ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SCHEFTER- Crennel to Chiefs Imminent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221244)

AJKCFAN 01-11-2010 06:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INBayZpjeSY

teedubya 01-11-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6435571)
We've been all over it. Subscribe now. You're missing out.

Id rather subscribe to the BigRedChief Magazine

petegz28 01-11-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6435599)
If second-half Charles wasn't a fluke, if that's the level of play he can sustain, there's absolutely no excuse for the offense NOT to be competent, at least.

This assumes that we acquire one more weapon, probably a WR.

Hard to say it ws a fluke considering he performed pretty much game in and out.

DeezNutz 01-11-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 6435604)
I'm skeptical as to whether or not Charles can actually perform as an "every down" back. I worry about his shoulder. He's not a very big guy and he's going to take some big hits now that the league is aware of his abilities.

We need somebody else to take some snaps.

FAX

I completely agree, but I'm also not ready to put limits on Charles, based on what we've seen.

That said, if we can acquire someone to get 5-10 touches, that would seem like a very smart move. Thus keeping Charles at around 15-18 TPG.

DeezNutz 01-11-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 6435612)
Hard to say it ws a fluke considering he performed pretty much game in and out.

The run D's he faced weren't exactly elite. Far from it. OTW posted the stats.

Just something to keep in mind.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6435606)
You are a ****ing liar.

You have anger issues.

petegz28 01-11-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6435616)
The run D's he faced weren't exactly elite. Far from it. OTW posted the stats.

Just something to keep in mind.

Don't care. He punished weak defenses like a good RB should. We need help on the D and O lines, need our WR's to quit dropping passes and most of all, we need our ****ing QB to get his shit together.

JC is the least of my worries. He is proven though I would like to see him spelled a little more cause of his size. And I thought the Bengals were one of the better run defenses?

keg in kc 01-11-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6435599)
If second-half Charles wasn't a fluke, if that's the level of play he can sustain, there's absolutely no excuse for the offense NOT to be competent, at least.

This assumes that we acquire one more weapon, probably a WR.

Thing with that is that Weis may not do wonders for Charles rushing numbers. If the Chiefs are as pass happy as the Patriots were when he was there, and they're plugging in new linemen, as I expect they may be, even with a weapon upgrade or three I think there's a potential for some early season ugliness.

'course it will inevitably also depend on who they end up playing, schedule-wise.

But it should start better than '09. I think it's a fairly safe assumption that Weis won't be fired right before the season.

bevischief 01-11-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6435473)
From a different source....Press conference to be held Wednesday. Crennel to assume duties immediately and will work the Shrine game as the DC of the Chiefs.

To the ship!

petegz28 01-11-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6435630)
Thing with that is that Weis may not do wonders for Charles rushing numbers. If the Chiefs are as pass happy as the Patriots were when he was there, and they're plugging in new linemen, as I expect they may be, even with a weapon upgrade or three I think there's a potential for some early season ugliness.

'course it will inevitably also depend on who they end up playing, schedule-wise.

But it should start better than '09. I think it's a fairly safe assumption that Weis won't be fired right before the season.

Fired? No. Quit? If Haley don't tone it down with his coaches.

keg in kc 01-11-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 6435635)
Fired? No. Quit? If Haley don't tone it down with his coaches.

They're familiar with each other from way back, I doubt that's going to be an issue.

The Bad Guy 01-11-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6435625)
You have anger issues.

You, much like your boyfriend, have compulsive liar issues.

I just hate you.

petegz28 01-11-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6435637)
They're familiar with each other from way back, I doubt that's going to be an issue.

I was just saying....

DeezNutz 01-11-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 6435626)
Don't care. He punished weak defenses like a good RB should. We need help on the D and O lines, need our WR's to quit dropping passes and most of all, we need our ****ing QB to get his shit together.

JC is the least of my worries. He is proven though I would like to see him spelled a little more cause of his size. And I thought the Bengals were one of the better run defenses?

No, I'm not worried about Charles. I'm just saying...

And I'm someone who thinks the Beagles were VERY overrated, but that could just be me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6435630)

Good point. Rushing stats could be down as we pass to set up the run. But JC has shown the type of explosiveness that I'd be surprised for him not to excel, even with less carries.

And, Johnly, this might be an ok thing for a smaller back. We'll see.

bevischief 01-11-2010 07:06 PM

Need more peanut better...