ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Netflix: Making a Murderer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297109)

Nickhead 08-15-2016 02:00 PM

two wrongful convictions, one family. (part of me says steven avery is guilty the second time around)

allen_kcCard 08-15-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12369689)
two wrongful convictions, one family. (part of me says steven avery is guilty the second time around)

He may have killed her, but I still say they framed him (to try to make sure her got convicted), and I think guilty or innocent, he is going to get out again and have that law suit he lost out on before.

SAUTO 08-15-2016 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 12369867)
He may have killed her, but I still say they framed him (to try to make sure her got convicted), and I think guilty or innocent, he is going to get out again and have that law suit he lost out on before.

He didn't lose out on it, pretty sure he took the offer and paid his lawyers.

BigBeauford 08-15-2016 06:12 PM

Rumor is his new lawyer has the smoking gun of evidence to get Avery's overturned as well. Hearing rumors of cell phone towers being pinged in a different location during a key point in the murder.

GloucesterChief 08-15-2016 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12369883)

Actually, if the police did in fact plant evidence. He can open up the lawsuit again as he was forced to settle under duress.

SAUTO 08-15-2016 09:26 PM

Really? I had no idea.

GloucesterChief 08-15-2016 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12370308)
Really? I had no idea.

It would take a judge deciding the extent of the duress.

Pushead2 08-16-2016 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 12369949)
Rumor is his new lawyer has the smoking gun of evidence to get Avery's overturned as well. Hearing rumors of cell phone towers being pinged in a different location during a key point in the murder.

Uh-oh, a Serial type twist.

PAChiefsGuy 08-16-2016 02:08 AM

I feel really sorry for Steven Avery. I mean he will basically have spent most of his life behind bars for crimes (rape for goodness sake) that he didn't commit and here I am bitching about my job today... Lol.

Swanman 08-16-2016 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12369883)

He was set to get in the neighborhood of $36 million, but after he was arrested for the murder he took a settlement of like $400k because he was desperate to get money for decent lawyers. So yes, he did miss out on a huge payday.

Swanman 08-16-2016 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 12369949)

There are reports that there were tower pings from miles away from the Avery compound well after the prosecution's timeline of the murder taking place, which would show that she did in fact leave after taking pictures of the van. However, those tower pings are not 100% reliable but it's certainly an interesting route to pursue. It's amazing that Avery's original lawyers didn't pursue it (or they did and it was bogus).

Pushead2 08-16-2016 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 12370660)
There are reports that there were tower pings from miles away from the Avery compound well after the prosecution's timeline of the murder taking place, which would show that she did in fact leave after taking pictures of the van. However, those tower pings are not 100% reliable but it's certainly an interesting route to pursue. It's amazing that Avery's original lawyers didn't pursue it (or they did and it was bogus).

Were they incoming? or outgoing?

pr_capone 08-16-2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 12371076)
Were they incoming? or outgoing?

neither.... when you are moving from place to place, your phone stays in communication with the network through a series of towers. when you leave the range of one you are picked up by another in what is called a hand off so that the network always knows what tower to direct an incoming call/text to.

oaklandhater 08-16-2016 04:58 PM

Nancy grace and ken kratz super pissed off

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/maki...ey-confession/

SAUTO 08-16-2016 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 12370651)
He was set to get in the neighborhood of $36 million, but after he was arrested for the murder he took a settlement of like $400k because he was desperate to get money for decent lawyers. So yes, he did miss out on a huge payday.

That he agreed to.

His lawyer should have been smarter too. Defend him on credit for five million and get paid on the settlement. It may take years but it's a gamble worth taking imo