ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-10-2009 08:53 PM

Gawd damn; y'all are some Watchmen-lovin' mother****ers up in here.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-10-2009 09:14 PM

Haven't had time to watch a lot of movies lately other than some holiday-fare.

Sat down with the wife and watched Four Christmases. What ****ing awful tripe that was. The cliched, "two people don't want a family, but see the error of their ways and realize that it's the only way to actually be happy" shit that gets spewed all the time.

KC Jones 12-10-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 6328856)
Absolutely nothing worth watching this Christmas except for Sherlock Holmes.

This has to be one of the worst holiday movie seasons in my memory.

What you say?!?!

http://www.redclifffilm.com/

blazzin311 12-10-2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones (Post 6336020)

Damn that movie does look badass. I'm glad you posted that link here, or I might not of even known this movie is coming out. Or at least I probably wouldn't have know that is until previews start showing on the t.v. Looks good in any case.

Baby Lee 12-11-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones (Post 6336020)

Sittin' on my DVR in glorious HD, t'ankew Mr. Cuban.

mikeyis4dcats. 12-11-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin311 (Post 6336289)
Damn that movie does look badass. I'm glad you posted that link here, or I might not of even known this movie is coming out. Or at least I probably wouldn't have know that is until previews start showing on the t.v. Looks good in any case.

netflix shows a sequel as well....

L.A. Chieffan 12-11-2009 01:25 PM

How many have seen Law Abiding Citizen? I thought it was great until that last 10 minutes and they completely sold out which was unexpected considering the content of the previous hour and a half or so. I can think of about a dozen better endings than that garbage.

Shame, it almost jumped into one of my most underrated films.

irishjayhawk 12-11-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6336012)
Haven't had time to watch a lot of movies lately other than some holiday-fare.

Sat down with the wife and watched Four Christmases. What ****ing awful tripe that was. The cliched, "two people don't want a family, but see the error of their ways and realize that it's the only way to actually be happy" shit that gets spewed all the time.

That's why the only chick flick, especially at Christmas time, you should allow her to watch is Love Actually.

Jenson71 12-11-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6337282)
That's why the only chick flick, especially at Christmas time, you should allow her to watch is Love Actually.

Have you seen Serendipity? I had the famous Serendipity chocolate shake that they drink in the movie. Andy Warhol's favorite.

-King- 12-11-2009 09:06 PM

Watched Shooter a couple days ago.

Could things have happened any more conveniently for this guy? Holy shit. Everything he wanted, he had.

KCChiefsMan 12-12-2009 03:41 AM

I watched Whatever Works, a Woody Allen film starring Larry David. I'm an LD fan, so I rented it. It was meh. Not my cup of tea I guess and I was kind of hoping for Seinfeld/Curb LD and that wasn't it.

KCChiefsMan 12-12-2009 05:06 AM

so I was browsing through netflix instant watch movies and came across Carlito's Way: Rise to Power. I loved Carlito's Way, this new one was supposed to be a prequel to it and thought I would check it out and see the story. Now, I didn't expect anything but come teh fuck on. I could have wrote a way better movie for 1 simple fact, I have seen Carlito's Way. The writers for this one, obviously have never seen Carlito's Way starring Al Pacino and Sean Penn. It had nothing to do with it at all, nothing. They even had the guy who played Pachanga in the first one, but he was a completely different character. No best friend lawyer, no Gail story and was a latino chick. WTF? I could have dealt with the terrible acting but don't make this movie if you have never seen Carlito's Way, they obviously haven't ever seen it before. So stupid

Jenson71 12-12-2009 02:30 PM

I'm half watching The Burning Bed. Domestic abuse is disgusting. I can't take it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-12-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 6339326)
I'm half watching The Burning Bed. Domestic abuse is disgusting. I can't take it.

Welcome to 1980?

Jenson71 12-12-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 6339335)
Welcome to 1980?

Only '84. I'd never even heard of it until I started watching it.