ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

DJJasonp 10-15-2009 02:13 PM

Not sure if mentioned yet....but "Choke" was excellent. Very wicked....reminded me of "The Grifters" in how twisted it was....but probably a bit more 'dirty' than Grifters.

blazzin311 10-15-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 6174401)
Not sure if mentioned yet....but "Choke" was excellent. Very wicked....reminded me of "The Grifters" in how twisted it was....but probably a bit more 'dirty' than Grifters.

Yea this was a real good flick. I'll usually watching anything with Sam Rockwell in it though. He's usually gold. I still haven't gotten around to seeing Moon yet. Have heard it's tremendous though.

Megbert 10-15-2009 02:53 PM

So I went to see a preview of Where the Wild Things Are this past Tuesday. Some movie reps handed out passes to a preview for a "new action adventure movie" I want to say they said it was for a 2010 summer release. The screening is tonight. Kinda excited and curious what movie I'll get to see. Probably be something crappy but it'll be free.

Simply Red 10-15-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 6174401)

is it old? never heard of either, actually.

Megbert 10-15-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6174532)

It came out last year. It's based on a Chuck Palahniuk novel. I read the novel a couple years ago. I really enjoyed the novel. Haven't seen the movie yet.

blazzin311 10-15-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6174532)

It's from the makers of Fight Club. Totally different kind of movie though.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMZ3Mi1vT-w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMZ3Mi1vT-w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Simply Red 10-15-2009 04:03 PM

I see.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-15-2009 06:01 PM

That looks pretty cool actually.

Deberg_1990 10-15-2009 07:17 PM

rofl

mikeyis4dcats. 10-15-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZChiefFan (Post 6174520)
So I went to see a preview of Where the Wild Things Are this past Tuesday. Some movie reps handed out passes to a preview for a "new action adventure movie" I want to say they said it was for a 2010 summer release. The screening is tonight. Kinda excited and curious what movie I'll get to see. Probably be something crappy but it'll be free.

how was WTWTA?

Megbert 10-15-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6175616)
how was WTWTA?

Really good. I didn't read the book as a kid so I didn't have that nostalgic view of the story or book. Watching it though I felt Jonze and Eggers did a really good job at capturing the feel of the book.

If you were to take a kid I'd say 9-10+ years olds will enjoy what they see. I took a six year old he said he liked it. A lot of reviews have said it really captures what it's like to be 9 and I really think it did.

The Wild Things were simply amazing sooo glad they weren't just CGI'd in. OK the faces of the WT's were enhanced with CGI but it's not noticeable.

Also liked there were no jokes that will immediately date it. No fart jokes or stupid fast talking sidekicks added so kids would like it more. Like so many kids movies seem the need or want to do these days.

Megbert 10-16-2009 12:04 AM

So tonight I got to go to a screening of a movie that stars Iron Man, Dickie Greenleaf and Claire Cleary (wedding crashers) It was directed by some guy that used to be married to Madonna.

I had to sign a nondisclosure statement so I can't really say that much about the movie itself.

What I saw was a work in progress soundtrack was temporary, some color correction needed to be done and some effects will probably need to be cleaned up but it's really entertaining, has great dialogue, acting and action.

Baby Lee 10-16-2009 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZChiefFan (Post 6175994)
So tonight I got to go to a screening of a movie that stars Iron Man, Dickie Greenleaf and Claire Cleary (wedding crashers) It was directed by some guy that used to be married to Madonna.

I had to sign a nondisclosure statement so I can't really say that much about the movie itself.

What I saw was a work in progress soundtrack was temporary, some color correction needed to be done and some effects will probably need to be cleaned up but it's really entertaining, has great dialogue, acting and action.

Dude, we speak Fax, we know this is the Sherlock Holmes movie.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-16-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 6176165)
Dude, we speak Fax, we know this is the Sherlock Holmes movie.

I want to see that pretty badly. Trailer looked good.

Miles 10-16-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6177155)
I want to see that pretty badly. Trailer looked good.

After that last Guy's effort I'm looking forward to what he does next. The trailer seemed a little off in the way the the trailer for Inglourious Basterds was also a little off.