

Reaper16 02-21-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 6549447)
Hee, hee, hee, Reaper pulls the Jon Stewart classic 'I air after dueling robots' gambit!!!

When it comes to media and food and the finer things in life, respec mah authoritah!! I even got penz to MS Paint my patented methodology underlying my ruminations. But if it ever appears I might have gotten a little carried away in my recriminations, well everyone knows I'm just a little jokester who never ever takes his navel lint seriously.

Listen to my profound teachings!!! For I am a mere jokey jokeman!!! Heed my introspections!! for I am a lowly dancing monkey!!

jk'in witcha Reap.

No shit you're joking. :p A serious look into my posting would, for the poster with a functioning sense of humor, reveal a distinction between my posts of good tastes and my posts of good taste that also include exaggerated violence. The violence and wrought language are in jest.

As for penz, I didn't get him to MS Paint anything. He posted that on his own and I am using it as an avatar because I can [and enjoy] laugh[ing] at myself.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-21-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6549438)
True, but I often watch movies in order to "escape" reality. When escaping reality, I tend to not feel like looking into things that deeply. The book is typically always better, so I leave my deep thinking and creativity for when I read.

Everything is a text.

You can watch Rambo III and enjoy it for the mindless explosions and still see the philosophical underpinnings inherent in the "One man does what evil gub'ment cannot" message.

Baby Lee 02-21-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6549467)
No shit you're joking. :p A serious look into my posting would, for the poster with a functioning sense of humor, reveal a distinction between my posts of good tastes and my posts of good taste that also include exaggerated violence. The violence and wrought language are in jest.

As for penz, I didn't get him to MS Paint anything. He posted that on his own and I am using it as an avatar because I can [and enjoy] laugh[ing] at myself.

A serious look into correlation of terminology would reveal as strong an inverse correlation between accusations of being 'an appalling human being' and threats exaggerated violence, as the correlation between Perez Hilton's queeny hyperventilations and 'put a boot in yer ass cuz it's tha 'mercan way' bravura. :D

Reaper16 02-21-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 6549480)
A serious look into correlation of terminology would reveal as strong an inverse correlation between accusations of being 'an appalling human being' and threats exaggerated violence, as the correlation between Perez Hilton's queeny hyperventilations and 'put a boot in yer ass cuz it's tha 'mercan way' bravura. :D

I am unaware of saying that exagerrated violence represents the totality of my me-playing-around posts.

Baby Lee 02-21-2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6549517)
I am unaware of saying that exagerrated violence represents the totality of my me-playing-around posts.

2010, the year Reap busts his 'sarcasm isn't self-evident on the internet' cherry. Pose for a post coital photo.

Reaper16 02-21-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 6549522)
2010, the year Reap busts his 'sarcasm isn't self-evident on the internet' cherry. Pose for a post coital photo.

I disagree. I think that it is self-evident in nearly all cases. The only times that I don't detect sarcasm are when posters known for being idiots go all sunshine/dog's ass.

Baby Lee 02-21-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6549531)
I disagree. I think that it is self-evident in nearly all cases. The only times that I don't detect sarcasm are when posters known for being idiots go all sunshine/dog's ass.

If you cannot recognize even the possibility that 'you're an appalling person' could be uttered in some degree of seriousness from a persona such as you've actively engendered here, particularly in response to the diss of an undeniably 'fapworthy' movie as CoM in said persona's general estimation, I can't help you.

And I'd add, your assertion that you've never ever had a sarcasmeter malfunction [unless the sarcasticator was somehow the anomoly], as well as how tenaciously you grip this whole 'sure I can be pretentious, but I could NEVER be TOO pretentious in this area' line just feeds into said persona.

In the interest of general peacable relations, I'll cop. I'm a dumbass, I should've recognized that Reaper was intimately versed in the subtle distinctions between reerun and full reerun when it comes to the sanctity of proper media criticism and opinion, and would never cross improper lines.