ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

KCChiefsMan 02-21-2010 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 6548297)
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but in this case, your opinion would be wrong, lol.

have you ever thought that maybe the only movies he has ever seen are Godfather I & II, Casablanca, The Graduate, Schindler's List, Citizen Kane and the original Star Wars?

ChiefsFan4Life 02-21-2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan4Life (Post 6548162)
Just watched "Children of Men". One of my top 5 worst movies of all time.

The movie just never drew me in for some reason. It never caught my interest. Normally when I'm watching even a decent movie if someone would threaten to turn it off in the middle of the movie I would flip out but I wouldn't have cared last night. I'm also not partial to movies where everyone has a strong accent and you have to strain to listen to make sure you know what the **** they just said.

I won't give spoilers but the one thing the main characters were driving towards was never really explained which was stupid. Also I love violence in movies but in this film there were times there was shooting just to add minutes to the movie. It was the least entertaining film I've seen in a while. I know it got high ratings on Rotten Tomatoes but this is a time I'd have to disagree.

For what it's worth my wife hated as well as sis three of my friends when I posted my status on facebook saying I hated it so I'm not the only one in the world who feels this way.

Deberg_1990 02-21-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan4Life (Post 6548456)
The movie just never drew me in for some reason. It never caught my interest.

Ill second this. It was really well made, but just bored me. Maybe someday ill give it a second chance, but not anytime soon.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-21-2010 09:39 AM

The following movies are now available on Netflix Instant:

Seven Samurai
The Battle of Algiers
The Seventh Seal
Radio Bikini

If you want to understand modern insurgencies, I cannot recommend The Battle of Algiers highly enough (along with Fanon's The Wretched of the Earth).

Radio Bikini is about the Crossroads tests on Bikini Atoll in 1946. It's only 50 minutes long. It's an absolute must view.

Fire Me Boy! 02-21-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6548572)
The following movies are now available on Netflix Instant:

Seven Samurai
The Battle of Algiers
The Seventh Seal
Radio Bikini

If you want to understand modern terrorism, I cannot recommend The Battle of Algiers highly enough (along with Fanon's The Wretched of the Earth).

Radio Bikini is about the Crossroads tests on Bikini Atoll in 1946. It's only 50 minutes long. It's an absolute must view.

I have the Criterions of both of those disks. Great movies.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-21-2010 09:48 AM

I have the Seventh Seal Criterion. It's actually the only Criterion I own.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-21-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6547924)
So, finally caught The Hurt Locker.

Really only one thing I question, if one of of you military types (or someone else) could answer:

Spoiler!

Yes. In fact a Canadian sniper killed a Taliban at about triple that. It is a great deal of luck, but without the skill it would be like winning the lottery, with the skill it's more like winning your office NCAA pool.

KCUnited 02-21-2010 10:52 AM

Watched Zombieland last night. Really like the way it started off but it bogged down in the middle for me. Good kills. I have a personal dislike for the curly headed kid, just something about the way he looks and his mannerisms kill me. Overall an entertaining movie and I'll probably watch it again which is rare for me do.

Reaper16 02-21-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan4Life (Post 6548456)
The movie just never drew me in for some reason. It never caught my interest. Normally when I'm watching even a decent movie if someone would threaten to turn it off in the middle of the movie I would flip out but I wouldn't have cared last night. I'm also not partial to movies where everyone has a strong accent and you have to strain to listen to make sure you know what the **** they just said.

I won't give spoilers but the one thing the main characters were driving towards was never really explained which was stupid. Also I love violence in movies but in this film there were times there was shooting just to add minutes to the movie. It was the least entertaining film I've seen in a while. I know it got high ratings on Rotten Tomatoes but this is a time I'd have to disagree.

For what it's worth my wife hated as well as sis three of my friends when I posted my status on facebook saying I hated it so I'm not the only one in the world who feels this way.

You are an apalling human being. The movie is great for its masterclass in direction and cinematography. That it has a compelling (for most people) story is icing on the cake. Also, I don't know what you mean by an unexplained drive in the plot. It seemed pretty well explained to me.

Halfcan 02-21-2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6537926)
Has anyone seen Bronson?

Sucked-could have been a good one-but never really went anywhere.

Halfcan 02-21-2010 11:13 AM

Smokin Aces 2 sucked-lame story-good actors-pass!

Halfcan 02-21-2010 11:15 AM

Ong Bak 2

Tony Jaa once again proves he is the best martial artist in the world right now. I am a HUGE Jet Li fan-bu i think he has passed the torch to Tony. this kid does his own stunts-wrote and directed the movie and did all the action. WOW!!

Cant wait for Ong Bak 3

OnTheWarpath15 02-21-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 6548134)

Obviously, I'm not taking anything away from that sniper - that's ****ing incredible. But again, I'm asking about a target running across the desert.

OnTheWarpath15 02-21-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6548693)
Yes. In fact a Canadian sniper killed a Taliban at about triple that. It is a great deal of luck, but without the skill it would be like winning the lottery, with the skill it's more like winning your office NCAA pool.

Was the victim running?

Baby Lee 02-21-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6548710)
You are an apalling human being. The movie is great for its masterclass in direction and cinematography. That it has a compelling (for most people) story is icing on the cake. Also, I don't know what you mean by an unexplained drive in the plot. It seemed pretty well explained to me.

I personally find it apalling that one would think that one's worth as a person could be dispositively devined by his or her opinion on a movie, particularly if it's 'meh.'
Maybe if someone opined that Schindler's List was about German's 'kicking ass,' but otherwise, that's a tad overwrought.
Or maybe you meant 'appalling human being' in the sense that he simply offended your sense of smug.