ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Lzen 11-03-2009 07:09 PM

Watched Unforgiven the other day. Forgot how awesome a western flick is that one. One of the best westerns of all time, IMO.

Also, watched The Contract. Waste of 2 hours. Avoid that one.

Watched Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Sure, it wasn't the greatest storyline. The acting was so so. But the action and CGI was amazing.

Currently watching Underworld: Rise Of The Licans. Loved the first 2 movies in this series. Hoping this one lives up to the first 2. No Kate Beckinsale, though. :(

Miles 11-03-2009 11:55 PM

Just watched GI Joe. It managed to be even more ridiculous than I was expecting but overall I would say it was a fairly entertaining shitty movie.

KcMizzou 11-04-2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 6232066)
Just watched GI Joe. It managed to be even more ridiculous than I was expecting but overall I would say it was a fairly entertaining shitty movie.

Sounds about right. I expected it to suck... it did... but I was still entertained.

Sure-Oz 11-04-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 6232066)

i assume it will be better than transformers 2...

i have gijoe, twilight(for the girl), and taking of pelham 123 coming from netflix

Simply Red 11-04-2009 02:55 PM

I watched "meat-train" last night on FearNet. It's clive whathisnutz new movie, i recommend it. It was actually mostly decent.

blazzin311 11-04-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6233387)
I watched "meat-train" last night on FearNet. It's clive whathisnutz new movie, i recommend it. It was actually mostly decent.

I enjoyed it also. It wasn't too bad at all.

DeepPurple 11-04-2009 04:16 PM

Speaking of trains, I watched the new DVD of the Travolta version of The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3 last night. Unfortunately I had recently watched the original with Robert Shaw (Jaws Capt) as the villain and all I could think about was how they messed up this film. It was nice to see it wasn't a complete carbon copy by incorporating a lot of the new technology, but they also changed a lot of the storyline.

I would be interested in knowing how some of you would rate this film who haven't had their mind corrupted by seeing the original. If you want to see the original 1974 version with Robert Shaw, Walter Matthau, Martin Balsam, Hector Elizondo, Jerry Stiller and Tony Roberts among others, they had it free at Hula.com a few months ago. The original is titled "The Taking of Pelham One, Two, Three" spelled out like that.

blaise 11-04-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 6233697)
Speaking of trains, I watched the new DVD of the Travolta version of The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3 last night. Unfortunately I had recently watched the original with Robert Shaw (Jaws Capt) as the villain and all I could think about was how they messed up this film. It was nice to see it wasn't a complete carbon copy by incorporating a lot of the new technology, but they also changed a lot of the storyline.

I would be interested in knowing how some of you would rate this film who haven't had their mind corrupted by seeing the original. If you want to see the original 1974 version with Robert Shaw, Walter Matthau, Martin Balsam, Hector Elizondo, Jerry Stiller and Tony Roberts among others, they had it free at Hula.com a few months ago. The original is titled "The Taking of Pelham One, Two, Three" spelled out like that.

The original was good. A lot of the reason was Mattau's sort of wry acting and the NYC 70's gritty feel to it. I haven't seen the new, but I just don't imagine it matching up.
If I'm not mistaken, there was a remake in between the two of those, too.

blazzin311 11-04-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 6233697)

Well I have not seen the original but did enjoy the remake. Denzel and Travolta both gave fine performance as expected. Storyline wise I'm pretty sure I've seen something along those lines before, but I'd still give it around a 7/10 or so. Good solid flick. Nothing tremendous or overly great but definitely solid.

Lzen 11-05-2009 03:36 PM

Anybody seen World's Greatest Dad starring Robin Williams? Just wondering if I should save it in my Netflix Queue.

DMAC 11-05-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 6236204)
Anybody seen World's Greatest Dad starring Robin Williams? Just wondering if I should save it in my Netflix Queue.

Sounds like a classic!

Otter 11-05-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6233387)

I saw that over Halloween Week, decent movie.

Spoiler!

DMAC 11-05-2009 03:45 PM

I saw they are remaking Flight of the Navigator.

WTF.

Compliance!

Simply Red 11-05-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 6236237)
I saw that over Halloween Week, decent movie.

Spoiler!

well said, Otter.

Again, you're right, it didn't set the world on fire, but, definitely was worthy. IMO..

blazzin311 11-05-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 6236204)

Yup, I saw it a couple months ago. I found it to be a decent flick. Definitely a different type of a role for Robin Williams. Definitely a dark kind of comedy with some drama mixed in in parts. Good flick though.