ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

irishjayhawk 12-08-2009 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6328066)
Watched Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut on blu-ray tonight. SWEET.

Better than theatrical?

KCWolfman 12-08-2009 12:09 PM

Absolutely nothing worth watching this Christmas except for Sherlock Holmes.

This has to be one of the worst holiday movie seasons in my memory.

Aries Walker 12-08-2009 12:27 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing Invictus, which opens Friday.

Reaper16 12-08-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6328206)
Better than theatrical?

Yeah. The 'Black Freighter' material is woven into the film nicely and it helps with my main complaint that the theatrical cut was paced too quickly (which seems absurd for a cut that was 2 hours and 40 minutes, but hey, Watchmen is some dense stuff). The Ultimate Cut gets the film closer to the fully-realized artistic statement that it should be.

irishjayhawk 12-08-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 6328912)
I'm looking forward to seeing Invictus, which opens Friday.

Me too.

Frazod 12-08-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6328973)
Yeah. The 'Black Freighter' material is woven into the film nicely and it helps with my main complaint that the theatrical cut was paced too quickly (which seems absurd for a cut that was 2 hours and 40 minutes, but hey, Watchmen is some dense stuff). The Ultimate Cut gets the film closer to the fully-realized artistic statement that it should be.

Goddammit! Now I have to buy this one too. :cuss:

Buck 12-08-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6328066)
Watched Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut on blu-ray tonight. SWEET.

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6328206)
Better than theatrical?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6328973)

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6330085)
Goddammit! Now I have to buy this one too. :cuss:

****in lame.

I bought The Black Freighter when it first came out on Blu-Ray and then Watchmen when it came out, and now there is one w/ it interlaced?

Did they cut in the "Under the Hood" stuff too?

KcMizzou 12-08-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6330132)
****in lame.

I bought The Black Freighter when it first came out on Blu-Ray and then Watchmen when it came out, and now there is one w/ it interlaced?

You had to know it was coming.

Buck 12-08-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6330134)
You had to know it was coming.

To me it doesn't really matter, but I didn't think about that at first.

I still haven't seen the whole movie. I watched the first hour when I first bought it and haven't seen it since.

KcMizzou 12-08-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6330151)
To me it doesn't really matter, but I didn't think about that at first.

I still haven't seen the whole movie. I watched the first hour when I first bought it and haven't seen it since.

Kind of like the Lord of the Rings movies. I love 'em, but damn... that's a serious time investment.

I'll have to get that Ultimate cut. I'll probably watch it once right away, and not see in again for maybe a year or two. Part of it is the fact that I just like knowing I have it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-08-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6330202)
Kind of like the Lord of the Rings movies. I love 'em, but damn... that's a serious time investment.

I'll have to get that Ultimate cut. I'll probably watch it once right away, and not see in again for maybe a year or two. Part of it is the fact that I just like knowing I have it.

Sitting in a theater for that shit, for THAT long?

No...****ing...way, Jose.

Reaper16 12-08-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6330132)
****in lame.

Did they cut in the "Under the Hood" stuff too?

I declined to buy Watchmen when it came out because they had already announced the 5-disc Ultimate Cut release that came out a few weeks ago. I patiently waited.

The 'Under the Hood' material is NOT woven into this cuto the film (though it is included on disc 3).

Baby Lee 12-10-2009 06:30 AM

Non Sequitur at least tangentially related to Movies. A little snippet of music from the trailer for Eric Bana's 'Love the Beast,' an apparent auto-documentary of him growing up rally racing with the same car [the beast in question], . . . anyway just a little snippet of music from it was driving me crazy with remembrance and yearning to hear more. So I spent the morning trying to track it down. Surely it's on one of my favorite albums, . . no? Surely something I bought this year, . . . no?
Turns out I'd heard it once, . . . a year or so ago, . . when I saw that youtube of that guy doing all them urban mountain biking trickety-tricks.

Band of Horses - The Funeral. Great song, and if it stuck with me like that more than a year later, better put the album on an Xmas list.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/srI1rSORJ2E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/srI1rSORJ2E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z19zFlPah-o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z19zFlPah-o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DeepPurple 12-10-2009 02:09 PM

I saw "Public Enemies" last night, it was better than I expected, gave it 8 stars. It has some good shootouts and quite a bit of violence, if you remember liking the "The Untouchables" from 1987 then you would like this film. The only negative I would say is the audio. I've got a terrific 5.1 system in my home and of course every amp is different, but on my Sony I usually listen to DVD's on volume 20 - 28, and I had to turn it up to 42 to understand what they were saying. Unfortunately, when there is a shootout the sound will blow you away, I wish they would get the sound more leveled on these newer films.

Since I only go to the movies about once every 7 or 8 years, next week I actually can talk about a DVD I've seen. "District 9" is coming out, and if your not even a big sci-fi fan like myself, you'll still enjoy this film for it's originally and special effects.

Sure-Oz 12-10-2009 08:18 PM

When i bought watchmen dc i also got tales of the black freighter free on a seperate dvd