ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Berry missed today's practice, back to Day-To-Day. Also Dorian O'Daniel Note (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320226)

threebag 01-11-2019 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14025075)
In all seriousness Otter, there isn't a roster spot being "taken". 5 guys sit every game and cant play.

We have several young guys who have never suited up for a game. Are they taking up spots too?

Its a false narrative, there isn't someone out there that could help us right now that's not on the team because of Berry, there isn't.

If they weren’t committed to Haglunds we could find out though couldn’t we

threebag 01-11-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14025266)
Amani Watts getting IR'd did us absolutely no favors this year.

I can’t wait to watch this guy. He is going to be great if he can stay healthy

htismaqe 01-11-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 14025508)
If they weren’t committed to Haglunds we could find out though couldn’t we

They brought in 3 safeties after training camp started, only Parker actually played significant minutes.

htismaqe 01-11-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14025334)
Yeah. Earl Thomas would've been super cheap. We had absolutely no money to spend on the S position whatsoever.

We didn't sign Earl Thomas and his cap number for this year was nowhere close to Berry's because he's in the last year of his deal.

Sassy Squatch 01-11-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14025523)
We didn't sign Earl Thomas and his cap number for this year was nowhere close to Berry's because he's in the last year of his deal.

Yeah. When we tried to trade for Earl Thomas his 8.75 cap hit would've just evaporated. No money for the S position.

htismaqe 01-11-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14025526)
Yeah. When we tried to trade for Earl Thomas his 8.75 cap hit would've just evaporated. No money for the S position.

8.75 < 13

And maybe you guys should make up your mind what your point is? Is it the cap hit? Or is it that he's taking up a roster spot?

Or maybe you should just admit that you don't know and you just like to bitch and complain.

Sassy Squatch 01-11-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14025533)
8.75 < 13

And maybe you guys should make up your mind what your point is? Is it the cap hit? Or is it that he's taking up a roster spot?

Or maybe you should just admit that you don't know and you just like to bitch and complain.

You made the asinine claim that we could only spend vet minimum or rookie money on the S position. Just pointing out that you're wrong. That's the only thing I addressed, so direct the rest of your little tirade at someone else.

htismaqe 01-11-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14025536)
You made the asinine claim that we could only spend vet minimum or rookie money on the S position. Just pointing out that you're wrong. That's the only thing I addressed, so direct the rest of your little tirade at someone else.

I actually NEVER said either of those things. Try again.

Sassy Squatch 01-11-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14025539)
I actually NEVER said either of those things. Try again.

So what did this mean?

The type of money they can afford to spend on safeties, they actually already HAVE - on guys like Lucas, Shaw (now gone), and others.

htismaqe 01-11-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14025540)
So what did this mean?

The type of money they can afford to spend on safeties, they actually already HAVE - on guys like Lucas, Shaw (now gone), and others.

Lucas isn't making vet min, they actually traded a pick for him too.

And "others" includes Ron Parker, who is a vested veteran.

It means exactly what I said in the last sentence:

They can't afford to replace Eric Berry with another Eric Berry. It's too expensive.

KC Dan 01-11-2019 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14025542)

They can't afford to replace Eric Berry with another Eric Berry. It's too expensive.

Don’t need another Berry. Need a safety who plays

Sassy Squatch 01-11-2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14025542)

Jordan Lucas is making 630k. We traded a 7th rounder in 2020 for him. Such investment. Much wow. Ron Parker is making 915k.

Replacing Eric Berry with another Eric Berry? What kind of stupid point is that? Of course you can't, because no S in the league makes that much. What you COULD'VE done is investted in a mid tier FA, like Vaccaro, Boston, Reid, Burnett, or Gilchrist. They were prepared to give 8.75 of their cap to Thomas, so they had the money. Any one of them would certainly be a damn sight better than this dumpster fire S core of Sorenson, Parker, Murray, and Lucas.

htismaqe 01-11-2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Dan (Post 14025548)
Don’t need another Berry. Need a safety who plays

Like Ron Parker?

htismaqe 01-11-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14025560)
Jordan Lucas is making 630k. We traded a 7th rounder in 2020 for him. Such investment. Much wow. Ron Parker is making 915k.

Replacing Eric Berry with another Eric Berry? What kind of stupid point is that? Of course you can't, because no S in the league makes that much. What you COULD'VE done is invest in a mid tier FA, like Vaccaro, Boston, Reid, Burnett, or Gilchrist. They were prepared to give 8.75 of their cap to Thomas, so they had the money. Any one of them would certainly be a damn sight better than this dumpster fire S core of Sorenson, Parker, Murray, and Lucas.

For any of those guys to have an impact, Sutton would have to go. None of them can do what is required out of the position. Certainly not Tre Boston. Vaccaro might have been decent, I don't know.

And Reid was never an option regardless of Berry's situation.

Flying High D 01-11-2019 09:08 PM

Jerome Wood and Reggie Tongue today would be better than what we roll out there here.