ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

blaise 11-22-2009 12:38 AM

I just watched Man on a Train on DVD (French w/subtitles) I liked it a lot. Great dialogue, acting and directing. It's not action packed, so if you don't like movies that move pretty slow it's probably not your cup of tea.

KCrockaholic 11-24-2009 06:39 PM

So who has seen The Blind Side? I have a feeling it is going to be pretty good.

PhillyChiefFan 11-25-2009 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrockaholic4life (Post 6291928)
So who has seen The Blind Side? I have a feeling it is going to be pretty good.

It was damn good. It was long, but engaging.

I read the book and it keep close to it.

It is a great story and Sandra Bullock is surprising good in the movie.

Jerm 11-25-2009 12:55 PM

Watched The Taking of Pelham 123 last night.

Pretty standard and by the book but decent I guess...found it somewhat interesting.

LOL it comes with its own built in drinking game based on how many times Travolta says "mother****er"...he looked like he enjoyed himself.

On the other hand it looked like Denzel phoned it in and was there simply for a check.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz 11-25-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 6293665)

Pretty standard and by the book but decent I guess...found it somewhat interesting.

LOL it comes with its own built in drinking game based on how many times Travolta says "mother****er"...he looked like he enjoyed himself.

On the other hand it looked like Denzel phoned it in and was there simply for a check.
Posted via Mobile Device

its an inside joke between the girl and i know when we say mothereffer like him haha. he said it atleast 28 times. That movie sucked, crappy ending

blaise 11-25-2009 02:07 PM

Wathced a movie called Boy A last night. It was good, but depressing.

CoMoChief 11-25-2009 02:38 PM

I saw the Mike Tyson documentary. It was ok.....He's still crazier than batshit.

Simply Red 11-25-2009 03:10 PM

so what'd the masses think of Rocknrolla?

Jerm 11-25-2009 04:12 PM

Ok Demolition Man was on AMC today...wow had forgotten all about this one.

Hate edited movies but I still watched it, good cheesy fun.

"Teddy Bear..."
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-25-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6294100)
so what'd the masses think of Rocknrolla?

Me rikey!

irishjayhawk 11-25-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 6293665)

Posted via Mobile Device

Denzel has mailed it in pretty much since Training Day. All his movies are the same.

But that ending was shit. didn't even make sense.

pikesome 11-25-2009 05:15 PM

I know it's old-ish and I'm late to the party but... I watched The Descent yesterday and I was not impressed. Which surprised me considering how many people loved it.

I found myself unconcerned about the lead or any of the others and the first part of the movie was poorly paced. The movie spent so much time trying to show the bonds between characters no one cared about.

And then the creatures... ****. They were unmitigated crap. Stupid looking, stupidly explained, stupidly conceived. In addition to being blind they apparently can't smell or feel, and their hearing wasn't good enough to hear people feet away but was good enough to "see" with? And they didn't seem to notice fire. And walk on the walls with human arms and legs. If you want to know how they should have been watch Pitch Black and take notes. The level of incompetence in the monster design killed any enjoyment for me.

blaise 11-25-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikesome (Post 6294453)
I know it's old-ish and I'm late to the party but... I watched The Descent yesterday and I was not impressed. Which surprised me considering how many people loved it.

I found myself unconcerned about the lead or any of the others and the first part of the movie was poorly paced. The movie spent so much time trying to show the bonds between characters no one cared about.

And then the creatures... ****. They were unmitigated crap. Stupid looking, stupidly explained, stupidly conceived. In addition to being blind they apparently can't smell or feel, and their hearing wasn't good enough to hear people feet away but was good enough to "see" with? And they didn't seem to notice fire. And walk on the walls with human arms and legs. If you want to know how they should have been watch Pitch Black and take notes. The level of incompetence in the monster design killed any enjoyment for me.

I liked it. I know it's nothing great, but I enjoyed it. You are right about too much time with the relationships between teh characters. I watched in on DVD and fast forwarded about 20 minutes of the beginning and didn't feel like I missed anything. I thought the monster things were ok.

Buehler445 11-25-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 6294318)
Ok Demolition Man was on AMC today...wow had forgotten all about this one.

Hate edited movies but I still watched it, good cheesy fun.

"Teddy Bear..."
Posted via Mobile Device

:rockon:

I love that movie. Sandra Bullock was unbelievably hot in that movie.
Posted via Mobile Device

blaise 11-25-2009 05:52 PM

The Road is getting mixed reviews. I haven't seen it, so I don't know how good it is but I'm suprised at how many of the reviews basically say it's too depressing. I don't get that. It's like saying Caddyshack isn't serious enough. To me, saying it's too depressing totally misses the point. Some of the criticism though says the musical score is bad. When I first heard they were adapting this to a film I though they should use no music at all. Just wind noises, or rain, but no score.