ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV ‘X-Men: First Class’ Sequel Titled ‘Days of Future Past’? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261805)

Valiant 05-28-2014 01:09 PM

I agree on Rogue though, her character was horrible in the movies. I mean, the actor did a better Rogue voice for trueblood as Sookie then she did for Rogue.

Rausch 05-28-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10655893)
I agree on Rogue though, her character was horrible in the movies. I mean, the actor did a better Rogue voice for trueblood as Sookie then she did for Rogue.

I never really thought about it but that's 100% spot on.

How did I never notice that?...:facepalm:

Aries Walker 05-28-2014 03:47 PM

I just got back. The good news is that they
Spoiler!

On the other hand . . .
Spoiler!

So the upshot is . . .
Spoiler!

Also - although I wish they hadn't shown so much of it in the trailers - the movie was pretty damn good.

Silock 05-28-2014 09:08 PM

The younger XMen are awesome. McAvoy and Fassbender are really, really good and have amazing chemistry. Love them together on screen.

Not a huge fan of Havok or Banshee. Mystique, Emma Frost, Beast and Quicksilver were great.

Tribal Warfare 05-29-2014 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10656184)

Also - although I wish they hadn't shown so much of it in the trailers - the movie was pretty damn good.

haven't you learned you never watch any footage after the 2nd theatrical trailer and absolutely no TV Spots ( thank god for DVR)

Aries Walker 05-29-2014 01:16 AM

Apparently not.

bowener 05-29-2014 01:22 AM

HB is possibly one of the most boring actresses to grace the silver screen. Except for one film, she is just a dud. I also assume she is a dead fish in bed.

Aries Walker 05-29-2014 01:33 AM

The other wooden, lifeless, check-collector phoning it in for this film? Ellen Page. I suspect that during most of the when she just sat there with her hands held out, she was actually and physically asleep.

Also, I was disappointed in Peter Dinklage. He has so many skills, and he didn't use any of them for this role, probably because it was flatly written. Most of what he did was to deliver speeches, or flatten himself against a wall, looking horrified. I could have played that part.

Anyong Bluth 05-29-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10657203)
The other wooden, lifeless, check-collector phoning it in for this film? Ellen Page. I suspect that during most of the when she just sat there with her hands held out, she was actually and physically asleep.

Also, I was disappointed in Peter Dinklage. He has so many skills, and he didn't use any of them for this role, probably because it was flatly written. Most of what he did was to deliver speeches, or flatten himself against a wall, looking horrified. I could have played that part.

He had limited screen time - no way to do that with such a huge ensemble cast and a plot already so grandiose. Can't fault him or knock anyone else- it's just a byproduct of this film's story and cast and fitting it into a movie run time that's reasonable.

What I am against is studios pressuring directors to cut down on their film length simply so they can squeeze another showing each day - of course that's what they want and in turn get to hype extended cuts when released on br & dvd.

Fish 05-29-2014 10:28 AM

I was thinking to myself, that Ellen Page must have only required 1-2 days tops of filming her part.

Fish 05-29-2014 10:43 AM

Here's another thing that bothered me about the Sentinels:

Spoiler!

Valiant 05-29-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10657682)
Here's another thing that bothered me about the Sentinels:

Spoiler!

I agree on magneto, I mean it is a huge stretch. maybe he reprogrammed from reading the blueprints? Yeah I do not see it either.

On Mystique. They used her mutant dna to achieve the changing and understanding of their power, then with further study the sentinels could use it to copy other mutants they have caught or killed.

And her power is strange on the way they display it. She can somehow shrink down to dinklage size. She can copy wolverines claws, so she can manipulate her size. So why not become a big sentinel? Or a cat to get in close and then stab? That is my only problem with her.

Aries Walker 05-29-2014 01:16 PM

Well, I'd guess that even if her size changed, her mass wouldn't. She could be 6'1", like Wolverine, or 4'6", like the Dink, but she'd still weigh the same - so you'd have either a really heavy cat, or a cotton candy Sentinel. Also, massive changes in size and musculature might be stressful.

Aw, who am I kidding. This whole series if full of hand-wavey pseudo-scientific gobbledygook. Look! Something's exploding!

Fish 05-29-2014 01:22 PM

In the comics, Wolverine is 5'3".

Aries Walker 05-29-2014 01:24 PM

I know. I'm talking about Hugh Jackman.