ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

irishjayhawk 10-20-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6190884)
We watched State of Play last night. Excellent thriller, kept you guessing until the end.

Yeah, I enjoyed it. It wasn't Michael Clayton good but it was pretty good.

blazzin311 10-23-2009 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 6004356)
I saw "Moon" with Sam Rockwell over the weekend. Great movie! More of a psychological thriller than a sci-fi, but all sci-fi lovers will still enjoy it.

Synopsis: It is the near future. Astronaut Sam Bell is living on the far side of the moon, completing a three-year contract with Lunar Industries to mine Earth’s primary source of energy, Helium-3. It is a... It is the near future. Astronaut Sam Bell is living on the far side of the moon, completing a three-year contract with Lunar Industries to mine Earth’s primary source of energy, Helium-3. It is a lonely job, made harder by a broken satellite that allows no live communications home. Taped messages are all Sam can send and receive.

Thankfully, his time on the moon is nearly over, and Sam will be reunited with his wife, Tess, and their three-year-old daughter, Eve, in only a few short weeks. Finally, he will leave the isolation of “Sarang,” the moon base that has been his home for so long, and he will finally have someone to talk to beyond “Gerty,” the base’s well-intentioned, but rather uncomplicated computer.

Suddenly, Sam’s health starts to deteriorate. Painful headaches, hallucinations and a lack of focus lead to an almost fatal accident on a routine drive on the moon in a lunar rover. While recuperating back at the base (with no memory of how he got there), Sam meets a younger, angrier version of himself, who claims to be there to fulfill the same three year contract Sam started all those years ago.

Just saw this earlier this evening. I must say I wasn't disappointed. This film really to be honest succeeds on many levels IMO. It's a Sci-Fi film with a very thought provoking story line, terrific cinematography, very good special effects (with very little or no CGI, not really sure), and above all this film contains a damn fine performance from Sam Rockwell! Seriously Oscar worthy. Now even though this movie is probably classified as being "Sci-Fi" I think that term should be used a bit loosely. This is very much a character driven piece despite all of the "Sci-Fi" elements in it. Rockwell delivers a compelling and convincing performance in what is virtually a one-man show. Rockwell plays a multi-layered character who is rich, engaging, frantic, subdued with pain, and yet quietly unassuming in nature. His character has a certain level of quirky craziness and moving vulnerability to him as well. I also enjoyed Kevin Spacey as Gerty as well. He was a nice compliment to Rockwell's character. IMO this is one of the best films of the year (might be my favorite of the year), and one of the best Science Fiction films I've seen in a long time. On that note I've also seen Sunshine which I also enjoyed immensely, however that being said between the two films Moon takes the cake IMO. I actually wouldn't be suprised to see this movie at the very least, be nominated for the Best Picture award at the Oscars either. Overall I felt that this film was stunning and certainly thought provoking. Though it may or may not be perfect, if you get a chance to see it, do yourself a favor and watch it. I don't think you'll be too terribly dissappointed, if at all. :thumb:

Fish 10-23-2009 03:13 PM

The "New" A-Team.....

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/142...009jpgscal.jpg

JuicesFlowing 10-24-2009 08:27 AM

Rob Zombie makes shitty movies. I mistakingly rented two of them this past week.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-24-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6199433)
The "New" A-Team.....

"I love it when a plan to remake a show that wasn't that awesome to begin with comes together"...:rolleyes:

KCChiefsMan 10-24-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuicesFlowing (Post 6200411)
Rob Zombie makes shitty movies. I mistakingly rented two of them this past week.

no, I like his movies.

Fairplay 10-24-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6199433)
The "New" A-Team.....

This will be the suck so bad you just know it.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-25-2009 02:46 PM

Transformers 2 - I knew it was going to suck, but I underestimated the suck.

wow. I think Megan Fox may have written it!

KCChiefsMan 10-25-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6205013)

ya, I just watched that the other day. Lame

Buehler445 10-26-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6205013)

Eh. I saw it in IMAX. I knew it would be campy and full of holes. But it was a good popcorner. Just to see what is possible.

Overall it is a meh movie, but I don't hate it as much as most of you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fire Me Boy! 10-26-2009 12:32 PM

Wife made me watch The Proposal this weekend.

Spoiler!

As expected, the wife loved it. I did not. She's banned from the Netflix queue.

blaise 10-27-2009 10:08 AM

I recently watched a couple of movies that I liked. Neither are new. One was called "Simple Men" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105411/ Kind of a quirky little movie, but good.

The other was called "Once". It's about a street performer musician who meets up with a girl who gets him to write and record his own songs. It's a good film. My only complaint is that the music itself didn't appeal to me very much, but the interaction between the actors was very good.

Jenson71 10-27-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 6208446)

Spoiler!

This was the last movie I've seen in a while. It was horrible, really, really, really bad.

Sure-Oz 10-27-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Spoiler!

I agreed 100%, looking at the gf like wtf...she thought it was stupid at the end esp

Frazod 10-27-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Spoiler!

It was okay. Pretty much exactly what you knew it would be going in. Betty White was funny.