ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Simply Red 12-23-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6352621)
Well its buried deep in my queue. If it sucks I'm going to neg rep both of you.

ROFL

Sure-Oz 12-23-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 6374371)
what am i missing? help me out

Star Trek, Gran Tarino, The Hangover

L.A. Chieffan 12-23-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6374828)
Star Trek, Gran Tarino, The Hangover

Gran Torino was last year. Hangover was good. Star Trek was OK. Its funny, I said a couple of others and those were the two I was thinking about. And UP I guess. But cmon thats pretty weak

blaise 12-23-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 6374193)
2009 sucked ass as far as movies. other than Basterds, District 9 and a couple of others almost everything that came out this year was shite. granted i havent seen avatar. and i wanted to see serious man and the road but they werent playing anywhere near me. hopefully 2010 will be better

You live in L.A. and the Road wasn't playing anywhere?

L.A. Chieffan 12-23-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 6375363)
You live in L.A. and the Road wasn't playing anywhere?

30 miles or so, not that far but im kinda lazy

Simply Red 12-23-2009 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 6375376)
30 miles or so, not that far but im kinda lazy

L.A. Chieffan, did you know the sheets on my bed can only be found in an obscure town in Southern California, did you know that?

Ceej 12-24-2009 06:10 PM

District 9 was trash.

blazzin311 12-24-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 6374845)
Gran Torino was last year. Hangover was good. Star Trek was OK. Its funny, I said a couple of others and those were the two I was thinking about. And UP I guess. But cmon thats pretty weak

Here's a nice list of decent movies that I've viewed this year. Some okay. Some good, some possibly great. Not sure which ones you may or may not have seen yet but check some of them out if you haven't yet. Or at least look them up. Watch a trailer or two, and see if anything meets your interest. Can't hurt anyways.

The Hurt Locker, Moon, Precious, Ninja Assassin, Fanboys, A Perfect Getaway, Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans, World's Greatest Dad,
Anvil: The Story Of Anvil, Collapse, The Road, The Blind Side, Invictus, The Messenger, Zombieland, I Love You...Man, A Serious Man, Trick'r Treat, Where The Wild Things Are, Wrong Turn At Tahoe, The Boondock Saints II, Public Enemies, Defiance, Notorious, Killshot, The Soloist, Funny People, Law Abiding Citizen, Pirate Radio, Couples Retreat, Orphan, The Men Who Stare At Goats, Carriers, Dark Country, Sugar, Shrink, Taxidermia, The Open Road, The Tournament, Fifty Dead Men Walking, The Education Of Charlie Banks, Yonkers Joe, Harry Brown, Whatever Works, City Island, The Last House On The Left, Wonderful World, Tell Tale, and Vengeance.

Those are in no way in any particular order. Just decent movies I've seen throughout the year. You might find something you like. If not can't say I didn't try.

Buehler445 12-25-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6372317)
Watched District 9....wow what a flick, didn't expect it to turn how it did just from the beginning having me go wtf

I thoroughly enjoyed District 9, but most on here did not. Just a heads up.

Sure-Oz 12-25-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 6377558)
I thoroughly enjoyed District 9, but most on here did not. Just a heads up.

Yeah, i heard some didnt but i thought it was great. Loved how it ended, hope they make a sequel

Buehler445 12-25-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6377601)
Yeah, i heard some didnt but i thought it was great. Loved how it ended, hope they make a sequel

I liked it too. That was the first movie I had been to in a long time that left me thinking after I left the theater. Well done IMO.

As far as a sequel, I'm not really sure what direction they could go with it because

Spoiler!

Stryker 12-25-2009 11:36 AM

Watched "Inglorious Basterds" and "Beer League" last night - both were great!

Went old school as well with "Phantasm", "Phantasm II" and "Videodrome" - classics!

Sure-Oz 12-25-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 6377606)
I liked it too. That was the first movie I had been to in a long time that left me thinking after I left the theater. Well done IMO.

As far as a sequel, I'm not really sure what direction they could go with it because

Spoiler!

You make a great point...i guess i liked it that much that i'd like to see more, but at the same time it just may be perfect the way it is. I never expected the movie to be that good esp how it started for me...but man things turned, good story. Guess we'll see, i've already watched it twice with some friends and they liked it as well.

Sure-Oz 12-25-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 6377607)
Watched "Inglorious Basterds" and "Beer League" last night - both were great!

Went old school as well with "Phantasm", "Phantasm II" and "Videodrome" - classics!

Loved Inglorious Basterds

Stryker 12-25-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6377613)
Loved Inglorious Basterds

Oh heck yeah! The end was priceless!